• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Nevermind what i said earlier *.i dedicated an entire complete seance to me raising every stats so i could gather more properly in new game plus. ( also knowing where the materials were instead of ?? is much better. )

Also :
Is celeste great ?
59-rosewhip.jpg

Yes she is.

KmA

I just finished the game today. I thought it was pretty good, but it does not even compare to the Zero Escape series. The most annoying thing about the game is how many useless characters are alive by the end. Hina, Hiro, Toko, and Byakuya were all borderline insufferable. I admit they had their moments, but for the majority of the time they were ridiculous. Especially Byakuya and Toko, the prickiest of all prick characters. Hina and Hiro were completely useless. All the class trials would have ended so much earlier if it wasn't for them. Makoto was pretty darn annoying too, but at least he was able to piece together most of the mysteries. But Kyoko doe...

Sorian

Banned
I like how everyone has to immediately say whether DR is better or worse than the Zero Escape games.

Dangan Ronpa is about a 777 out of 999

I just finished the game today. I thought it was pretty good, but it does not even compare to the Zero Escape series. The most annoying thing about the game is how many useless characters are alive by the end. Hina, Hiro, Toko, and Byakuya were all borderline insufferable. I admit they had their moments, but for the majority of the time they were ridiculous. Especially Byakuya and Toko, the prickiest of all prick characters. Hina and Hiro were completely useless. All the class trials would have ended so much earlier if it wasn't for them. Makoto was pretty darn annoying too, but at least he was able to piece together most of the mysteries. But Kyoko doe...

999/VLR spoilers:
As opposed to the zero escape series where everyone survives and deaths get handwaved away?

You have excellent Best Girl™ senses. Image related.

i never made the connection.

But i'm sorry to say Celeste is a great girl but the best girl of this game is kyoko .
Case in point :
2014-04-14-114935.jpg

That scene was incredibly devilish
TOP 3:
1)Kyoko
2)Celeste
3)Fukawa

I like how everyone has to immediately say whether DR is better or worse than the Zero Escape games.
Well the fact comes that those are both spike chunsoft games.People just don't realise that they were made by 2 different team with widely different goals.

What's a Zero Escapade?

A serie of 2 games and we're waiting on the third one meant to finish the story.
First game is 9,9,9 , second is Virtue last reward.

CHadD.gif

Wait i need to have every report card filled if i want to see the events on the 51th day of school mode ?

School mode is damn long DAMN IT
i've already done it twice...

Thankfully it's easier each time you play but damn it
I will be forced to play school mode for the third time to fill the rest of the report card
and play it 3 more times ?( to raise everyone up again ? )

WHYYYY

FluxWaveZ

Wait i need to have every report card filled if i want to see the events on the 51th day of school mode ?

I will be forced to play school mode for the third time to fill the rest of the report card

WHYYYY

Yeah, same thing happened to me. A very poor mode, really, but whatever.

Acid08

Banned

WHYYYY
Yup, it's a slog. But the little bits of extra content in the endings is nice.

Nachos

at least you have Hope that it is indeed localised.

Something something stepping stones.

So anyway, I just finished the translated version of 2 after not wanting to worry about accidentally being spoiled for give months and thought it was amazing (I thought 1 was pretty mediocre), but has NISA said anything more about the release?

Now that the September 2nd release date is a lock, I would've thought we'd hear something outside of PR material, even if there's still plenty of time to hype up the release and reveal more info. At the very least, considering the games don't have a billion dollars to sling around for voices alone, I hoped there'd be a few more non-union folks announcing who they voice. The situation with Celeste isn't really common in games, so I think it'd be fair to assume that unionized actors wouldn't be taking nonunion work.

Oh, and I can't even imagine how much 2 was probably a nightmare to localize.

I lent my PSP out to my sis so she could play because she had heard about it and thought it looked cool. I'm worried that her Tumblr obsession is going to ruin her though: she's a slow player (after a week she's between Maizono's death and the investigation for her trial), yet she's already noticed that "Tumblr seems to love Monokuma and 'that model chick' ".

All of the art and references to Junko around the internet is how I figured that she was the villian once she "dies" actually. Its rare for a character to be that well loved after dying in an early scene without a good reason, and Junko:Mukuro edition didn't earn what I'd call a good reason by the time she went out.

Nachos

I lent my PSP out to my sis so she could play because she had heard about it and thought it looked cool. I'm worried that her Tumblr obsession is going to ruin her though: she's a slow player (after a week she's between Maizono's death and the investigation for her trial), yet she's already noticed that "Tumblr seems to love Monokuma and 'that model chick' ".

All of the art and references to Junko around the internet is how I figured that she was the villian once she "dies" actually. Its rare for a character to be that well loved after dying in an early scene without a good reason, and Junko:Mukuro edition didn't earn what I'd call a good reason by the time she went out.

Eh, if she asks, just say something like "maybe it's because there's the school mode where you can talk to her as if she never died and the hair decorations are just a stylistic thing, since she is the ultimate fashionista."

Eh, if she asks, just say something like "maybe it's because there's the school mode where you can talk to her as if she never died and the hair decorations are just a stylistic thing, since she is the ultimate fashionista."

The School Mode bit might fly with her, but the hair decs are somewhat overt. I'll try not to mention Junko unless she specifically asks stuff about her, and use the School Mode thing if she does ask.

I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of a collector's edition, but if nothing materializes by late July or so then I'll just bite the bullet and pre-order the standard edition.

Waiting for the announcement for the LE so I can order that.

Then, when it gets hit by shipping delays, weather delays, random acts of god, I can then buy the digital version in despair so I'll actually get to play it on the first day.

Cause it only makes sense for it to happen again.

RetroMG

Ugh, a collector's edition could be so cool, but I really like being all-digital on my Vita, and I don't really want to double dip! What should I do! Such Despair!

DaBoss

Gotta distract yourself with other stuff. I've been doing that and it has been working quite well. And now I have school off as well!

Too bad DR2 releases when school starts again. >_>

Top Bottom