• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Dang, how many Trip Tickets does it take to fully max out a relationship? I must have spent 5 already on Sayaka already & not even 1/2 full according to Monokuma.

Monokuma mentions it himself, but you need to choose the right and specific option where they respond with "____ had a really great time" or something. They even have a specific reaction depending on if you get +1 heart, + 1/2 a heart, +0, or -1 heart. If you're going for the Platinum you really do need to try multiple times, and reload saves to try and figure out where and what you need to do to get the +1 heart every single time. On my second try I only managed to get Kirigiri (cause waifu), Maizono and Junko/Mukuro because I'm a moron and forgot you could save and reload saves at will now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Based on some research, it seems certain places help as well, like Sayaka with the Music Room. Anyone able to confirm this?

Edit: So "pretty good time" = 1/2 heart, "really good time" = 1 heart?

Noi

Based on some research, it seems certain places help as well, like Sayaka with the Music Room. Anyone able to confirm this?

Personally, I've found that every room has a good option, it's just that some are easier to figure out than others (like taking Celeste to the Rec room). I made a post a while back with all the "Good time" findings I'd come up with so far, lemme look for it.

Edit: Right over here.

LX_Theo

Banned
Personally, I've found that every room has a good option, it's just that some are easier to figure out than others (like taking Celeste to the Rec room). I made a post a while back with all the "Good time" findings I'd come up with so far, lemme look for it.
It seems like all rooms have a good option, but I think I've notice that not all of them have great options.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I found a good one for Sayaka, as the Dining Hall & "Do you want a drink?" gets me +1 heart.

WOAH, Trigger Happy Heart event? But I only have 8/10. Weird.

Noi

It seems like all rooms have a good option, but I think I've notice that not all of them have great options.

who knows! There's different sets of dialogue you can get per room so it'd be kinda awful to have to reload every time for one particular set of choices. Even doing what I've done I've managed to max a relationship in ~10 tickets if I don't fail the THH terribly like I've done by accident sometimes. @_@ Really don't wanna go through the hassle of having to test by choice AND locations.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uhhh, what? I could have sworn I made the very first back-up. Why did I get the ending that states I made none & not letting me talk to Sayaka despite maxing the relationship.

Oh well, least I finished my first run/ending & got myself a bit more prepared, especially after getting my characters leveled up to 4 &/or 5.

Finished reading book 1 of DR Zero and..

Damn, Junko is ridiculous. She has super speed like someone from a shounen manga and she is strong enough to easily snap a person's neck with one hand. She probably could have killed everyone with her bare hands in DR.

hao chi

I finished this game earlier today and really enjoyed it, but I was actually a bit let down by the ending. I was hoping there'd be more to Junko's reasoning for starting the killing game than just having some obsession with despair that isn't explained other than it being with her from birth. Also, maybe DanganRonpa 2 will go into detail about this, in which case this point would be moot, but I also didn't like how a major plot detail is that everyone had their memories altered, but they didn't go into any detail how a fashionista managed that, though I'm guessing based on the last scene with Monokuma she wasn't working alone?

Also, while not a major gripe or anything, but it was getting a bit tiring during the last trial with how much they kept beating you over the head with the hope vs despair issue. I know that's the theme of the game, but they seemed to go a bit overboard with it.

I was also hoping they'd mention what The Tragedy is, but I could see that being mentioned in DanganRonpa 2, so that's not really a big deal.

With all that being said though, I highly enjoyed the game, including the ending. I'll definitely be pre-ordering the sequel.

On an unrelated note, I thought it was kinda funny how after Kyoko calls Makoto the Ultimate Hope, the game updates his ultimate ability on his report card to the Ultimate Despair. :p

Uhhh, what? I could have sworn I made the very first back-up. Why did I get the ending that states I made none & not letting me talk to Sayaka despite maxing the relationship.

Oh well, least I finished my first run/ending & got myself a bit more prepared, especially after getting my characters leveled up to 4 &/or 5.

I assume you're talking about School Mode? The first run seriously should just be all free-time event catch-up/completing the report cards, in addition to leveling the characters to a good level. When I started my second run all my characters were at least above level 4-5 across the board, and I was able to do everything except for one objective because I fucked something up. Also I believe you need to get the "True Ending" to see the character specific endings. To get the True Ending you need to complete the last objective. The criteria is insane (50 paints holy crap), but trust me. It's WORTH IT and you'll know why when you get to it.

Also it's a year old, but I never realized that Project Zetsubou translated those character specific Valentines Day tweets from 2013's Valentines Day I was too lazy back then to try and figure them out myself. Some of them are great as well. Koizumi's is full of tsun tsun, Kirigiri doing a very bad job at hiding her emotions. Nanami's is my favourite though, where she just oversleeps.

http://danganronpa.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/happy-valentines-day/#more-604

LiK

wait, so Zero is just novels? So I guess reading the fan translations should be fine? Thought it was another game.

Moonlight

Banned
Finally able to check this thread out. I jumped straight into School Mode as soon as I finished up the main game. I finished up all the report cards I had missing on my first run, and for my second, finally starting to get some use out of those Trip Cards. I really only had one goal in mind on my second run, which was to woo the fuck out of Aoi, but when I got that done, I sort of had a... lot of time on my hands. And so I figured I'd max out Kyoko and Chihiro's affection bars, since they were also some of my favourite characters. But I still had some time after that. My first thought was to hit up Toko, since she was really one of the big stand-outs of the game to me, but then I saw Junko/Mukuro/Junkuro standing right beside me in the starting zone.

And I figured, "why not?"

Mukuro has, entirely by accident, turned into my favourite Dangan Ronpa character.

It's made me retroactively hate the real Junko even more (I didn't even know if that was possible) for taking this away from me.

Although in fairness I now totally understand what she meant when she said that Mukuro wouldn't be able to act her role out of a bag.

But behold, the secret best character in the game:

12627744805_e77c5cf1ef_c.jpg
12627748305_14c9184cc3_c.jpg

12627953533_6ed09b772a_c.jpg
12627829315_bc9e949015_c.jpg

12628366104_b4388f5bc1_c.jpg
12628102683_3a2559a3bf_c.jpg

12627977775_9857eb90ff_c.jpg
12627979385_055c36dbae_c.jpg

12628378573_3b52fc6c27_c.jpg
12628253385_cc18e4a4be_c.jpg

;_;

Why canon.

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished the game and had a good time but I felt like I figured out everything pretty early on. Also am I the only one that couldn't unhear Chie all the time? One of Junko's voices at the end was absolutely just evil Chie. Which was actually totally fine with me.

FluxWaveZ

I haven't event touched this School Mode stuff people are talking about and I barely know anything about it. I should try it out sooner or later... anything to make the excruciating wait for DR2 feel shorter.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder if DanganRonpa 2's villain is wackier than Junko.

Junko is... Whacked... Specifically whacked personality (queen, cutiepie, rockstar, detached model, monokuma).

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if DanganRonpa 2's villain is wackier than Junko.

Junko is... Whacked... Specifically whacked personality (queen, cutiepie, rockstar, detached model, monokuma).

I wonder if they'll even be part of the Ultimate Despair or if it'll be another thing. In any case, I can't imagine they'll be another villain specifically obsessed with the sentiment of "despair" and their motives might be more actively malicious compared to Junko's weird fetish.

I don't even know the set-up for DR2, though, so all that is basing it on the sequel being relatively similar to DR1 in structure. I feel that speculating on this stuff can bring about some unwelcome spoilers.

pariah164

Finally got to Day 51 with all builds and 4 classmates at max.

DR2 Spoilers:

Usami. FUCKING USAMI.

Does this make School Mode canon...?! OHMYGOD. I love her already.

PK Gaming

So I was chatting with Erin Fitzgerald on facebook and

Erin Fitzgerald said:
I'm Teacher Junko, Model Junko, and Monokuma Junko, as well as Genocide Jack

Amanda C. Miller is regular Junko, Angry Junko, Queen Junko, Moe Junko, and Sad Junko as well as Toko Fukawa

Feel free to spread it around for peeps who finished the game

Kind of funny how they collectively voice Toko and Junko.

Moonlight

Banned
In all timelines, Mukuro's last thoughts while part of the killing game is "this wasn't supposed to happen".
So I was chatting with Erin Fitzgerald on facebook and

Kind of funny how they collectively voice Toko and Junko.
Woah, I was willing to say Teacher Junko was Erin, but Bored Model Junko is her, too? :O

Flandy

Could someone link me a photo of monokuma with his hand against his head while he smiles? I was about to myself but then I got scared of DR2 spoilers.

Kazerei

Banned
I just beat the game. I'm gonna need awhile to recover from the stupor I'm in.

So what is School Mode like? How long does it take to play through?

PK Gaming

Mukuro, why did you have to be so great? :(

It's extra sad because the game makes her out to be some sort of ultimate villain

"Watch out for the 16th student, Mukuru Ikusaba"
"She ran away from home and joined Fenrir"
"She doesn't have a single scar on her body"
"She's the Ultimate Despair"

;A;

AniHawk

the reactions in the main thread are great.

as far as favorite moments go, i think they're really just two or three, but i like 'em a lot.

1a. 'you are the ultimate hope' - of all the dumb cheesy stupid things that could be said i mean seriously. but god dammit if it doesn't work and if i didn't see it coming. maybe it works because i didn't see it coming? i don't know. but i like how it portrays the rest of the game in a different light versus him being the ultimate lucky student... which was just sort of a nonstarter.

1b. truth bulleting hope into everyone - kinda goes hand-in-hand with the above. it worked for me though. given the mechanics, this felt like an appropriate 'final boss'

2. yasuhiro is a god damn moron and doesn't belong in this school - learning yasuhiro's backstory made his inclusion in hope's peak academy so much funnier. he's a dumb guy who gets wrapped up in something waaaaay more than he would have ever expected, and all because of his oopart addiction. i love when he finds out he has been there for two years and freaks out. 'how old am i?!' fucking cracked me up. he really grew on me, from constantly reaching the dumbest conclusions to requesting makoto's organs.

3. alter ego here, back again - danganronpa's pretty good with the whole chekov's gun thing. i knew they wouldn't have had alter ego hook up to the internet just to kill it off. having alter ego save makoto was just great.

Junko... underwear?

Anyway, Fake!Junko has the best animations in the game. A winning smile and a peace sign, what more could I want?

Yeah you get their underwear for clearing their School Mode ending. When I found this out I basically just started guessing what colour their underwear was for all the characters. So far I was right... Kirigiri and Junko/Mukuro have black underwear, which I kinda expected...

Wait... Now I need to know if Chihiro wears female or male underwear...

Caladrius

Yeah you get their underwear for clearing their School Mode ending. When I found this out I basically just started guessing what colour their underwear was for all the characters. So far I was right... Kirigiri and Junko/Mukuro have black underwear, which I kinda expected...

Wait... Now I need to know if Chihiro wears female or male underwear...

Chihiro
wears green peppermint bloomers.

I beat the game last night and then fell asleep out of exhaustion. I mean, I've heard of ending fatigue, but that was ridiculous!

What an ending it was, though. I'll admit that I was a little bit disappointed when Junko was revealed to be the Mastermind, but I warmed up to the idea immediately (and I mean immediately) after she made her debut with dat Dragon Quest reference.

My favourite characters in the game were Hina (which you could probably figure out by looking at my avatar) and Mondo, but for different reasons. I loved Hina because of how much of an optimistic and humanizing presence she had on the game, and kind of freaked out when it looked like she might have been the culprit of Case 4. Her character development post-Case 4 was also great, and I'm really happy she's one of the six who ultimately made it out alive. I liked Mondo because he was probably the most tragic and sympathetic male character in the game (at least in my opinion), which was only exacerbated by what I've played of his Free Time conversations. I also massively respect him for taking his accusation and punishment like a man, instead of freaking out like Leon or just going full-psychopath like Celeste. In truth I see bits of myself in him; not so much the "manly biker gang-leader" parts but more the "frustration at the inability to grow as a person" part.

I think that Celeste's execution is probably the best one overall. I really didn't like it at first, as it seemed rather anticlimactic and underplayed, but then I read an interview with the game's writer and realized that that was the entire point. Celeste was happy to go out in a dramatic, dignified fashion, but it turned out that Monokuma was just screwing with her and instead made her demise more fitting for the true commoner she was. The manga panels that I've seen improve on it too, as her expression remains serene and peaceful until the truck flies at her, at which point she gives the greatest look of "Oh, shi-" I've seen in quite some time.

So yeah. All-around good game. I'll try to articulate my thoughts on it later when I'm not feverish and weary so I don't sound like a raving loon.

FluxWaveZ

It's extra sad because the game makes her out to be some sort of ultimate villain

"Watch out for the 16th student, Mukuru Ikusaba"
"She ran away from home and joined Fenrir"
"She doesn't have a single scar on her body"
"She's the Ultimate Despair"

;A;

I don't know about IF or Zero since I have avoided them for now, but she kinda is a villain.

1a. 'you are the ultimate hope' - of all the dumb cheesy stupid things that could be said i mean seriously. but god dammit if it doesn't work and if i didn't see it coming. maybe it works because i didn't see it coming? i don't know. but i like how it portrays the rest of the game in a different light versus him being the ultimate lucky student... which was just sort of a nonstarter.

Never forget.

It was also one of my favorite scenes, along with Byakuya saying that he's opting out of the game.

Top Bottom