• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Deimo5

I’m making my way through School Mode now trying to fill in all the report cards. Big fat LOL at Celeste’s worst moment in her life being when she spilled tea on herself! Definitely one of my favourite characters!

What happens if you give a character a present they really love or if you give them one they don’t like? And when does School Mode actually end? Does it simply end on day 51 regardless of what you even do?

I think even if you give a bad gift with a report card interaction they can ask a question where you can make up for it, can't quite remember now. Probably still safer to give good gifts if you want to finish quicker.
Pretty sure it always ends on 51, I always completed the final monokuma design though so I don't actually know first hand. Just a different ending I'm guessing.

It is an unnecessarily long and grindy road to getting all the school mode endings though, hoping the sequel does not repeat this.

Deimo5

Ok thanks it's just having to go through all that put a bit of a damper on things after I enjoyed the main game a lot, my circle button got a real workout on the ng+ runs.
Still ended up being my second quickest platinum after pretty much buying it on a whim last week with minimal experience in the genre so waiting in anticipation for 2 now.

Never really saw School Mode as much of a grind though.

I think the most annoying part was repeating events in places cause some characters refused to have a great time when I was trying to maximize the number of endings I could get in one playthrough.

I will say the free time I had left over at the end of each playthrough was like a fun reward though~

What time is iiiiiiiiit? Pokéronpa Time, stupid! Today's entry is brought to you by Prince Albert himself, Leon Kuwata!

ApyOMjv.jpg

Litleo: It's a lion, which fits very well with his name! It even shares his hair colour and general derpyness, too!
Luxray: Another lion, only this one's more dark and brooding. It represents Leon's status as the first killer in the game since Luxray sightings are apparently bad omens, and its shaggy mane kinda resembles Leon's hairstyle too.
Loudred: Leon wants to be a rockstar, but apparently his singing voice is very, very bad. Loudred is a symbol of his aspirations and general cacophonous nature.
Sudowoodo: According to his Free Time Events, Leon desperately wants to be something he's not, similar to how the Rock-type Sudowoodo feebly pretends to be a tree to escape its true calling.
Castform: Adding to the above: Leon seems to go through professions like others go through tissue paper, which is reflected by how Castform can change into one of several forms in the blink of an eye. It's also suspiciously grey and naked and grins like an idiot.
Electrode: Here, dude. Lemme pitch it to ya. Electrode is a fast-moving spherical Pokémon which is half-red. You do the math.

Ultimate Despair arrives tomorrow, by the way. Gotta have something to offset the release of an incredible movie starring the best superhero!

HELLOOOOOOOOO, DANGAF! ARE YOU READY FOR JUNKO F*CKING ENOSHIMAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

Spinda: Who better to represent Monokuma than this loopy bear? He even shares Junko's patented swirly eyes!
Omastar: Originally this spot was going to be occupied by Tyranitar, but apparently I'd be doing it wrong if I didn't include the God of Anarchy himself. No big loss though, as both more-or-less symblozie the same thing: Junko's complete and total destruction of democracy as a whole.
Zoroark: Junko cycles through several different personalities out of boredom, each wildly different than the last, although her core principles and philosophies are present in each. This is similar to how Zoroark can take on the form of any living creature via illusion, but can do nothing to change its type or moveset.
Meloetta: Meloetta is hyper-popular and knows it, using her talents to exploit and take advantage of people and Pokémon alike. Junko would've gotten anywhere in her plan if it hadn't been for her status as a model, so the two are alike in that sense.
Honchkrow: Honchkrow are master manipulators with enough cunning to even cause infighting among the opponent's Pokémon, kinda like how Junko was able to cause people who were formerly the best of friends to murder each other violently.
Malamar: Both Junko and this Pokémon are the embodiment of grief and despair in their respective worlds, and they both have the ability to "brainwash" others into doing their bidding.

Tomorrow shall be dubbed Saturday. It's Togami Time, suckas.

PK Gaming

Freaking love that lineup (<3 Zoroark) and the descriptions are spot on. That background is super fitting and super hilarious.

Related: Malamar's tentacles are pretty similar to Junko's hair, especially when she's in her rocker persona.

Moonlight

Banned
Zoroark is straight up inspired. I think this is my favourite line-up yet. Used the Best Junko sprite, too!

...and am I blind or is that the Eiffel Tower burning behind her.

DaBoss

Best one so far, though they've all been pretty good.
Zoroark is straight up inspired. I think this is my favourite line-up yet. Used the Best Junko sprite, too!

...and am I blind or is that the Eiffel Tower burning behind her.
Seems like a Japanese/Chinese style building (sorry, I can't tell the difference!).

Holykael1

Banned
My rankings would be:
0- Junko/Monokuma(she is on another dimension of awesome lol)
1- Kyoko
2- Byakuya
3- Makoto
4- Hina
5- Sakura
6- Toko
7- Ishimaru
8- Chihiro
9- Mondo
10- Not-Junko
11- Hifumi
12- Celeste
13- Sayaka
14- Hiro
15- Leon

Sorian

Banned
I can't really rank them in a set order but I can tier them.

God Tier: Mastermind Junko, Hina, Kyoko

Awesome Tier: Celeste, Makoto, Byakuya, Ishimaru, Sakura

Average Tier: Sayaka, Mondo, Leon, Mukuro

Sub-Par Tier: Toko, Chihiro

Super Duper High School Level Garbage Tier: Hifumi, Hiro

It should be obvious but:

1. Ishimaru
2. Sakura
3. Chihiro
4. Mondo
5. Aoi
6. Kirigiri
7. Muroko
8. Leon
9. Maizono
10. Junko
11. Jill
12. Toko
13. Togami
14. Celeste
15. Hagakure
16. Yamada

Makoto doesn't have a character for me to rank him.

Any list without Mondo in the Top 3 is weak. Weak, weak, weak, weak, weak, weak, weak, weak!

1. Mondo
2. Taka
3. Hina
4. Sakura
5. Junko
6. Kyoko
7. Byakuya
8. Makoto
9. Chihiro
10. Mukuro
11. Celeste
12. Leon
13. Toko/Genocide Jack
14. Sayaka
15. Hiro
16. Hifumi

Caladrius

Let's see

Yay : Ishimaru, Chihiro, Junko, Mukuro, Makoto, Kyoko, Leon, Sakura

Meh : Toko, Aoi, Genocide Jill, Celeste, Byakuya, Sayaka

>:[ : Hagakure, Yamada, Mondo

DaBoss

I can't really rank them in a set order but I can tier them.

God Tier: Mastermind Junko, Hina, Kyoko

Awesome Tier: Celeste, Makoto, Byakuya, Ishimaru, Sakura

Average Tier: Sayaka, Mondo, Leon, Mukuro

Sub-Par Tier: Toko, Chihiro

Super Duper High School Level Garbage Tier: Hifumi, Hiro
Your list is nearly identical to mine lol.

I would just move Makoto and Mukuro to God Tier and make an entirely new tier for Byakuya.

Awesome but a fucking douchebag.

Sorian

Banned
Your list is nearly identical to mine lol.

I would just move Makoto and Mukuro to God Tier and make an entirely new tier for Byakuya.

Awesome but a fucking douchebag.

I tried to avoid giving anyone their own tier but if I had, Byakuya and Mastermind Junko would have each gotten their own. I was basing my opinion on Mukuro solely on game stuff, she gets a bump if I use outside material but just from DR1, I can't place her any higher.

PK Gaming

Favorites: Makoto, Kyoko, Junko, Toko, Mukuro, Chihiro

Neutral: Sayaka, Leon, Mondo, Byakuya

Dislike: Hifumi

Acid08

Banned
Totes Tops: Kyoko, Junko, Hina, Mukuro, Sakura

Down with: Taka, Makoto, Chihiro, Genocide Jill

They aight: Sayaka, Mondo, Byakuya, Celeste, Toko

Yo shut the fuck up: Hifumi, Leon, Hiro

Moonlight

Banned

Yeah, pretty much how my list looks like. I'd trade Taka with Byakuya, though.

Tonight on Pokéronpa: The affluent arse who's a bigger prick than a syringe-filled cactus, Byakuyaaaaaaaa Togamiiiiiiiiiiii!

Persian: A mean ol' puddy tat who can literally generate money, Yes, I think that Byakuya and Persian would get along swimmingly.
Roserade: Byakuya's larger-than-life, theatrical nature is reflected in Roserade, who uses its charm and grace to disguise its true venomous self.
Tyrantrum: Tyrantrum may look regal and intimidating, but in truth they're childish, whiny and immature, similar to how Byakuya thinks he's the smartest person on the planet and yet is perpetually shown up by his true intellectual equals, Kyoko and Makoto. On a more obvious level, it represents his spoiled brat status.
Serperior: Pretty self-explanatory, really. What else do you expect from the final evolution of a Pokémon known mostly as Smugleaf?
Cofagrigus: This unfortunately-named Pokémon constantly hungers for gold and riches, either to consume for sustainable or to add to its thick outer shell for defense, which can even lead to them devouring other Cofagrigus. This represents Byakuya's affluence and constant hunger for excitement and action, as well as the extents he's willing to go to for them.
Nuzleaf: Nuzleaf is the face and namesake of the infamous Nuzlocke Challenge, and represents the absurdity of Byakuya creating a self-imposed challenge in what should be a grave situation, as well as his general viewing of the entire scenario as a game for his amusement. Also they're dicks, just like Byakuya.

So which lovely lady gets the treatment next, DanGAF? Chihiro, Sayaka, Toko/Genocide Jack and Mukuro remain.

kewlmyc

Stealing and modifying your list because I'm too lazy to but them in a 1-16 order.

Faves: Taka, Kyoko, Junko, Mukuro, Sakura

Pretty Good: Hina, Mondo, Makoto, Chihiro, Celeste, Genocide Jill

Meh, Whatever: Hifumi, Byakuya, Leon, Toko

Fuck you guys: Sayaka, Hiro

Taka > Mondo > Hina = Kyoko > Sakura > Celeste > Chihiro > Genocide Jill = Mukuro > Makoto > Junko > Sayaka > Toko >>> Byakuya = Hifumi = Hiro = Leon

Wait?! People actually like Makoto?! He&#8217;s like one of the blandest, most boring main characters in existent.

Mondo got some last minute bonus points from me when he randomly mentioned that he really loves dogs.

You're clearly an impeccable judge of character. It goes something like this:

A Rank: Celestia
B Rank: Toko, Junko
C Rank: Chihiro, Kyoko, Sayaka
D Rank: Ishimaru, Sakura, Mukuro, Byakuya, Makoto
E Rank: Hiro, Mondo, Leon, Aoi
F Rank: Hifumi

Zk2IlW6.png

PK Gaming

Another awesome entry Scrafty. I'd like to see Mukuro next!
Wait?! People actually like Makoto?! He’s like one of the blandest, most boring main characters in existent.

Mondo got some last minute bonus points from me when he randomly mentioned that he really loves dogs.

Zk2IlW6.png

Is it really that surprising? Makoto's a herbivore, but he's got his fair share of moments. (like his crowning moments of awesome during the final act of the game)

I liked him a lot more than Junpei, the canuck-dweeb-from-Canada.

Is it really that surprising? Makoto's a herbivore, but he's got his fair share of moments. (like his crowning moments of awesome during the final act of the game)

I liked him a lot more than Junpei, the canuck-dweeb-from-Canada.

It is surprising to me. Wait.....

7Pu30Hg.png

"WHAT? Better than Junpei?"

7aQZuXI.png

"I'LL BURN YOU ALIVE!!!!!!!!"

FUUUUUUUUUU! I went to the Danganronpa Zero Wiki page to simply read the plot summary for it – I scroll down and BOOM! An image of a death from Danganronpa 2. Bloody hell! : (

DaBoss

FUUUUUUUUUU! I went to the Danganronpa Zero Wiki page to simply read the plot summary for it – I scroll down and BOOM! An image of a death from Danganronpa 2. Bloody hell! : (
I just checked and didn't see anything that wasn't from Danganronpa Zero.

But the page contains major spoilers for DR0.

DO NOT USE THE DANGANRONPA WIKI!!!

Sorian

Banned
When in doubt, turn off your computer and rock back in forth in the corner of your room, its the only way to avoid spoilers.

I just checked and didn't see anything that wasn't from Danganronpa Zero.

But the page contains major spoilers for DR0.

DO NOT USE THE DANGANRONPA WIKI!!!

Eh, I don't really care about spoilers for Zero (so long as it doesn't spoil anything for Danganronpa 2). I only care about spoilers when it comes to the two games.

The picture I saw must have been selected at random to link me to another article. What I saw was -
a little girl with blonde hair all tied up, and presumably dead.

Sorian

Banned
I'm not going to quote you because I don't want to see that spoiler regardless of what it is but know that Zero is apparently a really great story and come on, with your love of the ZE series, how could you not appreciate something named Zero :D

wikia always has recently uploaded images on the right side of every page. you're automatically taking a risk by simply visiting the site.

anyways it goes kyle hyde tier, then any ace attorney protag tier, then junpei tier, then at the bottom, makoto tier

Top Bottom