• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

PKrockin

So, are we ever gonna discuss how fucking horrifying concept human Monokuma is jfc

This? I actually laughed at it.

eadquc7.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How bad is that spoiler for DR2? Is it game breaking?

All I know about DR2 is:

*MAYBE BIG SPOILER FOR Danganronpa 2*
Junko, Kyoko and Makoto are back

Lusankya

How bad is that spoiler for DR2? Is it game breaking?

All I know about DR2 is:

Junko, Kyoko and Makoto are back

It's not gamebreaking, especially when you don't know the circumstances.

It's not gamebreaking, especially when you don't know the circumstances.
I hadn't played SDR2, but it would have surprised me if that didn't happen honestly.

Also, why did they spell out "Upupupupu" as "Puhuhuhuh"?
Oh, another thing, is the thing about streaming it to the world just something Monokuma made up? I don't think they ever talk about it after the first time they say it.

Trigger

Oh, another thing, is the thing about streaming it to the world just something Monokuma made up? I don't think they ever talk about it after the first time they say it.

If it wasn't then Monokuma's behavior wouldn't make sense. If there was no real stream then why would he want to redo the final trial?

First playthrough of School Mode was cool since it still had the motivator of finishing out the report cards, but man, subsequent playthroughs for the different endings are a bummer. You can only fit four or five people in at a time, right? I'm midway through my second "trip card" playthrough now and I'm starting to get bored.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
First playthrough of School Mode was cool since it still had the motivator of finishing out the report cards, but man, subsequent playthroughs for the different endings are a bummer. You can only fit four or five people in at a time, right? I'm midway through my second "trip card" playthrough now and I'm starting to get bored.
Yeah, you can only get 5 max per playthrough, but thankfully, after your first & during your second playthrough, it gets much easier due to your characters leveling up & getting those tools. It usually takes 4 playthroughs minimum to do everything. First to level up & finish up the report cards, then the 2nd to start getting serious & start using the trip tickets, then 3rd & 4th to get the rest of the endings.

Also, I can't imagine the kind of emotions & such that thing would be making if that was used instead of the teddy bear design. They were going for pure terror with the beta.

Sayaka's School Mode ending, with both of you remembering what you had said in "another time," is the kind of thing I thought would eventually happen in the main game. I take it the School Mode stuff isn't at all considered canon, right?

Yeah, you can only get 5 max per playthrough, but thankfully, after your first & during your second playthrough, it gets much easier due to your characters leveling up & getting those tools. It usually takes 4 playthroughs minimum to do everything. First to level up & finish up the report cards, then the 2nd to start getting serious & start using the trip tickets, then 3rd & 4th to get the rest of the endings.

Yeah, at this point I'm completing the projects on the first or second day, but man is it starting to feel like a grind. I should only have one more go around though so hopefully I'm far enough to coast to the platinum without fully burning out.

What character death got to you the most? RIP Sakura, the most selfless and noble sacrifice tainted by mister bears dastardly deeds.

Either Mondo's or Taka's, because they were my favourite male characters. I basically reacted the same way as the latter to the former's death. T^T

Sorian

Banned
It's kind of funny to think about how, presumably, all of these people were great friends but a lot of them appear to be huge assholes to total strangers. In another time, Makoto is probably making successful awkward sexual advances to Sayaka and Celeste is sitting around teaching everyone her super duper gambling secrets but with no memory of friendship, Sayaka is using that body and cute face to plan murder and Celeste is forming stupid plans for stupid reasons.

FluxWaveZ

Sayaka's School Mode ending, with both of you remembering what you had said in "another time," is the kind of thing I thought would eventually happen in the main game. I take it the School Mode stuff isn't at all considered canon, right?

Haven't played it yet, but it most likely isn't. I'm also glad they didn't lean in that direction in the main game.

I think it was hinted that there might have been unknowing amnesia when Makoto meets a character the first time in the main game (I think it was Kyoko asking whether they've met before), but any more heavy hinting towards that and it would become a typical "characters regain their lost memories the more they spend time together and experience Hope's Peak" story, which I wouldn't have been into.

What character death got to you the most? RIP Sakura, the most selfless and noble sacrifice tainted by mister bears dastardly deeds.

Chihiro was the most tragic.
Ishimaru's was the most senseless.
Sakura's was the most noble one.

So basically, NOOOO, WHYYYY and *tears*.

Sadly not, school mode isn't canon cause canon hates us.

I'm not sure but I assume that the whole memory loss isn't addressed in school mode but I assume that 'another time' is related to that.

Levito

Banned
So a bunch of you already know, but PersonaGAF has a podcast. Once and a while we do off topic episode, and since we're all talking about DR--figured we may as well do an episode about it.

We're doing a spoilercast podcast episode where we discuss everything about Danganronpa. It'll be livestreamed here and be available for download on the podcast's website after the fact.

It's all happening tonight at 6PM PST on Smed's twitch channel. Hope to see you there!

FluxWaveZ

Was Sakura planning on killing herself the whole time, even after discussing with those who mistrusted her the most, or was it getting hit in the head both times that made her think "shit's crazy" and drink the poison?

Noi

Read Dangan IF. Still like Junko more, sorry mukubros.

Chihiro's death was the most gut punch-y of them all to me, mostly because I had a foreboding feeling that someone was gonna die in that general locker room/pool area but didn't expect that he would be the one to go. Seeing his corpse hanging up lifelessly was a very V moment.

michael-scott-no-god-76ail.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
why are people posting ishimaru x mondo already

this is becoming like persona 4 yosuke x mc

it's nightmare fuel

why people

why

Sorian

Banned
Was Sakura planning on killing herself the whole time, even after discussing with those who mistrusted her the most, or was it getting hit in the head both times that made her think "shit's crazy" and drink the poison?

I believe her general demeanor was that she was going to try to make peace with everyone and then kill herself and something extraordinary had to have happened instead to make her stay her hand. What did occur was probably in line with what she expected so the plan just proceeded along as normal.

Edit: I must be a monster, I didn't particularly care much about Chihiro's death. He was a non-character to me up to that point.

Sorian

Banned
Oh, I thought Dangan IF was an actual alternate game mode in DR2. I'm getting confused with all this other media.

DR1, SDR2, and Another Story are all games (the last one being announced but unreleased).

Zero and IF are both written media, the first is canon and the second is not.

The saddest part about the chihiro mondo situation is that in all of the pics of their normal school life before the incident, you see they were bros :(

FluxWaveZ

I believe her general demeanor was that she was going to try to make peace with everyone and then kill herself and something extraordinary had to have happened instead to make her stay her hand. What did occur was probably in line with what she expected so the plan just proceeded along as normal.

Yeah, that makes sense. It's pretty sad.

Chihiro's death was probably the most tragic for me. Kinda sucks being killed when you've found a real goal and motivation to live by a raging asshole.

So a bunch of you already know, but PersonaGAF has a podcast. Once and a while we do off topic episode, and since we're all talking about DR--figured we may as well do an episode about it.

We're doing a spoilercast podcast episode where we discuss everything about Danganronpa. It'll be livestreamed here and be available for download on the podcast's website after the fact.

It's all happening tonight at 6PM PST on Smed's twitch channel. Hope to see you there!

Super cool. Who's gonna be on this one?

I tend to put most of the blame in the whole situation on Monokuma, not just for setting up the game, but removing the memories.

The only deaths which would've still occurred probably would've been the ones Celeste instigates, and Sakura's.

The rest probably would've never happened.

tldr fuck that bear

FluxWaveZ

The only deaths which would've still occurred probably would've been the ones Celeste instigates, and Sakura's.

The rest probably would've never happened.

Well, obviously having their memories still there would have changed things dramatically. Well, it would have changed everything since they're the ones who had intentionally locked themselves in the school in the first place.

Even Celeste had gone along with it before her memories left her, which means the world might have been going in a screwed up direction enough for her to abandon her castle and vampire butler dreams. Sakura wouldn't have become a spy since she would have known her dojo was already messed up (or maybe she wouldn't have known it for sure, but she might have inferred it given the condition of the world).

Top Bottom