• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

LX_Theo

Banned
I have the item in my possession now, but I did not see a peak scene. I recall Makoto saying something like "stop being creepy" or something.

Can I get it through chapter select? Is this the scene of this type, where I need an item at a specific time?

Its a still image fanservice scene that activates when you have the item at that time in the story. So if you didn't get it then, then you'll have to go back through the chapter select to do it again. The gifts and such don't change so long as you're using the same save file, so it should work.

Its a still image fanservice scene that activates when you have the item at that time in the story. So if you didn't get it then, then you'll have to go back through the chapter select to do it again. The gifts and such don't change so long as you're using the same save file, so it should work.

I hate to keep annoying you, but would you be able to tell me what chapter that scene was actually in? I want to say 2, but it could have been 3. I honestly don't recall.

LX_Theo

Banned
I hate to keep annoying you, but would you be able to tell me what chapter that scene was actually in? I want to say 2, but it could have been 3. I honestly don't recall.

Been a while, but I remember it was after Chihiro died (hence why the fanservice scene could go off without a hitch, plus I remember it was related to Alter Ego). So chapter 3.

Other ones you're missing are probably the Bad Ending from Ch. 5. You'll need to play through to pretty much the end of the trial, but this time, point out Kyoko's lie.

No spoilers at all except for a yes or no but does SDR2 have a similar bad ending like DR1 did?

------No-----

DaBoss

There's also the special video clip you can get if you get the escape switch from the Monokuma dispenser. It can only be gotten after beating the game.

I'm feeling intense DR withdrawal.

Fandom, but you'll probably get SDR2 spoiled.

Watch the anime, but it's only a fleeting moment.

Watch DRAT, but only four episodes so that lasts even less than the anime.

Start buying merchandise but none of the good characters get good stuff. And money and hours of hunting through websites from stuff.

Despair is about the only thing you can do.

I think I've done all of this.

You're forced to choose between Fanfic or despair.

Which do you choose?
To me, fanfic is despair.

Zero Escape?
Ever 17?
Remember 11?
I/O?
You should know that I've been day one with the Zero Escape series since before it was internet cool. I was on the bus before there was a bus.

Fandom, but you'll probably get SDR2 spoiled.

Watch the anime, but it's only a fleeting moment.

Watch DRAT, but only four episodes so that lasts even less than the anime.

Start buying merchandise but none of the good characters get good stuff. And money and hours of hunting through websites from stuff.

Despair is about the only thing you can do.

I think I've done all of this.
That's my worry, I can't look up anything DR2 related without fear of spoiler bombs. GAF is the only safe place to talk about this series it seems, but there are only so many things to talk about.

I wish the Zero translation was done.

To me, fanfic is despair.

Canon is despair. Fandom is superior.

That's my worry, I can't look up anything DR2 related without fear of spoiler bombs. GAF is the only safe place to talk about this series it seems, but there are only so many things to talk about.

I wish the Zero translation was done.

Vol.01 of Zero is really interesting having just finished reading that recently.

Could just read it first and then despair until the second volume gets fully translated in one place.

Vol.01 of Zero is really interesting having just finished reading that recently.

Could just read it first and then despair until the second volume gets fully translated in one place.

Why despair over it not being complete in one place when you could just despair over the very despairable events of the second volume?

Wazzy

Banned
Beat this yesterday and wow I'm in love with the series now. I'm now impatiently waiting for DR2.

My favourites ended up being Junko, Taka, Hina, Kyouko and Mukuro. I did also like Makato, Sakura, Chihiro and Jill.

But seriously, Junko is the best. It's funny that I see two different Junko's but not image wise. Like, I still associate the first one with Mukuro rather than her original appearence. Wish the character could have survived longer.

Also Taka is sexy.

Just finished the game and was pretty unsatisfied with the ending :/ Like, I really enjoyed everything about the game but I don't like how
you don't get to see what actually happened/is going on outside and how they deal with it.
Without telling me what happens in the sequel, will this be addressed?

Clov

Just finished the game and was pretty unsatisfied with the ending :/ Like, I really enjoyed everything about the game but I don't like how
you don't get to see what actually happened/is going on outside and how they deal with it.
Without telling me what happens in the sequel, will this be addressed?

Yes.

Frankly, I like the ambiguity of the ending. To me, the world itself isn't what matters, but rather the idea of a world void of meaning that the surviving characters need to bring "hope" to. I really liked how it was handled.

Yes.

Frankly, I like the ambiguity of the ending. To me, the world itself isn't what matters, but rather the idea of a world void of meaning that the surviving characters need to bring "hope" to. I really liked how it was handled.

You do make it a good point; that's basically what my boyfriend was trying to explain to me. However knowing that we will get a better explanation makes me appreciate it a lot more. Can't wait for the next one!

Also Taka is sexy.

Best character.

SCHRODINGER'S WORLD

tumblr_n1pwpnSaKg1tu1seco1_500.jpg

Source

At least we know what's in the box.

PK Gaming

Is it?

While "Junko's" death was certainly peculiar, there was nothing that overtly implied that she was in fact the mastermind (at the time). There was some light foreshadowing when Makoto read the fashionista magazine, but that was it. Dead people dont come to life after all...

Is it?

While "Junko's" death was certainly peculiar, there was nothing that overtly implied that she was in fact the mastermind (at the time). There was some light foreshadowing when Makoto read the fashionista magazine, but that was it. Dead people dont come to life after all...

Not with that attitude they won't!

I don't think it's THAT outlandish to have theories about Junko early on. I doubt it's common considering all the other developments and red herrings, but not something that only the smartest human on Earth could figure out.

Yeah, it's not impossible to make Junko theories since he made a valid point of her being the only non-execution Monokuma kill.

Still, my favorite time I've seen a Junko theory is back in the original LP when somebody jokingly proposed Junko as the mastermind from the very beginning of the game because "look at the evil looking smile", and then somehow it became the JUNKOS meme on the LP topic and was so overused that they got to the point of banning it, so you can imagine the general reactions when the actual game was starting to give hints of JUNKOS lol

DaBoss

Oh, I didn't think it is outlandish to think there is something up with Junko. I even thought there was something wrong due to how early she died, so I was suspicious of the death from the moment she died lol.

But the two guesses that Laughing Banana had are pretty much spot on. "Junko" is in cahoots with Monokuma and the world outside did have a catastrophic event and the kids were gathered to bring hope. The last one is not completely accurate, but still, guessing all of that by the end of chapter 2 is pretty crazy.

cnet128

Banned
Welp, I just finished reading Danganronpa Zero volume 2.

Everything was pretty much exactly as I predicted.

And there was only despair. >_____<

Oh, I didn't think it is outlandish to think there is something up with Junko. I even thought there was something wrong due to how early she died, so I was suspicious of the death from the moment she died lol.

But the two guesses that Laughing Banana had are pretty much spot on. "Junko" is in cahoots with Monokuma and the world outside did have a catastrophic event and the kids were gathered to bring hope. The last one is not completely accurate, but still, guessing all of that by the end of chapter 2 is pretty crazy.

It's also quite possible that they've seen spoilers for the game and are merely presenting their knowledge of the ending as "theories" in order to seem perceptive or get attention. That sort of thing was really rampant in anime threads when the DR anime was airing last summer, from what I can gather.

Eh, considering that Dangan Ronpa isn't the only VN with a "actually a much longer time passed than you thought, also there kinda was a society ending catastrophe while you weren't looking" twist I don't find it impossible to consider if it's fresh on your mind.

Wazzy

Banned
My thoughts on "Junko's" death were pretty much "WTF THEY ALREADY KILLED HER OFF? BUTTTTTT SHE'S ONE OF MY FAVOURITES ; ;" and then the more the game progressed the more I had little suspicions she might come back in some way.

But I never outright guessed she was the mastermind since she was impaled right in front of us.

Also I just saw some of the original designs for the cast and mannnnn Mondo looked wayyyyy better originally.

Best character.

He was my favourite and I was so upset when he died.

Also I just saw some of the original designs for the cast and mannnnn Mondo looked wayyyyy better originally.

Beta!Mondo's alright, but he's lacking the awesome longcoat and deliciously stupid hair that made me like him so much right off the bat. I do really like the design on the beta design's tank top, though.

Wazzy

Banned
Beta!Mondo's alright, but he's lacking the awesome longcoat and deliciously stupid hair that made me like him so much right off the bat. I do really like the design on the beta design's tank top, though.

The hair's the reason I like the beta better. :p He's wayyyyy cooler and more attractive while his actual design has corn hair. :(

Reminds me too much of Kazuma from Yu Yu Hakusho.

He was my favourite and I was so upset when he died.

The Ishimaru love and the Ishimaru despair over his death~

---------------------------------------------

Man, buying the merchandise for this series is leaving me in despair.

Tried to get a best character strap and I get Monokuma instead. I guess better than getting two Kirigiris like last time.

Top Bottom