• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

So is there a reason why Mukuro even disguised herself? Why did the others even need to think that Junko was a thing/be kept in dark about Mukuro. I'm sure it's explained in chapter 5/6 but it's been a while since I played those.

I also think that having a Super Duper Solider might have been pretty suspicious.

It was to make them think that Junko was already dead. (And naturally beyond suspicion)

But if Mukuro was introduced as Mukuro they wouldn't even know who Junko was.

I also think that having a Super Duper Solider might have been pretty suspicious.
Probably. Still, any more suspicious than having Bike Gang Leaders and Genociders tho? Also they could just change her ''Soldier'' to anything without her needing to play dressup.

FluxWaveZ

It was to make them think that Junko was already dead. (And naturally beyond suspicion)

Wait... that can't be it. Mukuro had no idea that she was going to be killed off; that wasn't supposed to be part of the plan (according to her dying words).

Probably. Still, any more suspicious than having Bike Gang Leaders and Genociders tho?

Yeah, disguising the fact that she was the Ultimate Soldier doesn't sound right either.

RetroMG

Though to be fair they never even knew Mukuro existed until Kyoko got all Scooby Doo. Maybe Junko was planning on the possibility of Kyoko finding the missing student. She is the ultimate detective, after all.

Yeah, that makes the most sense.

Additional: every time I post I get super paranoid that I'm posting spoilers in the regular thread by accident, even though I've barely been in the regular thread since I finished.

Caladrius

But if Mukuro was introduced as Mukuro they wouldn't even know who Junko was.

They would have discovered Junko's file in the headmaster's office just like they did with Mukuro. If it was already apparent who Mukuro was the suspicion would go straight towards Junko.

Wait... that can't be it. Mukuro had no idea that she was going to be killed off; that wasn't supposed to be part of the plan (according to her dying words).

Fair enough, but the effect of the disguise is still the same. As long as "Junko" was among the students, Mukuro, as the unseen 16th student, would be the prime suspect and would still derail the investigation.

Probably. Still, any more suspicious than having Bike Gang Leaders and Genociders tho?

Well no one knew they had a Genocider until Togami decided that THERE MUST BE ONE! (Would have been funny if there wasn't).

And it could easily be due to Japanese culture where Yazukas are more common than soldiers. It might mostly just so they wouldn't be so suspicious right off the bat.

Maybe Junko just wanted to give them a chance to figure out her and her sister to be suspicious. I mean, she totally would do that just for lulz.

PK Gaming

So is there a reason why Mukuro even disguised herself? Why did the others even need to think that Junko was a thing/be kept in dark about Mukuro. I'm sure it's explained in chapter 5/6 but it's been a while since I played those.

It's because Junko didn't want her "ultimate fashionista" persona to go to waste, (since she had to control the killing game from behind the scenes) so she made her sister do it. Unfortunately, Mukuru failed miserably at being "Junko."

It's because Junko didn't want her "ultimate fashionista" persona to go to waste
Thus she proceeded to kill her on the first days?

Brilliant!

Well no one knew they had a Genocider until Togami decided that THERE MUST BE ONE! (Would have been funny if there wasn't).

And it could easily be due to Japanese culture where Yazukas are more common than soldiers. It might mostly just so they wouldn't be so suspicious right off the bat.
I edited my previous post but they could have just made up a new title for Mukuro.

FluxWaveZ

It's because Junko didn't want her "ultimate fashionista" persona to go to waste, (since she had to control the killing game from behind the scenes) so she made her sister do it. Unfortunately, Mukuru failed miserably at being "Junko."

Oh, right! That's what she explicitly stated, and it's totally something she'd just decide to do. That's why she was disguised.

Brilliant!

Hey man, despair. She didn't seem too into her sister, so the concept of having another Junko running around was probably more appealing than her sis.

PK Gaming

Brilliant!

I edited my previous post but they could have just made up a new title for Mukuro.
She had always planned to kill her, from the very start. I figured she wanted "the Ultimate Fashionista" to be a part of the game, rather than the "Ultimate Soldier" (who she considered to be disgusting)

Or something like that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heh heh, I noticed a small detail in School Mode. When you have Aoi resting, hers is the only female sprite to have...*ahem* mounds forming from the sheets due to her chest (Sakura kind of has a different bed sprite as well). Took a screenshot to show.

2014-02-21-183900_zpsd166c812.jpg

Well, Mukuro kinda sucked at acting. If you fill out her report card, you can kinda see she'd have been found out in no time if Junko hadn't executed her.

It could be like Makoto.

From Lucky Student to Hope is the same thing like from Model to Solider!

We all know this whole Mukuro thing is pretty flawed.

Kazerei

Banned
I just got the platinum trophy, woohoo. I loved it, aside from having to grind through School Life four times. Got boring after the first two runs.

I think I'm gonna play through the story again, it was that good. I didn't even notice that Junko was on the cover of the magazine in the Rec Room. I feel kinda dumb that I completely forgot about the Ultimate Fashionista character. So there's probably a ton of other things I missed.

Ok, literally just beat the game; credits are rolling right now. (Heads up: I'm posting this in the OT too, just spoiler marked, of course)

Even though I knew from the jump that Junko was the mastermind, that shit didn't matter. Both VA's did a spectacular job there; every voice was a great contrast to each other (king voice to complete boredom, etc).

And the reveal happened like...halfway through the trial. Then shit got even realer.

Junko's final plays were some real fucked up maneuvers! The constant information bomb of your memories being gone, your world is destroyed, but I'll let you live here freely...if you execute the pain in my side, all really messed up things.

Junko's...enjoyment of her execution was far more disconcerting than I thought it would be. If she had won, she would've still been unamused. But since she lost, she got exactly what she wanted.

RE: Makoto's new title in the Report Card of Ultimate Despair...to me, I think that still means Ultimate Hope..since hope is true despair to those who despise it, right?

Either way, I'm so glad I stuck with this game. Chapter 1 hit me so hard that it nearly made me swear off the game. I can't wait for the sequel, and I'm happy as a clam it's getting brought our way so quickly!

The fuck? You've been in here this whole time and not beaten the game yet?

The facts are these:
I knew general spoilers on the game (we're talking bare minimums) because Chapter 1 fucked with my head, so it was either that or stop playing it.

Beyond reveals and such, this thread couldn't really do anything to me, since it all needed context. Also, most discussion seemed to move here. Seemed best.

tldr; Puhuhuhuhu

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The facts are these:
I knew general spoilers on the game (we're talking bare minimums) because Chapter 1 fucked with my head, so it was either that or stop playing it.

Beyond reveals and such, this thread couldn't really do anything to me, since it all needed context. Also, most discussion seemed to move here. Seemed best.

tldr; Puhuhuhuhu

Well, I'm glad it worked out, I suppose.

Just finished my playthrough of the main story. Sooooo many props to the localization and dubbing team, it was super great work. Had as much fun replaying it as I had playing it the first time.

Looking forward to seeing what School Mode's all about.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To be fair, it's Japan. One could argue that FPS games aren't as big over there as they are here.

Also woooowww earning coins is so much faster redoing the first trial. Think it took 10-ish minutes to fast forward through everything & got 110 coins. Part of me wants to go through the other trials to see how many I can get.

kewlmyc

Time to earn the "Ultimate Sex Bender" title

I find it hilarious and highly suggestive that you earn panties and underwear for reaching rank 10 with the characters.

Kyoko, Celeste, Sayaka, Aoi, and Junko (Mukuro) are completed. I'll do the boys next runthrough.

I find it hilarious and highly suggestive that you earn panties and underwear for reaching rank 10 with the characters.

Kyoko, Celeste, Sayaka, Aoi, and Junko (Mukuro) are completed. I'll do the boys next runthrough.

Nothing shows you how much I trust you than by giving you one of my underwear.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
THERE, I GOT ALL THE SCHOOL MODE CHARACTER ENDINGS.

Now to NEVER touch it again. Uuuuggghhhh. I'll redo the first trial two more times for the 999 coins, unlock the gallery stuff, then deal with earning the rest of the presents for the platinum trophy.

So how are the gameplay mechanics for 2? Are they like 1? What's different?
Someone who's played 2 will have to go into more detail, but there's a few more mechanics thrown in. I recall someone made a post that mentions all of the stuff that was changed in the sequel.

Edit: Here we go.

Various new gameplay elements have been added to the Class Trial. Rebuttal Showdowns take place when a student attempts to refute the player's logic. In these sections, players must slash apart their opponent's argument to gain dominance in the conversation and reveal new information, before using a "Truth Sword" to strike through the correct weak point when it appears. Logical Dive is a snowboarding minigame, in which players steer down a logical tube whilst avoiding pitfalls, occasionally requiring to choose between multiple routes based on a question given, in order to arrive at a logical conclusion. Finally, Spot Select requires players to examine an image and indicate an important spot.

GSR

There's also some changes to existing mechanics. Nonstop Debates now have "blue weak points" that you can back up with evidence rather than contradict; Hangman's Gambit now involves picking up letters and combining them with the same ones while stopping mismatched letters from colliding; Bullet Time Battles are reworked into a similar concept called "Panic Talk Attack" with somewhat better controls and setup, and with firing an evidence bullet replaced by matching together a key phrase; Closing Argument now has larger possible panels, goes in stages, and has text hints for the gaps and panels to let you match them that way.

Top Bottom