• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Moonlight

Banned
tumblr_mzvsdaobYE1ri8gpjo1_r1_500.png

dayum
Oh man, that's incredible.

so what was this fanservice scene patrick klepek was whining about?

its been a while since i've played the psp game and I don't recall much fanservice in this...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so what was this fanservice scene patrick klepek was whining about?

its been a while since i've played the psp game and I don't recall much fanservice in this...
If you get the Man's Fantasy item from the Monokuma Machine & play Chapter 3 having it, Makoto decides to go with the other guys & spy on the girls in the bath house. You see a event picture (which I can't seem to find online), then back to the dining hall where the guys are all "Yup, we saw the girls bathing. Today was a good day" then shifts back right to the plot without any mention of it again.

the bath scene or Asahina in her underwear scene probably.
Oh right, that part too.

Conan-san

Well, they (the first one at least) seemed like it was censored more than it was in the game, even if it got more animation and life to the movements.

Really? I can't mind them actively censoring anything (Which is surprising because a lot of the shit going down is monumentally fucked up)

But I love it when Japan animates on the ones and they ceratinly did that with the exicutions.

FStubbs

Saw a lot of thinking earlier in this thread about what Byakuya's murder would have been like, and how to unravel it.

I think it's clear from his dialog, from his assessing of Makoto's skills, and his desire to win the game, that he did have a murder plan. One he was sure of.

I think Byakuya's plan wasn't some convoluted mess like Celestia's, or some perfect frame up. I think he found a loophole in the game: he would simply wait until 2-3 players were left, and then openly do his kill. If he is the last player left, he wins the class trial by default. If it's just him and one other player, he still wins because he votes for the other player, and fails to be convicted. In that scenario, even if the other player witnesses Byakuya's killing, they can't "prove" it in the class trial.

He even may have manipulated Genocide Jill if it ever got to 4-5 to get the numbers down where he needed them.

The Sakura trial screwed up his plan because his plan relied on murders continuing to happen to get the numbers down, and after that trial it was clear there wouldn't be any more. Sure, Byakuya was changed a little by realizing his deficiency as a human being, but still. At that point, as he said, the game was over. And I think, because his strategy was shot.

That definitely does make sense. Even wait until the numbers are low enough to the point where you couldn't lose or the second option was to wait until your greatest challengers (Kirigiri and Makoto) were killed themselves.

Too bad no one bothered killing him instead before hand.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Saw a lot of thinking earlier in this thread about what Byakuya's murder would have been like, and how to unravel it.

I think it's clear from his dialog, from his assessing of Makoto's skills, and his desire to win the game, that he did have a murder plan. One he was sure of.

I think Byakuya's plan wasn't some convoluted mess like Celestia's, or some perfect frame up. I think he found a loophole in the game: he would simply wait until 2-3 players were left, and then openly do his kill. If he is the last player left, he wins the class trial by default. If it's just him and one other player, he still wins because he votes for the other player, and fails to be convicted. In that scenario, even if the other player witnesses Byakuya's killing, they can't "prove" it in the class trial.

He even may have manipulated Genocide Jill if it ever got to 4-5 to get the numbers down where he needed them.

The Sakura trial screwed up his plan because his plan relied on murders continuing to happen to get the numbers down, and after that trial it was clear there wouldn't be any more. Sure, Byakuya was changed a little by realizing his deficiency as a human being, but still. At that point, as he said, the game was over. And I think, because his strategy was shot.
Byakuya was definitely planning to murder someone, he said it himself.

You bring up an interesting point about the dwindling numbers. What would happen when there isn't enough people to continue the game? Everyone graduates? Everyone gets punished? Or the game just ends, and they have to live there forever no matter what...?

Ken

It would probably depend on whether or not the mastermind adheres to her own rules, which doesn't seem very consistent?

It would probably depend on whether or not the mastermind adheres to her own rules, which doesn't seem very consistent?

I actually wonder if she even thought that far ahead about it.

Maybe she just thought someone would do an unsolvable murder before then and she would execute everyone else before the numbers started getting too low.

DNAbro

It's fitting we are in community cause now it's mostly fanart and general talk but chances are this thread is gonna die sooner or later.

Also I have to say school mode is soooo repetitive, don't really have it in me for 2 more times.

iavi

Finished the game proper a couple days ago. fantastic game. Super excited for 2.

I do wish that your choices in who you dealt with during the free time played a larger role in the overall plotting, though--ala a lot of other VNs; have the choices change the story drastically some. I get that they wanted to tell the story they wanted to tell, but, as is, with none of them really offering all that much in the way of character development either, all the interactions felt largely superfluous. I found myself almost speeding through the free-time segments to get to the investigation segment--the real meat of the game, I think. And I went into the game expecting it to be the other way around.

Also I have to say school mode is soooo repetitive, don't really have it in me for 2 more times.

Repetitive and non-canon. I'm going to give it a single run-through and call it a case closed on Dangan Ronpa.

Alright guys, here's the last alpaca Danganronpa thing I made. I promise no more. :p

tumblr_n1zjzh1FSB1r96fbco1_1280.png

Adorable but needs a tiny ramen cup on her head now.

It's fitting we are in community cause now it's mostly fanart and general talk but chances are this thread is gonna die sooner or later.

Well being in community means we can go crazy with the fanart and such.

Hopefully I'll only need to do school mode 3? more times assuming I min/max it going for the biggest hearts increase I can find each time. And suffering through spending time with some of the worst characters in the game. ._.

DNAbro

Worst part of me doing it is doing it on my brother's account so trophies are pointless, chances are im gonna do it when I get a Vita.

Also in response to that comic, can we ship MakotoxChihiro pls

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
---------------------------------------------------------------

I remember getting spoiled about Chihiro because someone showed me a picture, of him with Chie in it, I forgot what it was. It was some This Character + this character= another character thing. So I thought, oh hey she was kinda cute, and I looked it up and lo and behold found out he was actually a he.

FStubbs

Maybe she just thought someone would do an unsolvable murder before then and she would execute everyone else before the numbers started getting too low.

Right, and Byakuya would certainly think no murder is unsolvable for him, so any murders that happen are just number reductions for him, getting him closer and closer to the magic 2-3 number.

Of course, the flip side is that she knew this would happen when the numbers got to 2-3 and wait for someone like Byakuya to realize "if I kill someone, I win, I don't even have to hide it anymore"

PK Gaming

i don't have any context for these images

tumblr_inline_n1zi3rRroM1rnfyir.jpg

tumblr_n1znu2kkHf1ri8gpjo1_500.jpg

frankly, i'll be disappointed if there is any context for them

Context: Toko's 3rd personality, Molly Muffet (a dominatrix) took over the killing game. She killed all of the girls and turned forced the remaining guys into her harem.

Maybe they all should have died.

Fine by me. If my favorite character can't survive, no one's should!

But then there would be no hope and despair can't exist without hope.

There's already no hope. It's all despair.

-----------------------------

On a side note, currently watching the extended last episode of the anime and definitely enjoying this more now that I actually recently played the game.

Japanese Junko personas' voices don't have the same fun effect as the English dub's though. I really hope they keep this when they dub it.

DNAbro

Fine by me. If my favorite character can't survive, no one's should!

There's already no hope. It's all despair.

-----------------------------

On a side note, currently watching the extended last episode of the anime and definitely enjoying this more now that I actually recently played the game.

Japanese Junko personas' voices don't have the same fun effect as the English dub's though. I really hope they keep this when they dub it.

*shoots hope bullet*

PK Gaming

Hahahahaha

Makoto: So what's your talent?
USL: Folks around here call me the Ultimate Sore Loser. I constantly whine about everything on a daily basis, and I blame everyone around me for my losses.

Cheska

I am so bummed that I had the mastermind spoiled for me. I was interested in buying the Junko/Monokuma figure since day one, and when I started the game and saw how early she "died" I started to get suspicious and ended up guessing she was behind it all ;_;

Still thought it was a great game though!

Something about his actual death being his brain bursting and the butter being made of his brain juices and other body fluids or something and the rest of his body being used to make the packaging

Top Bottom