• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

789shadow

Banned
Guys, what word am I looking for in the second Hangman's Gambit during the Sixth Trial? I know how she did it but I can't think of the word.

Taka's story ending abruptly made me suspect he was the one who hadn't actually been killed somehow. They just did the Kyomondo thing and I was sure that new development meant he was safe for at least another chapter or so.

Spike Chunsoft just wanted those despair induced tears. ;_;

Guys, what word am I looking for in the second Hangman's Gambit during the Sixth Trial? I know how she did it but I can't think of the word.

Uhhhhhh, what letters do you have already?

PKrockin

Those last two Hangman's Gambits had me stumped for a few moments too. I just couldn't think of that specific word for a while. I was thinking "imposter", "body double" "doppleganger", etc.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The last two hangman's gambit were a little hard for me because i set the hardest difficulty(only one or two known letters) and English is not my mother language, but i used a trick, the minigame is timed, so even if the letters appearing are random, the right letter to use should appear more often than the others, and that's how i figured out the words.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Schizo confused me the most. I believe they used the verb hijack in regard to the broadcasts before so I found that one instantly.

PKrockin

I think schizo was the hardest one for me well mostly because it was the only word that didn't jump out at me.

That one confused me too since Schizophrenia is totally separate from Dissociative Identity Disorder ("split personality").

I saw that the PSP fan translation has you enter "DID".

PK Gaming

IIRC the 2 letters they give you for Schizo were H & I, which meant you had to do trial and error for the first few letters.

Meanwhile in One Piece (Chapter 739)

bWK81lW.jpg

Acosta

Schizo confused me the most. I believe they used the verb hijack in regard to the broadcasts before so I found that one instantly.

Same for me... hijack was easy for me.

BTW, is there anyone who didn't see "LEON" right away in the first case, I was mad hearing everyone talking numbers when it was super obvious, I actually saw LEON before the numbers...

I can't wait for the next one, that was great.

Trigger

BTW, is there anyone who didn't see "LEON" right away in the first case, I was mad hearing everyone talking numbers when it was super obvious, I actually saw LEON before the numbers...

It was pretty painfully obvious. I was surprised it wasn't the first thing brought up during the trial honestly.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, that was about the least subtle thing they did in the entire game. Don't know if they wanted to make the first case especially easier than the rest.

I can write off the 11307 thing as a Japanese language thing since numbers =/= letters, but the whole IS KIRIGIRI A GHOST is probably even more stupid to have to go through with.

kewlmyc

I chalk the "11037" thing to Leon's name never being displayed in English in the Japanese version. If all you knew was the Kanji/Romanji for Leon, I could see how that case would be not so obvious.

I can write off the 11307 thing as a Japanese language thing since numbers =/= letters, but the whole IS KIRIGIRI A GHOST is probably even more stupid to have to go through with.

Yeah, that's why Hagakure is on my bottom 3 characters. I mean, seriously? This guy survived over Chihiro or Ishimaru?

PKrockin

That's just Hiro being a moron. The other characters are like "we shouldn't have to say this, but..."

Meanwhile the 11037 deal is apparently one of those twists that's so shocking and unexpected that the game lets Kyoko spoil it for you, like anyone besides the Ultimate Detective could crack this riddle of the Sphinx.

Anyone who's not blind should have figured it out easily. Of course then I showed it to my sister to show her how ridiculously easy the first case is and she didn't get it... I don't know, man. I just don't know.

I guess I can forgive it since I'm sure it was harder for the Japanese. It's pretty annoying as an English speaker though.

I will happily admit that I didn't see it. I kind of made it point to not decipher whatever it is that was written there on purpose, though; not that it would have mattered, I had already forgotten Leon's name by the time I was accusing him in the trial, to the point when we finally arrived at the conclusion I was like "...wait, there's no character with the name Leon, is there?" then had to look up the profiles to confirm it.

I made myself pretty dumb for that first trial, but I had fun with it, so that's what counts. lol

All the Leon name stuff means to me is that again, DR Abridged's characterization of Sayaka as a weaboo jackass is 100% accurate

And after reading the manga, the situation with Leon and Sayaka is much sadder. She's also the weakest willed of all the students, really.

AND LEON GOT HOSED

HIFUMI WAS DEAD EVEN THOUGH HE WASN'T LATER AND WE ALL SAW HIM NOT BE DEAD

Oh there's that too. But to be fair, I'm sure everyone was just in dismay over Ishimaru's death.

That's just Hiro being a moron. The other characters are like "we shouldn't have to say this, but..."

Meanwhile the 11037 deal is apparently one of those twists that's so shocking and unexpected that the game lets Kyoko spoil it for you, like anyone besides the Ultimate Detective could crack this riddle of the Sphinx.

Anyone who's not blind should have figured it out easily. Of course then I showed it to my sister to show her how ridiculously easy the first case is and she didn't get it... I don't know, man. I just don't know.

I guess I can forgive it since I'm sure it was harder for the Japanese. It's pretty annoying as an English speaker though.

I mean, there's not you can do about 11037 without fundamentally changing everything to make it fit to an English speaking audience when it was primarily to a Japanese speaking audience. If someone was the Ultimate Linguist or something like that sure, it would have been something everyone would have went, Ohhhhhh, but there wasn't.

I don't think they could have changed the numbers (or wanted to) into showing Leon's name in katakana or something silly like that.

All the Leon name stuff means to me is that again, DR Abridged's characterization of Sayaka as a weaboo jackass is 100% accurate

And after reading the manga, the situation with Leon and Sayaka is much sadder. She's also the weakest willed of all the students, really.

AND LEON GOT HOSED

I find it hilarious how even the Abridged series doesn't make a lot of the cast seem out-of-character. Like, I can totally see Monokuma, Toko, Mondo, Sakura, Byakuya, etc. acting in the game like they do in the Abridged series. Just goes to show how crazy the characters are in this game that even their exaggerated personalities fall in line with them.

When is episode 4 gonna get released? =(

fek

I will happily admit that I didn't see it. I kind of made it point to not decipher whatever it is that was written there on purpose, though; not that it would have mattered, I had already forgotten Leon's name by the time I was accusing him in the trial, to the point when we finally arrived at the conclusion I was like "...wait, there's no character with the name Leon, is there?" then had to look up the profiles to confirm it.

I made myself pretty dumb for that first trial, but I had fun with it, so that's what counts. lol
Same, I avoided paying too much attention to the message. I only try to decipher this kind of thing when the game forces me to, so I can get surprised when the time comes.

I find it hilarious how even the Abridged series doesn't make a lot of the cast seem out-of-character. Like, I can totally see Monokuma, Toko, Mondo, Sakura, Byakuya, etc. acting in the game like they do in the Abridged series. Just goes to show how crazy the characters are in this game that even their exaggerated personalities fall in line with them.

I imagine Episode 4 is NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR A SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT to ever get released.

PKrockin

Speaking of case 1, wasn't Makoto's room roughed up a bit too much for what happened? There sure were a lot of cuts all over the place. They seemed to be made by the sword. If it's the Ultimate Baseball Star with a sword vs. the Ultimate Pop Star with a knife, the fight probably wouldn't have lasted too long before he breaks her wrist and forces her in the bathroom...

I mean, there's not you can do about 11037 without fundamentally changing everything to make it fit to an English speaking audience when it was primarily to a Japanese speaking audience. If someone was the Ultimate Linguist or something like that sure, it would have been something everyone would have went, Ohhhhhh, but there wasn't.

I don't think they could have changed the numbers (or wanted to) into showing Leon's name in katakana or something silly like that.
Yeah. Localization is tough.

Yup, and the portrayal of Makoto as the biggest bitch in the world is the most accurate adaptation ever :p

Sadly, since the game is out now, I bet they abandon it

RE: Makoto's room, that is all from Sayaka going knife crazy, not Leon with the sword. He kept trying to avoid her, then made his way to the sword.

PK Gaming

So in a brazen act of stupidity, I decided to go to the DR forum on Gfaqs and search for stuff. (mind you, i'm not trying to mock Gfaqs or anything like that, but that forum is filled with unmarked spoilers)

Fortunately, I didn't get spoiled and I came across some interesting info.

SuperPunx64 said:
I was browsing the DR forum at NISA forums a few days ago and a poster there put up some small info on the executions from Spike Chunsoft and I though you guys might like so here ya go. All credit goes to Mirai from the NISA Danganronpa Forum.

EDIT: Also SolitaireD who brought this info to light to begin with!

Kuwata Leon:
The game's staff was sick of his design (this is because Leon was the initial design for the male cast) and personality. Hence, he was picked as the first to be executed. 11037 baseballs were fired. Monokuma made sure that they do not hit the heart area to avoid immediate death.

Oowada Mondo:
The truth behind the butter: He died when the veins in his head burst, and his brain juices exploded. The brain juice and fats became the butter. The rest of the body became plastic, which is used to make the container. The electric shocks prevented him from fainting during the process. Monokuma ate all the butter.

Yasuhiro Taeko:
A Marie Antoinette style burning - an ending of her dreams. The firetruck is meant for her to despair from not having her dreams fulfilled. Monokuma quenching the fire at the end shows that her hopes are extinguished.

Alter Ego:
Decimation of a laptop = Making real life computer addicts feel despair when they imagine their own keyboards being crashed.
Note: Alter Ego commented that it tickles when Naegi typed his conversation with him. So...

Naegi Makoto/Kirigiri Kyoko:
Naegi/Kirigiri was not bounded to their seats.(This surprised me) So they have the chance to escape. But they could not do so as they are in class. An allusion to how a typical student will not suddenly stand up from their seat during class when not called upon. The detention block symbolizes heavy pressure that students faced. And in Japanese, detention means driving knowledge into the head.
(edited this one a bit at the end to avoid gamefaqs freaking out trying to post japanese.)

Enoshima Junko:
At the very last second, the detention block paused for a moment. At this point, there is a change in Enoshima Junko's expression. This is her getting bored of being executed, just as she is bored with her personalities, her life, everything. This is in contrary to what many gamers thought of : that it is to let her think that she might not be executed.

*Everything was copied and pasted from various post.

Is there any truth to this? I can personally corroborate the Leon entry.

If it's true, then Mondo's execution is more terrifying than I thought.

EDIT: Re: Junko

I was way off base with that one. I thought her expression was supposed to denote confusion, but the fact that she actually got bored of the "Ultimate Execution" is freaking hilarious.

Oh right, those notes on the execution.

I remember seeing them but never got around to posting them, haha.

I do like that 11037 was used, haha.

Also, Mondo's still terrifying.

Jesus Christ @ Mondo's. When put that way, it makes Dead Space look like babby's first horror game... o_0

It's neat to learn the reason for the electric shocks, too. I was always confused as to what they were supposed to be doing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I always thought the Mondo one was rather weird, but man, now that it's sunk in & given a lot more thought, that one's actually pretty damn brutal.

....though wasn't it 1,000 baseballs fired at Leon? Hence the name of his execution, "The 1,000 Blow"? Not to mention on the OST included with the LE, the music that plays is called "The Unforgettable 1,000 Blows".

...speaking of the OST, seems rather redundant to have BOTH Kyoko & Makoto's execution songs on there, considering they're mainly the same, save for the fact the Makoto version is 20 seconds longer due to him surviving.

kewlmyc

So in a brazen act of stupidity, I decided to go to the DR forum on Gfaqs and search for stuff. (mind you, i'm not trying to mock Gfaqs or anything like that, but that forum is filled with unmarked spoilers)

I was way off base with that one. I thought her expression was supposed to denote confusion, but the fact that she actually got bored of the "Ultimate Execution" is freaking hilarious.

Wow that's fucked up. I wish I could read Japanese, the artbook is probably full of stuff like this.

Which one of the deaths hit you the hardest?

To be quite honest, I did not really mind any of the deaths. I didn't really make too much of a connection with any of the characters but I guess the initial swerve of Maizono being the first death did affect me although Kirigiri taking her place as the main character's "assistant" nipped that in the bud.

If Asahina died, I think she would be my #1. Kirigiri, too.

Chihiro, of course. Ishimaru and Sakura are up there, too.

Mondo's execution was also kind of depressing, considering the circumstances.

PK Gaming

It speaks volumes that Kyoko's pseudo death hit me the hardest

EDIT: How could I forget about poor CHIHIRO

His death was by far the worst

Mondo's, for me. I was still in denial, so it hit me hard even though he arguably deserved his fate (albeit maybe not in such a brutal fashion).

Damn, how could I forget Chihiro...

To be honest, I guess in the end I expected Chihiro to die? lol.

Now, on the other hand I did not expect Asahina and Hagakure to live...

Should be no question for me but of course Ishimaru's.

Chihiro's, Sakura's and Mondo's are the next ones on the list.

Oh might as well put in a good word for Leon's since I wasn't too happy to see him die either.

LX_Theo

Banned

14-fukawa1.jpg

Wow, Toko. What was going on there?

Top Bottom