• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

DNAbro

annnnnddd......finished! Woo that was a doozy...

Now, someone explain Mondo's defeat to me? How did it become butter?

there was something earlier in the thread going in to the details of each execution, and it was something like his brain exploded and the fats and mush from it became the butter. I think it said the rest of him became the container but that really doesn't really make sense.

Don't think too much of it.

Just cry about it like the rest of us.

CGcAYQT.gif

annnnnddd......finished! Woo that was a doozy...

Now, someone explain Mondo's defeat to me? How did it become butter?

This was the explanation from Spike.

The truth behind the butter: He died when the veins in his head burst, and his brain juices exploded. The brain juice and fats became the butter. The rest of the body became plastic, which is used to make the container. The electric shocks prevented him from fainting during the process. Monokuma ate all the butter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So how did Junko survive it, then? Did the bike just happen to travel at a slow enough speed to be painful but not have that happen?

So how did Junko survive it, then? Did the bike just happen to travel at a slow enough speed to be painful but not have that happen?
Well I mean, she survived everything else too, I wouldn't say this one in particular was worse than the others.
And she seems like she survived the last one too, seeing Monokuma waking up at the end.

By the way, I love the "Upupupupupupupupu" laugh. Isn't there a moment where Junko herself uses it? I'd like to hear how the original sounds, not just through Monokuma.

By the way, I love the "Upupupupupupupupu" laugh. Isn't there a moment where Junko herself uses it? I'd like to hear how the original sounds, not just through Monokuma.

I think she does say it during the last class trial while shifting through her personas but it was the Monokuma persona so it was with the almost Monokuma voice.

I don't remember her saying it in any other voice though.

I think she does say it during the last class trial while shifting through her personas but it was the Monokuma persona so it was with the almost Monokuma voice.

I don't remember her saying it in any other voice though.
That's what I thought, it truly is a shame though.

RetroMG

Doesn't she do it right before she hits the execution button?

EDIT: Nope, never mind, she just laughs a regular laugh.

Well I mean, she survived everything else too, I wouldn't say this one in particular was worse than the others.
And she seems like she survived the last one too, seeing Monokuma waking up at the end.

While it's just speculation, I took Monokuma waking up as a reminder that "The Ultimate Despair" is more than just Junko and Mukuro. It's possible that another member of the organization was talking through that Monokuma.

I really enjoyed this game. The story played out brilliantly, betraying my expectations and feelings on many occasions. I'm hoping the sequel is just as poignant and memorable as Trigger Happy Havoc is.

Speaking of which, has anyone here played Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair? I have a question about that game, but I don't want to talk about it here as this thread is about the original game. Please send me a private message if you have, because I'd like to put a burning question of mine to rest.

While it's just speculation, I took Monokuma waking up as a reminder that "The Ultimate Despair" is more than just Junko and Mukuro. It's possible that another member of the organization was talking through that Monokuma.

Well it IS a robot

Actually, that reminds me of a question. How the fuck was Junko able to control Monokuma and then suddenly appear in the class trial considering that the courtroom is underground and the control room a couple of floors above

Well it IS a robot

Actually, that reminds me of a question. How the fuck was Junko able to control Monokuma and then suddenly appear in the class trial considering that the courtroom is underground and the control room a couple of floors above
Maybe that's the reason why Monokuma stays silent for awhile after they discover the truth?
It's not that long, but that makes the most sense to me.

Well it IS a robot

It wouldn't surprise me if there is a 4koma about how Junko jumps down a trap door or something and just slides into the courtroom and pops up.

--------------------------------------------------

This is how I imagine Muroko will exactly be like.

Well it IS a robot

Good question. I was thinking along the line of Sackboy's answer. Perhaps she could use that hatch in the control room to get to the trial room in a hurry.

What a cop out! The whole time they're hyping up the tragedy and the outside world and then we don't get any closure-_-

I enjoyed the game but I hate when I don't get closure...

What a cop out! The whole time they're hyping up the tragedy and the outside world and then we don't get any closure-_-

That's a totally understandable reaction, but I'm glad the game ended on that note. By leaving that door open, it gives the player something to think about and interpret on their own. This sort of ending doesn't always play out in a story's favor, but in this case, ending one great mystery with another worked out.

PK Gaming

Well it IS a robot

Someone needs to make a comic of her turning it off and sprinting it to the class trial (in comical fashion)

And while on this subject, why did nobody ever think "wait, Monokuma needs to be controlled remotely from some other room, so if we're all here then who the fuck is controlling the bear"

You know there's a sequel, as well as spin-offs, a prequel, and teased future entries. Multi-media franchises generally aren't very good at closure at first.

And while on this subject, why did nobody ever think "wait, Monokuma needs to be controlled remotely from some other room, so if we're all here then who the fuck is controlling the bear"

You know it's pretty short-sighted of her to have her surveillance room and her MonoMono control room to be in separate rooms even though they are connected.

She must have been running back and forth at times if someone calls for Monokuma or she notices something and needs to dash back in to comment.

You know it's pretty short-sighted of her to have her surveillance room and her MonoMono control room to be in separate rooms even though they are connected.

She must have been running back and forth at times if someone calls for Monokuma or she notices something and needs to dash back in to comment.

Maaaaaybe if she wasn't so "DESPAIR" happy and actually not kill a certain someone that person could've been doing that work for her

Tenki

I've just finished the game with the true ending (I think), having choose not to refute Kyouko's lie, so I was going to die and Alter Ego saved me. I saved the game just before I made my decision, so I could return to Chapter 5 trial and kill Kyouko so I can start Chapter 6 with a different reality (with her dead).

Should I bother to go through Chapter 6 again just to see other ending or I could just watch it from Youtube and call it a day? Is the chapter the same?

Maaaaaybe if she wasn't so "DESPAIR" happy and actually not kill a certain someone that person could've been doing that work for her

That's a good theory. I didn't think about how they may have shared some of those duties, possibly during nighttime. Also, I'm going to assume that the dining room is locked at nighttime because Junko is there eating dinner!

I've just finished the game with the true ending (I think), having choose not to refute Kyouko's lie, so I was going to die and Alter Ego saved me. I saved the game just before I made my decision, so I could return to Chapter 5 trial and kill Kyouko so I can start Chapter 6 with a different reality (with her dead).

Should I bother to go through Chapter 6 again just to see other ending or I could just watch it from Youtube and call it a day? Is the chapter the same?

I actually made the mistake of calling her lie, in which case a series of scenes plays out then loops you back to the decision.

Is it just that? I thought it was going to be an alternative ending or something :(

Yes and no. You do get to see how falling into Junko's trap affects everyone, then the game loops back to before you make that choice. It is brief, but surreal and worth checking out for curiosity's sake.

Platinum get! Final time 42:39. Whew, that was... um... a bit of a grind at the end, but... I guess I can at least do School Mode for flavor dialog without needing to worry about getting endings.

Well, I guess now I just wait for DR2... when I'm gonna do all this School Mode stuff all over again...

PK Gaming

Kyoko makes this exact observation at the end of chapter 4. She uses Makoto as bait to test her hypothesis, remember?

There's a Monokuma in the surveillance room. She uses that particular Monokuma to check up on everyone, so there's no need to run back and forth.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to do another trial or two to get 999 coins and the no damage cheevo/noise cheevo. What's recommended?
The first trial will net you about 110 coins in about 5-10-ish minutes, especially if you fast forward through everything & have a guide to remind you of the answers. That one should be good for no damage as well

As for noise, I think Chapter 5 or 6 tends to be the best. Make sure you equip skills that make the trial segments last longer.

There's a Monokuma in the surveillance room. She uses that particular Monokuma to check up on everyone, so there's no need to run back and forth.

So she uses a Monokuma to spy on the surveillance room to spy on everyone else...

I don't remember but was there ever any mention of how many Monokumas can pop up at once?

It still seems like a waste of effort since you'll either not always be spying or not always walking around as an adorable bear.

PK Gaming

But not when it would've been relevant to the class trial though

Err, which class trial? I don't remember the context.

So she uses a Monokuma to spy on the surveillance room to spy on everyone else...

I don't remember but was there ever any mention of how many Monokumas can pop up at once?

It still seems like a waste of effort since you'll either not always be spying or not always walking around as an adorable bear.

Well, you outright see it in the game. During every nightly announcement, Monokuma is seen swirling his wine glass in the surveillance room. You also see him talking to Sakura there as well.

It's not really a wasted effort, because it lets Junko monitor everyone and switch between Monokuma's. The alternative is controlling Monokuma for a bit, then running back out to to check the surveillance. It's too inefficient otherwise.

Jintor

Doing the platinum. Forgot how fucking cool the climax inference artwork is. Sayaka in case one looks so damn desperate.

Yeah, I wish there were clean versions of the Climax Inference art available. It's not necessarily the best art (I found the quality of the Climax Inference art much improved in the second game) but it's just cool to see the characters in the heat of the moment looking fucking terrified or totally deranged.

also man this past page has been full of lots of adorable stuff. They didn't have to make the cast of kids they put through hell and slowly kill off so damn cute.

Jintor

Damnit, I had some sort of joke idea about Mukuro while I was on the train today but now I've forgotten it. I remember clearly thinking that it'd be easy to illustrate, too.

The descriptions they give for the s.link school mode rewards are hilarious.
Mukuro's are 'surprisingly utiltarian, and also surprisingly bullet-proof, knife-proof and explosion-proof, but oddly not spear-proof'

PK Gaming

Damnit, I had some sort of joke idea about Mukuro while I was on the train today but now I've forgotten it. I remember clearly thinking that it'd be easy to illustrate, too.

The descriptions they give for the s.link school mode rewards are hilarious.
Mukuro's are 'surprisingly utiltarian, and also surprisingly bullet-proof, knife-proof and explosion-proof, but oddly not spear-proof'

Sayaka's are by far the funniest

Courtesy of Moonlight

Top Bottom