• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Conan-san

Oh yes, that was a nice touch too.

I really did soften up on my impressions of the anime since I first watched it last summer.

Hell, I'm kinda thinking of rewatching it again too.

I've always maintained the Director, Seiji Kishi, works best when he has two full seasons to work with.

How much that would work with Dangan is a good question though (Unless a few episodes were devoted to Social Links).

Looking at the artwork gallery, who the heck is Kenshiro and Shikiba Santa?

Kenshiro is the man Sakura talks about in her Report Card. He's considered the strongest person in the world and is Sakura's rival/maybe boyfriend, but then he fell terminally ill.

Shikiba Santa is the Ultimate Botanist who created the Monokuma Flower. He is very dead.

PK Gaming

Kenshiro is the man Sakura talks about in her Report Card. He's considered the strongest person in the world and is Sakura's rival/maybe boyfriend, but then he fell terminally ill.

Shikiba Santa is the Ultimate Botanist who created the Monokuma Flower. He is very dead.

Poor guy. Junko was probably like

"I don't even need an execution for this"

(tosses him into the flower)

didn't really care about any of the other characters but hiro was great. I was worried he'd either die or there would be some dumb twist where he turned out to be smart.

kept waiting for the debbie downer music to play during the last trial.

Dugna

didn't really care about any of the other characters but hiro was great. I was worried he'd either die or there would be some dumb twist where he turned out to be smart.

kept waiting for the debbie downer music to play during the last trial.

Screw Hiro guy just wants to be friends with Naegi for money and his organs.

Oh, so finally finished my second run of school mode and got an actual ending this time and it was pretty awesome.

Usagi showing up as pretty cool but all the dialogue still has a hint of morbid/despair feeling especially if everything is still non-canon. :[

Only did three characters since I didn't realize you had two extra days after finishing the last one but oh well.

Ishimaru's was the best of course. His Trigger Happy Heart Event broke my heart. It was also pretty funny and then sad when he gets all excited over seeing the MonoMono machine and says he never used a vending machine but saw someone did. :[

I got berated by Togami for 10 heart events and now I feel like a masochist.

Not|Junko was surprisingly fun. She's so terrible trying to be Junko, especially since it was fun picking the choices you knew catered to her solider self. Made me like her a lot more.

And then I got these:
Bh3s2bSCQAEomp7.jpg
And died right afterwards.

It was only that one. Eh, I'm not sure how I feel about the anime executions, it feels like they just drew the characters normally and then added a filter over them while in the game it looks like an actual art style.

DNAbro

omg Celeste story references Liar Game. The honest women/genius man thing participating in a game of lies is basically the set up of the manga.

She talks about it when you get the menacing focus skill.

Ken

It was only that one. Eh, I'm not sure how I feel about the anime executions, it feels like they just drew the characters normally and then added a filter over them while in the game it looks like an actual art style.

Someone probably made the decision to have the characters themselves be consistent with the anime (so characters done in the more typical style) rather than just lift the executions straight out of the game.

It's all downhill form here cause nothing will top this moment.

Also just started school mode and enjoying everyone's report card stories. The building game is also kind of fun.

Yeah, all the thrill of school mode is suddenly gone from me.

I am enjoying it so far, I like the whole building minigame and I like how streamline they made it. Just kinda annoying that I pretty much save after every day so I can maximize my heart gains.

omg Celeste story references Liar Game. The honest women/genius man thing participating in a game of lies is basically the set up of the manga.

She talks about it when you get the menacing focus skill.

her life is a bunch of lies

-------------------------------------------------------------

So a nice tumblr user has started translating more of the 4komas day by day. There are SDR2 characters flying around in the posts on this tumblr, so you might not want to look too much and get maybe spoiled.

The outside world is terrifying.

I want a Mukuro avatar but it's probably too early to use one. :(

Not really. I mean assuming you aren't using something super duper spoily, most people probably wouldn't even know its her or assume it's someone from the second game or just from the same artist.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That probably has to do with how generic her design is when not in the game's distinct art style.

Yup, which is why I decided to go that route, can get away with it without it drawing attention. ;)

Although I would like it cleaned up a bit, looks kinda grimy, I think

Moonlight

Banned
I want a Mukuro avatar but it's probably too early to use one. :(
It's fine. It's not a spoiler unless you've already played the game. Then it's not a spoiler anymore. Besides, what Mukuro actually looks like is pretty immaterial to the narrative.

Jintor

Btw, forgot to ask.

Who was in the Monokumadult backup?

Well, everyone was there, so... I assume they... just alchemy'd up a person or something.

Anyway I wanted to try out the painting method they use in some of the art. Did my best to reverse engineer it, but it's not quite there.

tumblr_n1xzj4nuec1rnx5rho1_500.png

Ken

Anyway I wanted to try out the painting method they use in some of the art. Did my best to reverse engineer it, but it's not quite there.

In the scenario art? One thing that stood out to me in a few of them was a ton of small and visible brushstrokes. Almost traditional painterly-ish.

Jintor

The artstyle is one of the most fascinating things about the game. It's so subtly off in some way, but no so much that it genuinely looks bad.

Drago

So I've just finished reading all of Dangan Ronpa Zero over the last two or so days after withdrawal from beating the game. Crazy shit.
Helps quite a bit in explaining some things I didn't get about the game though I remain puzzled on a few more topics, ones I assume are answered in DR2...
Namely, who the hell is Izuru Kamukura? And I guess how despair spread across the academy and the world before the events of DR1 and perhaps after it, though I'm sure I'll get more details on the aftermath in the sequel. If I could get simple yeses or nos on them being tackled in DR2 that'd be great.. but nothing else! :p
It also further cemented that Junko is truly one extremely fucked up individual. I mean Jesus.

I need Dangan Ronpa 2 yesterday :(

DR art has some really weird proportions at times and the anatomy can be kinda fucked up. Specifically in the leg department. The series has some weird-ass legs.

So I've just finished reading all of Dangan Ronpa Zero over the last two or so days after withdrawal from beating the game. Crazy shit.
Helps quite a bit in explaining some things I didn't get about the game though I remain puzzled on a few more topics, ones I assume are answered in DR2...
Namely, who the hell is Izuru Kamukura? And I guess how despair spread across the academy and the world before the events of DR1 and perhaps after it, though I'm sure I'll get more details on the aftermath in the sequel. If I could get simple yeses or nos on them being tackled in DR2 that'd be great.. but nothing else! :p
It also further cemented that Junko is truly one extremely fucked up individual. I mean Jesus.

I need Dangan Ronpa 2 yesterday :(

Yes and yes.

Well, everyone was there, so... I assume they... just alchemy'd up a person or something.

tumblr_n1xzj4nuec1rnx5rho1_500.png

I know I've seen at least one tutorial for doing DR style drawings on Tumblr but I don't think I reblogged it...

I know Kenshiro was terminally ill, but is there anywhere that confirms he actually died?

His design is too cool to go to waste, and I'd love to see him appear in a future game. Maybe he could be the Ultimate Survivor.

I know Kenshiro was terminally ill, but is there anywhere that confirms he actually died?

His design is too cool to go to waste, and I'd love to see him appear in a future game. Maybe he could be the Ultimate Survivor.

I believe Sakura mentioned he had six months to live or so when she promised to inherit his title. I mean yeah, he could still be alive a year or two after that but who knows if they'll ever revisit it.

Also, here's an image of Sakura before she bulked up:

I believe Sakura mentioned he had six months to live or so when she promised to inherit his title. I mean yeah, he could still be alive a year or two after that but who knows if they'll ever revisit it.

They definitely should. Sakura is awesome, so it would be really cool to see the other side of that relationship. They could also work Hina into the story somehow.

And since it's a video game, they could cure his illness in a variety of ways. They can make it work.

Ken

oh my

So for SolarKnight and others that were wondering about, the extra 15 or so minutes for the final episode of the anime that was added for the DVD/BD just expands on some stuff that was glossed over in the original episode.

Of note they added:
- the relationship between Muroko and Junko
- extended version of doubt when hope is being shot out
- explain more about Junko broadcasting this to the world

From what I read, it's basically like a remake of the final episode than stuffing into some extra scenes. No SDR2 or DR0 stuff though.

GamerJM

Banned
I seriously can't get enough of her design. It's so good.

Pity we can't use her as an avatar :(

A couple people on another Forum basically did and partway through playing the game I remembered that and wondered why and was basically able to guess the twist at the end :|.

A couple people on another Forum basically did and partway through playing the game I remembered that and wondered why and was basically able to guess the twist at the end :|.
Certain sites were using fan art of Junko cuddling Monokuma for their articles about the game's localization.

Total facepalm moment.

Top Bottom