• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

That song is so fucking good, the way it's used is amazing.

It's my favorite song in the whole game.
The second I heard it kick in when Monokuma announced the stips for everyone at the gym...I knew it was the 'shit just got real' song.

It's not used a ton, but when it is, wheeeee

Jamix012

I assume we're never getting the demo for the first DR. Apparantly the PSP demo is seperate from the main game. Ah well.

Where was that announced? Can you give a link?

I hope it's included in the cart rather than part of the LE since LEs are too expensive to be shipped here in Asia.

From NISA's forums. Took me a while to dig it out again.

It's literally the same thing as the first part of the first trial except that Maizono and Junko are alive and Hagakure is dead.

Really should have been how the game went. I would tolerate Maizono for no Hagakure.

pariah164

tumblr_n15zpzelz61qhhv13o1_400.png

I couldn't help myself
If I crop this to just 'Reveal the spoilers' and make it my avatar, is that okay, Solar? It's too good NOT to use.

I've taken a good amount of pictures, but I mostly took pictures of more of the funny stuff.
Monokuma is such a, well I'll let the images speak for themselves

Monokuma doesn't care about the kids, he just wants to show off his sexy self.
uJ3NZrY.gif

I'm happy Maizono's dead. Her entire arc is a nice subversion to the usual genre tropes.

While I agree, I rather have her stick around for another chapter or so than having to deal with too stupid to live for the whole game.

kewlmyc

Agreed. Hiro is worthless. He should have died instead of Celeste.

Fuck Celeste. Was my favorite until she had two people killed for the dumbest reason I've ever heard. Ishimaru is dead because of her. ISHIMARU!!! And it wasn't under questionable circumstances like Leon and Mondo either. Worst character in the game.

Would trade Hiro for Ishimaru any day though.

PK Gaming

I'm happy Maizono's dead. Her entire arc is a nice subversion to the usual genre tropes.

Indeed

I groaned when she said she was going to be the ultimate assistant because it was just too... convenient. The cutesy girl who ends being your "Maya" for most of the game.. blegh. But DanganRonpa subverted that expectation. Much like how the entire game is just one giant subversion. Just the way I like it.

uJ3NZrY.gif

While I agree, I rather have her stick around for another chapter or so than having to deal with too stupid to live for the whole game.

Sexy you say.....
tumblr_n0tfplU4Ey1qhhv13o1_500.png

TBH, it's actually kinda creepy when you think about it. Because Junko is saying all that and I don't know, that would creep me out a little if knew that she was one behind all of this and saying all of that.

As for Maizono, it was pretty obvious that she was gonna get killed early on, nice that she subverted that trope and was actually the attempted murderer.

kewlmyc

Non-mastermind Junko was probably my favorite character from the outset and she gets offed immediately. Sucks, man.

You'll enjoy DanganRonpa If then. Glad it's been confirmed to come here officially in the fall.

Also I've been spoiled to hell and back on DanganRonpa 2, so I decide to check out the executions. Holy shit, the budget on some of those is fantastic. The wait till fall is going to be hell.

Zephyx

One's a traitorous murderer, the other's just an idiot.

I believe Sayaka qualifies more for that criteria but yes, she is. But she is a better character than Hiro. He doesn't add anything to the story aside from his stupidity.

Fuck Celeste. Was my favorite until she had two people killed for the dumbest reason I've ever heard. Ishimaru is dead because of her. ISHIMARU!!! And it wasn't under questionable circumstances like Leon and Mondo either. Worst character in the game.

Regarding that, her reasoning is really vague. I didn't really understand what she wanted in the end that she's willing to commit murder. I thought it was another lie, but at that point, there is no reason for her to do that.

Leon's death also raises a question for me. Is he really expecting something to happen that night??

Any other character that died would be better than Hiro. I hope there's no character like him in the sequel.

Well I'm totally ok with Yamada dying for being lead so easily by Celeste. I mean, there's already been two murders, how do you think going along with her is a good idea whatsoever?

But sure, I'm willing to let anyone die for Ishimaru to keep living~

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You'll enjoy DanganRonpa If then. Glad it's been confirmed to come here officially in the fall.

Also I've been spoiled to hell and back on DanganRonpa 2, so I decide to check out the executions. Holy shit, the budget on some of those is fantastic. The wait till fall is going to be hell.

C'mon, man. That's not really necessary. I'd spoiler that first bit, to be honest.

kewlmyc

C'mon, man. That's not really necessary. I'd spoiler that first bit, to be honest.

It's not a spoiler.... It's the whole point of the story, a what if story if Makoto finds a switch to leave the place from the Monomono store, aka the murders never happen.

uJ3NZrY.gif

Sexy you say.....
tumblr_n0tfplU4Ey1qhhv13o1_500.png

Oh good I didn't need to be the one to post that

Also, f you guys

tumblr_n164iaLXxK1qhhv13o1_500.png

I'd rather keep this continuity than the demo's even if only for that

Eh, the entire premise of If is kinda "what if Mukuro lived" so no need to spoiler that imo

FluxWaveZ

I believe Sayaka qualifies more for that criteria but yes, she is. But she is a better character than Hiro. He doesn't add anything to the story aside from his stupidity.

I'll give you that. I just mean that Celeste deserved death, as opposed to that guy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's not a spoiler.... It's the whole point of the story, a what if story if Makoto finds a switch to leave the place from the Monomono store, aka the murders never happen.

Eh, the entire premise of If is kinda "what if Mukuro lived" so no need to spoiler that imo

Alright, I suppose that's alright then. I misread the statement initially. I'm just really paranoid about spoilers now. In fact, I'm probably just going to duck out.

Zephyx

I'll give you that. I just mean that Celeste deserved death, as opposed to that guy.

Well, maybe I was just expecting him to die early or if not, something part of much bigger in the plot. I thought he would somehow be doing something for the mastermind at some point but when he said
KIRIGIRI is a ghost
, I lost all faith in him.

Well I'm totally ok with Yamada dying for being lead so easily by Celeste. I mean, there's already been two murders, how do you think going along with her is a good idea whatsoever?

But sure, I'm willing to let anyone die for Ishimaru to keep living~

Well Ishimaru, Hifumi, and Celeste were all greedy in one way or another in all honesty, and they all pretty much set themselves up for their own demise
Hifumi and Ishimaru fighting over Alter Ego. Hifumi wanting all of Alter Ego for himself just so he could have a person accept for who he was. Except the fact that Alter Ego is a computer program and cannot love him back. Ishimaru on the other hand pretty much took Mondo's and Chihiro's way too personal, and when Alter Ego showed up he wanted it all for himself like Hifumi. And Celeste took their greed for Alter Ego to her advantage and killed them, except she was also greedy too. Her wanting to live in European Castle with servants dressed up as vampires. And the money Monokuma offered for the graduated was the push she needed to kill someone. So they all had it pretty much coming to them.

Alright, I suppose that's alright then. I misread the statement initially. I'm just really paranoid about spoilers now. In fact, I'm probably just going to duck out.

Who can blame you, why risk getting spoiled that the hamsters were the mastermind all along? The nickname of Four Gods of Destruction was not for nothing

FluxWaveZ

So they all had it pretty much coming to them.

I'm not convinced that the Ultimate Moral Compass had death coming to him like Hifumi or Celeste did. I agree that Hifumi had it coming because he's an absolute idiot for thinking being lead by Celeste in her plot would result in good things, but I'm not convinced that Hifumi would have been lead to murder anyone.

Or maybe he would have been just as naive to Celeste's lies of rape and coercion, so who knows.

I'm not convinced that the Ultimate Moral Compass had death coming to him like Hifumi or Celeste did. I agree that Hifumi had it coming because he's an absolute idiot for thinking being lead by Celeste in her plot would result in good things, but I'm not convinced that Hifumi would have been lead to murder anyone.

Or maybe he would have been just as naive to Celeste's lies of rape and coercion, so who knows.

The title of the Ultimate Moral Compass in that situation, pretty much went out the window when Alter Ego came into the picture. Because he shaken by Mondo's and Chihiro's deaths, there was no semblence of a moral compass really left in him. And when he saw Mondo and Alter Ego Chihiro in the bathhouse and his hair changed completely white, he was just a ticking time bomb ready to go off.

Sorian

Banned
The title of the Ultimate Moral Compass in that situation, pretty much went out the window when Alter Ego came into the picture. Because he shaken by Mondo's and Chihiro's deaths, there was no semblence of a moral compass really left in him. And when he was Mondo and Alter Ego Chihiro, he was just a ticking time bomb ready to go off

He left behind the title of Ultimate Moral Compass to become Ultimate SSJ

Noi

Yeah, even if Celeste didn't intervene, I almost felt like either Hifumi or Ishimaru would have done something stupid anyway. I even thought that Ishimaru was the one boppin' people as Robo Justice before his own corpse was found.

I'm a lil biased tho.

Trigger

(2) Is there some kind of hint in the game on what the videos in Chapter 1 or the secrets in Chapter 2 for each character contain?

None. We just have to guess based on their personalities and backgrounds. I could see Celeste's secret being her true name for example.

I was actually wrong. Sakura actually states she saw her family defeated. Just felt like noting that since I'm replaying the game to hear the japanese voices. I didn't recall this from my first playthrough.

So they all had it pretty much coming to them.

Really don't buy Ishimaru had it coming to him. He only projected his grief onto Alter Ego as a way to get through it. It was pretty much the only thing he knew to do. Yamada could have control his crush over Alter Ego and Celeste is just greedy in general. He was pretty much doomed to fail at that point but hey losing your first real friends and faith in them could easily crack anybody.

And the story barely does anything with Ishida anyway. Who knows, maybe he could have overcome all of this after getting the whole Ishida phase out of his body. Even I admit he was probably the weakest developed character out of everybody in the game.

Sorian

Banned
Really don't buy Ishimaru had it coming to him. He only projected his grief onto Alter Ego as a way to get through it. It was pretty much the only thing he knew to do. Yamada could have control his crush over Alter Ego and Celeste is just greedy in general. He was pretty much doomed to fail at that point but hey losing your first real friends and faith in them could easily crack anybody.

And the story barely does anything with Ishida anyway. Who knows, maybe he could have overcome all of this after getting the whole Ishida phase out of his body. Even I admit he was probably the weakest developed character out of everybody in the game.

Ishida had to be neutralized, Junko would have had no chance against him.

Volcynika

Forgot to screenshot it, but I loved when Kyoko said something like "There is no human language to express the disappointment I feel right now."

The best.

FluxWaveZ

Bahaha, the left comic is actually the very first thing I had thought of when it was made a point that there was a certain common point between all photographs. Celeste was wearing her usual outfit as opposed to everyone else who was wearing similar, traditional high school outfits, so my mind was jumping to: "Celeste is the mastermind."

pariah164

The School Mode events acknowledge Chihiro as a boy, yet the interactions with him... "I-I want to spend a lot of time with you, Makoto..." All while blushing. Haaaa.

Top Bottom