• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Clov

What's the reason behind him being fat? That seems completely out of character. Spoiler tag it if necessary. I really want to read up on it, but I'm pretty sure I'd be spoiled within seconds.

Do you want the actual reason? It's actually a bigger spoiler than you'd think.

Noi

I'm looking at this but I can hardly believe its real. omg.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

FluxWaveZ

Not gonna click on that link, but it's probably the image I saw of him in an accidental Google search once. Thought it was either a big spoiler or that kind of twisted fan art, but it's good to know it's just part of the usual promo material (which I tend to avoid anyways).

PK Gaming

It tries to condense a 20-25 hour game into 13 episodes.

Also the art is poor and the animation is nonexistent

(I'm watching it the instant we get an English Dub)

kewlmyc

That reminds me: Why is the anime bad compared to the game?

Rushed as fuck and reuses so many assets from the game, it's like watching someone do a speed run of the game by skipping most of the dialogue and everything that made the characters charming.

But hey at least you get a showering Naegi and a fresh-out-of-the-bath half naked Ishida if you're into that

...yeah it's not the best of adaptations

Tizoc

I'd say this thread is as good as any to ask:
Any chance the DanganRonpa spinoff could be released in English in 2015?

But hey at least you get a showering Naegi and a fresh-out-of-the-bath half naked Ishida if you're into that

...yeah it's not the best of adaptations

cjPZdb8.gif

I should be ashamed I FORGET FORGET FORGET BEAMMMMM about it.

But yeah, the anime was definitely pandering to a certain audience.

Also explains how the popularity vote ended up being after the anime aired.

Tizoc

Ah one more thing:
What're the names of the music tracks that play during the 'Make your argument!' segments?

Ah one more thing:
What're the names of the music tracks that play during the 'Make your argument!' segments?

Discussion -BREAK-, Discussion -HEAT UP- and Discussion -HOPE VS DESPAIR-

Dunno if the localized names are different.
I would advise against searching for any DR music on YouTube also. You never know what will show up.

LX_Theo

Banned
Has anyone here watched the anime before playing the game? I was wondering what their opinion on it is. I wonder how much knowing the results hurts the anime.

Me and my friends have it (along with two others) on the list for test runs (first couple episodes) this week. I'm the only one to play the game.

Sorian

Banned
Has anyone here watched the anime before playing the game? I was wondering what their opinion on it is. I wonder how much knowing the results hurts the anime.

Me and my friends have it (along with two others) on the list for test runs (first couple episodes) this week. I'm the only one to play the game.

I think I'm going to boot it up for my gf and see how it goes. She won't sit down and play the game as awesome as that would be so this may be the next best thing (FMA: Brotherhood got the hooks in her, she's an anime junkie now).

Prelude.

If anything the anime hurts the game, not the other way around. The anime is basically a list of the murderers.

DNAbro

I can give you an answer next week when I actually play it. And if anyone is wondering what my impression of the anime was, I thought it was really great. Fun to "play" along each week and try and figure out the murders. All the huge reveals were still shocking.

Based off what my friends said when the anime was airing last summer, they enjoyed it. I mean they didn't know from the anime besides hearsay that there was so much more that the anime didn't show which is pretty much a plus for the anime for someone who has no experience with this series whatsoever.

I mean I enjoyed watching the anime even though I know it has a bunch of faults, it was still pretty serviceable.

Hell, I'm completely willing to buy the BluRays whenever Funimation gets around to releasing it. And also completely curious if they are going to keep the same voice cast too.

Top Bottom