• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Sorian

Banned
This thread was scaring me for a bit. Good to know I can stop thinking about it, lol.

Also, seriously. Aoi and Mukuro pls. Mukuro could be rocking that dumb but totally awesome flak-vest + school skirt combo that she had in that one picture!

I'm throwing my money at the screen but an Aoi figurine isn't appearing, GAF help.

Holy shit an Ibuki fig exists somehow. Fuck I would totally buy that.

God I just want that SDR2 anime adaptation to come out to promote Another Episode so we can get more merch and such from SDR2. So far for SDR2 I only have a really small Nanami keychain.

Labrys

Fuck, I mad.

sorry to get anyone's hopes up! eheh

once SDR2 the Animation comes out we'll most likely get more merch, it's like what happened with Persona 4. before P4A we had like 1 figure of yukiko and one figure of rise and that was it, once it came out a giant wave of them came out

Holy shit an Ibuki fig exists somehow. Fuck I would totally buy that.

God I just want that SDR2 anime adaptation to come out to promote Another Episode so we can get more merch and such from SDR2. So far for SDR2 I only have a really small Nanami keychain.

Extremely likely we're gonna get a SDR2 adaptation this year.

The game basically got a large merchandise push during WonFes earlier this month with three new figures and some of the characters getting the trading figures.

No reason making all this new merch if there isn't going to have something come out of it.

kewlmyc

sorry to get anyone's hopes up! eheh

once SDR2 the Animation comes out we'll most likely get more merch, it's like what happened with Persona 4. before P4A we had like 1 figure of yukiko and one figure of rise and that was it, once it came out a giant wave of them came out

The only good things to come out of this would be an abridged version and more merchandise. SDR2 would be an even worst adaption.

Extremely likely we're gonna get a SDR2 adaptation this year.

The game basically got a large merchandise push during WonFes earlier this month with three new figures and some of the characters getting the trading figures.

No reason making all this new merch if there isn't going to have something come out of it.

I still think that next time Sony host another mini conference or whatever in Japan for the Vita and PS4, that we'll see more stuff and a concrete date for Another Episode. Once we get Another Episode, we're getting the SDR2 adaptation. So basically we get two things this year, possibly. One of those things where having the anime exist to just promote the actual game might be a good thing, especially since Another Episode takes place between the events of DR1 and SDR2.

kiryogi

Banned
Damn you guys, I ordered Kirigiri. I was thinking about the Junko too, but not feeling her. Plus Monokuma looks weird in hers.

Can I ask if SDR2 implies there will be a third game or not? If it's spoiler in some way don't say it though.

I nearly got all the three achievements trial-related on the first one, but I missed a couple of X on the Bullet Time or whatever is called when it moved to max speed. That was sad.
I'm loving playing through it again, maybe even more than the first time playing it. As soon as I'll re-do a trial I'll try the English Dub.

Also, if anyone is interested, I'm taking screenshots of the Comics Summary at the end of the trial. Once I'll finish I may post them if someone would like to have them :D

Flandy

Can I ask if SDR2 implies there will be a third game or not? If it's spoiler in some way don't say it though.

I nearly got all the three achievements trial-related on the first one, but I missed a couple of X on the Bullet Time or whatever is called when it moved to max speed. That was sad.
I'm loving playing through it again, maybe even more than the first time playing it. As soon as I'll re-do a trial I'll try the English Dub.

Also, if anyone is interested, I'm taking screenshots of the Comics Summary at the end of the trial. Once I'll finish I may post them if someone would like to have them :D

Haven't played DR2 but when they announced the Spin Off TPS didn't they put "And also 3" at the end of the trailer for that. Seems like it's implying a 3rd game :p

Sorian

Banned
I'm doing the same thing, maybe we just need more and more people to do it~

A Mukuro figure would be neat... to look at and never buy. :p

1323642517223.gif

For real though, I would buy an Aoi figure as long as it was at least average quality, to buy a Mukuro figure it would have to look top notch to me (I felt the same way for Kirigiri but they seem to have pulled that off).

Sorian

Banned

From what I've gathered (as someone who has not played SDR2), the story could wrap-up there but with the announcement of a spin-off game recently, a third game was also heavily hinted at.

I can't remember any hints in the second game giving any possibility of a third game.

There are things they could talk about but it's probably like the first game when it first came out where besides some unanswered questions, there were no real glaring hints that a sequel will come out for it.

Levito

Banned
When you talk to a character in School Mode, there are two options: spend time together, and use a Trip Ticket. Spending time together increases their friendship level, which goes towards unlocking pages of their report card. Using a Trip Ticket increases their heart level (if you answer correctly), which goes towards viewing their character ending.

The friendship level is shared with Story mode, so you can also increase it by replaying chapters. Give them presents they like and answer the multiple choice questions correctly to increase friendship level and max report cards as fast as possible. There's a good table of who likes which presents here.
http://ouendanl.tumblr.com/post/35460955577/parbles-dangan-ronpa-present-table-x-is-bad

Now before you can view any character ending in School mode, you have to max out ALL the report cards. So even if you maxed Sayaka's report card, for example, you won't be able to view her ending until you max ALL the report cards.

When you use a Trip Ticket, you pick a place to go and then get a multiple choice question. You may also get a Trigger Happy Heart event, it happens randomly. I *think* you need to view this event to view the character ending, but I'm not sure. I haven't found an English guide to which answers are best, but you can figure it out from Japanese wikis and Google translate. You can talk to Monokuma to see everyone's heart level.
http://danganronpa.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/お出かけ

On the 51st day, you will be able to talk to characters at max heart level and view their ending.

Many thank you's sir!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So should I just jump into school mode or use a guide?

I'd use a general guide if you want to save time. It'll take at least three playthroughs to get all the endings.

Really, you just need to keep these things in mind:

* The only things that carry over between playthroughs are Report Card Status and Level Stats. You lose all items and heart meter.
* Use the first playthrough to level up characters and create Cheat Sheets/Cleaning Maestros (items that permanently increase stats). Ignore Monokuma's requests. Also use this as an opportunity to max out Report Cards.
* Having a couple dedicated Cleaners throughout playthrough 1 will get them close to level 9.
* Do NOT ignore Tools. They effectively double your efficiency for an entire playthrough. Get them early to reap the benefits.
* When you start doing Monokuma requests, don't bother building more than one of them. You don't get bonuses for extra copies.
* You can get a maximum of 5 endings per run if you use time wisely and pick the correct answers for maximum Heart meter. You don't have to be flawless. It's fairly generous, but try to get as many perfect trips as possible.
* You MUST complete the final Monokuma task to get any endings.

Kazerei otherwise outlines the basic goal of School Mode in that post above.

Sorian

Banned
No. But if you completed a character's ending in your previous run, there'll be a little icon by their box saying that you finished it.

Haven't picked it up since but I was day 16 or so before I realized that everyone's report cards need to be finished before you can get character endings :p I was just working on them down that list (so Taka was first) and he is already more than halfway and the monokuma scale thing but I guess I need to backpedal quick and hope I have enough time to finish report cards first.

Genocide Jack calling Makoto "Big Mac" was really weird because that's my girlfriend's nickname for me. Associating a depraved serial killer with her is not something I want to do, brain! ;~;

Not even sure why Makoto will be called that by Jill.

He's one of the shortest characters in the cast. The same height as Aoi and only taller than Chihiro.

Maybe this explains his underwear obsession.

LiK

He's one of the shortest characters in the cast. The same height as Aoi and only taller than Chihiro.

yea, supposed to be ironic, i think. more like an insult.

webkid94

No, not really. If anything DR was more explicit about a sequel with Monokuma appearing at the end. Was surprised to hear about a third game after the Absolute Despair Girls one.

Also, am interested in the comics! Thanks

Guys, just a quick question. In School Mode, once a character reaches the top off the little affection chart you don't have to do anything more, right? That's it for them?

Squire

Banned

yea, supposed to be ironic, i think. more like an insult.

It's just a funny play on words. Makoto -> Big Mac

She only includes the "Big" since that's what the burger is called.

It's almost as though every time I start to sort of tolerate Hifumi, the game reminds me how much of an ultra-goon he is. Seriously, I did not need to be informed of his "morning activities" :S

kewlmyc

It's almost as though every time I start to sort of tolerate Hifumi, the game reminds me how much of an ultra-goon he is. Seriously, I did not need to be informed of his "morning activities" :S

Hifumi's voice changes is what makes me tolerate him. He's still the dumbest person in the game though.

He also has shit taste in anime. :p

LiK

Hifune is every negative stereotype of an otaku/geek/nerd all rolled up into one. I didn't care for him that much. I did feel a lil bad for him that he got sorta tricked into killing Taka.

Hifune is every negative stereotype of an otaku/geek/nerd all rolled up into one. I didn't care for him that much. I did feel a lil bad for him that he got sorta tricked into killing Taka.

I don't feel bad for him at all. If he was so stupid as to get coerced into a zero-sum game by someone who was cited as being the most untrustworthy person in the group, then perhaps death was a mercy upon his sad little life. He's probably just one of Gundam's hamsters mutated by ooze anyways, so it's not like his life had much purpose to it.

I tried really hard to like Hifumi more this playthrough, and while he had some funny moments and I really liked his dub VA, he's just such a scummy person. I mean, often some of my favorite characters end up being the big losers, like Hiro and Toko, but Hifumi is just gross to the core. I couldn't muster any positive feelings about him.

He's probably just one of Gundam's hamsters mutated by ooze anyways, so it's not like his life had much purpose to it.

That's a grave disservice to Gundam's hamsters!

Hifumi could have had some real depth if they did more with him. You could see shades of it with how he talked about Alter Ego not judging him when telling it about his hobbies. Too bad that's as far as they go. Even maxing his social link doesn't make him any more sympathetic.

PK Gaming

Re: Hifumi

I actually liked Hifumi at first. Sure he came across as gross and socially awkward, but he was also funny and genuine (his interactions with the other characters were generally great. There was definitely a certain charm to his character in the first few days. That quickly changed after chapter 3 when was outed as massive, massive scumbag. Blindly, stupidly trusting in Celeste, killing Taka, and conspiring to fuck over everyone in the group. And for what? More time with his precious waifu? Because of hearsay from Celeste? Not to mention his whole obsession with Alter Ego nearly cost the group their one and only trump card against Monokuma. Oh yeah, he had the gall to refer to his illicit weapons as "Justice Hammers"

Fuck Hifumi

Now and forever

Labrys

Man, Naegi is REALLY short, especially when compared to the rest of the cast. If my memory is correct, he's the second shortest with Chihiro being the shortest. Relevant image:

COQBA7J.jpg

in the entire series, saionji is shortest (4 feet), followed by teruteru (4'2). Chihiro follows them at 4'8

Aoi and Naegi are tied in height (5'2). Sakura is the tallest girl (6'2), while Nekomaru from the sequel is the tallest boy (6'4)

what's funny is that i'm Sakura's height and i've cosplayed Teruteru

Hifumi could have had some real depth if they did more with him. You could see shades of it with how he talked about Alter Ego not judging him when telling it about his hobbies. Too bad that's as far as they go. Even maxing his social link doesn't make him any more sympathetic.

I was actually thinking the same thing as I was doing his free time events. They were definitely on the right track when they had him talking about how he wants to create characters and tell stories that make people happy, as that's how he found meaning in life despire his loneliness, but when they intermittently stick implications about the gross things he does, it all sorta fell flat for me.

His interactions with Alter Ego could've also had potential, but the relationship primarily being creepy and sexual on his side just ended up turning me off on him even more. And I'll even give him the benefit of the doubt about his murder motive and assume it was more to do with Celeste's accusations about Taka.

Top Bottom