• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

789shadow

Banned
BTB represents basically you just trying to break through someone going "LALALA I'M NOT LISTENING"

I found it pretty easy, but I just hated the repeated vocal samples. They're terrrrrrrrrrrrible
Should have just had all the vocal samples literally be "LALALA I'M NOT LISTENING LALALA."

PK Gaming

I have no idea what it's supposed to be representing. The opponent is just throwing unfriendly words out at Makoto, I guess, and Makoto just sits there and tries not to let the bullying get to him until he finally decides to bring up the proof?

The repeated sound bites get annoying after a while.

Once hyper mode is activated it's not exciting at all, just button mashing. That takes up like half the fight.

Makoto's "This should prove it!" in English sounds unusually nasally and uncool, and the opponent's shocked sprite twitching back and forth and retreating looks kind of odd.

It's a 2 player dance competition

I refuse to accept any other interpretation

Makoto's "This should prove it!" in English sounds unusually nasally and uncool, and the opponent's shocked sprite twitching back and forth and retreating looks kind of odd.

Well yeah, Papenbrook didn't have the role down as well as Ogata. She sounded badass during both the BTB and Climax Interferences.

Zephyx

I found Makoto's VA inconsistent at times, especially when the scene involves portrayal of intense emotions. However, I still think he was able to redeem himself at the end (his deliveries were outstanding at this point, imo). Out of all the voices, he was the one I disliked the most. Hope the protag in the sequel has a better personality or VA.

789shadow

Banned
I found Makoto's VA inconsistent at times, especially when the scene involves portrayal of intense emotions. However, I still think he was able to redeem himself at the end (his deliveries were outstanding at this point, imo). Out of all the voices, he was the one I disliked the most. Hope the protag in the sequel has a better personality or VA.
Well, Hajime Hinata is a LOT snarkier than Naegi, and JYB is confirmed to be voicing a character (knock on wood)

honestly i liked how hopelessly nerdy makoto sounds

the super lame "this will prove it!" at the end of the first BTB caught me totally off guard and it was hilarious

and "you're so full of... SHIT!" was amazing too

Jintor

The main problem with Makoto was that I immediately associate Bryce with Kirito from that Ultimate Super-Duper Worst Thing Ever Happened show Sword Art Online.

Doesn't matter what role he's taking, he's Kirito immediately. (Doesn't help most of his roles I've seen him in so far have been stock generic protagonist roles)

LiK

Makoto was definitely the weakest link. Felt like the guy wasn't getting some of the lines right. I liked his Closing Arguments performances but everything else was hit or miss.

Jintor

To be fair, all the lines written for the soundbarks at the end of minigames are terrible compared to the grand master of short line barks, Phoenix Wright.

The more words you add, the crappier they get

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

the super lame "this will prove it!" at the end of the first BTB caught me totally off guard and it was hilarious

I thought the full of shit line was pretty weak, it was like hearing someone who was completely sheltered cursing for the first time.

Maybe that was the point? I dunno.

Zephyx

Well, Hajime Hinata is a LOT snarkier than Naegi, and JYB is confirmed to be voicing a character (knock on wood)

Just checked JYB's previous works. This guy's good. Don't have any idea with the personality of the sequel's protagonist but as long as the voice behind him will be good, I'll be happy.

Though, I really wish Makoto was a bit more confident. He would've more impact to some events if there was a little more resolve in his personality. It doesn't help that he sounds like a child or a little girl at some scenes.

kewlmyc

Yeah, I wasn't fond of Bryce as Makoto. Probably had the weakest delivery of all the English VA, which sucks since he's the protag.

I really hope he doesn't fuck up Nagito.

Yeah, I wasn't fond of Bryce as Makoto. Probably had the weakest delivery of all the English VA, which sucks since he's the protag.

I really hope he doesn't fuck up Nagito.

I don't have much hope that he'll do a stellar job.

At best, it could probably be passable with hoping already getting into the right voice for the character at the start.

PK Gaming

Bryce was alright

He had trouble controlling his pitch, so Makoto sometimes across as squeaky, but Makoto's a herbivore, so the fact that he sounds like a dweeb fits perfectly. I just wish Bryce was more consistent.

Give and take...?!?

Jintor

THEINTERNETHASLEFTMEINDESPAIR-1.gif

you're not supposed to do that you're supposed to stay FAR FAR AWAY from the wiki

I thought they'd at least tag the sprite galleries correctly, goddamnit. I can't tumblr search reference material after all

Lookin for anything Danganronpa related will spoil you on DR2. I saw two images that are not that spoilerish for me but with context seem kinda of a big deal.

RedBoot

I thought the full of shit line was pretty weak, it was like hearing someone who was completely sheltered cursing for the first time.

Maybe that was the point? I dunno.

I think it was the point. This game actually makes good use of cursing instead of just peppering it throughout at random. The only time anyone curses in this game is if they:

a) Are Mondo
b) Have completely lost their shit

It was a nice way to bring emphasis to some of the "freakouts."

I can't wait to talk Super Dangan Ronpa 2 spoilers with you guys, really.

Now that game had a death that hit me hard. ._.

you're right

rip fatogami ;_;7

i'm almost wondering if a series discussion thread would be a good idea because lots of people seem really eager to talk about DR2 and it'd probably be best to keep that as far away from here as possible. i'm just worried that might be spreading discussion too thin, or there might not be much demand. and there's also the fact that there's only 2 games so far but i guess there's lots of other media too

also don't quote this post because DR2 spoilers

Dresden

Only death that hit me hard was Kyoko's bad end in case 5. That was hard to watch.

fucking lol @ the conclusion though. Just felt bad for Asahina at that point.

kewlmyc

Only death that hit me hard was Kyoko's bad end in case 5. That was hard to watch.

The most accurate portrayal if you take a bunch of high-schoolers and trap them in a remote location for years.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I'm wondering how Toko bit the dust. But yeah, having Makoto's, Hiro's AND Byakuya's children?

PK Gaming

You know, one thing that bugged about DR1 was how needlessly redundant it got at times. I mean there was usually a Non-stop debate for everything.

Hiro: So where were you at 8:45 last night?
Aoi: I dunno... I went to go use the bathroom?
Hiro: Is that where you really went?
Aoi: Yes!

(Non-stop trial begins)

Hiro: Hina's the killer! She killed the victim, then stuffed hid their body in the bathroom!
Aoi: No! I just went to the bathroom and that's it!!!
Hiro: So...! Number 1 or Number 2?
Aoi: You're foul!
Byakuya: ...Idiots.
Makoto: (I just have to prove that Hina went to the bathroom, oh I know I'll just use that piece of testimony)

PKrockin

You know, one thing that bugged about DR1 was how needlessly redundant it got at times. I mean there was usually a Non-stop debate for everything.

Hiro: So where were you at 8:45 last night?
Aoi: I dunno... I went to go use the bathroom?
Hiro: Is that where you really went?
Aoi: Yes!

(Non-stop trial begins)

Hiro: Hina's the killer! She killed the victim, then stuffed hid their body in the bathroom!
Aoi: No! I just went to the bathroom and that's it!!!
Hiro: So...! Number 1 or Number 2?
Aoi: You're foul!
Byakuya: ...Idiots.
Makoto: (I just have to prove that Hina went to the bathroom, oh I know I'll just use that piece of testimony)

I wish that somehow, the entire trial was Nonstop Debate.

Dresden

Losing Toko really screws them over in terms of the gene pool, though. They would have had a shot at building a mildly genetically diverse community otherwise.

Dunno, it'd be an incredibly terrifying experience to actually diversify that genepool. Imagine what happens if she sneezes while doing it.

Top Bottom