• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

PK Gaming

Christ, I just glanced through the Dangan Ronpa Zero wiki entry and one of the pictures is a huge fucking spoiler.
:(

I was just about to take a gander at the wiki myself, but I got lucky and saw your post in the nick of time. Is there any way of reading up on DanganRonpa Zero info without running into a huge spoiler?

So does the DR2 OST keep up with the first one? I liked the OST of the first game quite much, it has a really fun style to it. The only song I have listened to from the sequel is the pink bunnys theme and that certainly is... unique :lol. I won't dare to even check anything about DR2 in fear of spoilers (and obviously it's more fun to experience it when actually playing. Gotta keep myself completely in the dark for spoilers. I was lucky enough with the first one tho since I played it quite early when the fan translation came out.

edit: ^^and yeah, no friggin way I'll touch DR wiki or anything like that with a 1000000 feet pole :lol.

LiK

don't look up anything. i was looking up the English voice actors and happened to read a tiny spoiler for DR2. had to stop immediately. avoid all wikis. DR2 spoilers are everywhere which is annoying since i wanted to only look up stuff for the first game.

:(

I was just about to take a gander at the wiki myself, but I got lucky and saw your post in the nick of time. Is there any way of reading up on DanganRonpa Zero info without running into a huge spoiler?

Well if you can access Something Awful then the entire first volume is in the DR2 LP thread but honestly not that much happens in it.

Labrys

So does the DR2 OST keep up with the first one? I liked the OST of the first game quite much, it has a really fun style to it. The only song I have listened to from the sequel is the pink bunnys theme and that certainly is... unique :lol. I won't dare to even check anything about DR2 in fear of spoilers (and obviously it's more fun to experience it when actually playing. Gotta keep myself completely in the dark for spoilers. I was lucky enough with the first one tho since I played it quite early when the fan translation came out.

edit: ^^and yeah, no friggin way I'll touch DR wiki or anything like that with a 1000000 feet pole :lol.

court themes are reused/remixed, and the walking around themes are reused/remixed as well. there are new songs for investigating and the new court mini games however

court themes are reused/remixed, and the walking around themes are reused/remixed as well. there are new songs for investigating and the new court mini games however

Hmm that is a bit dissapointing. Oh well, the music is good so if the game itself holds up I guess it won't be too big of a deal.

NotLiquid

I'm reading up on some of the supplemental material and I think I'm finally starting to realize why people like Mukuro so much.

You know what; fuck canon.

PK Gaming

I managed to read a summary of DR:0 on Tumblr. 2 words:

Freaking. Junko.

I'm currently resisting the urge to read her wiki profile with every fiber of my being.

Labrys

I managed to read a summary of DR:0 on Tumblr. 2 words:

Freaking. Junko.

I'm currently resisting the urge to read her wiki profile with every fiber of my being.

keep on resisting. keep on. don't do it. resist.

seriously if you read it you are going to regret it immensely

Noi

When I was looking for Junko pics for my current twitter avatar, I went into the wiki page for her and casually started scrolling down. The very second I saw that there
was a DR2 section on her page
I just immediately alt+f4'd and shut everything down.

The internet is out to get everyone. I remember when wiki pages used to be spoiler-friendly or at least give a warning of some kind.

When I was looking for Junko pics for my current twitter avatar, I went into the wiki page for her and casually started scrolling down. The very second I saw that there was a DR2 section on her page I just immediately alt+f4'd and shut everything down.

The internet is out to get everyone. I remember when wiki pages used to be spoiler-friendly or at least give a warning of some kind.

Speaking of that last thing, don't even check the wiki of the first game's characters yet.

The fuck did I tell you people

PK Gaming

Yeah...

Those 6 and a half months of waiting are going to be killer, but I've got no choice but do it.

I'm dying to know what happens to the DR1 characters.

Noi

The fuck did I tell you people

This was before the warnings! I'd just finished the game and thought that, having that down, the internet was safe to browse again.

thankfully I aborted just in time. That would have been awful. I'm not even gonna look up IF until DR2 comes out with it, too much risk in doing so.

Edit: Funny enough, while I went into Danganronpa totally unaware of anything related to it, there was exactly one picture that I'd remembered seeing before (from the game) but didn't know where it was from until I got to that point.

bqZkKwi.jpg

Immediately had an "OH!" moment cause I hadn't even matched the art style together in my head or recognized her.

kiryogi

Banned
Quick question for folks, does anyone remember exactly what Naegi says before each trial as they go down the elevator? Something about deadly this and that? XD

LX_Theo

Banned
Quick question for folks, does anyone remember exactly what Naegi says before each trial as they go down the elevator? Something about deadly this and that? XD

You mean that thing I generally skipped through? Nah, sorry. I think it was just foreboding speak to created more tension going into the trial. Was there a specific thing he said every time and that is what you're asking for?

Volcynika

You mean that thing I generally skipped through? Nah, sorry. I think it was just foreboding speak to created more tension going into the trial. Was there a specific thing he said every time and that is what you're asking for?

Yeah, "deadly betrayal, deadly blah blah," and finish with something like "a deadly class trial!"

kiryogi

Banned

Yeah I was looking for that entire line actually. XD If anyone remembers it or can pull it up.

thankfully I aborted just in time. That would have been awful. I'm not even gonna look up IF until DR2 comes out with it, too much risk in doing so.
Looking up IF went surprisingly well, but it's gonna take a while for me to get my nerve back before I try 0.

well the dead stays dead sadly

cause canon hates me
Well shit, I was banking on there being an Ultimate Necromancer to revive Celeste.

Yeah I was looking for that entire line actually. XD If anyone remembers it or can pull it up.

It might change in each trial, but in the first trial it's:

"A deadly judgement... A deadly deception... A deadly betrayal... A deadly riddle, a deadly defense, a deadly faith... A deadly... class trial...!"

^ or that

Yasumi

Banned

This one?

A deadly judgement...
A deadly deception...
A deadly betrayal...
A deadly riddle, a deadly defense, a deadly faith...
A deadly... class trial...!

Well shit, I was banking on there being an Ultimate Necromancer to revive Celeste.

...As long as they don't become walking zombies sort, I could totally be ok with that.

Don't worry. Ishimaru-chan is happily rolling in the afterlife ;-;

Holy crap, holy crap, most amazing Youtube video ever.

Everything from the visuals, the songs, just everything. ;_; Well never not associate Rolling Girl with Ishimaru now.

Well at least I know what to watch after I get through the middle of chapter 3 tonight.

FluxWaveZ

As an aside, I took around 1500 pictures over the course of the game.

Ha, I didn't take a huge amount, but I was compelled to take a few screenshots while going through this game myself.

And then there's the one I posted before that I still can't get over (of all bugs or typos, that had to be the one?).

Toko's lucky she didn't get fucked up from that explosion. I've seen some complain that they dislike the artstyle, but I really like it.

Volcynika

Ha, I didn't take a huge amount, but I was compelled to take a few screenshots while going through this game myself.

And then there's the one I posted before that I still can't get over (of all bugs or typos, that had to be the one?).

Toko's lucky she didn't get fucked up from that explosion. I've seen some complain that they dislike the artstyle, but I really like it.

Hahahaha.

I never picked up on that angle for courtroom screenshot on Asahina.

FluxWaveZ

I never picked up on that angle for courtroom screenshot on Asahina.

Heh, seems to almost be a running joke through the game. In the shot where they're disassembling Monokuma, for example, she's just bending over with a similarly revealing angle.

Edit: Listening to this song, I can't help but recall that one of the best scenes for me in the game was after the characters discover Sakura's sacrifice, when Byakuya says he's opting out of the "game" and this music kicks in. I loved it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Okay, I've been through School Mode twice and gotten nothing out of it. Do you have to build one of every single prototype? I ran out of tree branches on the last fucking day. Ugh, so annoying.

Maxed my report card (except Makoto's obviously), and maxed 4 relationships. Built every dumb Monokuma prototype he wanted except the last one. Fuck that bear.

Zephyx

Yep, Houk announced shortly after Danganronpa 2 was announced that IF will be included in the localized one.

Where was that announced? Can you give a link?

I hope it's included in the cart rather than part of the LE since LEs are too expensive to be shipped here in Asia.

Top Bottom