• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Caladrius

Especially when half of them are flat-out terrible people.

It kind of disappointed me since basically all of my favorite characters died. (That is Chihiro, Sakura, Leon [even if he was an ass] and Ishimaru).

The survivors grew on me, at least. Toko, Jill and Aoi in particular. (Though the only sympathy I have for Toko is because of our similar experiences.)

And of course there's always fanfic and alternate continuity. >_>

RetroMG

Finished the main game and started School Life this morning. Really glad I looked at this thread, because I didn't even know tools were a thing.

That ending, though. Holy crap. I got Junko spoiled for me by accident pretty early on, but even so, I was not prepared for how completely insane she was. She might be one of my new favorite villains.

And Aoi lived! Best character is best.

Luigi87

That ending, though. Holy crap. I got Junko spoiled for me by accident pretty early on, but even so, I was not prepared for how completely insane she was. She might be one of my new favorite villains.

Ditto this.
There being a figure of her with Monokuma and her doing the same pose didn't help raise suspicions (before I got flat out spoiled) either.
But damn, that b. be crazy!

Thank you for this, one of my favorite lines.

Kirigiri has her moments, actually, pretty much all the characters do to be honest. It's especially interesting in Kirigiri's case cause she typically comes off as a kuudere, with some tsun tsun tendencies, but she also makes occasional snarky comments.
(Best Waifu)

Oh man this....
06a8Rbs.jpg

MaiPwfO.jpg

UNI1bmw.jpg

maMSm7b.jpg
I loved how they played this up with having her speak like she was in a medieval fantasy game. Also that crown is just the icing on the cake.

FluxWaveZ

Volcynika

What's the name of the track that plays in investigations in the last chapter or so? I want to just google then have it on youtube in separate tab :p

Oh man this....

I loved how they played this up with having her speak like she was in a medieval fantasy game. Also that crown is just the icing on the cake.

Her personality swaps are the best. Her impersonation of Dio from Jojo though is probably my favourite. She even says the line "MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA" or "USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS"

wwy6HLK.png

LiK

Oh man this....

i was worried that was her only other voice and then they just kept coming with more voices, so awesome.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Regarding tools, I'm having a hard time splitting them up, what's the recommended level for Cleaning and Mining per character?

Darn, looks like the translators didn't carry it over to the English version. Was she supposed to sound like a person who's detached from society?

Uh, not entirely sure what you mean by that. I played the game in original Japanese on the PSP, the English translation and NISA's version and NISA's is the strangest version to me. She's just... Dio, which kind of fits actually.

Pretty sure there is one song on the Danganronpa 2 OST that will have every single person who plays it in fits of rage. :p

Is it Usami's Theme? I actually like that song and I'm not entirely sure why. If it isn't post it in spoiler tags if necessary.

Noi

That's barely even a spoiler lol. It only means something to people who already know what it's about.

Still not clicking! It's hard enough enough browse the internet without stumbling into those!
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Thankfully I have oodles of self-control.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I feel like I'll have to do 5 playthroughs for School mode coz I didn't create the boosts for Cleaning and Mining. :(

PK Gaming

Uh, not entirely sure what you mean by that. I played the game in original Japanese on the PSP, the English translation and NISA's version and NISA's is the strangest version to me. She's just... Dio, which kind of fits actually.
Oh, it's just that in the English version it didn't feel like she impersonating Dio (outside of the pose). Both in voice and personality her character felt... flat and zombieish. Someone linked me to the Japanese version, and it sounded completely different.

OST version is missing the screams of "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" uttered by every single player.

Every single death in SDR2 hit me really hard, like, 3x more than some of the ones in DR1 (except for Kirigiri's 'Bad Ending' where I went "No. NO. Not like this..."). But that specific chapters execution, legit made me just have to put the game down for the night and just lie down for a while.

If you haven't played SDR2 don't view this spoiler. This is a BIG SPOILER:
The worst part about all of it, is that Nanami isn't even a real character, within a video game, WITHIN A VIDEO GAME. Fucking Spike-Chunsoft. Why did it have to be this way. All those free-time events with her were so adorable and great as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm...gonna play it safe & not click those since I would like to keep my streak of not having anything in the series spoiled before I figure it out.

& finally, all report card info filled out. I think School Mode would have been much more tolerable if it was cut down a bit. I'm glad it's been long for leveling up & getting the skills/SP, but I can easily understand why some people aren't fond of doing this mode.

Oh yeah, do I have to do ALL the requests in order to get a character's ending, or will just doing one, then completing all the days just be good enough.

Every single death in SDR2 hit me really hard, like, 3x more than some of the ones in DR1 (except for Kirigiri's 'Bad Ending' where I went "No. NO. Not like this..."). But that specific chapters execution, legit made me just have to put the game down for the night and just lie down for a while.

If you haven't played SDR2 don't view this spoiler. This is a BIG SPOILER:
The worst part about all of it, is that Nanami isn't even a real character, within a video game, WITHIN A VIDEO GAME. Fucking Spike-Chunsoft. Why did it have to be this way. All those free-time events with her were so adorable and great as well.

Definitely agree with that. The characters were more developed and it was definitely harder to lose any character. The executions were definitely painful to see as well, a lot more than the first games.

Only a few character's deaths in the first game was really that painful to go through compared to most of them in the second. :[

More SDR2 spoilers:
I think seeing Nanami getting executed is pretty much the same reaction to see if Kirigiri got executed. Basically your most trusted partner ends up dying and there's nothing you could have done. :[

Hey guys, help me out!

So, I've gotten more than 999 coins but never got the trophy - should I not have spent them and let the counter reach 999?

Also, I'm a bit late to the thread - did anybody mention how Junko incapacitated everybody and erased their memories?

Noi

Hey guys, help me out!

So, I've gotten more than 999 coins but never got the trophy - should I not have spent them and let the counter reach 999?

Also, I'm a bit late to the thread - did anybody mention how Junko incapacitated everybody and erased their memories?

The counter has to reach 999 to get the trophy, it's not cumulative.

LX_Theo

Banned
Hey guys, help me out!

Uhh... Despair maybe?

Hey guys, help me out!

I believe gets explained in Danganronpa Zero, the prequel light novel.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dang, how many Trip Tickets does it take to fully max out a relationship? I must have spent 5 already on Sayaka already & not even 1/2 full according to Monokuma.

Top Bottom