• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Yeah, every single character has an execution designed, hell even some of the DR2 culprits have alternate executions (for some reason Makoto's execution was grouped with the DR2 cast's and no that doesn't mean anything spoilery before anyone asks). The unused one for the DR2 main character is somehow even more nonsensical than Mondo's if you can believe that.

Sadly I think that's the only unused execution that has a fananimation like that.

Edit: Ok, almost all of the DR2 cast, like 5 people don't have an execution for some reason.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, thanks.

I don't know why, but I get a ZA WARUDO vibe from that Toko one with the roller just dropping out of nowhere....also can't help but imagine the water in the tank for Aoi's execution looking like pink lemonade after the curtain drew back.

Man, I can't wait to see what they came up with in DR2 for the deaths.

Yeah, every single character has an execution designed, hell even some of the DR2 culprits have alternate executions (for some reason Makoto's execution was grouped with the DR2 cast's and no that doesn't mean anything spoilery before anyone asks). The unused one for the DR2 main character is somehow even more nonsensical than Mondo's if you can believe that.

Sadly I think that's the only unused execution that has a fananimation like that.

Edit: Ok, almost all of the DR2 cast, like 5 people don't have an execution for some reason.

Speaking of which, do you have any links listing the SDR2 ones? I so far only found some images of them on pivix and tumblr but doesn't really describe them.

A PM could be fine to not drown this thread in more SDR2 spoilers, upupupupu

PK Gaming

If you have a Tumblr account and you haven't beaten DR2 I strongly recommend downloading this extension

It hides posts based on the tags you've blacklisted. I pretty much blacklisted everything related to DR2.

tumblr_n1cbpiqKGo1sodkzdo2_250.png
tumblr_n1cbpiqKGo1sodkzdo1_250.png

Jintor

most light novel translations i've read are kind of crappy tbh (fan or otherwise). I don't know if it's the source material or the translators. But given that I liked the DR official translation, I figure I might as well wait.

Might read Zero though since that's not getting a translation.

Seriously though, Spike Chunsoft, cross over 999 and Dangan Ronpa already

Just finiched the game. I just can't even.

So.

Things I don't get :

- Is that an explosion when they finally open the door ?
- That last scene : does it mean the true mastermind is the headmaster ?
- What is this "what if mode" ?

It feels so bittersweet :(

Lusankya

Things I don't get :

- Is that an explosion when they finally open the door ?
- That last scene : does it mean the true mastermind is the headmaster ?
- What is this "what if mode" ?

1. Nope
2. Nope, it's Junko. The scene only shows that Monokuma is still operational (back then hinting at a sequel).
3. Alternative scenario, will be readable in DR2:
Naegi gets the Escape Switch from the Monomono Machine right at the beginning when they're exploring Hope's Peak. However, it's a dummy that triggers the return of his stolen memories.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
EDIT:
damn you hotlinking!

And this because is cute
tumblr_mkarvvcxPa1s9tlfqo1_500.jpg

I will pretend she is Mukuro...
tumblr_inline_msv2izNeuk1qz4rgp.jpg

shots from another episode starring everyone's favorite serial killer
4f629b577904d584f9e4cc70df2d6d7c1380321038_full.png

7c0409581e9cc1c5a073c48abc8311be1380320984_full.jpg

Mine was bowling. >_>

Some Mukuro, because she's awesome.

And everyone's favorite meme.

YOsQWyb.jpg
Man anything could become a meme these days :\

Dresden

Read through IF, and there's a (minor?) spoiler for something non-Danganronpa 1 near the end. People trying to go into the second game blind should just avoid it until the official release.

Thought it was amusing that due to the fan translation being based on the Korean version of the story, there's no honorifics and the translator added them in later whenever he or she could. Some people crave that Authentic Japanese Experience, I suppose. Pretty darn readable otherwise though.

Read through IF, and there's a (minor?) spoiler for something non-Danganronpa 1 near the end. People trying to go into the second game blind should just avoid it until the official release.

Thought it was amusing that due to the fan translation being based on the Korean version of the story, there's no honorifics and the translator added them in later whenever he or she could. Some people crave that Authentic Japanese Experience, I suppose. Pretty darn readable otherwise though.

I read it, but I can't recall any spoiler that someone would want to avoid.

Dresden

#1 girl if Junko hadn't offed her so soon ;_;

I read it, but I can't recall any spoiler that someone would want to avoid.

How they'll have to return to the school eventually for the memory cure. Can't remember the specifics, skimmed ahead quickly past that.

#1 girl if Junko hadn't offed her so soon ;_;

How they'll have to return to the school eventually for the memory cure.

Ah. Though it's not clear that it's a spoiler, but I'm completely ignorant of Danganronpa 2. And even then, IF is bundled with DR2, reading it first is probably fine.

Dresden

Ah. Though it's not clear that it's a spoiler, but I'm completely ignorant of Danganronpa 2. And even then, IF is bundled with DR2, reading it first is probably fine.

I figure that if people are putting in the effort to go in blind, they may as well avoid this one too until then. Not sure if it ends up being a real spoiler, but it's better to be careful.

Jintor

I'm very curious as to what Mukuro and Junko's home life was like (especially given Mukuro took time off to go be the ultimate soldier as well)

GamerJM

Banned
I'm very curious as to what Mukuro and Junko's home life was like (especially given Mukuro took time off to go be the ultimate soldier as well)

I tried imagining it and the whole thing seemed sort of unusual and out there for me. I mean, they're the Despair twins, they only see and desire despair, etc......shouldn't their parents do something about that? Why did no one notice this and do something about it before they did what they did? I might be missing something, or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

I tried imagining it and the whole thing seemed sort of unusual and out there for me. I mean, they're the Despair twins, they only see and desire despair, etc......shouldn't their parents do something about that? Why did no one notice this and do something about it before they did what they did? I might be missing something, or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

I don't think we're meant to believe that they had a loving family. Mukuro's a child soldier, their home must have been fucked up.

Top Bottom