• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

kewlmyc

The hell?!? According to the Reload artbook, both Mastermind Junko and Soldier Mukuro have School Mode sprites. Are they in School Mode somewhere?

Also, the artbook is fucking awesome. 512 pages!

I came into this thread before I even finished the damn game, you think some pitiful spoilers to the sequel scare me?!

You can't spoil me! I'm already spoiled! *elbowdrops jacket*

Moonlight

Banned
^ Would buy!

Re: Junko hotness

Queen Junko > Secretary Junko > Dio Junko > Rocker Junko > Depressed Junko > Regular Junko > Moe Junko > Monokuma Junko

In terms of how much I enjoyed them:

Queen Junko > Monokuma Junko > Rocker Junko > Dio Junko > Depressed Junko > Secretary Junko > Regular Junko > Moe Junko

Toko/Genocide Jill were annoying as shit, I was so disappointed to see her/them make it to the end.

As far as characters I'd rank them

Cool - Kiyomondo, Mondo, Celeste, Byakuya, Sakura, Yasuhiro, Fake Junko
Alright - Kiyotaka, Aoi, Chihiro, Kyoko, Leon, Sayaka
Hifumi tier - Hifumi, Toko

Did anyone give a fuck when Hifumi died? I would have offered the same amount of fucks for Toko also. The humour that they were going for with her was dreadfully unfunny

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
^ Would buy!

Re: Junko hotness

Queen Junko > Secretary Junko > Dio Junko > Rocker Junko > Depressed Junko > Regular Junko > Moe Junko > Monokuma Junko

In terms of how much I enjoyed them:

Queen Junko > Monokuma Junko > Rocker Junko > Dio Junko > Depressed Junko > Secretary Junko > Regular Junko > Moe Junko

WE ARE PLEASED THAT YOU CHOSE US AS #1
Did anyone give a fuck when Hifumi died? I would have offered the same amount of fucks for Toko also. The humour that they were going for with her was dreadfully unfunny

Honestly, I didn't either and the humor did fall pretty flat.

Although, finishing up his report card made me feel a little bad than I originally did. He saw what he was doing was making other people happy and that in turn, made him happy.

Squire

Banned
Which one was Dio Junko?

5(256).png

Which one was Dio Junko?

This one

nVzIlfO.png

Something of note is that I believe the DIO she is impersonating is the one from the 2000 OVA. The reason for this is that Danganronpa came out in 2010, and the wonderful 2012 adaptation of Jojo Part 1 and 2 didn't even air until well 2012. I seriously just noticed this yesterday while playing Dynasty Warriors because it was a random passing thought

webkid94

In terms of characters
Great - Kirigiri, Togami, Celes, Sakura (mainly because of chapter 4), Genocider (not Touko)
Awful - Hagakure, Maizono
Meh/neutral - Everyone else

Makoto was an alright protagonist, intentionally made to be bland so I'm okay with that as opposed to being bland for no damn reason at all. (not really a DR2 spoiler but just thoughts on the next protag)
Next protagonist is much better to a degree, shines during class trials but kinda comes off as "better than you" during non class trials.
In terms of Junkos

Punk > Queen > Glasses > Monokuma > Normal > Moe > Depressed > face pose

Also, I will commend anyone who is trying a full blackout on DR2. Probably shouldn't be here at all, let alone on the internet for total blackout. Of course some people can't help but ask questions...if I see questions that are safe I can answer them but others posted earlier, NOPE.

The game is so much better not being spoiled at all, but I believe someone said earlier than even if someone is spoiled it's how the game executes these events that are just mindblowing. But yeah, good luck on your blackouts!

RetroMG

I always thought that aside from Queen Junko, the various forms were her trying to impersonate/mock the other characters.

Monokuma Junko - Monokuma (duh)
Rocker Junko - Leon or Mondo
Dio Junko - I actually always thought this was just Junko, though now that I think about it, it could be Celeste.
Depressed Junko - Toko
Secretary Junko - Byakuya
Regular Junko - Also just Junko. If this is the one I think it is, it's her at the end when she's pretty much lost.
Moe Junko - Hina

Squire

Banned
Junko definitely has a rocker/punk/rebel thing going on when you talk to her (or at least, Mukuro does).

She liked that Jimmy Decay t-shirt as a gift, too.

Is it wrong to like Naegi because he is the cutest guy out of the bunch?

Yes, cause the best guy is Ishimaru, duh.
j/k on if it's wrong not on best guy

I always thought that aside from Queen Junko, the various forms were her trying to impersonate/mock the other characters.

Monokuma Junko - Monokuma (duh)
Rocker Junko - Leon or Mondo
Dio Junko - I actually always thought this was just Junko, though now that I think about it, it could be Celeste.
Depressed Junko - Toko
Secretary Junko - Byakuya
Regular Junko - Also just Junko. If this is the one I think it is, it's her at the end when she's pretty much lost.
Moe Junko - Hina

I would say Rocker Junko is probably Jill.
Dio Junko is probably Kirigiri.

And yes, even she thinks Hagakure isn't worth mocking.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm going through school mode for the second time after getting all the report cards lined up and the endings of the endings are...

"You recieved X's undergarments"

Chihiro's is all

"I'm a boy"

"Do you wanna check?!"

Oh Japan...

Lusankya

Well it's more the people responding to that than the actual speculation.

But yeah, I'm just being paranoid. I've already gotten 1 thing spoiled in this thread and another somewhere else, so I'm trying to go on blackout.

You all need to calm down. It's 100% no spoiler. Why would you even think that, considering it's all based on basic information like the image, title, and name of a character?

Also I wonder what DR2 thing was spoiled for you in this thread? I didn't see anything (untagged).
Edit: Nevermind, I remember the thing. Yeah, that was pretty careless by the poster. Funnily enough that was exactly the same thing I accidentally spoiled for myself back then before playing the sequel. Knowing this is luckily not a big deal. :)

Viridian6

First time in a while I've played a game that I couldn't put down. Fantastic concept.

My biggest gripe is that Byakuya never attempted a murder scheme, since Chapter 2 seemed to be setting him up to commit a truly diabolical one. I was sure he would be the "penultimate boss", and was looking forward to what he would come up with and us taking him on for real... but in the end only Celeste made a decent attempt really. Come to think of it, one more genuine murder case would have been just right, I feel too many characters survived!

Also, after going through more character development than most of the cast, Kiyotaka's story just seems to end mid-arc... No idea why Yasuhiro didn't die in his place; the writers were having the more interesting characters survive anyway.

Touko was my favourite girl, even before the Genocide stuff came out.

CrazyDude

First time in a while I've played a game that I couldn't put down. Fantastic concept.

My biggest gripe is that Byakuya never attempted a murder scheme, since Chapter 2 seemed to be setting him up to commit a truly diabolical one. I was sure he would be the "penultimate boss", and was looking forward to what he would come up with and us taking him on for real... but in the end only Celeste made a decent attempt really. Come to think of it, one more genuine murder case would have been just right, I feel too many characters survived!.

I think the reason is that he never found a good opportunity, he seems to be over cautious.

Jintor

Him just destroying the crime scene in case two for no good reason was honestly fucked up enough, in my opinion.

An amazing character. Someone you love to hate, but in a sense, you kind of get why he is that way?

But he's still a prick

LX_Theo

Banned
I think the reason is that he never found a good opportunity, he seems to be over cautious.

I could only see Byakuya going for it if he had the chance to make Kyoko and Makoto the two people he killed for it. He'd need to get rid of any real chance of the truth being uncovered, and that would be the best way to do it. And I seriously doubt there was a quality opportunity to take both out in a way he'd be confident about.

I can finally read this thread! :D

Welcome to the Kiyotaka Ishimaru memorial thread!

And I guess the other characters too.

Also, after going through more character development than most of the cast, Kiyotaka's story just seems to end mid-arc... No idea why Yasuhiro didn't die in his place; the writers were having the more interesting characters survive anyway.

Truer words have never been spoken.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Taka's story ending abruptly made me suspect he was the one who hadn't actually been killed somehow. They just did the Kyomondo thing and I was sure that new development meant he was safe for at least another chapter or so.

Top Bottom