• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

PK Gaming

Those 4koma's are very well made

Short, sweet and just adorable

Usually around this time, i'd scour Tumblr and post any cool DanganRonpa related fanart/comics I found, but... it's way too dangerous

V2wZYJO.jpg

Despair sisters daily life.

So going through my heart breaking part of the game and...

Thanks a lot Makoto for BREAKING EVERYTHING. I guess I can blame him for not listening to Kirigiri's rule and leading Ishimaru to Alter Ego. If he followed directions, then we wouldn't have Ishida and Ishimaru might have survived another day, sure a broken shell of what he was but at least he survived. :E

Oh besides that, shessh, the developers really didn't do anything with Ishida. No free times, he's basically there to die. At least you could have learn something with Junko, Leon and Maizono.

Lusankya

When I played through School Mode and spent time with Junko/Mukuro I realized she isn't actually lying to you but instead kinda tells you about her life as a soldier/mersenary.

Nice touch.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Why did they have to kill Celeste so fast.

Why.

My waifu.

Kusagari

It kind of sucks the best execution in the game, IMO, is the one in the bad ending,

The way Kyoko's usually confident face changes as she gets closer and closer was really well done.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally, I can join this thread after having my mind blown last night finishing the game....even if after thinking it over, I couldn't help but be reminded of Virtue's Last Reward at times.

So first I'll ask this. While browsing, I saw that there was mention of Chihiro's execution, despite the fact it never happened in the game. What was up with that? Do the other characters that lived until the end have their own executions as well?

It kind of sucks the best execution in the game, IMO, is the one in the bad ending,

The way Kyoko's usually confident face changes as she gets closer and closer was really well done.
I got the right choice first & thought to myself "uuuhhh did I get the bad ending people were talking abOH GOD MAKOTO'S GONNA DIE". All honesty, I think that freaked me out the most just because of the fact it took its time and the facial expressions in the characters just knowing that despite not being able to see something that was going to crush them, but hearing it grow closer & closer.

In any case, will have to start on School Mode later this week when I get the chance....just sucks that 999 coins have to be gotten all at once & not over time...

kewlmyc

Finally, I can join this thread after having my mind blown last night finishing the game....even if after thinking it over, I couldn't help but be reminded of Virtue's Last Reward at times.

So first I'll ask this. While browsing, I saw that there was mention of Chihiro's execution, despite the fact it never happened in the game. What was up with that? Do the other characters that lived until the end have their own executions as well?

I got the right choice first & thought to myself "uuuhhh did I get the bad ending people were talking abOH GOD MAKOTO'S GONNA DIE". All honesty, I think that freaked me out the most just because of the fact it took its time and the facial expressions in the characters just knowing that despite not being able to see something that was going to crush them, but hearing it grow closer & closer.

In any case, will have to start on School Mode later this week when I get the chance....just sucks that 999 coins have to be gotten all at once & not over time...

The art book describes what the other character's executions would have been if they ever received execution.

Glad you enjoyed it.

The art book describes what the other character's executions would have been if they ever received execution.

Glad you enjoyed it.

When I was in chapter 3, and I got really upset about this, I accidentally stumbled on what I believe to be an image of Hiro's execution/crime scene. I didn't get a good look so I wasn't sure, but I think this may have been the source. Any way to confirm that or perhaps what the source of that was, or perhaps it was just fanart?

Dude I'm way too stoked for DR2, I insta-bought Phoenix Wright:DD the morning after I beat DR. I hope that by Fall 2014, NISA means September 22. I also saw something that I probably shouldn't have about the cast in DR2:
Is that a fat Byakuya participating in the DR2 life-death game?
If so, *HYPE INTENSIFIES*

Alpha_eX

What the hell OP, pointing out there is a plot twist coming in chapter 2? Even though there are no details, now I'll be aware a twist is coming.

Ugh.

Downloading this tonight.

Noi

What the hell OP, pointing out there is a plot twist coming in chapter 2? Even though there are no details, now I'll be aware a twist is coming.

Ugh.

...This is the spoiler thread. For Spoilers.

RUN YOU FOOL.

Ugh.

Unless you highlighted the spoiler tag... I don't think you've spoiled much for yourself. Every case tries to have a twist, it's in the nature of the game. lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I love the sex jokes. If any NISA guys post on GAF, I just wanted to let you know that.
I laughed so hard in Chapter 5 when Toko was talking about the body being wet & then her mind went to "mouth down south". Also, the line about a water bottle. I laughed harder than I should have.

So should I first try to up my relationship with Celeste since she has a skill where I earn more coins after a trial (10%, was it?) in School Mode or just replay one of the sections over & over to get 999 coins first?

LiK

I laughed so hard in Chapter 5 when Toko was talking about the body being wet & then her mind went to "mouth down south". Also, the line about a water bottle. I laughed harder than I should have.

So should I first try to up my relationship with Celeste since she has a skill where I earn more coins after a trial (10%, was it?) in School Mode or just replay one of the sections over & over to get 999 coins first?

Man, I made such a mistake replaying for the Report Card skill. Didn't know School Mode allowed that until I only had two characters left to max out. The amount of time I wasted skipping to Free Mode in the story kinda made me feel like an idiot lol

You should grind for 999 Coins in Trials.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, I made such a mistake replaying for the Report Card skill. Didn't know School Mode allowed that until I only had two characters left to max out. The amount of time I wasted skipping to Free Mode in the story kinda made me feel like an idiot lol

Yeah, you just have to talk to Celeste about 3 times & you'll get it. Just got it now.

& perhaps I'll replay Chapter 6 since I can grind for white noise as well. Might as well get that skill from Leon that makes it so bullets travel faster.

Oh yeah, should I wait to use Trip cards after I finish maximizing my relationship with a person?

LiK

Yeah, you just have to talk to Celeste about 3 times & you'll get it. Just got it now.

& perhaps I'll replay Chapter 6 since I can grind for white noise as well. Might as well get that skill from Leon that makes it so bullets travel faster.

I totally maxed out all Report Cards now so I'm gonna try grinding for the white noise too. The only trophies I feel are gonna be annoying to get. If you keep failing and continue does it count?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

That's definitely an option, but keep in mind that you get 200 coins for completing School Mode, and you'll need to complete School Mode several times to get all the endings, so you may simply want to pursue that before replaying trials.

I totally maxed out all Report Cards now so I'm gonna try grinding for the white noise too. The only trophies I feel are gonna be annoying to get. If you keep failing and continue does it count?

I believe there's one Debate section in Chapter 6 where you're net positive in time if you clear all the white noise. You could just farm them in that sequence.

Oh yeah, should I wait to use Trip cards after I finish maximizing my relationship with a person?

If your relationship is maxed, I don't think there's any reason to burn a Trip card on them unless you're dying to see more interaction with them. As long as your relationship is maxed, and not just your Report Card, anyway.

I just got all the girls' undergarments in School Mode. Pixelart panties FTW.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, so relationship & report card status are separate? Didn't know that. Figured maxing out the report card = using a card & then getting that "Trigger Happy Heart" thing. Don't you have to do that in order to get more presents to fill the list?

Hmm, maybe I should focus my first playthrough on just getting the rest of the report cards filled out & leveling people up, THEN deal with maxing out hearts or whatever afterwards.

I believe there's one Debate section in Chapter 6 where you're net positive in time if you clear all the white noise. You could just farm them in that sequence.

I just got all the girls' undergarments in School Mode. Pixelart panties FTW.
Isn't it the part where Monokuma names off all the students when you have to figure out who was "killed" twice? Also WOW, so it was true you get panties in that mode.....now I must play in order to figure out WHY.

Edit: Oh geez, I completely forgot you had to press R to assign the girls to do stuff. No wonder I was having trouble getting supplies. Might as well start over despite doing the first assignment the day it was due.

Volcynika

I did the Ch6 debate where Monokuma asks about who died twice, and then just kept tapping the rear touchpad in general area of white noise while holding down circle to speed it up. Wasn't tooooooooo bad. Also play it on Kind and use the skill that gives you more time to give you an even larger window to work with.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh, so relationship & report card status are separate? Didn't know that. Figured maxing out the report card = using a card & then getting that "Trigger Happy Heart" thing. Don't you have to do that in order to get more presents to fill the list?

Hmm, maybe I should focus my first playthrough on just getting the rest of the report cards filled out & leveling people up, THEN deal with maxing out hearts or whatever afterwards.

Yeah, you should probably focus on leveling and fillout the report cards first. If I had known before starting School Mode, I would have done this approach.

There are two relationship "gauges". One is the Report Card and the other is a heart meter. You can check the heart meter by talking to Monokuma. The Report Card only grows when you spend time and give gifts. The heart meter only grows when you spend Trip Tickets, give good answers, and successfully perform the Trigger Happy Heart.

Keep in mind that there are two consumables that permanently increase stats. Focus on farming items to make these two consumables, fill out your Report Card, and level up your characters on your first playthrough. Ignore Monokuma's requests.

On your second playthrough, you'll have more freedom to pursue relationships. You can max out five relationships per playthrough at most.

I believe you only have to complete the FINAL Monokuma request to "complete" School Mode, but I haven't confirmed this. But you'll need to complete the others to have enough Trip tickets to get five relationships maxed anyway. You must "complete" School Mode to get any of the endings and the 200 coins. To get a specific character's ending, you'll need to have both the Report Card and heart meter maxed and "complete" School Mode.

Also WOW, so it was true you get panties in that mode.....now I must play in order to figure out WHY.

There is no why! They're a reward in and of themselves.

Another couple of tips: On the first playthrough, you may want dedicated Cleaners so that they level up faster. Keep in mind that the searching activities on the far right side consume more HP. And do NOT ignore the Tools on your second playthrough. They effectively increase your productivity and efficiency throughout the entire playthrough, so if you get enough materials for the Monokuma request, focus on getting the Tools until the next request. You do NOT get any additional bonuses/tickets for completing more than one copy of a Monokuma request.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sheesh, the first assignment was pretty damn easy, but now I'm trying to get the parts for the motor and such and it feels like I'm making slow progress. At least I'm finally seeing people leveling up & filling up more of the report card. Though maybe I'll switch over to doing Chapter 6 again for the white noise & getting coins for presents. I try to only talk to people when I've got a B or A ranked present I can give them.

Volcynika

Sheesh, the first assignment was pretty damn easy, but now I'm trying to get the parts for the motor and such and it feels like I'm making slow progress. At least I'm finally seeing people leveling up & filling up more of the report card. Though maybe I'll switch over to doing Chapter 6 again for the white noise & getting coins for presents. I try to only talk to people when I've got a B or A ranked present I can give them.

Trying to make the assignments on the first run is damn near impossible with the low gathering/cleaning levels you deal with. Focus more on report cards and just try to level up people on the first time.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

For the Final Task, I think you need something like 50 Paints, 30 Motors, and a bunch of other things. It takes a while. Once you're level 7 or something, it takes almost an entire playthrough to level up. That's why going for those two consumables are super important.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So basically, I'm gonna have to keep replaying the first two assignments until I'm higher in level. Alright, I'll keep focusing on finishing up the rest of the report cards (getting presents for Genocide Jill is gonna be a pain) for the time being.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So basically, I'm gonna have to keep replaying the first two assignments until I'm higher in level. Alright, I'll keep focusing on finishing up the rest of the report cards (getting presents for Genocide Jill is gonna be a pain) for the time being.

You can just play through to the end... there's no penalty, and you gain XP as long as you perform an activity. In fact, I'd recommend doing it so that you can farm items to get those two consumables for easy level ups.

I don't think you get any bonus for actually completing Monokuma's requests. Those don't carry over, and neither do the Heart Meters.

Volcynika

You can just play through to the end... there's no penalty, and you gain XP as long as you perform an activity. In fact, I'd recommend doing it so that you can farm items to get those two consumables for easy level ups.

I don't think you get any bonus for actually completing Monokuma's requests. Those don't carry over, and neither do the Heart Meters.

Yeah, no bonus for completing requests. It's just:

Complete a request - Get Trip Tickets to use till next request
Complete all requests - Get special ending and ability to see specific character endings for characters you maxed out in report cards (spending time with) and that maxed out in liking you (trip tickets).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ahh, okay, so just play through, leveling up & getting items to transfer over for the next playthough, finishing up report cards along with way. Gotcha. I'll get back to School Mode after dealing with skipping through Chapter 6 & getting the white noise taken care of to get that out of the way.

& looks like I just need to get the escape switch from the capsule machine, then I should have everything in the gallery available for unlock, save for School Mode unlockables. Then I guess it would be wise to wait until I get the 999 coins since it'll take about 800 to unlock the rest of the stuff in Extras.

Levito

Banned
So, not sure if I missed this or if it just wasn't really explained...

How exactly did Junko steal everyone's memories of the two years prior to the actual game?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ahh, okay, so just play through, leveling up & getting items to transfer over for the next playthough, finishing up report cards along with way. Gotcha. I'll get back to School Mode after dealing with skipping through Chapter 6 & getting the white noise taken care of to get that out of the way.

& looks like I just need to get the escape switch from the capsule machine, then I should have everything in the gallery available for unlock, save for School Mode unlockables. Then I guess it would be wise to wait until I get the 999 coins since it'll take about 800 to unlock the rest of the stuff in Extras.

Keep in mind that your items don't carry over. Only your stats and Report Card status do. The consumables I'm talking about permanently increase your stats. They're on the bottom of the list and require some rare mateirals.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, I'll focus on getting the items that level up mining & cleaning, then. Shame there's no progress bar to tell me how close I am to leveling up.

Volcynika

Keep in mind that your items don't carry over. Only your stats and Report Card status do. The consumables I'm talking about permanently increase your stats. They're on the bottom of the list and require some rare mateirals.

Yeah, Cheat Sheet and something Cleaning or whatever. Those will boost your stats. And not sure if mentioned but a School Mode completion with a character ending available nets you 200 Monocoins. Though it is not 200 coins x count of available endings, I wish it was :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speaking of Junko, I assume the fact if she was lying or not about the whole world turning to crap deal is explained in the sequel or someplace else? Seemed like a huge tease considering we never saw what the outside world actually looked like once the gate finally opened.

pariah164

Mother effer. If I lose this last task with four endings available, I'mma flip some tables.

Fifty paints? What the actual fuck?

Volcynika

Mother effer. If I lose this last task with four endings available, I'mma flip some tables.

Fifty paints? What the actual fuck?

Yeah, School Mode is the biggest slog to go through for all that and I understand your reaction to the tasks. I was lucky to even notice the tools to begin with and focused on those when I could on playthroughs after the first.

Speaking of Junko, I assume the fact if she was lying or not about the whole world turning to crap deal is explained in the sequel or someplace else? Seemed like a huge tease considering we never saw that the outside world actually looked like.

We never really see the actual despair world ourselves yet, I assume that's what the side game with Naegi's sister will show us

tumblr_n16p1r2k2w1qmldhio1_1280.jpg

I don't think it'll require knowledge of SDR2 to play, but if it covers what I think it could cover it may or may not have major spoilers for it.

pariah164

Yeah, School Mode is the biggest slog to go through for all that and I understand your reaction to the tasks. I was lucky to even notice the tools to begin with and focused on those when I could on playthroughs after the first.
I have 3 days left and I only have 18 Paints. I'm so incredibly fucked I can't even.

Sigh.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So wait, school mode has it's own endings?

I had no idea this game even had multiple endings.

Well, it has character-specific endings, which are really just resolution dialogue for the relationship you've built up with that character. Don't expect elaborate endings.

There's one "alternate" ending in the main game (sort of a bad end), and then there's the bonus "what if" ending cutscene unlocked by the Escape Button item from the Monokuma Machine.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does the scene just play as soon as you get the Escape Button present, or do you have to go back to a certain section to trigger it?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Does the scene just play as soon as you get the Escape Button present, or do you have to go back to a certain section to trigger it?

You have to unlock it in the gallery. There's a different fanfare when you receive it, and the description of the item lets you know that a Movie has been unlocked.

Top Bottom