• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Squire

Banned
Okay, just from a character design/title standpoint, the SDR2 cast sounds soooooooo much better. Like, AMAZING.

OMFG I am hyped.

Moonlight

Banned
Definitely liking the look of this Ibuki chick.

I'm getting Aoi vibes from Akane. It always seems like the sporty ones are munching something in this franchise!

EDIT: Also, Komaeda looks baller as fuck.

DNAbro

It's fun to go through this list and think "Yeah they look like they will die"

EDIT: I absolutely love Kazuichi's design.

LX_Theo

Banned
Based off what my friends said when the anime was airing last summer, they enjoyed it. I mean they didn't know from the anime besides hearsay that there was so much more that the anime didn't show which is pretty much a plus for the anime for someone who has no experience with this series whatsoever.

I mean I enjoyed watching the anime even though I know it has a bunch of faults, it was still pretty serviceable.

Hell, I'm completely willing to buy the BluRays whenever Funimation gets around to releasing it. And also completely curious if they are going to keep the same voice cast too.
That makes me wonder what isn't shown? Do they cut portions of the plot?

I can give you an answer next week when I actually play it. And if anyone is wondering what my impression of the anime was, I thought it was really great. Fun to "play" along each week and try and figure out the murders. All the huge reveals were still shocking.
Good to hear. No guarantee it'll stick as a week to week thing for us, but maybe something strong will hit in the first two episodes and we can make it a regular.

If anything the anime hurts the game, not the other way around. The anime is basically a list of the murderers.
Eh, they'll never play the game anyways (I can't see any of them investing in a Vita any time soon).

ZeroX03

Banned
Honestly, it's not much of a step further than the 'Ultimate Affluent Progeny'.

As Byakuya points out in his report card, he had to earn that position.

As far as princess goes, she was either born into or married into it. I'm assuming the former. Or 'princess' doesn't mean literal princess and means something like leader as SolarKnight pointed out. Or she just really likes extravagant dresses.

I don't want to get too far into my feelings about the cast of DR2 (I'll even spoiler tag the rest of this post for anyone who wants to go total blackout, though no spoilers, or even names, are within),
but I feel like they evoked stronger feelings from me as a whole. There were a lot more characters I really liked, and more that I disliked (not due to poor writing though, and that's not saying all that much because there's really hardly anyone in DR1 I actively dislike).

There's also one character that I think totally blows away the entire remainder of the cast of either game from a writing standpoint and I'm really eager to see people's reaction to them.

That makes me wonder what isn't shown? Do they cut portions of the plot?

The anime does trim down some parts of the trials to save time. Some evidence isn't brought up or handwaved over though it's been a while since I last saw the anime to actually remember what they glossed over.

The investigations stuff is pretty much a montage of evidence since everything gets reviewed in the trials anyway.

The whole hey look a new floor of rooms to look at is the same idea of a montage of everyone looking around.

And the most glaring thing (though understandable since you only have so much episodes to work with) is pretty much all the optional characterization you get from the free time. I mean it's not like characters won't develop, just not as much as you can see in the game.

PK Gaming

2014_02_22_020320.jpg

But bucket of fried chicken is priceless

GSR

There's also one character that I think totally blows away the entire remainder of the cast of either game from a writing standpoint and I'm really eager to see people's reaction to them.

(Same warnings apply: no names/spoilers, but just putting on total blackout for those who want):
Assuming you mean the same person I'm thinking of, I concur. They add a ton to the game's dynamic, and an acquaintance of mine who studies Japanese detective fiction wrote about how he feels they're a fantastic new type of character for the mystery genre, not just a strong individual character.

LX_Theo

Banned
The anime does trim down some parts of the trials to save time. Some evidence isn't brought up or handwaved over though it's been a while since I last saw the anime to actually remember what they glossed over.

The investigations stuff is pretty much a montage of evidence since everything gets reviewed in the trials anyway.

The whole hey look a new floor of rooms to look at is the same idea of a montage of everyone looking around.

And the most glaring thing (though understandable since you only have so much episodes to work with) is pretty much all the optional characterization you get from the free time. I mean it's not like characters won't develop, just not as much as you can see in the game.
All of that seems reasonable. I'll probably go through the series once even if my friends don't want to pick it up for out weekly rotation, then.

CrazyDude

I don't want to get too far into my feelings about the cast of DR2 (I'll even spoiler tag the rest of this post for anyone who wants to go total blackout, though no spoilers, or even names, are within),
but I feel like they evoked stronger feelings from me as a whole. There were a lot more characters I really liked, and more that I disliked (not due to poor writing though, and that's not saying all that much because there's really hardly anyone in DR1 I actively dislike).

Which character?

webkid94

I totally agree with you.
In DR2 I loved Komaeda, Nanami, Gundam, Ibuki and Nidai as opposed to just Kirigiri, Togami and Celes (and maaaaybe Genocider) while the number of people I found annoying in DR2 also went up from just Hagakure to Souda, Hanamura, Saionji, Tsumiki. Definitely feel that DR was mostly "meh" with characters while DR2 you feel something towards them, which is a big thing. I agree "that character" will be very interesting to see people's reactions towards... *popcorn.gif*

kewlmyc

I don't think half the people in here will survive to September. You guys will eventually crack, especially if you stay in this thread. It's already getting pretty damn dangerous.

Also, I agree on
the character you guys mentioned. That character is my favorite in the entire franchise. Hope the dub does this character justice.
That's all I'll say.

I don't think half the people in here will survive to September. You guys will eventually crack, especially if you stay in this thread. It's already getting pretty damn dangerous.

First is Don't Mention Anything About Them.

Next is Images, Names and Titles.

And then finally, people will be asking for the death list, upupupupupu

I wonder if Nagito will be voiced by Papenbrook, since he shares VA's with Naegi in Japanese.

It was already announced he will be.

kewlmyc

I wonder if Nagito will be voiced by Papenbrook, since he shares VA's with Naegi in Japanese.

I'm pretty sure he will, it's already on his Wiki (lol).

I'm actually worried. All of Papenbrook's video game roles have been super bland. Just recently found out he did Asbel from ToGf. Ugh...

Moonlight

Banned
Alright, so to get away from DR2 discussion for a moment...! Some of the Mukuro (plus Junko for a few) art that I've picked up. Felt reasonably safe searching stuff up for her because, well.

Sources (if I had them) linked in the pictures! Fair warning that most of the source pictures are hidden in big Pixiv albums that I haven't dug through myself for fear of spoilers!

PK Gaming

Alright, so to get away from DR2 discussion for a moment...! Some of the Mukuro (plus Junko for a few) art that I've picked up. Felt reasonably safe searching stuff up for her because, well.

Sources (if I had them) linked in the pictures! Fair warning that most of the source pictures are hidden in big Pixiv albums that I haven't dug through myself for fear of spoilers!

You risked your life to find this art

Thank you...!

I'll repay you guys one day, I swear it

Top Bottom