• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

RetroMG

How are you guys getting all the gifts? Do you think it is better to load the machine up with money and try to guarantee a new item, or do you brute force the machine one token at a time?

LiK

How are you guys getting all the gifts? Do you think it is better to load the machine up with money and try to guarantee a new item, or do you brute force the machine one token at a time?
i learned it doesn't matter. I put in 88 coins once and had 0.0% repeat meter and STILL got repeats. It's all luck.

But putting in more coins means more chances for the Lucky to happen so you get more gifts to come out.

sub_o

Top 3 waifus:
  • Aoi
  • Chihiro
  • Celeste

Not even sure what's my orientation anymore.

Not sure why I wrote Celeste, it's supposed to be Sakura.

Trigger

I try to reduce the repeat chance below 50%, but it's all luck unfortunately.

I basically brute forced the machine with one coin at a time.

I somehow managed to hit 100% repeat rate after reaching chapter 5.

I almost didn't go crazy.

PK Gaming

vzPLfgV.jpg
UnCDwwv.jpg

Fgz6tbY.jpg
K2KiZbo.jpg

LEFRDX0.jpg
SVdfmED.jpg

o6Ijm2O.jpg
023COAt.jpg

Mvnxlp2.jpg
kzU2CNr.jpg

K2KiZbo.jpg
AQvMkRH.jpg

czaYgpd.jpg
fUqHxKg.jpg

TH5s5YV.jpg
Z9QIcfl.jpg

Seeing him get trounced in a battle of wits against Kyoko was so damn satisfying

Seeing him get trounced in a battle of wits against Kyoko was so damn satisfying

Smug Kyoko is best Kyoko. I may need to change my avatar.

Abso-fucking-lutely. Seeing a hole punched into Byakuya's aura of know-it-allness was satisfying as all hell, and Kyoko rubbing it in was all the better.

Hohohohoho that collection of images is like Christmas
Suck it, Togami. Makoto is average and still danced over your ass. You're lucky your dumb ass fucking with the crime scene in Chapter 2 didn't get everybody killed!

PS Great work Feep! Your work shines in 2 and 4, especially.

What's funny is, even with Kyoko and Byakuya coaching him, there is absolutely nothing average about Makoto's (our) deduction and reasoning skills. Sorta why Byakuya eventually recognizes Makoto isn't an idiot, but after the third trial it's like "...hey guys, the completely average guy solved all three murders so far and lead the class trials. Maybe he's not really average"

Also, I need the still of Kyoko whispering into Makoto's ear for meme abuse reasons.

FluxWaveZ

Makoto is average and still danced over your ass. You're lucky your dumb ass fucking with the crime scene in Chapter 2 didn't get everybody killed!

That's, like, the only time he didn't have the situation under control and it's because he underestimated the value that dumb emotions can have for others. He had everything under control in chapter 2, as well.

If he had chosen to become a blackened, he'd probably have been the most difficult to catch.

That's, like, the only time he didn't have the situation under control and it's because he underestimated the value that dumb emotions can have for others. He had everything under control in chapter 2, as well.

If he had chosen to become a blackened, he'd probably have been the most difficult to catch.

Did he have any other evidence besides his account of seeing Mondo leave the room after Chihiro was killed? Because if not, I'm not trusting his word, especially since he had just admitted to rigging the scene to point towards Jill because he was bored.

Mind you, Mondo would've admitted it, but still. No bueno. That's flimsy!

Him as a blackened would've been hell, though. Oh man.

I'm kind of disappointed that he didn't, that definitely would have been a really fun experience.

Minor DR2 spoilers
hopefully he will do so in the sequel, since he's a main character and all.

FluxWaveZ

Did he have any other evidence besides his account of seeing Mondo leave the room after Chihiro was killed? Because if not, I'm not trusting his word, especially since he had just admitted to rigging the scene to point towards Jill because he was bored.

Mind you, Mondo would've admitted it, but still. No bueno. That's flimsy!

That doesn't matter. He still had it under control because he knew who had committed the crime and he sure as hell wasn't going to let himself get killed if they messed up the trial, so he would have constructed Makoto's arguments for him or any other method to convict Mondo.

From Byakuya's strategy, Mondo would have been chosen with or without anyone's aid. I like characters that know what they're doing.

Maybe i'll replay the ZE series and lament the fact that the third will never be made.

Hmm indeed those would be the closest ones. Maybe try Ever17 or something for PC from the guy that wrote ZE series. Supposedly very similar.

Or Ace Attourney? This is one I'd like to try out but I'm waiting on info if the 3DS port of the original 3 games are localized.

Then there is Corpse Party and the sequel for PSP(Vita). Not quite comparable to ZE/DR but hey, bunch of highschoolers trapped and getting brutally killed with some anime shenanigans thrown in.

789shadow

Banned
Or Ace Attourney? This is one I'd like to try out but I'm waiting on info if the 3DS port of the original 3 games are localized.
No, don't waste your time waiting for that. It's actually a port of the exceedingly poor IOS version. Buy the first 4 and Investigations on the DS where they belong.

I recommend the DS or Wiiware versions. They have the original superior sprites. The 3DS one is using the iOS port sprites from what I've seen.

DS games are hard to come by and man setting my Wii up on my PC monitor would be a hurdle (don't have a TV). I'd rather play em on a portable anyway.

FluxWaveZ

I think the hardest part would be to get him to admit it. His tsuntsun levels will be off the chart.

Nah, like Celeste, he'd probably take the logical and non time-wasting route if all the evidence ended up proving that he was responsible. Different from Celeste, though, I'd envision him having an Ace Attorney style freak out while admitting his guilt.

That doesn't matter. He still had it under control because he knew who had committed the crime and he sure as hell wasn't going to let himself get killed if they messed up the trial, so he would have constructed Makoto's arguments for him or any other method to convict Mondo.

From Byakuya's strategy, Mondo would have been chosen with or without anyone's aid. I like characters that know what they're doing.

I kind of agree, but it's a kangaroo court/trial of public opinion. If he waited too long (in my opinion he did), no argument would sway them, and I don't think he could win a Bullet Time Battle :p

I think the hardest part would be to get him to admit it. His tsuntsun levels will be off the chart.

Honestly? It'd probably be like Leon where he's just in denial the whole time. I don't see him admitting defeat like Celeste and Mondo did, ever. Superiority complex all the way to the chair.

Or like Flux says, he just straight up has an Ace Attorney crazyman freak out while extolling how perfectly crafted his plan was, and how did some hoodie wearing peasant best him

PK Gaming

Re: Byakuya take down

Here's how i'd do it

• He creates ultimate perfect crime and pins it on Makoto hard.
  • There is a serious stalemate
  • However the nature and brutal efficiency of the crime leads people to have trouble believing Makoto did it
  • Byakuya would then mock everyone for not voting for Makoto based on feelings
  • Kyoko explains to Byakuya that he's wrong about how people think and challenges him to really prove Makoto did it, and explain how he's the only one who could do it.
  • Byakuya gets really frustrated and goes into a shit ton of detail
  • Kyoko/Makoto notice a loose string in his argument to yank.

FluxWaveZ

Here's how I'd do it: everyone dies, Byakuya lives.

But this part:

• Kyoko explains to Byakuya that he's wrong about how people think and challenges him to really prove Makoto did it, and explain how he's the only one who could do it.
  • Byakuya gets really frustrated and goes into a shit ton of detail
  • Kyoko/Makoto notice a loose string in his argument to yank.

Sounds like how I'd envision them handling his takedown. The "loose string" could be information that he's not supposed to know (that no one knew before he mentioned it) and that he didn't think of avoiding while he was indulging in the genius of his own plan.

PK Gaming

"The mod called Bish"

"Watch out for him."
Hahaha

Here's how I'd do it: everyone dies, Byakuya lives.

But this part:

Sounds like how I'd envision them handling his takedown. The "loose string" could be information that he's not supposed to know (that no one knew before he mentioned it) and that he didn't think of avoiding while he was indulging in the genius of his own plan.
Yep

I could see something like:
Makoto: (Kyoko said to look for something in his testimony that was never brought up before in this case)

*Nonstop Debate Resets

I dunno, that sort of thing is so overdone in crime fiction (heck, it was even used in chapter 2 of this very game), to the point where it has its own trope now. Plus, Byakuya's waaaaaaay too calculated and meticulous to dig himself into a pitfall like that. It'd be more likely that some third part who was beyond his control became the spanner in his plan, which would also fit with Byakuya's character trait of underestimating the abilities of everyone around him.

Necrovex

God, just finished DanganRonpa after playing it for three and a half hour straight. I had to finish that final chapter. Now I'm free to explore this lovely spoiler thread and prepare myself for DR2.

God, Junko is an ideal waifu. Am I right?!
Hina forever and ever.

I'll be jumping around in school mode and maxing everyone out before I sell this little gem.

RetroMG

Is that from the anime? My interest just increased substantially.

Whose e-Handbook did Mondo use in case 2 to access the girls locker room?

I thought it was his, then he went and broke it in the sauna. I think part of the end of the trail was proving that his was broken.
EDIT: Oh, but he figured that out because his broke in the sauna with Taka, didn't he? I got nothing.
EDIT2: And you said girls locker room. Reading is fundamental.

Is that from the anime? My interest just increased substantially.

Most of the anime budget went towards Junko and Monokuma.

And just a tiny fraction to Ishimaru's FORGET FORGET FORGET BEAMMMMMMMM.

This is the issue and it's why I'm asking. If it was Junko aka "Mukuro", Mondo would have freaked out.

I wonder if Not|Junko's handbook would have shown Mukuro though. Maybe it was already switched cause that's pretty easy to discover accidentally.

So is there a reason why Mukuro even disguised herself? Why did the others even need to think that Junko was a thing/be kept in dark about Mukuro. I'm sure it's explained in chapter 5/6 but it's been a while since I played those.

Caladrius

So is there a reason why Mukuro even disguised herself? Why did the others even need to think that Junko was a thing/be kept in dark about Mukuro. I'm sure it's explained in chapter 5/6 but it's been a while since I played those.

It was to make them think that Junko was already dead. (And naturally beyond suspicion)

Top Bottom