• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

PK Gaming

"Hey everyone! This guy's a big phoney! PHONEY!"

It's how I read DR2 as well, so no foul. Couldn't wait huh?

I hadn't realized just how good the fan translation was. When I learned that there were music cues and that the trials were fully translated, I figured I might as well jump in now. I honestly don't regret it. (I still plan on playing DR2 when it officially comes out)

Labrys

Was it from the Danganronpa 1+2 accessory pack thingy?

I have been tempted to order that...

Yeah, I ordered it with 1.2 reload.

it's good for what you get, I'd recommend it. Only downside is that the Monomi cover isn't anything like the Persona 4 Golden Limited one, it's pretty light weight and if your vita falls the plastic case is gonna take most of it.

Labrys

One of the two characters I hate from 2 happens to be most people's favorites, and my favorite character is one usually people hate with a passion, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes down.

Labrys

May I ask who are these characters? You got me interested :D

Oh, sure.

Least favorite:
Nagito Komaeda
Kazuichi Soda

Favorite:
Teruteru Hanamura

Nagito and Kazuichi are fawned over constantly by fans but I cannot stand them at all. Doesn't help every person I've met who has associated with Nagito have been creepy freaks. With that, Teruteru is usually berated for various reasons but I still love him, he also seems to be a victim of the "not conventionally attractive = not popular" bias.

With that though, the female cast in this game is not far behind Teruteru, in fact i could probably append Peko Pekoyama or Ibuki Mioda to that.

lol. We're talking in a way that doesn't reveal anything about the plot.

Also, I love everyone except for Saionji. Ugh...
I hate her too, but mostly I hate Mikan.

Least favorite:
Nagito Komaeda
Kazuichi Soda

Favorite:
Teruteru Hanamura

Nagito and Kazuichi are fawned over constantly by fans but I cannot stand them at all. Doesn't help every person I've met who has associated with Nagito have been creepy freaks. With that, Teruteru is usually berated for various reasons but I still love him, he also seems to be a victim of the "not conventionally attractive = not popular" bias.
I didn't like Teruteru that much but he wasn't that bad; Souda was so annoying though.
I kinda liked Komaeda in the end. It went up and down a bit during the whole game, there were moments when I hated him and moments when I really enjoyed his presence.

Nachos

Ibuki is my favorite DanganRonpa female. She's so good.
lPz7w1l.jpg

I really wanted to like (implications for another character)
Ibuki, but unless I missed something from not playing her island mode, I was really disappointed by her actual role in the story.
She's like the poster girl for typical Dangan Ronpa characterization: less character and more caricature.

(More stuff about said character)
It doesn't help that even without being able Japanese, I can clearly tell that a ton of her speech quirks were lost in translation.

From what i've played, DR2 doesn't even have a "girl"

They're all really, really good

I heard someone say that in general, the girls of 1 are better, while in 2, it's the guys. The guys are definitely better across the board, but I'd say that I prefer the girls, too. I would've liked Hinata in general for not being milquetoast like Makoto, but he genuinely became one of my favorite characters.

Ha, I didn't know you knew Japanese.

Also, DR2 is a rare case where I love all the characters except one, and I hate that one character with a burning passion.

Who would that be? Is it
(Stepping Stones)
?

I hadn't realized just how good the fan translation was. When I learned that there were music cues and that the trials were fully translated, I figured I might as well jump in now. I honestly don't regret it. (I still plan on playing DR2 when it officially comes out)

The first translation set has a lot of love put into it, bit I still think the prose suffers a bit since the main translator doesn't speak English or Japanese natively.

Oh, sure.

Least favorite:
Nagito Komaeda
Kazuichi Soda

Favorite:
Teruteru Hanamura

With that though, the female cast in this game is not far behind Teruteru, in fact i could probably append Peko Pekoyama or Ibuki Mioda to that.

(Mechanic discussion)
I like Souda well enough, but I could see him making some of the threads hitting OT lately.
(Stepping Stones)
And yeah, I may not like Nagito, either, but I can appreciate the ways he actually contributed to the story.

(Prologue and Chapter 1 characterizations)
Teruteru is hilarious, though, and I liked that he did seem to be more than a pansexual force of nature.

Nachos

Saionji, can't stand people like her in real life. Nagito is my favorite DR character. I loathe and adore him at the same time. Ibuki is second and my favorite female.

(Saiyonji Implications)
Yeah... Tried blocking her out of mind, honestly. And the thing is that she could've had an arc like another character, but she just stayed the same.

(Prologue Spoilers)
Brogami was also another favorite of mine. Funny how putting on a few extras pounds makes you so much more pleasant to be around.

Caladrius

DR2
I would love to stuff Saionji in a meat grinder, pour the bits into an injection molding machine and freeze it so that I may then defecate upon it.

PK Gaming

You guys should probably spoiler tag DR2 character discussion. Technically you aren't going into spoiler territory, but you're influencing the expectations of the people who haven't played DR2 yet.

Better safe than sorry!

Nachos

Got it. I personally don't get bothered by stuff you can find out in the first five minutes of the prologue, but I forgot some people want to go in completely blind.

Sorry!

kewlmyc

You guys should probably spoiler tag DR2 character discussion. Technically you aren't going into spoiler territory, but you're influencing the expectations of the people who haven't played DR2 yet.

Better safe than sorry!
Good point, I'll make sure to spoiler tag any discussion I do.

SDR2:

Even if some of the characters bother me in some way in SDR2, I like a good majority of the cast. A lot more of a majority than DR1's.

Nachos

SDR2:

Even if some of the characters bother me in some way in SDR2, I like a good majority of the cast. A lot more of a majority than DR1's.

Which characters were those? The only two characters I actually disliked were Saiyonji and Tsumiki. Everyone else was either well-executed and awesome or wasted potential to me. Even then, though, no one in the cast struck me as a true stinker.

LX_Theo

Banned
It feels as though DR2's subtitle of Goodbye Despair is really appropriate, since a lot of people will be singing that song once they get their hands on that sequel.

Nachos

Picked up a copy of 999. I look forward to telling you all how bad/good it is compared to DR.

Once you finish it, you'll have the inexplicable urge to say it's better than DR every chance you get.

I prefer Zero Escape a lot more as a whole, but even I see that the comparisons can get out of hand at times.

It feels as though DR2's subtitle of Goodbye Despair is really appropriate, since a lot of people will be singing that song once they get their hands on that sequel.

I really wish they had went with Aloha Despair, because depending on the context, it can either mean "hello" or "goodbye," while also being more appropriate for the island setting.

Here to keep your mind off Danganronpa 2, Danganronpa 1 is getting a stage play this fall that most of us will probably never get to see!

I'm morbidly curious to see how they handle Sakura.

Here to keep your mind off Danganronpa 2, Danganronpa 1 is getting a stage play this fall that most of us will probably never get to see!
If the Persona 4 Visuallive Show is anything to go by, it will be goofy and dumb as hell. And Monokuma being his normal self.

I'm morbidly curious to see how they handle Sakura.
Find the biggest, burliest, buff man they can find in Japan and put him a Schoolgirl Uniform, or putting it another way a man dressed in drag. This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest,

PLATINIUM GET !!!

Finally !!

I finally did school mode 6 times !!
That's way too much

WAY TOO MUCH
Locking the school mode endings if you don't have All cleared reports was a DUMB move..

But i did it ...after 37 hours....
Considering that i had played the psp version when the patch was released i can consider that i've played this game wayy too much.

bring it on DR2 !

PLATINIUM GET !!!

Finally !!

I finally did school mode 6 times !!
That's way too much

WAY TOO MUCH
Locking the school mode endings if you don't have All cleared reports was a DUMB move..

But i did it ...after 37 hours....
Considering that i had played the psp version when the patch was released i can consider that i've played this game wayy too much.

bring it on DR2 !

My final save data for the game is 85 hours, 40 minutes and 05 seconds! O_O

My final save data for the game is 85 hours, 40 minutes and 05 seconds! O_O
Well

I'm actually annoyed since i had planned to use 20 hours at most on this game since i had already played the psp fan translated version

So i spent way more time than i expected on this.

School mode was a cool idea , and full of great moments , especially the endings , but locking said endings behind a fully completed report set was a freaking mistake. I understand that the school mode ending are tied to the stuffs in the talks that you get during the reports, but then just lock the characters that don't have the report page filled !

best moments :
Toko
2014-04-25-171632.jpg

Asahina
2014-04-17-211319.jpg

Celeste
2014-04-15-191147.jpg

In short i spend a good amount of time in this vita version
2014-04-03-220613.jpg

And i loved it overall

Wazzy

Banned
God Hiro sucks. Of all characters to survive, why him?

Also all of the spoiler DR2 talk is making me want to highlight so badly. ; ;

Rocksxp

Neo Member
GOD DAMMIT
Just ran into a major spoiler on the "miracle never happen" page on Tumblr.
Is Junko coming back a major spoiler?
SDR2

PK Gaming

So I... I finished DanganRonpa 2. I don't really know what to say... Going in, I thought the hype of the game was a tad ridiculous, especially after completing DR1 (which I personally thought was fantastic) but when all's said and done, I can honestly that DR2 is phenomenal. It absolutely lives up to the hype, and is exponentially better than 1.

It takes the best aspects of DR1 and perfects it. It takes the worst aspects of DR1 and reworks them or removes them altogether. And best of all, it respects DR1.

It's a Super High School Level Game, through and through.

GOD DAMMIT
Just ran into a major spoiler on the "miracle never happen" page on Tumblr.
Is Junko coming back a major spoiler?
SDR2

It's a significant spoiler, but not a game ruiner. DR2 is chock filled with twists and turns, and you ran into the one that wouldn't completely ruin your experience.

Labrys

The same time the OT for 2 goes up I'll also be putting a spoiler OT in check so stuff like that doesn't get posted here.

The same time the OT for 2 goes up I'll also be putting a spoiler OT in check so stuff like that doesn't get posted here.

If you don't mind, I wouldn't mind doing the spoiler thread.

Would like to do something for the second game that isn't that time investing :p

Top Bottom