• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Sayaka's death kicked me in the face, threw me down a flight of stairs, then hit me with a chair. It was that rough.

It WRECKED me. Going in blind was a huge error.
I mean, in retrospect I was just thinking it was setting her up like Ace Attorney set up Maya as the assistant.. But nope. Owned.

That was the moment shit got real for me re: this mach truck of a game

PK Gaming

14-fukawa1.jpg

Wow, Toko. What was going on there?

It's truly horrifying

Anyway, are you guys ready? More stupid/risky behavior from yours truly!

natchu96 said:
I always found it ironic that Ultimate Hope was the one with supernaturally bad luck.

There was a short story on that from the anime DVD on how Makoto even got admitted. He didn't even win the lucky draw for admittance the first time through. IIRC he lost rock-paper-scissors 9-1, got stuck buying snacks at the convenience store, spilled everything, got his own drink picked up and drank by a stranger who forgot his phone on the bench, tried to return the phone, chased him onto a bus, tripped into a jewelry thief and spilled his stuff.

Thief escaped, stole a postman's motorcycle, then tripped as it ran over a can Makoto dropped earlier and crashed. The letters all burned up. The girl who did get admitted in the lucky draw as Ultimate Lucky Student never got her admittance letter because it was in that very bag, and Jin Kirigiri figured her luck wasn't good enough and drew Makoto's name on the second draw. Which put him in this game we're playing.

Okay, that was just so much misfortune it's hilarious.

Again, I have no way of knowing if it's true or not.

PKrockin

Mondo and Chihiro's deaths and that whole situation was pretty depressing, but I was shocked Kyoko just got executed with no fanfare after how far we'd come.

"They wouldn't end it like this, right? She's gonna pull a trump card, right?"

WHAM

"Wow... they did it. I sure fucked up. We're all well and truly fucked now."

True despair.

I'm pretty certain that Makoto origin story is real. I've heard it stated as such multiple times during my search for more material.

It's funnier when you realize the jewel thief's talent was luck... And that he just lost to Makoto's bad luck is all

i've gone on record saying that the noise at the end of kyoko's execution makes it the most disturbing thing in the game but after going through the game a second time and being subjected to the bad ending again, i then realized that not only is there a horrifying sound when she's crushed to bits, but the machine keeps going afterwards. like, think about watching that, jesus christ. super fucked up.

it continues to be the one thing in the game i consider hard to watch.

Oh it's very real
http://marchen-v-friedhof.tumblr.co...y-of-dangan-ronpa-dvd-blu-ray-vol-1-novel-the

So in a brazen act of stupidity, I decided to go to the DR forum on Gfaqs and search for stuff. (mind you, i'm not trying to mock Gfaqs or anything like that, but that forum is filled with unmarked spoilers)

Fortunately, I didn't get spoiled and I came across some interesting info.

Is there any truth to this? I can personally corroborate the Leon entry.

If it's true, then Mondo's execution is more terrifying than I thought.

EDIT: Re: Junko

I was way off base with that one. I thought her expression was supposed to denote confusion, but the fact that she actually got bored of the "Ultimate Execution" is freaking hilarious.

JFC I always thought of Mondo's execution as horrifying and had trouble deciding between that and a SDR2 execution as the most disturbing one for me (not most despair inducing though) but that info sure gives it some more points in its favor.

RetroMG

Sayaka's death kicked me in the face, threw me down a flight of stairs, then hit me with a chair. It was that rough.

It WRECKED me. Going in blind was a huge error.
I mean, in retrospect I was just thinking it was setting her up like Ace Attorney set up Maya as the assistant.. But nope. Owned.

That was the moment shit got real for me re: this mach truck of a game

I think I've said this before, but it was in the other thread. I'd had it spoiled for me before I started playing that Junko was the mastermind, but she died in the first case. So naturally, I assumed she was the murder victim for case 1. So, I reasoned, if Junko is the victim for Case 1, this super-cute Sayaka is surely safe, at least for the first case.

Noooope. Extra gut punch, because I was SO SURE she wasn't going anywhere.

Caladrius

I honestly had no idea of what was going on during Mondo's execution and even after the explanation I still can't really process it.

Which one of the deaths hit you the hardest?
Utterly boring answer, but my favourite character, Celeste. Her being an unscrupulous, scheming, manipulative piece of work who arguably deserved it didn't lessen the impact at all. Hell, it probably made it worse. I remember just sitting there motionless for minutes after her execution feeling like I'd been hit by a
fire
truck.

PK Gaming

It only mentions his existence and vaguely mentions how it made the school staff believe luck was an actual thing.

Ah thank you.

That was a really good read, haha. I find myself thinking back to the first episode of DanganRonpa abridged

Makoto: Hey do I get one of those super duper high school titles?

Monokuma: Huh? Oh yeah, i'll whip something up for you, one sec.

Makoto Naegi
Super Duper High School Good Luck

Makoto: What the hell...? This is stupid, and clearly inaccurate!

Jintor

That's just Hiro being a moron. The other characters are like "we shouldn't have to say this, but..."

Meanwhile the 11037 deal is apparently one of those twists that's so shocking and unexpected that the game lets Kyoko spoil it for you, like anyone besides the Ultimate Detective could crack this riddle of the Sphinx.

What has four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon and just murdered Sayaka

Clov

Chihiro's death definitely hit the hardest. Hell, I'm still not over it. It still hurts! ;-;

Sakura's got me bad too. Such a noble character!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
14-fukawa1.jpg

Wow, Toko. What was going on there?

My name is Toko Hill.

I sell propane and propane accessories.

For the "You really shouldn't have" trophy, do you need to have one of each of the items on hand for it to pop, or just have obtained them at all?

Jintor

I spent ten minutes getting through Chapter 1 again to try and get to the store to get the escape switch without realising exactly how the easter egg worked. I thought it'd be like a dialogue option... oh well.

School mode is 50 days, is it?

I spent ten minutes getting through Chapter 1 again to try and get to the store to get the escape switch without realising exactly how the easter egg worked. I thought it'd be like a dialogue option... oh well.

School mode is 50 days, is it?

You know you could buy presents from the school store from the extras menu without having to deal with Maizono.

Jintor

You know you could buy presents from the school store from the extras menu without having to deal with Maizono.

Well, I don't have any coins, and it wasn't letting me do anything with the egg, so I thought maybe it would unlock a dialogue option from the store proper. I didn't realise you needed to just keep buying capsule toys.

Well, I don't have any coins, and it wasn't letting me do anything with the egg, so I thought maybe it would unlock a dialogue option from the store proper. I didn't realise you needed to just keep buying capsule toys.

Yep, you gotta earn it by slowly entering MonoCoins into the MonoMono machine over and over again.

Then, you might go crazy.

And then, you might finally get it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
You get 200 coins when you finish School Mode.

I needed like, 3 more things, including the switch so I just said fuck it and dumped enough to get it to the point when it would be 0% repeat. That was about 87 coins lol.

Now all I need to do is finish up school mode two more times then buy all the extras (along with getting the gifts from school mode) and I should have the platty. ;S

Acosta

In retrospective, Junko/Monokuma is one of my favourite character. What she does goes beyond what being a villain is, it´s pure madness, a chaotic mess. She despises her life, the whole world, it just bores her to death. So she need to feel new levels of despise, that´s the whole crux of it. She don't give a toss about being fair, evil or repulsive, she don't care about anything or anyone except doing what she can to get the only thing she is interested in her life, she don't even care if she lives or dies.

In fact, it was funny how, even in the few times Monokuma was a bit more "kind" or human-like, she would rapidly resort to some brutal or insensitive claim. It was like she did it to rise a tiny bit of sympathy just to stomp over it. Really an unique villain.

But my favourite character was Kyouko without doubt, in such a desperate situation she was always the one I would trust with my own life. The feeling of safety and reliability she provided in this story it´s spectacular.

And her epic smirk is the most badass thing of the game:

xi00vkz.jpg

Whoever sees this face knows his ass it´s being beaten, hard.

The death I most lamented was Mondo, I loved the idea of him inviting me to ride with his gang (even if Makoto was not really thrilled at the idea) and it was a bit disappointing to see such a strong character to make such a stupid act, I understand why he did it but it felt disappointing as I always felt Mondo was one of those characters you could rely on no matter what.

I didn't feel disappointing about Celeste as I was sure she would try it at one moment or another, but I loved her character to the very end and I felt the most sad at her death.

I could say something of every character... a really great run.

By the way, my favourite music was the one it played when I had put together the pieces at the ending and the whole sequencing was being displayed. It really had a tone of sadness and despair that made harder seeing some sequences.

Jintor

I wish we'd got to hang out with the real Junko more though or something. I know they needed to get to the murder game asap, but that's kind of why she kind of fell flat to me - she felt basically like a raving psychopath they just brought in at the last minute to explain away everything.

LX_Theo

Banned
I wish we'd got to hang out with the real Junko more though or something. I know they needed to get to the murder game asap, but that's kind of why she kind of fell flat to me - she felt basically like a raving psychopath they just brought in at the last minute to explain away everything.

It would have been awesome if she, for whatever reason they'd want to give, would be available for report card time in school mode.

What if she hadn't killed Mukuro and instead they kept switching every now and then or something (obviously covering up the physical differences between the two)

LX_Theo

Banned
What if she hadn't killed Mukuro and instead they kept switching every now and then or something (obviously covering up the physical differences between the two)
I think the differences would shine through soon enough, at least in regards to behavior and personality. Especially with Kyoko and Byakuya there. Don't know if either would act on the fact.

Jintor

I don't know if they talked about it much on slink fm (haven't finished it yet) but the whole idea of s.linking with potential murderers AND victims is so damn cool.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
If you look at the artwork you can see that real and fake junko are different, mukuro is flatter and has smaller eyes, so they couldn't switch.

You are not imagining anything

I think the differences would shine through soon enough, at least in regards to behavior and personality. Especially with Kyoko and Byakuya there. Don't know if either would act on the fact.

Considering how pretty much every time notJunko has a conversation with Naegi outside of the main story you could say "Junko your Mukuro is showing" and it'd be accurate I don't doubt it. I just like the idea.

Jintor

kawaii.

I can't believe there's no 'here's their ordinary daily lives in the year they were at hope academy' manga. (Or alternate universe manga maybe to take away from the whole 'actually these two are planning to kill everyone else later' thing)

I guess everybody moved on to SDR2 tho

kawaii.

I can't believe there's no 'here's their ordinary daily lives in the year they were at hope academy' manga. (Or alternate universe manga maybe to take away from the whole 'actually these two are planning to kill everyone else later' thing)

I guess everybody moved on to SDR2 tho

Haven't seen any AU manga yet but there are fun stories like 4koma collections and anthologies of them not killing each other.

I don't know if they talked about it much on slink fm (haven't finished it yet) but the whole idea of s.linking with potential murderers AND victims is so damn cool.

And cruel all things considered. You hear about their hopes and dreams while touching music plays, and then they either get killed or you send them to their deaths.

Einbroch

Banned
I think Hina's voice adds a lot to why I like her. It really matches what I thought her voice would sound like when I saw the art.

The "Ok!" gets me every time.

And cruel all things considered. You hear about their hopes and dreams while touching music plays, and then they either get killed or you send them to their deaths.

Chihiro: *during last free time event* I want to be strong! Who do you think could help me with that?
Makoto: Why not try with Mondo?
Chihiro: *gets killed by Mondo*
Makoto: Fuck

Chihiro: *during last free time event* I want to be strong! Who do you think could help me with that?
Makoto: Why not try with Mondo?
Chihiro: *gets killed by Mondo*
Makoto: Fuck

If you really think about it, Makoto does send some characters to their deaths based off his actions.

Chihiro, Ishimaru, I guess Maizono, probably Sakura for not telling people, Kirigiri for telling people

MAKOTO RUINS EVERYTHING

Jintor

Makoto was the secret ultimate despair.

So with School Mode, what's the deal with ticket dates. Any point me trying to max them one by one? I don't know what I need for 'endings', or whatever.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's been hard, but I managed to come across some more DR fanart

At this point, maybe 30% of the reason why I want to beat DR2 has to do with being able to search up fanart.

That's adorable.

I think Hina's voice adds a lot to why I like her. It really matches what I thought her voice would sound like when I saw the art.

The "Ok!" gets me every time.

Yeah, the voice really matches her upbeat personality. Her VA did a great job capturing it.

PK Gaming

All the VAs are pretty good imho, but I rather like Sakuras. (And Byakuya's, obviously, haha)

Hah. I recognised retro immediately

Dude, I was going through my Tumblr archive and I found this:

tumblr_mqbb5gnIAG1rpyb5jo2_r1_500.png

(I’ll be unclean, I’ll be obscene, you’ll be the rest)

I also found this:

tumblr_mlbo5n0uf41qkga2ko1_500.jpg

(I think I reblogged this because I assumed she was an artist's interpretation of female Yu)

I'm a danger to myself.

Top Bottom