• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Labrys

that is called a fundoshi, it's a type of traditional underwear for training/festivals, that kind of stuff

it'd only be expected she'd wear one. not any more shocking than any of the other characters underwear.

that is called a fundoshi, it's a type of traditional underwear for training/festivals, that kind of stuff

it'd only be expected she'd wear one. not any more shocking than any of the other characters underwear.

Yeah, none of the underwear the characters give you are really anything out of what you expect them to wear.

Which is both a good and a bad thing.

LiK

Why yes sakura, I would be honored to watch you defeat kenshiro and --

Raisins_Face.jpg

wait til you see Hifune's undies.....i never asked for this.

joe2187

Banned

My first School mode ending and out of nowhere Sakura throws her underwear in my face. It was a little jarring.

Labrys

My first School mode ending and out of nowhere Sakura throws her underwear in my face. It was a little jarring.

oh! i had assumed you'd done another ending.

yeah, starting with sdr2 the present you get for getting endings is the character's underwear. expect to collect 15 other pairs this fall!

I GOT IT!

This completely explains why Makoto's eye level is always at people's crotches.

He's always been eyeing at their underwear and now once you finally gained their trust, they'll give you what you always been wanting.

Houk

NISA
I also want to add that Hagakure is Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

It's kind of funny - I never really thought about him that way when I was editing the game, or casting the role. But as soon as the actor stepped into the booth, I was like...oh, yeah, he's totally Shaggy. The actor slid into that type of attitude with literally zero prompting from us, it was pretty funny.

LiK

I GOT IT!

This completely explains why Makoto's eye level is always at people's crotches.

He's always been eyeing at their underwear and now once you finally gained their trust, they'll give you what you always been wanting.

it's pretty funny that any female upskirt shots in the game are hidden in shadows but now we get their damn undies as presents, lol

Just finished. Going to dig through the threads tomorrow to see how to tackle School Mode.

Where does one go from here? Translated light novels? Just wait for the sequel? I'm too paranoid to Google stuff.

Labrys

Just finished. Going to dig through the threads tomorrow to see how to tackle School Mode.

Where does one go from here? Translated light novels? Just wait for the sequel? I'm too paranoid to Google stuff.

if i recall correctly only 1 of the novels is translated, so i'd lay off. you can wait for the sequel, or if you're really antsy to play it, there is a translated let's play of it.

otherwise you can sit and wait for fall while reminiscing about the first game

Moonlight

Banned
Just don't look up Dangan Ronpa stuff on YouTube because YouTube thinks that definitely means you want to see DR2 Let's Plays and the fun thumbnail spoilers that come with the package.

-_-

Labrys

Just don't look up Dangan Ronpa stuff on YouTube because YouTube thinks that definitely means you want to see DR2 Let's Plays and the fun thumbnail spoilers that come with the package.

-_-

yeaaaah people think it's smart to have the murder reveal as a thumbnail for whatever reason

PK Gaming

-_-

I ran into the same exact problem.

I think... I think I need to make a new youtube account. The video feed system is seriously wack.

yeaaaah people think it's smart to have the murder reveal as a thumbnail for whatever reason

I love how one video on YouTube that contains all murders and executions essentially spoils one later chapter execution pretty much off the bat, and it's pretty obvious which person was executed. I like how the opening does contain a spoiler to one of the executions. But considering how it's shown, it doesn't spoil it at all really, unless you understood the context of it.

GSR

It's more click-worthy, I guess. Back when AA5 came out in Japan there were tons of videos of all the big spoiler moments, with super-spoiler thumbnails where possible. Bit of a jimmy-rustler.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
it's pretty funny that any female upskirt shots in the game are hidden in shadows but now we get their damn undies as presents, lol
Yeah, that is rather odd. Maybe they figured since it's not actually ON them, it's okay, especially since they're 8-bit...but still, save for 3 moments (two of which was censored & the other wasn't even meant to be sexy considering it was on Sakura), I don't get where Kotaku thinks there was an "upskirt fixation".

....soooo does this weird gift tradition continue with the sequel's Island Mode or whatever School Mode is called in DR2?

Edit: 100 coins later, finally got the escape switch! Let's see what the video is!! *watches it* ................well that was lackluster. Oh well, about 10-ish more presents to get & then I'll have platinumed the game.

Yeah, that is rather odd. Maybe they figured since it's not actually ON them, it's okay, especially since they're 8-bit...but still, save for 3 moments (two of which was censored & the other wasn't even meant to be sexy considering it was on Sakura), I don't get where Kotaku thinks there was an "upskirt fixation".

....soooo does this weird gift tradition continue with the sequel's Island Mode or whatever School Mode is called in DR2?

Edit: 100 coins later, finally got the escape switch! Let's see what the video is!! *watches it* ................well that was lackluster. Oh well, about 10-ish more presents to get & then I'll have platinumed the game.

Yes, look forward to another set of underwear from Island Mode in SDR2.

Starting School Mode... this is not what I expected :lol

I want to get the platinum but I'm not sure I have the patience for this.

Edit: Well, maybe. Finishing the report cards at least keeps some new story stuff there as a motivator.

Cross-post of sorts,but I checked out the manga. I approve of how each chapter is told from the POV of the characters most directly involved, rather than Makoto, but the pacing / condensing prevents it from being anything other than a weak tie-in. It's probably much like the anime in that you need to have played the game to appreciate it to any real extent.

Unsurprisingly, Celeste is still the best character.

And Jill is as moe as pink fluffy scissors.

Flandy

I don't know if I could do all the trials again to get the platinum lol :( Do you have to do the entire chapter or can you skip to that part?

DNAbro

Cross-post of sorts,but I checked out the manga. I approve of how each chapter is told from the POV of the characters most directly involved, rather than Makoto, but the pacing / condensing prevents it from being anything other than a weak tie-in. It's probably much like the anime in that you need to have played the game to appreciate it to any real extent.

Unsurprisingly, Celeste is still the best character.

And Jill is as moe as pink fluffy scissors.

Confession.

Only watched the anime and haven't played the game yet(going to be able to play it next week). I don't fully get why people hate the anime so much, i guess compared to game it's shitty but i loved the hell out of it. Don't plan on watching the likely second season since the second game is already confirmed to come over.

FluxWaveZ

Only watched the anime and haven't played the game yet(going to be able to play it next week). I don't fully get why people hate the anime so much, i guess compared to game it's shitty but i loved the hell out of it.

I haven't watched the anime yet, but the issue is probably the bolded. By watching the anime first before playing the game, the whole experience of the game might be tarnished from the outset.

I know watching the Persona 4 anime before playing the game would have sucked.

Levito

Banned
Is there a good guide for getting all the ""character endings" in the game?

I'm still confused how you even get a character ending...

DNAbro

I haven't watched the anime yet, but the issue is probably the bolded. By watching the anime first before playing the game, the whole experience of the game might be tarnished from the outset.

I know watching the Persona 4 anime before playing the game would have sucked.

It was still really enjoyable yet I do regret it. It was fun/frustrating waiting each week to see who would die and who the murder was. I tried to "play along" and figure out what happened in the murders. Only one I got 100% correct was Celeste lol.

Would have loved to play it first of course. My brother was the one who convinced me to watch it since he fell in love with series with the SA LP of it.

And yeah I'm glad I didn't watch the P4 anime first, would have ruined some amazing parts.

LAA

Just platinumed the game a few minutes ago :D
It doesn't quite compare to VLR (or outmatch) like I was hoping it might have done, however I think its a good game in its own right.

As I was going through school mode, I noticed this gem and I haven't seen it appear since (3x playthroughs), ha ha, so I wonder whether its appearance its rare or not, but I thought this was AWESOME, and was compelled to upload it, ha ha, espicially as I'm an Attack on Titan fan, ha ha.
38FpFOx.jpg

Yay, Platinum get!

God that's such a great pose. I believe the giant figure that's $80+ is of that pose as well. I'm actually thinking of ordering the Enoshima mastermind, Kirigiri and Nanami figures... All of which are like $80-90 each.

I think I'm gonna go for the Platinum as well. I rarely go for platinum trophies unless I REALLY like the game (I did Call of Duty World of War's platinum because the single-player was a fucking nightmare, and I did LA Noire's cause I felt obligated to milk that game for all it's worth).

Also Danganronpa Character Image Songs when. I refuse to believe that they got Hikasa Yoko and Chiwa Saitou as two of their lead female seiyuus and not have them sing somewhere for no reason

God that's such a great pose. I believe the giant figure that's $80+ is of that pose as well. I'm actually thinking of ordering the Enoshima mastermind, Kirigiri and Nanami figures... All of which are like $80-90 each.

Also Danganronpa Character Image Songs when. I refuse to believe that they got Hikasa Yoko and Chiwa Saitou as two of their lead female seiyuus and not have them sing somewhere for no reason

Yeah, the figures are 80-90 dollars or so. I just preordered the Kirigiri one this morning, so looking forward to getting that one. There's a second Nanami figure I wouldn't mind getting either.

I also got the Monokuma and Makoto Nendoroids as well as well as the trading figures for the cast. My obsession knows no bounds.

I think the only character that got any sort of character songs is Makoto's but that's not really because of Makoto but his seiyuu sung the OP for the anime so I guess that doesn't even count. :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Congrats!

That piece of artwork for Junko is hella cool. I might make it my phone background.

I fucking love this mastermind pose.

Seems like everyone's going for the Platinum. Haven't even started School Mode myself, yet. Guess I'll try going for the plat too, before DR2 is out.

Thanks! I love the artwork too, so I chose it for my final unlock. This figure appears to be loosely based on it.

Which also incidentally spoiled the Junko reveal for me. :(

The Platinum's super easy. It just requires time and planning.

Top Bottom