• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not to mention there's very few gifts that Genocide Jill actually likes. I assume the social part was done better in the sequel?

Pretty amazing she survived. I bet people would think she would be executed eventually. Nope.

I think once she was revealed, it was pretty much impossible for her to get executed unless she accidentally murders someone like how half the cast thought they accidentally murdered Sakura.

I think it was more likely that someone was going to kill her (probably Hiro or Aoi) in fear that they wouldn't get killed first by her. Of course I guess that was too obvious too. :E

Or she would have done a lover's suicide with Togami.

kewlmyc

Reposting

nfuImMD.jpg
Fuck you, Junko.

Also Celeste looks better without her fake drills.

DNAbro

The soundtrack for DR1 and DR2 are so godly. DR2 especially. Been studying with them on repeat lately.

Now I just need to actually play DR1 and DR2 lol. Won't be able to play the first one until my spring break.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hope getting the school mode endings are less tedious in the sequel.
Seriously. At the very least, if it was shorter by one or two requests, it wouldn't feel as long. *sigh* & I still gotta do this two more times for all the endings, not to mention I might have to do it another two times to get 999 coins since I only have about 220 at the moment & will have 600-ish when I get all the School Mode endings.

Trigger

Seriously. At the very least, if it was shorter by one or two requests, it wouldn't feel as long. *sigh* & I still gotta do this two more times for all the endings, not to mention I might have to do it another two times to get 999 coins since I only have about 220 at the moment & will have 600-ish when I get all the School Mode endings.

I'd grumble less if there were more original events in school mode at least. Something to ease the grinding.

PK Gaming

DanganRonpa-PSP demo

Have you guys seen this? It's the Japanese demo, and there are a few key differences from the final game. Specifically, Hiro is the victim of the first case (and not Sakuya) and Mukuru is still alive.

Sayaka has a decidedly different presence than Hiro. Pretty interesting if you ask me!

I honestly would've preferred if Hiro died in Chapter 3 instead of Taka. The latter had just undergone some major character development and it seemed like he was killed off like, halfway through his arc, while the latter was rather static and uninteresting character-wise.

Alfredo

I guess I'm on the Hiro Defense Force. Man, all the hate for Hiro makes me sad. I think he's the best male character, both design and character wise (which honestly isn't saying much, 'cause I think all the male characters are pretty lame). He's stupid, yeah, but I think it's funny. I'm glad he survived.

On the reverse, I'm not sure why people are so enamored with Toko/Genocide Jill. I found Toko to be kinda gross (not showering and her willingness to be abused by Byakuya) and her other personality to be annoying (as Makoto puts it, her voice is very grating, no offense to Erin Fitzgerald :p).

Sakura is still Ultimate Waifu, though.

PK Gaming

Hiro dying early and Sakuya surviving...

It feels... I don't know, been there done that. And DanganRonpa is so great because it's not that. Sakuya dying set the tone of the game immediately; anyone can die. Cute, Cool or awesome, it doesn't matter there is a chance you will bite it. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

FluxWaveZ

Uh, I guess this might be a potential spoiler for DR2 or something (I haven't played it, so I don't know), but
is that Einbroch dude's avatar in the OT thread a massive spoiler for something?
I got this feeling when I looked at it, but I'm going to try and stop thinking about it.

I honestly would've preferred if Hiro died in Chapter 3 instead of Taka. The latter had just undergone some major character development and it seemed like he was killed off like, halfway through his arc, while the latter was rather static and uninteresting character-wise.

Yeah, but I guess Spike Chunsoft wanted despair induced tears. Which they got, thankyouverymuch.

Uh, I guess this might be a potential spoiler for DR2 or something (I haven't played it, so I don't know), but
is that Einbroch dude's avatar in the OT thread a massive spoiler for something?
I got this feeling when I looked at it, but I'm going to try and stop thinking about it.

Nah, it's just fan art of humanified Monokuma.

Monokuma never becomes a real boy.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I thought Taka would've been the first to die. Not because I dislike him or anything, but the message it would've sent to have your "moral compass" killed off immediately.

Fuck, think I may have gotten spoiled on DR2. Was searching google to show how good the eyes are art-wise and I get a closeup on someone that may or may not be the mastermind :/

Will do my best to forget before fall comes around, but I probably won't be able to :/

789shadow

Banned
Fuck, think I may have gotten spoiled on DR2. Was searching google to show how good the eyes are art-wise and I get a closeup on someone that may or may not be the mastermind :/

Will do my best to forget before fall comes around, but I probably won't be able to :/
I highly doubt you were actually spoiled.

I thought Taka would've been the first to die. Not because I dislike him or anything, but the message it would've sent to have your "moral compass" killed off immediately.

It might have been if any of the students were actually listening to his rules instead of being pricks pricks.

I think Maizono being the first one off is more meaningful since even your potential romantic interest isn't safe.

Yeah, but I guess Spike Chunsoft wanted despair induced tears. Which they got, thankyouverymuch.

I know how you feel, man. Y'know how Taka acted during Mondo's execution? That was pretty much me.

Taka being killed by the worst character in the game didn't help mend my heart much, either...

CHARACTERS LIKE HIM ARE NOT WELCOME IN A SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT

Squire

Banned
Hiro dying early and Sakuya surviving...

It feels... I don't know, been there done that. And DanganRonpa is so great because it's not that. Sakuya dying set the tone of the game immediately; anyone can die. Cute, Cool or awesome, it doesn't matter there is a chance you will bite it. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Exactly. And like Alfredo says - she's the ultimate waifu. She knows that and she uses it to her advantage to trap Leon. It's not just that anyone can die, but also that no one can really truly be trusted.

I love that stretch of the game. I feel like it just sums up everything they're going for. After chapter 1, I got it.

kewlmyc

Does anyone forgive Maizono for what she did? I can't bring myself to. Hell, in the first case, I blame Maizono more than I do Leon. Maizono and Celeste are the only characters I didn't pity whatsoever, excluding the Despair Twins. I really think Leon wouldn't have killed anyone if not for Maizono attacking him.

Does anyone forgive Maizono for what she did? I can't bring myself to. Hell, in the first case, I blame Maizono more than I do Leon. Maizono and Celeste are the only characters I didn't pity whatsoever, excluding the Despair Twins. I really think Leon wouldn't have killed anyone if not for Maizono attacking him.

You're not alone. I understand why she did it, but understanding and forgiving are teo very different things. I can't imagine what would've happened had Leon just walked away either; there'd have been a willing and capable murderer roaming the halls freely, and no one would've been able to do anything about it.

Puru

No.
And after reading the manga, if this is considered canon then it's even worse.

Clov

While she did try and frame Naegi for murder and all, Leon still definitely is to blame more. He could have walked away, but he took it too far. He had a choice, and he chose. Poorly.

Squire

Banned

I understand her motivation as the game made it loud and clear, but no. I think she had it coming. You reap what you sow, like Kyoko says.

PK Gaming

Not really

She made the conscious decision to murder someone and frame Naegi for it. I mean I get it, in a situation as desperate as hers, I can see plenty of "ordinary" people doing what she did. I don't hate her for it, but she was willing to trade someone's life for her freedom and that definitely makes her a scumbag in my opinion.

Moonlight

Banned
No one involved with it was entirely blameless in the first murder. Sayaka was obviously the instigator, and planned on framing Makoto for it (though her chances of success would probably be zilch given Kyoko's mad style), and for that, I can't say I feel for her (though understand that she must have felt really cornered) but Leon had plenty of chances to stop what he was doing, and he went all the way with it.

I don't think either of them were nearly as malicious as Celeste, though. It wasn't clear by that point that 'graduating' meant they were killing everyone else, unlike with her.

So I just got max rank with Junko in School Mode, do I have to wait until Day 50 to see her ending?
Yep. Feel free to max out other characters now, if you've got the Trip Cards for it. You'll be able to complete all of the ones you've completed at once on Day 51.

Same here.

I mean sure she snapped at the thought of being stuck there since she had things she wanted to do outside, but so do other characters. Mondo got his promise to his brother and he didn't snap for that (just for another reason). Togami had go back out to continue being a prick for his family business.I guess Celeste wanted to live out her Twilight dream too.

Actually thinking about it, most characters didn't really have something that important in the outside world. Man, they should have just settled.

Oh right, yeah, I still blame Maizono. She and Celeste were really the only premeditated murders in the game. The others were out of weakness or being too stupid for following a doomed plan.

Well it is implied that Maizono hesitated and could have killed Leon if her resolve was strong enough, but yeah, not sure how much I sympathize with her compared to the other victims. She's damn manipulative and flat out said she did some less than moral things to get where she was in the idol world. I definitely felt worse for Leon.

Nah I don't really sympathize with Maizono or Celes at all. This is mainly because both of their cases were pre-mediated murders. When I played Danganronpa for the first time, with all the attention they give Maizono in the first chapter I knew she was going to either 1) murder someone or 2) get murdered by someone else. Funnily enough it was actually a bit of both. The whole FTE stuff as well with her saying she may have done some "immoral" things to get into the idol business. Her smile is a smile of deceit and LIES.

I hope so. After Junko, I kind of assume seeing someone with crazy spiral eyes is a massive spoiler.

Man you're gonna love SDR2. Spoilers:
It happens in the first trial of the game. And when it happens it's fucking crazy. The person it happens to is probably one of best characters in the game.

Squire

Banned
So I have one question about SDR2 (I hope I wasn't spoiled ;_;)

It's not the SDR2 spoiler thread, so I'm spoiler tagging it.

I've seen a fair amount of fan art (and one figure) with Nanami and that white/pink female Monokuma or whatever. So, my question is this:

Is Nanami the mastermind in DR2?

LiK

^ Thank you, I don't want to know anything about the sequel so spoiler tag all DR2 shit please. It's only a few months away.

Top Bottom