• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Alfredo

I took my Alpaca Kirigiri to an anime convention last weekend. Got some fun DR shots. :D

tumblr_n2raqyJab11r96fbco1_500.png

Check it out the album if you're interested. :)

LX_Theo

Banned

Like the biggest spoiler image for the game on the internet...

Mastermind revealed...
Survivors revealed...

I meant actual touchy feelings relationships. Not the weird ones we have here.

I mean, the closest ones we actually get are Sakura x Aoi and Ishimaru x Mondo and those aren't really normal anyway.
The potential for despair would probably get her pretty excited too. Stuff like that means the fall is only farther. For lack of a better example... Think Taka.

I took my Alpaca Kirigiri to an anime convention last weekend. Got some fun DR shots. :D

https://31.media.tumblr.com/98b5b0070cb40f61ab2b92d312981d2d/tumblr_n2raqyJab11r96fbco1_500.png[IMG]

Check it out the [URL="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.606192359475317.1073741848.489954284432459&type=1"]album[/URL] if you're interested. :)[/QUOTE]

That's super-cool. I'm going as Mondo to Anime North in May, so hopefully I can get some good DR pictures too!

Speaking of Mondo...

[IMG]http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/27/30/ed/2730ed99914228843bd42225abb92f17.jpg

I don't understand why Taka's upset. He's dressed as the best character in the series!

The potential for despair would probably get her pretty excited too. Stuff like that means the fall is only farther. For lack of a better example... Think Taka.

So is she always turn on by despair then?

That's super-cool. I'm going as Mondo to Anime North in May, so hopefully I can get some good DR pictures too!

Speaking of Mondo...

2730ed99914228843bd42225abb92f17.jpg

I don't understand why Taka's upset. He's dressed as the best character in the series!

Only cause he isn't dressed as Akihiko, duh. It only makes sense for him to be. No, it doesn't sound like an amazing idea that I would to see

Sometimes I wonder if the story would've turned out any differently had any of the other characters been the mastermind. I doubt things would change much, since True!Junko's defining characteristics aren't very unique nor are they dependent on her status or occupation.

This preamble has basically just been an excuse to post this picture, by the way:

tumblr_static_tumblr_mmauj6yt6e1r0iaydo1_500.png

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Sometimes I wonder if the story would've turned out any differently had any of the other characters been the mastermind. I doubt things would change much, since True!Junko's defining characteristics aren't very unique nor are they dependent on her status or occupation.

This preamble has basically just been an excuse to post this picture, by the way:

tumblr_static_tumblr_mmauj6yt6e1r0iaydo1_500.png

Is there a Hina version of this?

I don't understand it at all, but the ending bit is cute.

I like how Mukuro just appears from the bottom of the tub armed with an AR.

And who's the random guy in the video? Kyoko's father?

FluxWaveZ

After pretty much wasting three School Mode playthroughs because I didn't know that you couldn't get any endings before finishing all of the Free Times first, I've started completing them.

I say this because I just got done with Taka's and it totally changed my opinion of him. Before now, I disliked him a lot because he appeared to be a high-strung, really annoying guy, but the Free Time truly showed what his underlying motivations were and made me appreciate him way more. There's some of that in each of the Free Times, but some do it worse than others. Some scenes in the game must have had a different vibe depending on which Free Times players did before them.

Jintor

i thought the funniest thing about school mode and free time was that it completely didn't do a fucking thing to redeem yasuhiro

dude's still a fuckin' asshole

Mondo's Free Time activities are what made me like him so much in the first place. The game proper gives him next-to-no development until after he's already admitted to his crime, and looking back, I can kind of understand why people might not like him prior to his death. The way the manga handled his and Taka's relationship (he basically imparts a of the information revealed about him in his Free Time events to Taka and even admits that he looks up to people like Taka) also really endeared him to me.

It's pretty obvious that some characters were never really meant to be developed beyond who they are in the main story, though. Leon is still a dimbus after his Report Card is complete, and Byakuya and Hiro don't exactly pour their hearts out either. I guess I can't really complain since all of my favourites got pretty meaty FTEs :3

Acid08

Banned
Taka and Sakura were pretty great. Their cards made me appreciate them a lot more.

And yeah jintor, Yasuhiro is such an asshole. I was confused for the entire game why he was even there. And then when I finally found out if was worse than I could have imagined.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Taka and Sakura were pretty great. Their cards made me appreciate them a lot more.

And yeah jintor, Yasuhiro is such an asshole. I was confused for the entire game why he was even there. And then when I finally found out if was worse than I could have imagined.

See, he's right 20% of the time!

Caladrius

The free time events + Trigger Happy Hearts made me like Leon, Aoi and Mukuro more. I kind of wrote them off as non-entities up until I got to those, considering the former gets almost no development and the latter two approach satellite character territory in the main story.

Source

Mastermind|Ishimaru is very much a fandom thing and I just love fandom for it.

It's also a very sexy thing.

I am strangely compelled to obey his commands.

kewlmyc

Mondo's Free Time activities are what made me like him so much in the first place. The game proper gives him next-to-no development until after he's already admitted to his crime, and looking back, I can kind of understand why people might not like him prior to his death. The way the manga handled his and Taka's relationship (he basically imparts a of the information revealed about him in his Free Time events to Taka and even admits that he looks up to people like Taka) also really endeared him to me.

It's pretty obvious that some characters were never really meant to be developed beyond who they are in the main story, though. Leon is still a dimbus after his Report Card is complete, and Byakuya and Hiro don't exactly pour their hearts out either. I guess I can't really complain since all of my favourites got pretty meaty FTEs :3
Leon comes off as guy that thinks with his dick in his free time events, but he still comes off as a pretty cool guy I'd hang out with. Byakuya and Hiro are assholes though, I agree.

PK Gaming

i thought the funniest thing about school mode and free time was that it completely didn't do a fucking thing to redeem yasuhiro

dude's still a fuckin' asshole

tumblr_inline_mp6m9oF7L71qz4rgp.png

Don't be mean!

I'm such a dimbus. I just now realized that the deep-voiced chanting heard during the execution scenes is the exact same as in Monokuma's theme, except in a different tempo and slightly more ominous key.

The musicality and continuity of this game's OST is incredible.

Seriously though, I love that MasterMondo art. I'd use it if my avatar if

A) My current avatar weren't so perfect (thanks again, dakku!); and

B) I knew people wouldn't throw a fit about being apparently spoiled.

The free time events + Trigger Happy Hearts made me like Leon, Aoi and Mukuro more. I kind of wrote them off as non-entities up until I got to those, considering the former gets almost no development and the latter two approach satellite character territory in the main story.

I do wish Leon got more development or something even after all his school mode events. I don't hate him, I just still feel he's pretty one dimensional.

I am strangely compelled to obey his commands.

Rules are meant to be followed

Seriously though, I love that MasterMondo art. I'd use it if my avatar if

A) My current avatar weren't so perfect (thanks again, dakku!); and

B) I knew people wouldn't throw a fit about being apparently spoiled.

I'm still tempted to use a Mastermind|Ishimaru in the future. Dunno how much people care about fake spoilers, lol. Maybe I'll just do it further on where most people should have already beaten this game already or something ~_~

Cool, now we need some mastermind Yasuhiro art. His makes the most sense to me.

I dunno, Ishimaru makes the most sense since he can actually pull off all the facial reactions that Junko does naturally. /biased

And you know, follow the rules, etc, etc

Oh hey, that sorta reminds me of this other image:

I know how much you love this pairing. :D Wanted to use it to wish you a happy birthday in x months time, but I failed my willpower roll.

It makes sense as he'll kill her after she fails to follow the rules

Jintor

I'm such a dimbus. I just now realized that the deep-voiced chanting heard during the execution scenes is the exact same as in Monokuma's theme, except in a different tempo and slightly more ominous key.

wat

anyway, you should give vanquish's ost a listen. takeda did that one too

FluxWaveZ

wat

anyway, you should give vanquish's ost a listen. takeda did that one too

Huh, Vanquish's OST isn't anywhere near as memorable as Danganronpa's.

And yeah, some of the musical continuity's pretty good, like how Despair Syndrome is mixed into Thousand Knocks. And speaking to the chanting, it's neat how it's replaced with a female voice once the mastermind is uncovered and her execution is taking place.

Well I -WAS- gonna come in here and post some questions, but seeing as how I narrowly avoided a spoiler from a loading image, I'm just gonna back out. Someone PM me with a response, if you could.

I've gotten past the first trial, and am currently wondering, is there a way to save everyone in this game? It really doesn't seem like it, but having played through 999 and VLR before, it really didn't seem like it in those games either. Is there one ending? Is there a good ending? Don't spoil anything, just curious about these things.

FluxWaveZ

Well I -WAS- gonna come in here and post some questions, but seeing as how I narrowly avoided a spoiler from a loading image, I'm just gonna back out. Someone PM me with a response, if you could.

Dude, this is the SPOILER thread.

There is only one actual ending. Nothing you do will influence the most meaningful events in the game whatsoever.

Well got my platinum.

I also did find out repeating character's ending in School Mode doesn't net you extra pair of underwear. Maybe one is just enough.

I guess all I can do know is despair knowing I'm done hanging out some of these good characters now.

cj_iwakura

If you want Takada in his prime, check out The Silver Case.

This is still his best stuff since GHM, easy.

LX_Theo

Banned
Is the Makoto to the left supposed to be the pose like in my avatar? I don't see it, though its the only one I can think of it being. If it is supposed to be, then it really doesn't capture the despair of the portrait.

Labrys

Is the Makoto to the left supposed to be the pose like in my avatar? I don't see it, though its the only one I can think of it being. If it is supposed to be, then it really doesn't capture the despair of the portrait.

it might be more like this:

240px-0C697D80.png

or just a generic "uh-oh" pose

Kazzy

I finally got around to finishing the final chapter of this earlier today. Yes, the conclusion of the whole thing does get a little overwrought, and a few contrivances start to become glaring, but I felt as though it had earnt it by that point.

I guess all the merchandise I see in Akihabara will finally makes sense in context. Woe is me.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I finally got around to finishing the final chapter of this earlier today. Yes, the conclusion of the whole thing does get a little overwrought, and a few contrivances start to become glaring, but I felt as though it had earnt it by that point.

I guess all the merchandise I see in Akihabara will finally makes sense in context. Despair is me.

fxd

No best character figure, no sale.

I know, Hina (or Mukuro) need more luv.

Fey

Banned
Traded in a few games to give this a try, and I'm really glad I did! Just finished it and I really liked it. This series can definitely fill the void Zero Escape left.

Clov

I'm honestly am surprised that Chihiro got some attention in that set, cause usually it's Makoto, Kirigiri, Junko and someone lame like Togami or Toko.

I'm happy with that! I'm hoping I'll find at least one of the two Chihiro trading figures when I start going to some cons in the summer.

This thread is more active than the other one, so I hope it's ok to ask here.

Finished the game, trying to clean up trophies.

Why are a handful of my gallery entries still marked as ????.

I know one of the movies requires the button pressing item from the monokuma machine, which I have. But I'm missing an event image and two movies as ????.

Any ideas?

LX_Theo

Banned
This thread is more active than the other one, so I hope it's ok to ask here.

Finished the game, trying to clean up trophies.

Why are a handful of my gallery entries still marked as ????.

I know one of the movies requires the button pressing item from the monokuma machine, which I have. But I'm missing an event image and two movies as ????.

Any ideas?

Did you have A Man's Fantasy (gift key item from monokuma machine) at the point when Makoto was urged to take a peak at the girls?

Did you have A Man's Fantasy (gift key item from monokuma machine) at the point when Makoto was urged to take a peak at the girls?

I have the item in my possession now, but I did not see a peak scene. I recall Makoto saying something like "stop being creepy" or something.

Can I get it through chapter select? Is this the scene of this type, where I need an item at a specific time?

Top Bottom