• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Lusankya

So I have one question about SDR2 (I hope I wasn't spoiled ;_;)

It's not the SDR2 spoiler thread, so I'm spoiler tagging it.

I've seen a fair amount of fan art (and one figure) with Nanami and that white/pink female Monokuma or whatever. So, my question is this:

Is Nanami the mastermind in DR2?

No.

PKrockin

Actually thinking about it, most characters didn't really have something that important in the outside world. Man, they should have just settled.
If you exclude obvious motives like "I want to live in the real world", "I want to see/help my family and friends", and "I want to get the fuck out of here before I'm next", some characters' dreams are only touched on if you hang out with them I think. Asahina wanted to get the gold in the olympics, Sakura wanted to best the one person stronger than her.

Moonlight

Banned
This present trophy is really getting to me. I cannot fathom a single reason why I keep getting repeats despite spending well over the amount of coins it should take to guarantee a non-repeat item. I can spend the 99 coin maximum and still wind up getting repeats nine times out of ten.

Please help. ;_;

So can we get some art up in here or what? Anyone have the class pictures? I'd love to screenshot the art as it appears in the game, but I'm not very quick on the draw and when you buy the art from the Extras menu, it has the X button prompt in the corner. :(
The only character I've had the guts to look up any fan-art for is Celeste. I was reasonably confident she'd be spoiler free since the odds of her featuring in the sequel are, uh, pretty slim.
:(
A few of my favourites:

6938295836wsuv.jpg

69382958283jeh.jpg

693829584dwfj6.jpg

69382958p8jx2.jpg
You may notice a slight theme in her fan-art.

LProtag

Alright, I guess I need to know how badly I was spoiled for DR2. I'm still going to enjoy it, but I'm pissed that I ran across someone openly talking about this.

DR2 SPOILERS
How big of a spoiler is it that I know that the core characters from the original game started a group called the Future Foundation (or something like that)

I'm never looking up anything Dangan Ronpa related again until I've beaten the second game.

NotLiquid

Alright, I guess I need to know how badly I was spoiled for DR2. I'm still going to enjoy it, but I'm pissed that I ran across someone openly talking about this.

DR2 SPOILERS
How big of a spoiler is it that I know that the core characters from the original game started a group called the Future Foundation (or something like that)

I'm never looking up anything Dangan Ronpa related again until I've beaten the second game.

That is a pretty major spoiler depending on how much you know the background and context about the spoiled thing in question.

Decently spoilery but not THE spoiler so if that's all then you don't really have much to worry although it may make your speculation a little biased on some things.

DR2 SPOILERS

DR2 SPOILERS DUH
Depends on how much you think about it. At most you might reconsider what Monokuma and others tells you in the game so just try and forget about it~

tumblr_inline_mp9s91kHMC1qz4rgp.png

Volcynika

This present trophy is really getting to me. I cannot fathom a single reason why I keep getting repeats despite spending well over the amount of coins it should take to guarantee a non-repeat item. I can spend the 99 coin maximum and still wind up getting repeats nine times out of ten.

Please help. ;_;

You're the Ultimate Unlucky Gamer!

Has anyone noticed this pattern of people coming into this thread after having beaten the game, then a few posts later they come back asking how bad they just got spoiled for DR2? hehehehe

Actually, I shouldn't laugh. I could probably be next to fall into some crazy spoiler trap...

LProtag

I wish my brain didn't speculate and run with things because I've already thought out what might be happening. Bleh.

Thankfully I've still enjoyed a bunch of stuff that I've had spoiled for me before.

pariah164

Has anyone noticed this pattern of people coming into this thread after having beaten the game, then a few posts later they come back asking how bad they just got spoiled for DR2? hehehehe

Actually, I shouldn't laugh. I could probably be next to fall into some crazy spoiler trap...
The only way to escape is to stay off the internet.

Well it is pretty easy to get spoiled for SDR2 since it is a sequel and things are still connected between the two games.

I mean, you probably won't get spoiled for everything depending on what you are looking up, so there will still be things left for you to discover.

Of course the internet is out to spoil you on Danganronpa anyway, so might as well not even look up anything anyway.

LProtag

I just need to stop thinking about this damn game, but I have a fascination with looking at how other people react to games I've recently played and seeing what they've said about them.

....what? Haven't seen it in a while so, I don't recall them being similar.

Well I mean you got kids.

You got one crazy guide.

You got kids doing bad things. Sure one is just breaking the rules due to their own greed and the other is murdering other kids but close enough?

Squire

Banned
....what? Haven't seen it in a while so, I don't recall them being similar.

Vaguely similar. Makoto wins his way into the school the same way Charlie wins his way into the factory: pure luck, Monokuma has a really overt, bewildering presence like Willy Wonka, and the characters all have a gimmick just as the kids in CATCF do. The way they meet their end is usually tied to that gimmick.

Vaguely similar. Makoto wins his way into the school the same way Charlie wins his way into the factory: pure luck, Monokuma has a really overt, bewildering presence like Willy Wonka, and the characters all have a gimmick just as the kids in CATCF do. The way they meet their end is usually tied to that gimmick.

Okay, that make a lot more sense. I never would of though in a million years to compare the two to be somewhat similar like that in terms of premise.

Well it is pretty easy to get spoiled for SDR2 since it is a sequel and things are still connected between the two games.

I mean, you probably won't get spoiled for everything depending on what you are looking up, so there will still be things left for you to discover.

Of course the internet is out to spoil you on Danganronpa anyway, so might as well not even look up anything anyway.

I was looking up a gameplay video of SMT: Strange Journey and in the sidebar it recommended one DR2 vid (thankfully, not spoilery) and a vid of Kyoko's bad ending execution.

Imagine if I were looking up something actually related to the game. I'll just keep to my thoughts until the second game is released...

Levito

Banned
Does anyone forgive Maizono for what she did? I can't bring myself to. Hell, in the first case, I blame Maizono more than I do Leon. Maizono and Celeste are the only characters I didn't pity whatsoever, excluding the Despair Twins. I really think Leon wouldn't have killed anyone if not for Maizono attacking him.

Why would anyone forgive her? As Mike from Breaking Bad once said:

"I was being sexist. Trust me, this woman deserves to die as much as any man I've ever known."

PK Gaming

0_o

You're right. Nice catch!

Let it be known that Leon is the most heroic villain in the game for dispatching an obviously psychotic murderer before they could seriously harm anyone rather than just walk away when she barracaded herself in the bathroom.

No more half measures, indeed.

/jk

kewlmyc

Why would anyone forgive her? As Mike from Breaking Bad once said:

"I was being sexist. Trust me, this woman deserves to die as much as any man I've ever known."
You'd be surprised. There are people out there that defend Junko. People seem okay with Mondo as well (including me), and Jack is well liked despite being a serial killer.

Clov

You'd be surprised. There are people out there that defend Junko. People seem okay with Mondo as well (including me), and Jack is well liked despite being a serial killer.

Mondo's probably the most sympathetic killer, though. What he did was still terrible, but at least it wasn't something he planned to do. The whole situation with him and Chihiro is honestly pretty tragic.

LiK

Mondo is great. I felt his motivefor killing Chihiru was a bit weak tho.

Let it be known that Leon is the most heroic villain in the game for dispatching an obviously psychotic murderer before they could seriously harm anyone rather than just walk away when she barracaded herself in the bathroom.

No more half measures, indeed.

/jk

Ehhhh, I'm glad Leon did Maizono in just because the game would have gotten annoying fast with her act that she was running around with.

Maybe if instead they didn't force you to spend basically chapter 1 with her, I wouldn't have mind it so much.

I think what most people don't like about Mondo was that he killed Chihiro. Hell, if he killed anyone else, people could forgive him especially since he was the most remorseful about it. And really it was the most tragic murder out of the game for both parties.

Jack is different since she never actually murders anyone in the game, so I have no real qualms about her being a murderer. Hell, she's better than Toko as a character anyway.

FluxWaveZ

I think what most people don't like about Mondo was that he killed Chihiro. Hell, if he killed anyone else, people could forgive him especially since he was the most remorseful about it. And really it was the most tragic murder out of the game for both parties.

Mondo was a loose cannon. First interaction with Makoto? He throws a punch for nothing and knocks him out.

He got what was coming to him.

Squire

Banned

Even knowing she was behind it to begin with, I honestly hated her on sight in Chapter 6.

Mondo was a loose cannon. First interaction with Makoto? He throws a punch for nothing and knocks him out.

He got what was coming to him.

Yeah, that's how I feel about Maizono. Leon could've stopped, but what can ya do? Guess she picked the wrong one to fuck with.

Yeah, that's how I feel about Maizono. Leon could've stopped, but what can ya do? Guess she picked the wrong one to fuck with.

About that, was there any indication as to why she chose to kill Leon? I mean, if you are gonna kill someone, why go for an athletic guy who can easily fight back instead of someone like Chihiro, Hifumi, or Junko?

(Mukuro!Junko would have totally won that fight, but it's not like Maizono knew who she really was.)

Kirigiri: It adds up perfectly. Sayaka Maizono chose the most vulnerable person she could as a target for murder—a professional athlete who was several times stronger than her.
Leon: Dude! What total BS! That logic is hella whack!

I really don't know why she even picked Leon as her target. I'm sure there are more stupid characters *coughHirocough* that she probably could have easily murder instead.

kewlmyc

Even knowing she was behind it to begin with, I honestly hated her on sight in Chapter 6.
The fact that she just threw away their friendship like that sickens me. Guess she's a good villain in that regard. Would hate Mukuro more if not for "If", but that's not canon and not written by the writers of the main games so whatever.

Does anyone forgive Maizono for what she did? I can't bring myself to. Hell, in the first case, I blame Maizono more than I do Leon. Maizono and Celeste are the only characters I didn't pity whatsoever, excluding the Despair Twins. I really think Leon wouldn't have killed anyone if not for Maizono attacking him.
I can't forgive her for trying to kill Leon and failing miserably. If you're actively planning to murder someone, at least get the job done right. Lost a lot of respect for her because of that.

Good riddance :p My bullshit detector exploded whenever she was on screen.
Ghtks5Y.png

Levito

Banned
You can be sympathetic towards any of the murderers, even Maizono. Antagonists with actual depth tend to have that effect on people, that's why despite Walter White being the most despicable human begin ever--people still rooting for him.

That's why I think some people might forgive Maizono, cause you can be sympathetic towards her--You know what Monokuma(Junko) did to drive most of them to do.

That said, her plan was pretty fucked up and selfish. Actual forgiveness is a stretch.

kewlmyc

About that, was there any indication as to why she chose to kill Leon? I mean, if you are gonna kill someone, why go for an athletic guy who can easily fight back instead of someone like Chihiro, Hifumi, or Junko?

(Mukuro!Junko would have totally won that fight, but it's not like Maizono knew who she really was.)
She needed someone who would be dumb/horny enough to fall for it. The girls are out, she thought Chihiro was a girl, and Hifumi was into 2D. Out of the boys, Mondo is way too strong, Byakuya isn't stupid, and Makoto would have made it way too obvious it was her.

She should have went for Hiro, I agree.

Squire

Banned
I really don't know why she even picked Leon as her target. I'm sure there are more stupid characters *coughHirocough* that she probably could have easily murder instead.

You've got to read in to the way Kyoko is using vulnerable there. Sayaka picked Leon not only because he wouldn't see it coming, but because after the fact no one would even consider for a second that she did it. That's why his strength is relevant.

The fact that she just threw away their friendship like that sickens me. Guess she's a good villain in that regard. Would hate Mukuro more if not for "If", but that's not canon and not written by the writers of the main games so whatever.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. So as a villain, I'd say she's a complete success.

PK Gaming

I don't think many of the students would accept Sayaka's invitation early on. Leon doesn't strike me as someone who's stupid (err, really stupid anyway) so i'm going to assume that he and Sayaka must have interacted during their free time.

You can be sympathetic towards any of the murderers, even Maizono. Antagonists with actual depth tend to have that effect on people, that's why despite Walter White being the most despicable human begin ever--people still rooting for him.

That's why I think some people might forgive Maizono, cause you can be sympathetic towards her--You know what Monokuma(Junko) did to drive most of them to do.

That said, her plan was pretty fucked up and selfish. Actual forgiveness is a stretch.

Walt did nothing wrong

(Sayaka giggle)

I wonder what would happen if Walt were stuck in the killing game with the other 15 students. He'd probably make it to the end, given his supernatural luck.

LX_Theo

Banned
She needed someone who would be dumb/horny enough to fall for it. The girls are out, she thought Chihiro was a girl, and Hifumi was into 2D. Out of the boys, Mondo is way too strong, Byakuya isn't stupid, and Makoto would have made it way too obvious it was her.

She should have went for Hiro, I agree.

Maybe she wasn't quite sure what skills his Ultimate Clairvoyant entailed yet? They had only been in the group for a few days to her knowledge, so she may have just picked the one that she knew the skills of. Picking the known over the unknown and all that.

Top Bottom