• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Well we do need a tease for the sequel besides all the unanswered questions and what better than that would be than if Monokuma woke up again (for whatever reason it might be).

Pedersen

Is there a place where I can watch school mode with all the story parts for all characters? Could have looked myself but I'm really afraid of SDR2 spoilers.

Pedersen

Ok, so there isn't some important character parts before the ending for each one or?

I kinda wanna see every conversation with each one.

LX_Theo

Banned
Ok, so there isn't some important character parts before the ending for each one or?

I kinda wanna see every conversation with each one.

Its a meter sort of thing. You spend time with them in one of the areas in the school, and pick between three things to do with them. The meter goes up depending on how good of a choice you made. Its all quite basic and not

If anything, work through the report card stuff in school (a separate mechanic all together). Generally the school mode ending has more to do with the report card plot threads than anything required to get the endings themselves. The report cards are also much easier to get.

I do wish this game did let you revisit the report card events for whatever reason.

Kinda makes it pointless to spend time with them after maxing them all unless you just want to see a reaction to giving them a present.

Uthred

Finally got around to finishing it, it was really entertaining but I think the outre nature of the characters and the scenario, while a big part of the appeal for me, also robbed it of a lot of impact. You were expecting mental stuff to happen so there were very few legitimate "Holy fuck!" moments. This extended to the murders themselves which were too simple to be drawn out as much as they were. The vagueness of the Tragedy and the ending were a little irritating but presumably the sequel will take care of that. Still, well worth the time, the characters were all great and easily the best thing about it.

Acid08

Banned
So for the Trip Ticket stuff, is there an option you can do for each character that's guaranteed to raise a full heart instead of half a heart? Does anyone know which are which for each character? I keep picking good choices but not the best choices.

Also, getting close to the platinum. Need the trophies for: all School Mode endings, 999 coins, 500 white noise lines, all gifts, and all gallery items.

LX_Theo

Banned
So for the Trip Ticket stuff, is there an option you can do for each character that's guaranteed to raise a full heart instead of half a heart? Does anyone know which are which for each character? I keep picking good choices but not the best choices.

Also, getting close to the platinum. Need the trophies for: all School Mode endings, 999 coins, 500 white noise loves, all gifts, and all gallery items.

I believe there is one (I don't recall how much it is, but I remember one that would clearly be defined as the best), but the best option isn't available in all areas. And sometimes, the area changes so it has different options after you've gone to it a lot.

Also, getting close to the platinum. Need the trophies for: all School Mode endings, 999 coins, 500 white noise loves, all gifts, and all gallery items.
Not everyone has a guaranteed full heart answer at one particular location, while others do. But everyone does have at least one location, where 2 out of the 3 random sets of questions has a full heart answer.

There's a good guide for that here. (Post #9)

Acid08

Banned
I believe there is one (I don't recall how much it is, but I remember one that would clearly be defined as the best), but the best option isn't available in all areas. And sometimes, the area changes so it has different options after you've gone to it a lot.

Not everyone has a guaranteed full heart answer at one particular location, while others do. But everyone does have at least one location, where 2 out of the 3 random sets of questions has a full heart answer.

There's a good guide for that here. (Post #9)
Cool, thanks guys. Fingers crossed the rest of these trophies don't take toooooooo long.

Ken

I do wish this game did let you revisit the report card events for whatever reason.

Kinda makes it pointless to spend time with them after maxing them all unless you just want to see a reaction to giving them a present.

Reminds me of maxing out SLs in P4G. Become best buds with them and then they never want to talk to you again.

Tizoc

Who else went WTF when the masked person was revealed to be the murdered student come Chapter 6? Cuz that one was a major wtf for me.

LX_Theo

Banned
Who else went WTF when the masked person was revealed to be the murdered student come Chapter 6? Cuz that one was a major wtf for me.

I put that together when they said the vitals for Mukuro. I noticed Junko had the same vitals and realized it had to be her body. What I didn't put together that it was also Mukuro. I had been thinking that Mukuro simply staged a death with a body that happened to be near identical to her's in vitals (and that Mukuro was the ultimate despair). This was my theory pre-trial, at least.

The fake nails gave it away for me, especially since the game was pretty heavy-handed about the effects of Sakura's sacrifice, I didn't think any of the "remaining" people were the killer.

Nah, they're too friendly in that picture. That sort of arrangement would end in disaster.

I think after Sakura's death, they were probably completely friendly at that point.

Might have been different if it was originally all 16 kids but I could see it happening after chapter 4.

Just to check that I wasn't misinterpreting things: The implication is that she was sleeping with all three of them, right?

I still say Togami's kid's mother is up to interpretation. Could be Aoi's or Toko's.

Dantis

So I've been thinking about the ending, and I kind of feel like the overarching plot was almost a waste of time. Monokuma, the end of the world, the two year gap, all the hope and despair stuff... It was just, like, nonsensical. I didn't like any of the plot stuff at all.

I think the strongest part of the game was easily the murder parts, and maybe the game would have been stronger if it hadn't been in this completely bonkers setting.

I still say Togami's kid's mother is up to interpretation. Could be Aoi's or Toko's.

It was pretty bizarre either way!

Finished Danganronpa Zero.

Not really a spoiler since it's something we already knew, but
Junko is really fucked up 0_o

For those that played DR2, is it safe to wiki some of these characters? I assume at least
Izuru Kamukura
is 100% not safe.

For those that played DR2, is it safe to wiki some of these characters? I assume at least
Izuru Kamukura
is 100% not safe.

Most should be okay, but I probably wouldn't risk it, both because of the recently uploaded images section on the Wiki that often contain spoilers, and because something as small as a DR2 section for a character you didn't know would appear could ruin a surprise.

But I mean, if you're willing to take risks, DR0 material is mostly safe. But your assumption is correct. Stay away from that.

Izuru Kamukura
is 100% not safe.

I think the only characters that are safe to look up are those that died in Danganronpa Zero and only in Danganronpa Zero. :p

I'm sorry but I have to....... just have to vent somewhere.

SDR2 halfway Chapter 5 trial spoilers

SWEET BABY JESUS KOMAEDA FUCKED THEM, HE FUCKED THEM OVER SO HARD....GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY.

If that's not the most despair inducing case in the series then I have no idea what it is. Let's keep discussion of that to a minimum here though.

If that's not the most despair inducing case in the series then I have no idea what it is. Let's keep discussion of that to a minimum here though.
Chapter 4 was also pretty despair-inducing, and also really really sad. But then again, 5 was too.
Edit: I put it in spoiler, even though that's not a spoiler.

Sorian

Banned
I wish SDR2 would just release already. I need more and I need it now. One of these days I need to sit down with dangan ronpa 0.

kyruwwb.png

i feel like references to specific chapters are pushing it a bit and really, what's the harm of using spoiler tags just in case

Seriously guys, just make an SDR2 import thread or something. I've already had a billion close calls, and I really don't want to have to leave the thread.

Aoi having given birth to Makoto, Byakuya and Hiro's kids, and Toko having died inexplicably.

Aoi looks totally miserable. It feels predatory.

Well yeah, all the remaining guys are pretty gross.

Never actually understood Aoi's constant blushing against Makoto during the trip events. I get it that they are kids, but it's not really like they had that much interaction with each other.

Sorian

Banned

Never actually understood Aoi's constant blushing against Makoto during the trip events. I get it that they are kids, but it's not really like they had that much interaction with each other.

It's kind of clear that the character endings in school mode somehow make Makoto out to be a super pimp that all the ladies want but Hina's was really the only one that felt sincere to me and yes, I am a bit biased because she is best waifu but I think it helped that hers pulled inspiration from the report card conversations which were actually canon unlike the school mode stuff.

LX_Theo

Banned

If I remember the report card correctly, she liked Makoto because she thinks of herself as really, really weird (so insecure) and she feels like she can be herself around Makoto.

DaBoss

So is Danganronpa IF and the Danganronpa manga going to come with SDR2?

I already read both, and they are really good. Though the translation for the manga hasn't been finished and it doesn't seem it will.
It's kind of clear that the character endings in school mode somehow make Makoto out to be a super pimp that all the ladies want but Hina's was really the only one that felt sincere to me and yes, I am a bit biased because she is best waifu but I think it helped that hers pulled inspiration from the report card conversations which were actually canon unlike the school mode stuff.
I think Hina's, Kyoko's, and Mukuro's feelings are the sincere ones going by School Mode.

Top Bottom