• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

789shadow

Banned
Oh, no, not that, just raw GIF captures
The scene where you grab the penguin but fall off the ball, or the scene where you try to push that guy off the ball but fail miserably are just begging to be representations of Togami's inability to keep up with Kirigiri and Naegi when it comes to solving the cases.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh Feep, you should find that episode of Wipeout you were on so we can imagine it's Togami getting smacked in the face by big red balls instead of you.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-CUxg5WPy8

Here it is.

haha that's awesome.
Alright, so to get away from DR2 discussion for a moment...! Some of the Mukuro (plus Junko for a few) art that I've picked up. Felt reasonably safe searching stuff up for her because, well.

Sources (if I had them) linked in the pictures! Fair warning that most of the source pictures are hidden in big Pixiv albums that I haven't dug through myself for fear of spoilers!

These are great! Mukuro is pretty damn cool.

byakuyapls29yskk.gif

don't look at me like that

Lusankya

I totally agree with you.
In DR2 I loved Komaeda, Nanami, Gundam, Ibuki and Nidai as opposed to just Kirigiri, Togami and Celes (and maaaaybe Genocider) while the number of people I found annoying in DR2 also went up from just Hagakure to Souda, Hanamura, Saionji, Tsumiki. Definitely feel that DR was mostly "meh" with characters while DR2 you feel something towards them, which is a big thing. I agree "that character" will be very interesting to see people's reactions towards... *popcorn.gif*

Yeah, the characters overall have more appeal. Although I think two of the characters you don't like are actually two of my favorite characters in the whole series.

Saionji and Tsumiki are so great, especially together. I am pretty sure no one really likes Tanamura. :D The only one I hate more than him is Sonia, that stupid bitch cunt :mad:

see i actually did the first minute of it some time ago in hopes of having it done by the us release but then key framing became despair-inducingly boring and i stopped also i haven't installed after effects on my new computer

maybe i'll try to do the rest over break

Levito

Banned
Hey, so I mentioned PersonaGAF had a podcast, and we did a Danganronpa spoilercast yesterday:

(Click image for episode link)

No spoiilers for DR2 in the 'cast, by the way.

Zephyx

I disagree.

Makoto has consistently demonstrated that he's a more than competent investigator on his own.

His investigations during chapter's 5 and 6 (a.k.a the most important cases in the game) are mostly a solo effort. In chapter 5, Byakuya has information on Mukuru's identity, and Makoto have coerce his dumb ass into giving it to you. Aside from that, Makoto was on his is own. Chapter 6 was strictly a solo effort, with very information exchanges being exclusive to Kyoko (Hina, Toko, Byakuya and Hiro started avoiding Makoto, remember?) and Makoto was the one who dug up the most vital pieces of evidence.

While he was more independent in both Chapter 5 and 6, he was still reliant on the conclusions provided by both Byakuya and Kyoko. In Chapter 5, we see less of this as Byakuya is suspecting him for murder at the beginning of the investigation. But most deductions regarding Mukuro and Fenrir came from Byakuya. For Chapter 6, while he did most of the investigation work, he would not have figured out without Kyoko the secret of the bio lights and the secret of Mukuro's deceased body. I don't discredit his investigation but I still think he couldn't come up with a conclusion of his own without those two.

ZeroX03

Banned
Does anyone have pictures of the items A Man's Fantasy and Escape Button? I'm trying to grind the Monokuma machine slowly but I have limited monocoins so I'm resetting after 50 coins. Want to make sure I don't miss them.

EDIT: Thanks dakkumauji!

Does anyone have pictures of the items A Man's Fantasy and Escape Button? I'm trying to grind the Monokuma machine slowly but I have limited monocoins so I'm resetting after 50 coins. Want to make sure I don't miss them.

Here you go.

You get a special jingle when you get the Escape Button too.

Don't think you get one for A Man's Fantasy though.

Actually enjoying School Mode so far.

It's definitely different but I rather like it and it's nice to do all these free time events without silly things like the plot and everyone's hatred of Makoto getting in the way all the time.

I'm slowly getting the hang of this material collecting too.

Actually enjoying School Mode so far.

It's definitely different but I rather like it and it's nice to do all these free time events without silly things like the plot and everyone's hatred of Makoto getting in the way all the time.

I'm slowly getting the hang of this material collecting too.

It's ok, but it takes too long to move through it. Watching that stupid end of day video was annoying enough in the main game, seeing it all the time there drives me crazy. I went through it once and don't want to spend several more hours doing it again to see a couple minutes of dialogue that I can watch on youtube.

Dresden

Beat the game, and focusing on the important things, my bros:

1. Kyoko
2. Byakuya
3. Sakura ;_;7

Hagakure's survival gives me hope that I could do the same if I was put in the same position - stay dumb and let the smart people carry me.

Names, art, and talents
Just don't go elsewhere on the site.
One thing I enjoyed from DR1 was seeing how my initial bias towards the characters matched up with my final feelings. Since this is my first time seeing most of the SDR2 cast properly, I'm gonna do it again and bookmark this post:

Would let them kill me
Chiaki, Sonia

Would help them kill someone else
Mikan, Ibuki, Peko, Hiyoko

Would kill
Hajime, Nagito, Kazuichi, Gundam, Nekomaru, Fuyuhiko, Mahiru, Teruteru, Akane, Byakuya

Jintor

Assuming School Mode isn't plot relevant, I guess I'm done?

Fun ride. Not as satisfying an overarching plot as 999 or VLR, but I would say probably a more enjoyable aesthetic presentation, and I really, really liked the atmosphere of s.linking with potential murderers AND victims - Sayaka kicking the bucket right off the bat really lent a true sense of 'anyone can die' to the whole proceedings.

So yeah, sign me up for DR2.

Jintor

Those execution videos were so baller.

Looking back over 999 and VLR, I have to admire that they got so far with tension without actually massacring most of their casts. 999 especially, which I remember actually having nightmares over (probably due to that fucking romance-novel description of guts and gore in the first ten-fifteen minutes of the game)

LiK

Those execution videos were so baller.

Looking back over 999 and VLR, I have to admire that they got so far with tension without actually massacring most of their casts. 999 especially, which I remember actually having nightmares over (probably due to that fucking romance-novel description of guts and gore in the first ten-fifteen minutes of the game)

999 was pretty descriptive. Sadly VLR was less scary thanks to the pubs telling the dev to tone it down from feedback in Japan.

Also, gah, I need to avoid this place whenever you guys mention DR2. I don't want to know a thing. Already ruined by some of the character designs from just looking at merchandise.

Jintor

To be frank, the ending was a little disappointing in its... almost mundanity (VLR really immunised me to its shock value, though I know it came out later). Based on the over-the-top aesthetic of the school and especially the executions, I had myself half convinced that they were all trapped in some kind of purgatory or alternate dimension or shared VR sim thing or something. The weird effect when you first walk into the school didn't help.

To be frank, the ending was a little disappointing in its... almost mundanity (VLR really immunised me to its shock value, though I know it came out later). Based on the over-the-top aesthetic of the school and especially the executions, I had myself half convinced that they were all trapped in some kind of purgatory or alternate dimension or shared VR sim thing or something. The weird effect when you first walk into the school didn't help.

I think the problem for me was that I had figured out everything except some of the logistics/details long before that last trial, so there were no real reveals at that point. So the trial ended feeling anti-climatic, especially given how any details of remaining mysteries like the Tragedy and the memory wipe were just hand-waived away. It worked on a thematic level with all the hope/despair stuff, but it didn't do much for much as a whole. The plot itself of Danganronpa is less interesting than the good character moments, and I felt those mostly came before the end stretch. I don't think the lack of a gimmicky twist was the problem though.

Jintor

It's not so much a gimmicky twist I want as a 'oh, now everything makes sense in retrospect' moment which I never really got. Like, basically, the end result I got was that junko was fucking crazy.

It's not so much a gimmicky twist I want as a 'oh, now everything makes sense in retrospect' moment which I never really got. Like, basically, the end result I got was that junko was fucking crazy.

One reason I don't like people comparing ZE games and DR to some people that haven't played the latter is that DR isn't trying to even be a ''what a twist!'' type of game. I can imagine many having a wrong impression going into the game.

Fake Junko was my favourite character at the beginning next to Mondo so when the pieces started falling into place that suggested that the real Junko was the real mastermind it totally went over my head. My waifu :(

Fuck you Junko

It's ok, but it takes too long to move through it. Watching that stupid end of day video was annoying enough in the main game, seeing it all the time there drives me crazy. I went through it once and don't want to spend several more hours doing it again to see a couple minutes of dialogue that I can watch on youtube.

Hearing Doraemon put me to sleep every night is just enough to not drive me crazy.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Not a fan of sequel character mentions in here as well. By looking up one of the current cast's profile and reading like one sentence too much I think I already ruined a very big twist for myself and every tidbit I see here seems to be confirming that.

Top Bottom