• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Makoto was the secret ultimate despair.

So with School Mode, what's the deal with ticket dates. Any point me trying to max them one by one? I don't know what I need for 'endings', or whatever.

The tickets dates are basically like the report cards, you rank them up and at the end you'll get a special ending with the character provided you maxed out their "Social Link". You take them to one of the places in the school and you are given three options. One option gives you a full heart, one gives half and the other is the bad selection which gives you nothing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"pretty good time" = 1/2 heart, "really good time" = 1 heart. Monokuma keeps track of your progress of how close you are to maxing them out (10 hearts). Most people seem to like the dining room, though I noticed Leon, Chihiro, & Celeste like the Rec Room, Sakura likes the Garden, Junko with the School Store, & Byakuya and Toko like the Library.

Jintor

Do I get anything for those ends, etc? I see I can only get, like a max of four complete slinks in one playthrough. Is that important?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you plan it right/use saves to get only the "really good time" responses, you can get 5 endings in one playthrough. Each ending nets you another present for your list. Really, it just helps getting as many as you can in a single playthrough so you cut down on the amount of times you gotta replay School Mode.

I was checking my Dangan Ronpa tag on tumblr for something so might as well post fanarts

tumblr_mt6u4jxEfk1r3v1leo1_500.png

http://chonen.tumblr.com/post/61349562196/sailor-syo-to-the-rescue-kill-all-the-hot-boys

tumblr_mtex14B7rQ1stf0tto1_500.png

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=38519258

tumblr_mmgb5pefFx1r0va9jo1_500.png

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=35547207

Also
tumblr_msk4bkyLkg1ry43sao1_500.png

PK Gaming

Junko getting bored of her execution is like finally getting your hands on a highly anticipated game and getting bored of it after a week of playing.

OH MY GOD YES THIS EXECUTION IS THE BEST THING EVER I'VE BEEN WAITING MY ENTIRE LIFE FOR THIS I WISH THIS COULD LAST FOREVER I'M THE LUCKIEST PERSON ALIVE

(1 minute later)

*pant* *pant*

I hate this... It's boring

Jintor

I can't handle all this fourth wall breaking in school mode. I can't.

Monokuma is the best

/edit man, school mode is awesome. It really is 'you wanted a happy ending? TAKE IT, AND SCREW THE NARRATIVE CONSEQUENCES!'

Jintor

I still think he's a little generic, but I like Makoto more the more I learn about him

By the way... I never knew that the 'peeking in the bathroom' scene was added content because I randomly got an item in the MonoMono machine. I thought it was just a random piece of the story they stuck in there for no good reason.

PK Gaming

I can't handle all this fourth wall breaking in school mode. I can't.

Monokuma is the best

/edit man, school mode is awesome. It really is 'you wanted a happy ending? TAKE IT, AND SCREW THE NARRATIVE CONSEQUENCES!'

It really is

Make sure you max out your all report cards and build the final monokuma model to get the ending. Seriously, you'll miss out if even one report card isn't maxed out.

If you're interested, the team who did the fan translation also translated this; it's called Makoto's Worst Day (or something like that)

Sounds great, do you have a link?

Jintor

Is there an ending in between the 'YOU'RE STUCK HERE FOREVERRRRR' ending and the 'YOU'RE FREE TO GO' ending? I went from failing every monokuma project to getting them all so I might have missed one if there was a 'finish the monowarrior but fail the report card check'

Should I just focus on the report cards the first time through school mode? Also, the tickets dates don't contribute to filling out the report cards do they?

PK Gaming

Is there an ending in between the 'YOU'RE STUCK HERE FOREVERRRRR' ending and the 'YOU'RE FREE TO GO' ending? I went from failing every monokuma project to getting them all so I might have missed one if there was a 'finish the monowarrior but fail the report card check'

You get the 'YOU'RE STUCK HERE FOREVERRRRR' ending even if you've created the last monokuma project (the only one that's required). The 'YOU'RE FREE TO GO' ending only unlocks if you max out everyone's report card AND if you create the last monokuma project (I stupidly decided against doing the former on my first run... zzz)

Jintor

Oh good, now to date everyone.

The reward you get is hilarious and so, so stupid. Especially after the heartfelt conversations you have (particularly with Sayaka, since
you basically end up confirming that she really DID have a crush on you, just her brain broke from Monokuma's motive dvds. And then she gives you her... stuff.
)

Of course school mode is probably non-canon, unless there's some shit going on I should know about.

I know this is the spoiler thread but I felt like I should probably leave that for people who have finished school mode with sayaka's ending.

george_us

Which one of the deaths hit you the hardest?

To be quite honest, I did not really mind any of the deaths. I didn't really make too much of a connection with any of the characters but I guess the initial swerve of Maizono being the first death did affect me although Kirigiri taking her place as the main character's "assistant" nipped that in the bud.

If Asahina died, I think she would be my #1. Kirigiri, too.
Probably Sakura's just because of the circumstances surrounding it plus the trial. Sayaka's would have hit me harder but the conversation she had with Makato regarding her life in showbiz made it pretty obvious she was either going to murder someone or be murdered herself. Junko/Mukuro's death was pretty shocking just for the sheer brutality of it.

Moonlight

Banned
Should I just focus on the report cards the first time through school mode? Also, the tickets dates don't contribute to filling out the report cards do they?
As was mentioned above, maxing out report cards is way more important. And no, the trip cards are relevant only for the Affection Meter for each character, which is utterly irrelevant to the report card progress and vice versa. And then build the Warlockuma when Monokuma asks for it.

Prioritize raising Affection via the Trip Cards on your NG+.

And try to work on raising affection for Mukuro/Junko, because her conversations are rad as fuck.

Burning through the remaining report cards I got left.

It's really a drag when all I got left are characters I don't give two hoots about.

Still enjoying school mode if anything for Monokuma saying good night to you.

So the last volume of the anime just came out and supposedly it should have almost 15 minutes more of footage in the last episode? Wonder what that'll be about.

Haven't nabbed this game yet, but not worried about spoilers. I love spoilers.

Oh! The English voice actor for Negi is the voice actor for Tiz in Bravely Default.

I interviewed him back in September of last year. Then I took until today to actually get the interview audio up.. because I'm awful. ^_______^ It was a fun interview.

Anyhow, just wanted to say that I can't wait until I have money to pick up this game and right now, I'm just reading and loving the spoilers. I'll buy and play the game on my own later and probably forget 90% of the stuff in this thread.

Just wanted to pop in and say that Tiz and Negi have the same VA.

YAY! Midnight posting tiredness GO!

what the hell is up with the cliffhanger at the end, it didn't give me any answers, so many damn questions.Still the game was aamazing and Sayaka is my waifu to bad she died dammit.

Jintor

what the hell is up with the cliffhanger at the end, it didn't give me any answers, so many damn questions.Still the game was aamazing and Sayaka is my waifu to bad she died dammit.

I see you choose despair.

I just noticed that Aoi's sprite in school mode is the only one that has pixelated breast outlines when sleeping. That's... weird.

Jintor

If you look closely, toko actually has a single pixel on her face that seems to represent her... drool =/

Monokuma's pixel artists working overtime.

/edit fucking autocorrect turned monokuma into Nokia. Wtf

I still haven't quite gotten over just how awesome it is that it's not entirely uncommon to find an anime I want to watch is already available on someplace like Hulu. Digging in tonight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, you can watch the entire (subbed) series on Funimation's site for free (to which they use Hulu), which is rather cool. They even have an ad for the game up with a link to GameStop (though it should be updated since it says "pre-order").

Something of note I noticed after I described the game to people at work:

... They probably should have went with something besides The Blackened :p

Top Bottom