• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Real quick School Mode question: How do I 'trigger' Genocide Jill's appearance? Does it happen at a set day, or do I just keep talking to Toko after I've maxed out her half of the report card?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Real quick School Mode question: How do I 'trigger' Genocide Jill's appearance? Does it happen at a set day, or do I just keep talking to Toko after I've maxed out her half of the report card?

You just keep talking to her and eventually she'll only appear as Genocide Jill.

Yeah, the figures are 80-90 dollars or so. I just preordered the Kirigiri one this morning, so looking forward to getting that one. There's a second Nanami figure I wouldn't mind getting either.

I also got the Monokuma and Makoto Nendoroids as well as well as the trading figures for the cast. My obsession knows no bounds.

I think the only character that got any sort of character songs is Makoto's but that's not really because of Makoto but his seiyuu sung the OP for the anime so I guess that doesn't even count. :p

I want the Monokuma one.
And at some point the Usami one too, so I can have them together on my shelf.

Lusankya

Yeah, the figures are 80-90 dollars or so. I just preordered the Kirigiri one this morning, so looking forward to getting that one. There's a second Nanami figure I wouldn't mind getting either.

Which Kirigiri figurine did you order?

This one?

TL300815525.jpg

I want the Monokuma one.
And at some point the Usami one too, so I can have them together on my shelf.

I know the Usami one came out a while back so it might be hard to find.

It might get a reissue though since a bunch of SDR2 figures are coming out this upcoming or next year.

This one?

Yep that one.

I need that Junko statue.

Like, it's a problem.

Well AmiAmi has it for the low low cost of 11,220 yen.

Labrys

i've stopped collecting figures no no no don't tempt me you vile tempters

i need to save my money at least there isn't one of the most important char--

tumblr_mwu0clpWdm1r2en1ko2_500.jpg

N-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Those Junko and Kirigiri figures look ace. I might actually have to...

Oh.

Also: anyone have advice on how many coins you should be putting into the MonoMono machine? I'm at 86% repeat chance now and I'd rather not keep spamming 99 coins.

Kirigiri's cheaper since she's smaller. I was thinking of picking her up.

I got all the presents and never once spent more than 1 coin at a time. It didn't really take that long, actually. I'd wait to use multiple coins until you get above 90% personally.

i've stopped collecting figures no no no don't tempt me you vile tempters

i need to save my money at least there isn't one of the most important char--

tumblr_mwu0clpWdm1r2en1ko2_500.jpg

N-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Luckily there's no Ishimaru figure yet so I won't be tossing money all over the place to get my hands on it. Yet. (I hope)

Those Junko and Kirigiri figures look ace. I might actually have to...

Oh.

Also: anyone have advice on how many coins you should be putting into the MonoMono machine? I'm at 86% repeat chance now and I'd rather not keep spamming 99 coins.

Kirigiri's only about 8620 yen.

The nendos for Monokuma and Makoto are only about 3000 yen or so depending on where you find them.

Just keep tossing one coin into it. You'll get all the presents in the end, somehow.

Clov

What I really need is a Chihiro figure. There's some small, chibi trading figures of him, but not a full PVC one. So far the only merchandise I have of the little programmer is a microfiber cloth.

Moonlight

Banned
Right. Guess I'll finish farming another hundred coins from this trial before getting back to it.

Also, I checked around for an Aoi or Mukuro figure and came up short. Would have no trouble turning my wallet inside out for them!

It actually doesn't look too bad, some things like collecting all the coins sounds annoying though.
You get 200 coins for every run at School Mode and you'll have to run through it at least three times to nab all the character endings, getting the trophy isn't much of a hassle. Just don't spend any of them till you cap out.

Kazerei

Banned
Is there a good guide for getting all the ""character endings" in the game?

I'm still confused how you even get a character ending...

When you talk to a character in School Mode, there are two options: spend time together, and use a Trip Ticket. Spending time together increases their friendship level, which goes towards unlocking pages of their report card. Using a Trip Ticket increases their heart level (if you answer correctly), which goes towards viewing their character ending.

The friendship level is shared with Story mode, so you can also increase it by replaying chapters. Give them presents they like and answer the multiple choice questions correctly to increase friendship level and max report cards as fast as possible. There's a good table of who likes which presents here.
http://ouendanl.tumblr.com/post/35460955577/parbles-dangan-ronpa-present-table-x-is-bad

Now before you can view any character ending in School mode, you have to max out ALL the report cards. So even if you maxed Sayaka's report card, for example, you won't be able to view her ending until you max ALL the report cards.

When you use a Trip Ticket, you pick a place to go and then get a multiple choice question. You may also get a Trigger Happy Heart event, it happens randomly. I *think* you need to view this event to view the character ending, but I'm not sure. I haven't found an English guide to which answers are best, but you can figure it out from Japanese wikis and Google translate. You can talk to Monokuma to see everyone's heart level.
http://danganronpa.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/お出かけ

On the 51st day, you will be able to talk to characters at max heart level and view their ending.

So is there a guide or something for the school mode? Still only at chapter 3 but I'd rather do the post game mode with as little frustration as possible.

how big is her box, though?

1364372760813.gif

And thanks for all those links to figures guys. I was moreso...lamenting my incredible want of it but inability to purchase due to my living situation currently. Alas, it shall have to wait (but at least I know good places to look now. Thanks!)

This one?

Man dat Kirigiri. The Nanami one is alright, but the Enoshima and Kirigiri ones look really well done. Thing is I think all three are from different companies/makers as well.

FIGURE-004527.jpg

So far of the top 5 most popular characters in a poll done a while back in Japan, only Kirigiri, Nanami and Komaeda have the larger figures. The actual main protagonists, Naegi and Hinata, don't have any larger ones. Naegi does have a neno though that came out a month or two ago.

kewlmyc

Thanks! I love the artwork too, so I chose it for my final unlock. This figure appears to be loosely based on it.

Which also incidentally spoiled the Junko reveal for me. :(

The Platinum's super easy. It just requires time and planning.

Have this fig, it's pretty great.

kewlmyc

SPOILERS

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YOU DIPSHIT

THAT FIGURINE IS SPOILERS

....no it isn't. Not sure how that reveals anything about the game other than two characters that are on the boxart.

It's like saying that your avatar is a spoiler. Unless I'm missing something.

Sorian

Banned
Kirigiri's only about 8620 yen.

The nendos for Monokuma and Makoto are only about 3000 yen or so depending on where you find them.

Just keep tossing one coin into it. You'll get all the presents in the end, somehow.

You just made them a sale. That Junko figure is pretty meh but damn me if that Kirigiri statue isn't the most boss thing on that site.

....no it isn't. Not sure how that reveals anything about the game other than two characters that are on the boxart.

SDR2 related:
You know hell the boxart for the original special edition for the PSP game of SDR2 pretty much showed there was something special about Nanami with how she's placed on the coverart.

Thought that was pretty funny.

But yeah, some spoilers are only spoilers if people are mentioning they are spoilers. :p

kewlmyc

Man dat Kirigiri. The Nanami one is alright, but the Enoshima and Kirigiri ones look really well done. Thing is I think all three are from different companies/makers as well.

SPOILERS?

So far of the top 5 most popular characters in a poll done a while back in Japan, only Kirigiri, Nanami and Komaeda have the larger figures. The actual main protagonists, Naegi and Hinata, don't have any larger ones. Naegi does have a neno though that came out a month or two ago.

Hinata and Komaeda have one being made by Kotobukiya, and Nanami has a superior one being made by Phat! Company, the people who are making the Kirigiri one. Would post pictures, but apparantly they might be SPOILERS!? by people.

Zephyx

Junko's voice actress was really good. Really liked the way she said "It's punishment tiiiime! as she sounded really ecstatic.

SPOILERS

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YOU DIPSHIT

THAT FIGURINE IS SPOILERS

Except that it isn't. In fact by saying anything
regarding any of the figures from SDR2 is actually spoiling the game for others.

Just a heads up, none of the figures posted so far have any blatant spoilers that can immediately spoil plot points of SDR2.

Hinata and Komaeda have one being made by Kotobukiya, and Nanami has a superior one being made by Phat! Company, the people who are making the Kirigiri one. Would post pictures, but apparantly they might be SPOILERS!? by people.

Yeah dakkumauji posted the two newest ones of Nanami and Hinata. I might get both. The Nanami one by Phat Company is looking really damn good so far.

Sorian

Banned

Yeah, anyone drawing attention to anything in particular is the real dipshit here. We just posted a figure of Kyoko with Monokuma and that isn't some lol huge spoiler. The characters posing with the demonic robot(?) animal isn't a spoiler but people labeling it as some mega huge thing are causing problems.

Is the upcoming Komaeda one a reissue or a new one?

I know he got one some time back but not sure who made it.

kiryogi

Banned
I know the Usami one came out a while back so it might be hard to find.

It might get a reissue though since a bunch of SDR2 figures are coming out this upcoming or next year.

Yep that one.

Well AmiAmi has it for the low low cost of 11,220 yen.

I need that Kirigiri like today. . . What are the details on it?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
supposed SDR2 spoilers:

I'll be assuming the gamer(?) girl is the bunny then concidering the obvious link to the talk about Junko figure ect. other shenanigans. Oh well, I shall see what other surprises the game has in store. If I even am right that is.

Labrys

I think we should just..........refrain from posting pics of DR2 figurines, just to be safe.

Also I'm sorry.

BOO!

jk jk but i think as long as the people looking for/posting sdr2 figures have already finished the game and can distinguish what's spoilers and not we should be fine

to be completely honest i don't think a figure maker would blatantly spoil anything about the second game, the mastermind!junko figure was a different story

Sorian

Banned
I think we should just..........refrain from posting pics of DR2 figurines, just to be safe.

Also I'm sorry.

It's ok, just tone it down. As someone who is currently spoiler-free on SDR2 100%, I still feel that I am spoiler-free in everyway. Anyone could be the mastermind, no one could be the mastermind, the trees did it, man idk, unless someone is blatently spelling out spoilers unmarked, we're cool.

Moonlight

Banned
This thread was scaring me for a bit. Good to know I can stop thinking about it, lol.

Also, seriously. Aoi and Mukuro pls. Mukuro could be rocking that dumb but totally awesome flak-vest + school skirt combo that she had in that one picture!

kewlmyc

supposed SDR2 spoilers:

I'll be assuming the gamer(?) girl is the bunny then concidering the obvious link to the talk about Junko figure ect. other shenanigans. Oh well, I shall see what other surprises the game has in store. If I even am right that is.

You're assuming wrong though. Don't over analyze it because it wasn't a spoiler to begin with. You're all good.

it's a garage kit, but seeing sdr2's popularity in japan it might be picked up for a pvc release
Fuck, I mad.

Top Bottom