• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Rocksxp

Neo Member
Runs into major spoiler, posts it here. STAHP.

DESPAIR doe

It's a significant spoiler, but not a game ruiner. DR2 is chock filled with twists and turns, and you ran into the one that wouldn't completely ruin your experience.
I don't really see the point of being spoiler free now .
I'm the kinda guy who can't be halfway, its ether completely spoiler-free (except for promos and shit) or know every single thing.
Thanks for the encouragement though.
How the fan translation ? I just read that if it's good enough.

PK Gaming

DESPAIR doe

I'm the kinda guy who can't be halfway, its ether completely spoiler-free (except for promos and shit) or know every single thing.

It's very good.

The fan translation is split up into 3 separate fan translations; The first one covers the first 3 chapters in intricate detail (trials are fully translated, music cues are given, trivia, etc). The last 2 translations cover the rest of the chapters, but have slightly less polish (though the trials are still fully translated).

I think you can still enjoy DanganRonpa 2 in spite of that spoiler you read.

Labrys

If you don't mind, I wouldn't mind doing the spoiler thread.

Would like to do something for the second game that isn't that time investing :p

Oh! Sure go ahead, I'll just be posting the OT the sunday before it comes out (August 31st) so go ahead and post it afterward.

I'd like to start getting graphics done for the OT but I still need name and Ultimate title confirmations.

Oh! Sure go ahead, I'll just be posting the OT the sunday before it comes out (August 31st) so go ahead and post it afterward.

I'd like to start getting graphics done for the OT but I still need name and Ultimate title confirmations.
Only a bit over 4 months to go... @_@

*shakes violently*

Labrys

*shakes violently*

I'm a bit more excited for the beginning of August myself (OTAKON) but yep!

Managed to get a basic version of photoshop so the skills I learned in my digital design class won't go to waste, hopefully my OT manages to look nice!

Rocksxp

Neo Member
It's very good.

The fan translation is split up into 3 separate fan translations; The first one covers the first 3 chapters in intricate detail (trials are fully translated, music cues are given, trivia, etc). The last 2 translations cover the rest of the chapters, but have slightly less polish (though the trials are still fully translated).

So like DR zero then? I definitely give it a read.

I think you can still enjoy DanganRonpa 2

Don't get me wrong, I'm still day one for the NA release I'm just wanting to know the full story now.

in spite of that spoiler you saw.

SDR2
Heh Fixed
I don't know what the fuck was happening but shit was going down.
I couldn't even tell if it was a spoiler for sure in till I read the tags.

Thanks! I'll try to meet up with people's lofty expectations.

*shakes violently*

Can't believe it's so soon~

I'm a bit more excited for the beginning of August myself (OTAKON) but yep!

Managed to get a basic version of photoshop so the skills I learned in my digital design class won't go to waste, hopefully my OT manages to look nice!

Looking forward to July for AX so I can bug NISA or something and I'm sure the OT will look great!

-----------------------------------------------------

Saw this bit of info that was interesting on tumblr (don't want to link it since the rest of the post is literally SDR2 spoilers:

Sorry to Tokawa shippers (myself included ;w;), but on Dangan Radio, the creators revealed that Togami’s baby in the DR Bad End was Asahina’s child, not Fukawa’s.

Man, all the pairings in the first game are doomed.

PK Gaming

Bi the way (SRD2)

Is it me, or are several of the SDR2 ambigiously gay/bi? Komaeda, Mioda, Saoinji, Tsumiki, and Teruteru, to be specific.

kewlmyc

Bi the way (SRD2)

Is it me, or are several of the SDR2 ambigiously gay? Komaeda, Mioda, Saoinji, Tsumiki, and Teruteru, to be specific.

...what? I'll give you Komaeda since he pretty much confesses to Hinata in his Island mode finale and Saionji because it's obvious, the the rest confuse me. Teruteru just come off as a huge pervert in general to me. What are you basing this on?
EDIT: Forgot about Tsumiki after the trial. Yeah, she definitely is.

Labrys

Bi the way (SRD2)

Is it me, or are several of the SDR2 ambigiously gay/bi? Komaeda, Mioda, Saoinji, Tsumiki, and Teruteru, to be specific.

Teruteru is definitely bisexual, maybe pan. Tsumiki is probably a lesbian. Komaeda is def in love with Hinata so there's some weight there, but having finished the game I saw nothing indicating Ibuki or Saionji to be gay/bi/etc.

WITH THAT BEING SAID let's nip sdr2 spoiler discussion at the bud here.

DaBoss

So I... I finished DanganRonpa 2. I don't really know what to say... Going in, I thought the hype of the game was a tad ridiculous, especially after completing DR1 (which I personally thought was fantastic) but when all's said and done, I can honestly that DR2 is phenomenal. It absolutely lives up to the hype, and is exponentially better than 1.

It takes the best aspects of DR1 and perfects it. It takes the worst aspects of DR1 and reworks them or removes them altogether. And best of all, it respects DR1.

It's a Super High School Level Game, through and through.
Oh man, the hype is real. And you were using the SA translation right?

Now I'm even more hyped.

PK Gaming

...what? I'll give you Komaeda since he pretty much confesses to Hinata in his Island mode finale and Saionji because it's obvious, the the rest confuse me. Teruteru just come off as a huge pervert in general to me. What are you basing this on?
EDIT: Forgot about Tsumiki after the trial. Yeah, she definitely is.

Teruteru is constantly flirts boys and girls alike. During the beach sequence in the prologue, he gleefully accepts Nidai's sarcastic offer to rub him down with oil, and later on, talks about engaging in boy love with Hinata.

As for Mioda, it's not really overt, but it's there. She really doesn't miss a chance to gush about how attractive the other girls are, which isn't sexually charged in itself, but it seems to happen frequently. EX: "It makes Ibuki’s heart go beyond thump thump and into the boom boom level! It’s so loud it might go out of order!" - (upon seeing Chiaki in a bikini) and " Hyohyohyo, Ibuki can’t get enough of her!" - (upon seeing Tsumiki in that embarrassing pose).

It's circumstantial evidence on it's own, but when you pair it up with her artbook* entry (which says she liked cute girls) the pieces start falling into place.

*Uncorroborated, as I've never read the artbook, so i'm not 100% sure.
Oh man, the hype is real. And you were using the SA translation right?

Now I'm even more hyped.

Yup, for the first 3 chapters.

EDIT: Oh, sorry about the DR2 discusssion. If you guys want to continue, perhaps we should take it to the PMs?

Sorian

Banned
So I... I finished DanganRonpa 2. I don't really know what to say... Going in, I thought the hype of the game was a tad ridiculous, especially after completing DR1 (which I personally thought was fantastic) but when all's said and done, I can honestly that DR2 is phenomenal. It absolutely lives up to the hype, and is exponentially better than 1.

It takes the best aspects of DR1 and perfects it. It takes the worst aspects of DR1 and reworks them or removes them altogether. And best of all, it respects DR1.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Everyone always says this and I know the game is going to be phenomenal.

September pls come faster all over me.

Labrys

I just really really want SDR2 to be a surprise for the new guys who didn't get it through reading the LP, it's one hell of a ride and like previously said, one spoiler tag broken can ruin it all.

Back when Persona 4 came out on another forum, I was a bit further ahead of everyone else, accidentally forgot to close my [/spoiler] and accidentally spoiled a major event, I'd hate for that to happen here.

PK Gaming

I just really really want SDR2 to be a surprise for the new guys who didn't get it through reading the LP, it's one hell of a ride and like previously said, one spoiler tag broken can ruin it all.

Back when Persona 4 came out on another forum, I was a bit further ahead of everyone else, accidentally forgot to close my [/spoiler] and accidentally spoiled a major event, I'd hate for that to happen here.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I refuse to even post my thoughts on any of the major revelations (even with spoiler tags). SDR2 has several great twists, but there's one that would absolutely ruin the game if you knew about it beforehand. It's too risky to even allude to it (this is why you cannot visit the DR wiki, under any circumstances) Luckily, you'd really have to go out of your way to find it.

But yea, you guys should hold out until it's released. I know you can do it; after all, you're Neogaf's shining hope.

EDIT: Please try to avoid checking up on the english VAs for SDR2.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, I know what you mean. I refuse to even post my thoughts on any of the major revelations (even with spoiler tags). SDR2 has several great twists, but there's one that would absolutely ruin the game if you knew about it beforehand. It's too risky to even allude to it (this is why you cannot visit the DR wiki, under any circumstances) Luckily, you'd really have to go out of your way to find it.

But yea, you guys should hold out until it's released. I know you can do it; after all, you're Neogaf's shining hope.

EDIT: Please try to avoid checking up on the english VAs for SDR2.

Funny coming from the one who fell into despair and wouldn't just wait like the rest of us. ; ;

In terms of your edit,
you aren't just talking about how makoto does the voice of the dude in your avatar right? Obviously, don't answer me with spoilers or anything, I just ask because its my understanding that the VA being the same was obvious for whatever reason, same with his name being an anagram of makoto's

PK Gaming

Funny coming from the one who fell into despair and wouldn't just wait like the rest of us. ; ;

In terms of your edit,
you aren't just talking about how makoto does the voice of the dude in your avatar right? Obviously, don't answer me with spoilers or anything, I just ask because its my understanding that the VA being the same was obvious for whatever reason, same with his name being an anagram of makoto's

Yeah, a pathetic loser like me could never hold out... but you guys are different, I know you can do it.

Re: My edit

No, not just that. Trust me when I say it would be a very bad idea to search for up the english VAs. I was skimming through facebook/twitter, and one of the VAs alluded to an event in the game...

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, a pathetic loser like me could never hold out... but you guys are different, I know you can do it.

No, not just that. Trust me when I say it would be a very bad idea to search for up the english VAs. I was skimming through facebook/twitter, and one of the VAs alluded to an event in the game...

Oh ok, fair enough. Welp, 4 more months of hiding in my hidey hole.

Edit: I'm going to get spoiled like a week before the game releases, I know it already.

Nachos

DESPAIR doe

If it helps any (regarding the specific usage of said spoiler):
The implementation is so tacked-on and inconsequential to the overall story that I know a few people (myself included) who would've preferred that character didn't return at all.

In terms of your edit,

(Not really a spoiler at all, but probably best avoided if you want to go in fresh)
I'd hardly call that a spoiler, though. They beat you over the head with it so much, considering:
  • They both share the same voice actor/actress
  • They both wear a visually-similar green hoodie
  • Nagito's hair looks just like the hair Makoto has in his distressed sprite, except bleached
  • Like you mentioned, Nagito Komaeda is an anagram of "Makoto Naegi da" or "I am Makoto Naegi"

They're very clearly trying to hit you over the head with the connections.

EDIT: I hate antiquated BBS code. I forgot you can't just wrap a list in a spoiler tag and call it a day.

Sorian

Banned
(Not really a spoiler at all, but probably best avoided if you want to go in fresh)
I'd hardly call that a spoiler, though. They beat you over the head with it so much, considering:
  • They both share the same voice actor/actress
  • They both wear a visually-similar green hoodie
  • Nagito's hair looks just like the hair Makoto has in his distressed sprite, except bleached
  • Like you mentioned, Nagito Komaeda is an anagram of "Makoto Naegi da" or "I am Makoto Naegi"

They're very clearly trying to hit you over the head with the connections.

Oh yeah, I know they beat you over the head with it. That's why I don't really consider it a spoiler. Anything someone could figure out from looking at pre-release promotional material is fair game. Speculation/No one should address this in any way unless you also know nothing about SDR2:
I would be amazed if this wasn't the biggest red herring ever

Edit: You got it fixed then messed it up again lol

Nachos

Oh yeah, I know they beat you over the head with it. That's why I don't really consider it a spoiler. Anything someone could figure out from looking at pre-release promotional material is fair game. Speculation/No one should address this in any way unless you also know nothing about SDR2:
I would be amazed if this wasn't the biggest red herring ever

Edit: You got it fixed then messed it up again lol

BBS code can be really finicky sometimes. ;_;

And yeah, I personally agree, but other people don't even want to know who the cast is, even if they already finished the game themselves. I've read some people don't even want to look at the box art too closely, in fear that it'll unravel the secrets of the universe, every SDR2 spoiler included.

For the record, the only (tiny) thing you can gleam from the box is that
Byakuya returns as one of the students.

I wouldn't put it past NISA to spoil the entire game in their first trailer, though.

Labrys

Mind PMing me the facebook/twitter thing in question? I'm interested to see what was alluded to.

Rocksxp

Neo Member
If it helps any (regarding the specific usage of said spoiler):
The implementation is so tacked-on and inconsequential to the overall story that I know a few people (myself included) who would've preferred that character didn't return at all.
SDR2
I'm not mad anymore.
I know there are tons of great fan art out there just waiting to be seen and I haven't even listened to the soundtrack of DR1 all to make sure I was completely spoiler-free. I feel like if I don't read it now I'm going to run into a bigger spoiler in the future, and if that happens it's going to ruin my experience of SDR2.
Plus I've already started reading the translation so it's a moot point now.

So many bars ... too afraid to click on them !!
Stay strong.

I had a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally close call yesterday. I accidentally clicked on something on another site, and the very first line was someone saying who the mastermind of DR2 is. I could feel my heart sink into my stomach, but I thought it seemed odd so I checked it again, and I realized it was just someone's personal speculation and not a spoiler. (They hadn't played DR2 yet.)

I can't remember the last time I let out such a sign of relief. :3

Nachos

I'm tempted to click on them D:

In the case of my spoilers, it's nothing you can't figure out from there first five minutes or even glancing at the scant promotional material out there for the English version. And I'm not even talking about stuff that could hence implications for the later chapters, either; it's all very surface-level, as long as you've beaten 1. I just put them in tags for courtesy's sake.

PK Gaming

tumblr_n4q2s6QCpm1rfr85fo1_500.png

tumblr_n4q2s6QCpm1rfr85fo2_500.png

tumblr_n4q2s6QCpm1rfr85fo3_500.png

Source

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm going to gather a bunch of DR comics in the coming weeks.

Just leave it to me~

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

So this is why you've been spamming my dumblr feed with a bunch of DR stuff.

I had to scroll through a lot of that because I don't want to get spoiled.

PK Gaming

So this is why you've been spamming my dumblr feed with a bunch of DR stuff.

I had to scroll through a lot of that because I don't want to get spoiled.

I made a seperate tumblr account for that express purpose

I guess I must have been posting in my original account by accident

Hinata_%2813%29.png

Wait, what? Holy shit.
Who is Mayu_Yousuke, someone from Atlus? More than 1000 retweets and 800 favourites? My heart is going doki doki lol

I did that art for the persona cosplay art week in the persona community thread:

lol, it's probably a Japanese fan who found it somewhere on the internet.

So you know GAF > Internet > GAF

Didn't realize you drew them, very nice work.
P3 needs to come

lol, it's probably a Japanese fan who found it somewhere on the internet.

So you know GAF > Internet > GAF

Didn't realize you drew them, very nice work.
P3 needs to come

Yep thats the truth.

Unfortunately is pretty difficult to mix the P3 character tropes with the characters left remaining of Danganronpa (1st game at least, im not going to look for anything of the second until it releases). Chihiro with Fuuka is the easiest one (even though, well, that thing lol) but the rest of the characters are difficult to match.

Dakkumauji, I approve of your current Ishimaru avatar. From a pure aesthetic perspective, I've grown pretty fond of "Despair!Ishimaru".

So here's a fun bit a friend of mine tipped me off to.

I think the demo for the original game has already been discussed a bit in this thread, but for those who don't know, the demo released prior to the original release of Danganronpa was essentially the same as the first case in the full release (though with parts cut out), but with Hiro as the first victim (and Mukuro still alive). I had always assumed this meant that Leon was once again the killer, but I recently learned that this isn't the case. I guess I'll spoiler tag the rest for those who don't want to spoiled on the... um... demo that you'll probably never play. But what the hell, I guess.

In the demo, the killer is actually Hifumi, which is only indicated by a remark Hifumi makes in passing about getting potato chips, and later finding potato chip grease on the handle of the lint roller. So that's pretty neat.

Beyond that, though, there was a manga adaptation of the demo that saw very limited release alongside the initial release of the game. It's yet to be translated and it's very short, but it actually depicts the trial in its entirety, while the demo version cuts off in the middle. So yes, this manga also depicts Hifumi's execution. Which is very gratifying.

So yeah, go look for that, if you get the chance!

Yep thats the truth.

Unfortunately is pretty difficult to mix the P3 character tropes with the characters left remaining of Danganronpa (1st game at least, im not going to look for anything of the second until it releases). Chihiro with Fuuka is the easiest one (even though, well, that thing lol) but the rest of the characters are difficult to match.

Akihiko as Ishimaru. no, there's no bias, stop asking

Dakkumauji, I approve of your current Ishimaru avatar. From a pure aesthetic perspective, I've grown pretty fond of "Despair!Ishimaru".

Mastermind|Ishimaru is my new favorite thing.

I think the demo for the original game has already been discussed a bit in this thread, but for those who don't know, the demo released prior to the original release of Danganronpa was essentially the same as the first case in the full release (though with parts cut out), but with Hiro as the first victim (and Mukuro still alive). I had always assumed this meant that Leon was once again the killer, but I recently learned that this isn't the case. I guess I'll spoiler tag the rest for those who don't want to spoiled on the... um... demo that you'll probably never play. But what the hell, I guess.

In the demo, the killer is actually Hifumi, which is only indicated by a remark Hifumi makes in passing about getting potato chips, and later finding potato chip grease on the handle of the lint roller. So that's pretty neat.

Beyond that, though, there was a manga adaptation of the demo that saw very limited release alongside the initial release of the game. It's yet to be translated and it's very short, but it actually depicts the trial in its entirety, while the demo version cuts off in the middle. So yes, this manga also depicts Hifumi's execution. Which is very gratifying.

PM me if you got links!

That sounds like the perfect first case ever. Ahhhh, I feel like I'm in despair that it isn't canon.

Holy shit, just playing school mode and doing the Leon part, and if I hate him in the main game, here is even worse. The part of being musician because he wants to fuck a girl he found at a salon.
Fuck him, what a douche.
And now he is talking about fucking Sayaka... I really hope that when Sayaka said she had a crush was talking about Makoto and not Leon. This guy is trash.

EDIT: Now doing Yasuhiro (starting for the worst characters first), and it didn't redeem his character but I think he has said the first funny thing in the whole game. Does a trial prediction for Makoto and says that the mother of Makoto's children is the same mother of his children, obviously a reference to the bad ending. Congrats Yasuhiro, with your 20% you guessed right the bad ending lol

Akihiko as Ishimaru. no, there's no bias, stop asking

Im not going to lie, I already thought about that mix. The problem are the other characters though.

PK Gaming

Wow, I wish I could see that play out. It sucks that we barely get any of the DR side material.

This is truly despair-inducing. So despair-inducing...

kewlmyc

I knew Hiro died, but I didn't know who the killer was. Good stuff.

Why wasn't this the real first case? >_<

Acid08

Banned

Lol that sounds awesome. Not having to deal with Hiro for the entire game? Amazing.

Though the first case in the game is still incredible.

Im not going to lie, I already thought about that mix. The problem are the other characters though.

Well I imagine mostly cause the most likely choices have already been used for P4 characters.

Akihiko = Ishimaru
Fuuka = Chihiro
Aegis = Mukuro

Then the rest have already been used like
Mitsuri = Kirigiri
Yukari = Aoi?
Junpei = Leon?
Shinjiro = Mondo?
I guess Minato = Makoto
Koromaru = Monokuma?
Ken = Yamada/Hagakure/someone who don't like

i hope hiro shows up as playable in another episode as a cyborg ninja

THAT'D SHOW YOU GUYS

hey, considering he'll probably 500% more useful as a cyborg ninja I'll be all for it
if only he dies midway

Top Bottom