• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

DNAbro

So I finally got to play the game. I went in knowing everything that happened thanks to the anime but I still enjoyed it a ton. Definitely a lot more satisfying doing everything yourself and actually pointing out the contradictions. Had to borrow my brother's vita to play it but because I'm so hyped for the sequel I'm 1000% sure im going to buy one before the second comes out. Will probably get one of the slim vitas when it comes out.

Also the ending with Makoto being the Ultimate Hope and shooting hope at people cements him as my favorite character.

PK Gaming

So I finally got to play the game. I went in knowing everything that happened thanks to the anime but I still enjoyed it a ton. Definitely a lot more satisfying doing everything yourself and actually pointing out the contradictions. Had to borrow my brother's vita to play it but because I'm so hyped for the sequel I'm 1000% sure im going to buy one before the second comes out. Will probably get one of the slim vitas when it comes out.

Also the ending with Makoto being the Ultimate Hope and shooting hope at people cements him as my favorite character.

high-five-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-692.gif

oh my god

every one of these is amazing. I want them

There are three volumes currently out for them.

Here's what is it called in Japanese: ダンガンロンパ希望の学園と絶望の高校生4コマKINGS

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Not only that, she likes rations, futuristic guns, the FPS videogame and IIRC swords, maybe even the armor, but i didn't try that.
If you go on the store she likes to talk about armors and weapons, on the recreation room she wants an FPS and so on :)

Ahh man really? haha

I think I just kept going to the dining room because it was the only way they had in the guide to get the link up the fastest. :p

awww yiss

Jintor

Interpretations of Sakura are interesting.

tumblr_n1o3gnjE601qfxpaxo1_500.png

Obviously I think this one is cool, but it doesn't say 'Sakura' to me. (Not just because she uniform swapped with mondo)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I got the platinum and now i'm really sad :(
I would like to keep it on the memory card and play it but i have already done everything and it occupies useful space, i want more ;_;

In the opening of the game there's that punishment scene with the rocket. I haven't had the chance to re-watch it again (working on school mode ATM), but was that the headmaster in that scene?

I was thinking that only because there were bones left over afterwards and there was that box in the headmaster's secret room with the bones in it.

In the opening of the game there's that punishment scene with the rocket. I haven't had the chance to re-watch it again (working on school mode ATM), but was that the headmaster in that scene?

I was thinking that only because there were bones left over afterwards and there was that box in the headmaster's secret room with the bones in it.

Yep! Now it's even more depressing when you think about it.

Isn't the anime supposed to be terrible?

It's basically a cliff notes version of the show dropping most of the characterization and investigations from the game.

It's serviceable at the very least.

The budget does basically go to Monokuma, Junko's boobs and Ishimaru's manliness.

So you know the most important things of the game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Isn't the anime supposed to be terrible?

I saw it and imo it makes all in a hurry, it needed more episodes.
It completely skips many small or big particulars present in the game and Makoto is less important in trials compared to Byakuya and Kyoko, but if you already played the game you can try to look at it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I noticed it's only 13 episodes long, which I think probably didn't help. From what I understand, it pretty much just glances over the whole investigation part. Probably would have helped if it was 24-26 episodes in order to feel as though it could "fit" everything in.

LiK

I watched the first episode and while they managed to be faithful to the game in many scenes, they did condense a few things near the end of it already. I'm gonna watch the rest just because one thing it has is they can actually show everyone's reactions to things without forming a line like in the game.

I noticed it's only 13 episodes long, which I think probably didn't help. From what I understand, it pretty much just glances over the whole investigation part. Probably would have helped if it was 24-26 episodes in order to feel as though it could "fit" everything in.

It does, but really the investigation is probably the most sensible thing to skip over since all the evidence gets looked over again during the trials anyway.

It's probably not having the characterization that hurts it the most. But they would have to slow down the pace since 12 episodes of (optional) social links wouldn't have been good viewing.

LX_Theo

Banned
Its not terrible. The pacing is just way too fast.

Me and my friends watched the first 3 episodes last week. I noticed this. The opening and setup for everything went by SO fast. We literally had to stop the video so I could give them a quick rundown of what was going on.

Yeah, for example, the golden sword in the first case? There's no going with Sayaka to find a weapon for self defense; it's just suddenly there in Naegi's room the entire time and the whole "paint easily scrapes off" doesn't even come up during the trial.

Conan-san

It's basically a cliff notes version of the show dropping most of the characterization and investigations from the game.

It's serviceable at the very least.

The budget does basically go to Monokuma, Junko's boobs and Ishimaru's manliness.

So you know the most important things of the game.

And the Executions get some nice retouches, which is nice.

Alfredo

I feel like the anime could've been really effective at doing some cool detective show thing of letting the audience piece together the crime during the investigations, I guess sort of how it works in the game...but it just glosses over all the evidence with little to no explanation as to why it's important until the trial. "Oh, a glass ball near the incinerator, okay, whatever." For someone who hasn't already played the games, it's probably kind of frustrating how it skips over everything so fast.

I really wish more care was put into the series, but I guess one can't really expect that from a video game adaptation. Oh well. I'm still hoping for an English dub at some point with the voice cast from the game.

Also, I would LOVE to see a live action adaptation of the game. With all the crazy character designs, it'd be like the Ace Attorney movie with what looks like cosplayers playing the absolutely ridiculous events of the story completely straight. That'd be a fun watch.

Top Bottom