• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

PKrockin

Man, buying the merchandise for this series is leaving me in despair.

Tried to get a best character strap and I get Monokuma instead. I guess better than getting two Kirigiris like last time.
Strap? What is this for?

Also let's try not to get too obsessive; they're not our friends, they're video game characters.

Sorian

Banned
Strap? What is this for?

Also let's try not to get too obsessive; they're not our friends, they're video game characters.

65ef8b42b99902756f24a8b369fdb68a800635621c7a39040bdbdc0e7442b56e.jpg

Took me a bit to get around to finishing off the game, but I finally just did. The ending may have ambiguous, but it felt like the perfect place to end, honestly, with the final end of life at Hope's Peak. I don't think showing the condition of the world could really have been done in a satisfying manner, more than the hints we got.

Though speaking of the condition of the world, I really don't know how you can make a sequel to this, especially considering the little I know of the sequel's premise. Doesn't seem to make much sense. I guess I'll find out in the fall.

Wazzy

Banned
I don't like to doubt people but some of those answers are just giving me "oh come the fuck on" vibes.

The Ishimaru love and the Ishimaru despair over his death~

---------------------------------------------

Man, buying the merchandise for this series is leaving me in despair.

Tried to get a best character strap and I get Monokuma instead. I guess better than getting two Kirigiris like last time.

Are you trying to get Taka?

I saw some Monokuma merchandise at a couple stores, I'm gonna go checkout what else they might have for DR.

I'm hoping to find some good DR merchandise when I go to Anime North in May. I know that there are Nendoroid-like mini figures of Taka and Mondo, so I'll see if I can't snag those for a decent price.

I might also look for a Mondo Butter eraser if I'm feeling particularly sadistic.

Clov

I'm hoping to find some good DR merchandise when I go to Anime North in May. I know that there are Nendoroid-like mini figures of Taka and Mondo, so I'll see if I can't snag those for a decent price.

I might also look for a Mondo Butter eraser if I'm feeling particularly sadistic.

I'm going to the same con! I'll be cosplaying as Chihiro, so maybe you'll see me. I'll be on the hunt for any Chihiro related merchandise I can find, since all I have so far is the microfiber cloth. Hopefully it'll go well.

I'm going to the same con! I'll be cosplaying as Chihiro, so maybe you'll see me. I'll be on the hunt for any Chihiro related merchandise I can find, since all I have so far is the microfiber cloth. Hopefully it'll go well.

Awesome! I'm actually taking a friend of mine who'll also be going as Chihiro, so maybe we can all meet up there sometime and have a little Danganronpa shindig. It'd be fun!

Wazzy

Banned
The final execution is still the best and most hilarious. Like, once it finished I just stared at my screen for a good minute and then started laughing again.

Are you trying to get Taka?

I saw some Monokuma merchandise at a couple stores, I'm gonna go checkout what else they might have for DR.

Of course~

Well be extremely jealous if you manage to find this one.

I have a little Hawaiian Monokuma. I have seen little Nendoroids (like, really really small, about 5 cm) and they were 15€ each. That seemed a bit too much to much, considering I don't even like Nendos that much.

I'm pretty sure they were both originally the protagonists of the game.

They were the base design for the male and female characters or something like that.

And basically the developers got sick of seeing those two hence why they were both killed off within the first chapter, lol.

Poor Leon.

LX_Theo

Banned
They were the base design for the male and female characters or something like that.

And basically the developers got sick of seeing those two hence why they were both killed off within the first chapter, lol.

Poor Leon.

Wow. They must have gone through so little design iterations, then. They're basically identical to their in game counterparts, yet they're from much earlier in the development.

kewlmyc

Poor Leon.

Yeah, I've heard that. Pretty funny. LeonXSayaka was so canon to the point that the developers made them kill each other out of disgust.

PK Gaming

Concept art... For what? Outside of the characters, I don't see its relation to Danganronpa, lol.

Pretty cool, despite being confusing.

Dunno

Maybe i'm using the term wrong? It wasn't in the in-game gallery, but perhaps it was a part of the DanganRonpa artbook?

Acid08

Banned

Poor Leon.
Pft, poor Leon nothing. Dude sucks.

DaBoss

Poor Leon.
lol
Those look like the final designs to me. You can see an earlier Leon (and the rest of the cast) here.
Wow, so glad they changed the designs. And added color lol, though I'm guessing that was due to it being early.

PK Gaming

DR0 really makes you reevaluate the concept of "Hope's Peak Academy"

The protagonist is pretty intriguing. Her
"problem" is unfortunate and mysterious on top of that. Eager to see how her story arc plays out.

DR0 really makes you reevaluate the concept of "Hope's Peak Academy"

The protagonist is pretty intriguing. Her
"problem" is unfortunate and mysterious on top of that. Eager to see how her story arc plays out.
It's interesting to say the least. I really loved the novel, it's a shame we won't get an official release.

DaBoss

So I was just watching my sister finish the final part of the game and I noticed something. It doesn't show the group picture Toko got from Monokuma. It shows it in the anime. I didn't recognize it in the anime, but I thought I may have just overlooked that part.

So I was just watching my sister finish the final part of the game and I noticed something. It doesn't show the group picture Toko got from Monokuma. It shows it in the anime. I didn't recognize it in the anime, but I thought I may have just overlooked that part.

The anime added one more happy times not despair class photo, so no you didn't forget about Toko. Though she'll still think you did.

It's interesting to say the least. I really loved the novel, it's a shame we won't get an official release.

Speaking of that, seeing how the entire first volume is legally available for free, does anyone know if it'd be ok to link to translations of the first volume of the op?

C-c-c-cross-post!

So I was pondering what kind of Pokémon each of the 15 students would use on their teams because I'm a weirdo, and decided to make this silly, fun image for the heck of it:

It was pretty easy to make, so I'll probably do one a day for each member of the main cast so long as the reception to this one isn't too harsh. Which student's team would you guys like to see next?

Wazzy

Banned
Taka would have a wayyyy better pokemon than that. :mad:

Also I found quite a bit of DR merchandise when I was shopping for my friends surprise party. I bought him a monakuma cup, pillow and report cover. I also got a set of character keychains. No Taka in them :( but it had Junko!

Here's my idea for Kyoko's team:

Liepard: Aside from the obvious purple motif, Kyoko steals stuff and is prone to slinking around, both common traits of a Liepard.
Ditto: Ditto's an enigma with no real past, similar to how Kyoko is an amnesiac who tends to keep to herself.
Gengar: It's purple. And, um, I guess it's kinda shady. I'll be honest, Gengar's really only here because Hiro thought Kyoko was a ghost in Chapter 5, which is simultaneously hilarious and infuriating to me.
Croagunk: Croagunk was the partner of Detective Looker in the Pokémon games, and he claimed that it was the perfect Pokémon for someone in his line of work. Plus it's purple!
Espeon: Like our purple (!) kitty friend, Kyoko has very good intuition and foresight, to the point where she's jokingly called psychic at one point in the game.
Arcanine: Arcanine and its pre-evolution, Growlithe, were commonly used as law-enforcement agents in the anime, so I thought it would make sense for Kyoko to have a Pokémon which can literally smell truth. Plus it provides a handy explanation for how she got her burned hands!

Top Bottom