• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

pariah164

Mother effer. If I lose this last task with four endings available, I'mma flip some tables.

WELL.

tumblr_m13luvDrvp1qbw0gqo1_500.gif

Fuck that last build. Fuck it in the ear.

Speaking of Junko, I assume the fact if she was lying or not about the whole world turning to crap deal is explained in the sequel or someplace else? Seemed like a huge tease considering we never saw what the outside world actually looked like once the gate finally opened.

Doesn't Genocider Jill mention something about this? Can't remember off the top of my head but I think she was awake when everyone else was asleep.

Noi

I didnt have much of a problem with builds from my second run onward cause I spent most of my first one just making cheat sheets and building people up. Though I did waste a lot of time figuring out how the mode worked, which cut into my report card filling time and ended with me only getting 3 endings on my second run.

Levito

Banned
Well, it has character-specific endings, which are really just resolution dialogue for the relationship you've built up with that character. Don't expect elaborate endings.

You mean the "endings" you get when you completely fill out a character's report card in the main game?

Doesn't Genocider Jill mention something about this? Can't remember off the top of my head but I think she was awake when everyone else was asleep.

She claims that she indeed remembers everything going to hell. Though can you really trust her? :p

pariah164

I didnt have much of a problem with builds from my second run onward cause I spent most of my first one just making cheat sheets and building people up. Though I did waste a lot of time figuring out how the mode worked, which cut into my report card filling time and ended with me only getting 3 endings on my second run.
How? I just.

I want to stop playing the game, I'm so frustrated with this build shit. I cannot make 50 Paints in the time allotted. It is impossible.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You mean the "endings" you get when you completely fill out a character's report card in the main game?

No, they're different. All dialogue related to the Heart Meter and School Mode ending are different from the Report Card dialogue.

Noi

How? I just.

I want to stop playing the game, I'm so frustrated with this build shit. I cannot make 50 Paints in the time allotted. It is impossible.

It's already been said, but getting all the Tools ASAP goes a long way in having surplus materials available no matter what. After you make thr first build, go for the tool that reduces the HP cost of scavenging, make a few mom's milk items to fully heal everyone and make the rest of the tools.

pariah164

It's already been said, but getting all the Tools ASAP goes a lot way in having surplus materials available no matter what. After you make thr first build, go for the tool that reduces the HP cost of scavenging, make a few mom's milk items to fully heal everyone and make the rest of the tools.
Tools? /looks

... I had no idea that was a thing. I thought those were just like temporary power-ups.

PK Gaming

Speaking of Junko, I assume the fact if she was lying or not about the whole world turning to crap deal is explained in the sequel or someplace else? Seemed like a huge tease considering we never saw what the outside world actually looked like once the gate finally opened.
Well, there's a lot of evidence that points to the world being ruined.

• The headmaster turned the school into a shelter
  • If you think back to the DVD interviews, the characters willingly decide to stay in the school which should give us some sort of idea of what the outside is like
  • Genocide Jill's testimony
Even without the sequel, I think we can assume that the Tragedy caused the world's downfall.

Levito

Banned
Gotta say, all in all, I think this is one of the best games I've played in many years. One of those rare occasions where I put off beating it cause I didn't want it to end.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, there's a lot of evidence that points to the world being ruined.

• The headmaster turned the school into a shelter
  • If you think back to the DVD interviews, the characters willingly decide to stay in the school which should give us some sort of idea of what the outside is like
  • Genocide Jill's testimony
Even without the sequel, I think we can assume that the Tragedy caused the world's downfall.
*avatarquote.jpeg* Half the fun of reading this thread is imagining the voices of said characters while looking at posts.

Yeah, I totally believe that it happened at one point, but what I wanna know if it's still happening. Though it seems that spin-off shooter might explain the whole deal. Now to wait & see if NISA will localize that as well, considering the roll they've been on confirming the sequel so quickly.

Alfredo

Do any of the other games/media explain in detail what the tragedy actually is/was? Or is it just like, "Yo, it was pretty awful and here are some bears and the world sucks now. Also, despair or somethin', I dunno."

Like, do they go into the origins of this Monokuma thing that seems to be everywhere? Are they robots or aliens that have taken over the world or something? Manifestations of people's negative feelings? Some cool Twitter trend?

Do any of the other games/media explain in detail what the tragedy actually is/was? Or is it just like, "Yo, it was pretty awful and here are some bears and the world sucks now. Also, despair or somethin', I dunno."

Like, do they go into the origins of this Monokuma thing that seems to be everywhere? Are they robots or aliens that have taken over the world or something? Manifestations of people's negative feelings? Some cool Twitter trend?

Danganronpa Zero (the prequel novel) and Danganronpa 2 (the sequel game) will explain more about this tragedy.

Levito

Banned
So I gotta ask: How many of the popculture references in the localization where actually in the original Japanese release?

I was pretty surprised to hear that the Jason Statham mention by Hina is actually in the original release. So funny.

Also there was a great reference to the original Resident Evil when they were discussing the Bio lab.

pariah164

...The problem is, now that I've done School Mode twice all the way through, failing both times, I feel so disappointed and disgusted with the whole thing I want to stop playing. I'm filled with a feeling of 'what's the point of trying?' It looks like this is going to be yet another game on my Vita that will fall just short of hitting Platinum.

I know, first world problems, cry more, suck less, but it's just so aggravating to fail at something that's, seemingly, so simple.

...The problem is, now that I've done School Mode twice all the way through, failing both times, I feel so disappointed and disgusted with the whole thing I want to stop playing. I'm filled with a feeling of 'what's the point of trying?' It looks like this is going to be yet another game on my Vita that will fall just short of hitting Platinum.

I know, first world problems, cry more, suck less, but it's just so aggravating to fail at something that's, seemingly, so simple.

Request -> tools -> gathering level up items. The requests that take the longest to fulfill should be the first 2. Once you have the tools, you'll be swimming in materials. When you max out tools, just go for the gathering level up items. Even the final request will only take 1 day of gathering, and that's because max items is 99 and paint has a material that requires 2 per paint.

Alfredo

Alright, so Danganronpa is obviously already super popular, and has been for quite some time. So where the hell is this game already? I WANT IT.

fgK6KaA.jpg

Sakura is best girl. No, best CHARACTER.

Noi

Start it up again with your newfound knowledge and do new endings instead of the ones you just tried. You'll feel much better when stuff that used to be hard goes down in no time.

Don't give in to Despair!

pariah164

Start it up again with your newfound knowledge and do new endings instead of the ones you just tried. You'll feel much better when stuff that used to be hard goes down in no time.

Don't give in to Despair!
I guess I won't know till I try.

I'll tackle it after lunch. I think I just need to step away from it for a bit. Thanks.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I failed three times in a row and got nothing out of it because I ignored TOOLs. Nadda. I was in your exact same situation and was off by about 10 Tree Branches.

Trust me. Start up a playthrough. Just get uber prepared by over-leveling. Ignore relationships. Create the Cheat Sheets and Cleaners, and use them on all your characters.

My fourth playthrough, I was swimming in more materials than I knew what to do with and I got five pairs of underwear + 200 coins for my troubles .

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Where are the best places to get Electronic Table, Whistle, & Iron Plate. Those seem to be the materials that I need to get the two leveling up items.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Where are the best places to get Electronic Table, Whistle, & Iron Plate. Those seem to be the materials that I need to get the two leveling up items.

They're in the item list under each location, man. Off-hand I know the Electronic Table can only be gotten in the Computer Lab. Most of the materials for those items are rare, but it's worth it. Just send everyone to those locations to farm those materials.

Really, I'd only go for the Cheat Sheets. Leveling Clean Up is easy enough if you have two dedicated Cleaners. Monokuma also tends to give you those items for free throughout the playthrough, but not as many Cheat Sheets.

Noi

All three of those are the rarest item from one location each (Data center, Gym and Physics Lab respectively). Ideally, you want either the whole group to mine in that one spot or split them male/female in two just so you can realiatically get 2-6 of each (assuming a high scavenging level).

Volcynika

I failed three times in a row and got nothing out of it because I ignored TOOLs. Nadda. I was in your exact same situation and was off by about 10 Tree Branches.

Trust me. Start up a playthrough. Just get uber prepared by over-leveling. Ignore relationships. Create the Cheat Sheets and Cleaners, and use them on all your characters.

My fourth playthrough, I was swimming in more materials than I knew what to do with and I got five pairs of underwear + 200 coins for my troubles .

Yeah the later playthroughs I was able to make each assignment as soon as possible, and if I wasn't, I'd get the needed materials after the first day.

God, how did Toko not die?

Everyone was probably too scared of Jill for whatever silly reason.

I mean yes, she's murdered people before and she's probably not as stable, but she really was one of the more trust worthy people left by then. And she was definitely more helpful in her weird way than some of the surviving cast members.

NotLiquid

It was a nice subversion; a meek girl who everyone is too afraid to touch because she's a deranged serial killer, yet the serial killer can't actually kill anyone due to her picky M.O. being a dead giveaway.

She basically has the most impregnable armor attached to her halfway passed the second chapter.

PK Gaming

I loved Toko!

She was by far the funniest character in the entire game, and her interactions with the other characters in the game were amazing.

Jill was great in small doses. She got on my nerves when stuck around for too long.

I feel that way about all of the survivors (outside of Makoto and Kyoko) haha

Steel

Banned
It was a nice subversion; a meek girl who everyone is too afraid to touch because she's a deranged serial killer, yet the serial killer can't actually kill anyone due to her picky M.O. being a dead giveaway.

She basically has the most impregnable armor attached to her halfway passed the second chapter.

It's funny that she actually did attempt to kill Sakura, though it was out of fear for her life.

I feel that way about all of the survivors (outside of Makoto and Kyoko) haha

I agree on that. Even Makoto especially with how dumb he was at the beginning.

Togami and Toko basically had huge targets on their backs and separated themselves early from the group.

Hagakure was barely paying attention if ever. Aoi was too emotional.

Even Kirigiri since she was always doing her own thing.

Basically everyone had a good chance of getting murdered one way or another due to their own actions. Though I guess expect Chihiro. And Ishimaru, who would want to hurt him

Junko disturbed me more than Jill. It's a new level of insanity.

Definitely the lesser of two evils, but still damn evil. I mean, she killed kids.

Of course a serial killer seems pretty handy to have around in a ruined world, especially if what we know of that shooter spinoff is anything to go by.

Top Bottom