• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Sorian

Banned
I'd say Celestia's ending was a bit sincere. Primarily because Makoto became more of a secretary for her than a love interest with her, lol.

Her dream was to bang the hired help though so Makoto was probably in a good place. Is it bad that I'd like to be one of Celeste's "knights?"

It's kind of clear that the character endings in school mode somehow make Makoto out to be a super pimp that all the ladies want but Hina's was really the only one that felt sincere to me and yes, I am a bit biased because she is best waifu but I think it helped that hers pulled inspiration from the report card conversations which were actually canon unlike the school mode stuff.

Well yeah, that's pretty much school mode ending. You end up being lovers, partners, whatever else you want to be as the audience surrogate to your character of choice as they get to escape in this not-canon fantasy.

If I remember the report card correctly, she liked Makoto because she thinks of herself as really, really weird (so insecure) and she feels like she can be herself around Makoto.

Makes sense, I guess it's all on her end and not the other way around.

So is Danganronpa IF and the Danganronpa manga going to come with SDR2?

I already read both, and they are really good. Though the translation for the manga hasn't been finished and it doesn't seem it will.

IF yes, cause it was included with the second game.

Probably not the manga since that's a separate thing. And NISA hasn't dipped its toes into manga publishing yet.

I think Hina's, Kyoko's, and Mukuro's feelings are the sincere ones going by School Mode.

There's also Toko, though how much of that is a delusion on her part and on your part of being unable to say no is up to debate. Too bad you couldn't romance Jill since that would be more interesting.

DaBoss

I'd say Celestia's ending was a bit sincere. Primarily because Makoto became more of a secretary for her than a love interest with her, lol.
That's true lol.
IF is confirmed to be included with the localized version of SDR2. It's in the game itself.
Alright, that's awesome.

I hope they do the manga as well. It was really interesting seeing the perspective of the things that happened from the perspective of the other characters. The translation ended off in the best part, Kyoko's perspective. :(

And that was done in July 2013 or something, so it seems to have stopped.
Her dream was to bang the hired help though so Makoto was probably in a good place. Is it bad that I'd like to be one of Celeste's "knights?"
lol

Sorian

Banned
lol. Depends on how much of a masochist you are?

How much of a masochist do I really need to be? It seemed like end-game for her was just hanging out. I'd probably be required to get her drinks and give her some rub-downs. Doesn't seem like a bad gig.

LX_Theo

Banned
How much of a masochist do I really need to be? It seemed like end-game for her was just hanging out. I'd probably be required to get her drinks and give her some rub-downs. Doesn't seem like a bad gig.

I'm not even going to try to pin down how much. Trying to quantify masochism in the first place would be hard enough, lol.

Hanging out, get her tea, get said tea splashed in your face, dress up as a vampire, have her sit on you like a chair, wear red contacts, etc, etc.

Sorian

Banned
Hanging out, get her tea, get said tea splashed in your face, dress up as a vampire, have her sit on you like a chair, wear red contacts, etc, etc.

Well don't make the tea wrong in the first place, glad she killed that walking stereotype anyway. Otherwise, none of that is really too bad except for the chair one (is there any indication that she actually does that?).

Shahadan

Bought a Vita for this game, just finished it. Kinda disappointed tbh, but whatever. Still had a good time.

I just wonder how can I fill up the report cards? Do I need to start again? Or is it doable in school life mode (I don't know what it is yet :p)
I somehow managed to start working on the wrong relationships everytime at the wrong time :lol:

Trigger

Bought a Vita for this game, just finished it. Kinda disappointed tbh, but whatever. Still had a good time.

I just wonder how can I fill up the report cards? Do I need to start again? Or is it doable in school life mode (I don't know what it is yet :p)
I somehow managed to start working on the wrong relationships everytime at the wrong time :lol:

School mode gives you the time to finish the report cards.

Everyone you tried to befriend ends up dying it sounds like.

School mode is the best place to fill up report cards. It's basically a half relationship sim/half resource management or whatever mode.

Shahadan

Ok great, will try! Thanks !

Everyone you tried to befriend ends up dying it sounds like.

Precisely ! That was really frustrating (although funny at the same time), and worst of all, the final survivors are all those I wanted dead during the first hours D:
(or had just no interest in whatsoever, I'm not that cruel)

Precisely ! That was really frustrating (although funny at the same time), and worst of all, the final survivors are all those I wanted dead during the first hours D:
(or had just no interest in whatsoever, I'm not that cruel)

Canon just hates everyone. But that's ok cause it suckssssss

Byakuya is an entertaining character but he's also a huge shitlord. Loved the last couple cases where he flipped out about being wrong and missing clues.

Short of him being one of the murderers and me being able to nail his ass to the wall and have the best Ace Attorney style meltdown in the history of the planet...

Him flipping out about being wrong and sucking works for me :p

If I could make one change to the game, it would be to swap the positions of Mondo and Byakuya in Case 2.

Either that or have Hagakure die instead of Taka :'(

If I could make one change to the game, it would be to swap the positions of Mondo and Byakuya in Case 2.

I would've kept Mondo as the killer in Case 2, cause that shit huuuuurt. ESPECIALLY since Taka was the actual Bullet Time Battle. Totally threw me for a loop.

Byakuya could've been another case.

Re: Taka..

Rolling Ishimaru
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As sad as it would be (and painful to go through again), I think Mondo should still be the murderer.

Just switch Ishimaru and Hagakure as the victim (cause honestly Ishimaru/Ishida would have added much more than Hagakure did). And it might actually give Ishida some damn purpose in the game besides some entertaining lines.

Chapter 3 made it so obvious it was Celeste I kept wondering in the back of my head if it wasn't all some giant convoluted plot by Togami.

How do tools like Attendance Record work? Is it passive? Because I can't actually use it when it's selected.

Passive. So it's always best to aim to making the tools at the start of each school mode run.

I say the one that reduces HP used is one of the best ones to aim for at the start.

Almost done listening to the OST. What will I do after that until the Fall?

?_?

Edit: What's the name of the song that plays during Trigger Happy Heart events? I don't think it's part of the OST. (Is it originally a DR2 song?)

Edit 2:
And when does this song play in the first game? I don't remember it at all.

Jintor

there's a brief event (beginning of the 2nd chapter i think) where monokuma is doing radio calesthenics in the gym (taka's the only one doing it though)

Dantis

Does anyone know the name of the guitar track that plays all through chapter 6? I didn't like much of the OST, but that track was great.

ys45

Juts finished the game yesterday , was not too surprised to learn that the outside world was post apocalyptic ( I mean we had a few hint when they talked about the super tragedy) ending was alright , we get a good explanation of what happened .

Overall , this is the best game I played so far in 2014 .

Anyone know if the sequel is continuing the story of this one ?

Juts finished the game yesterday , was not too surprised to learn that the outside world was post apocalyptic ( I mean we had a few hint when they talked about the super tragedy) ending was alright , we get a good explanation of what happened .

Overall , this is the best game I played so far in 2014 .

Anyone know if the sequel is continuing the story of this one ?
Not exactly, there's a new cast and new setting, but we get to know a bit more about the "background" of the first I'd say.

Shahadan

Funny I thought they didn't explain much and coped out on the Tragedy and the removal of the memories.
Both times it was basically "yeah it happened, shut up". I agree it doesn't really matter but if you're not gonna give answers, don't bother annoying me for hours with the questions.

Also the game gives far too much hints (that the characters notice somehow only when it's convenient, which is annoying) for everything before it happens, so there is no really surprises for anything imo.
For example before the end of the first trial the game basically informs you that there is a 16th student, that Junko was not supposed to die and is suspicious, and that the game is broadcast on TV. After that you just wait for the characters to catch up. And boy are they slow.

Jintor

I'm surprised so many people don't really talk about how the tragedy being non-described is kind of just an extension of the whole hope vs despair thing. Though I guess they don't spell it out, and it's kind of undermined by the existence of SDR2 and all the other media stuff.

ys45

Funny I thought they didn't explain much and coped out on the Tragedy and the removal of the memories.
Both times it was basically "yeah it happened, shut up". I agree it doesn't really matter but if you're not gonna give answers, don't bother annoying me for hours with the questions.

Also the game gives far too much hints (that the characters notice somehow only when it's convenient, which is annoying) for everything before it happens, so there is no really surprises for anything imo.
For example before the end of the first trial the game basically informs you that there is a 16th student, that Junko was not supposed to die and is suspicious, and that the game is broadcast on TV. After that you just wait for the characters to catch up. And boy are they slow.

The thing that bother me is is they don't give much details about the Tragedy like what happened exactly all you see is a giant Monokuma destroying a city and people wearing Monokuma Mask and it look like a riot or something .
I mean what the hell happened ? I was expecting a nuclear war or a virus that wiped out the population but this looked like a joke , I was expecting them to come out of the school and find out it was a lie and everything was normal outside .

Also after the credits Monokuma seems to be alive ?
I guess it's related to the sequel ?

PKrockin

I'm surprised so many people don't really talk about how the tragedy being non-described is kind of just an extension of the whole hope vs despair thing. Though I guess they don't spell it out, and it's kind of undermined by the existence of SDR2 and all the other media stuff.

Pretty much this.

... but I still want to know ...

there's a brief event (beginning of the 2nd chapter i think) where monokuma is doing radio calesthenics in the gym (taka's the only one doing it though)

oh, that adorable doof

Yeah, I imagine they had plans to basically expand more on it in other media and SDR2 which is really what happens. It gives you a taste and makes you wanting more~

DNAbro

It seems obvious that they were planning a sequel to explain things further. Prequel novel helps quite a bit but still doesn't spell everything out, but you can infer.

Acid08

Banned
Finally making progress on these School Mode runs. I got REALLY close to finishing a run a few days ago but ended up being a few Paint short of completing the goal. Reloaded the save about four times to try again but no luck. So I just closed out that run and decided to do one dedicated to maxing everyone's levels. Got all gatherers to 9 and got Byakuya and Toko to 9 in cleaning(I just imagine having to clean the school makes Byakuya miiiiiiiserable).

Finished the first run yesterday, got the endings for Byakuya, Taka, Hifumi, Leon, and Mukuro. Also neat how the rabbit from 2 makes an appearance with some fourth wall breaking dialogue from Monokuma. Now I should be able to breeze through the rest of these.

Acid08

Banned
Got all the School Mode endings. Down to the 999 coins, all presents, all gallery items, and 500 white lines trophies until platinum.

School Mode is wicked boring after the first couple playthroughs.

Jintor

Got all the School Mode endings. Down to the 999 coins, all presents, all gallery items, and 500 white lines trophies until platinum.

School Mode is wicked boring after the first couple playthroughs.

yup. endings are good tho. and you can just watch tv or something while you're doing it.

Top Bottom