• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

DaBoss

The supplmental stuff for Danganronpa are god damn awesome. Everybody should read DR0 and IF. Only the latter is going come officially to the west sadly. :(

Sorian

Banned
Damn man, that Makoto hate. He's a pretty cool guy though, I'd hang out with him if he were real. Dude is pretty smart too for being a regular high school student.

Bankslammer has it right though, no one is better than Kyle Hyde. I should do a replay of those games this summer.

I’ll definitely check out Zero and IF after I finish Danganronpa 2. The main reason I didn’t want to look into them was because of my fear of Danganronpa 2 getting spoiled - and just look at how that turned out for me!

I don’t mind getting spoilt when it comes to Zero or IF because I look at them at just a ‘bonus’ – kinda like ‘the answers’ for Virtue’s Last Reward. Anyway, I hope that pic wasn’t a big deal and it’s early in the game! ;_;

Sorian

Banned
I’ll definitely check out Zero and IF after I finish Danganronpa 2. The main reason I didn’t want to look into them was because of my fear of Danganronpa 2 getting spoiled - and just look at how that turned out for me!

I don’t mind getting spoilt when it comes to Zero or IF because I look at them at just a ‘bonus’ – kinda like ‘the answers’ for Virtue’s Last Reward. Anyway, I hope that pic wasn’t a big deal and it’s early in the game! ;_;

They are more like "the answers" for 999 though. They are supplementary material for the first game in the series not the second, they won't spoil you on SDR2 since they both came out before SDR2.

Edit: And yes, I know you mean spoil in terms of looking for those and stumbling on something else but other people have been able to hunt down translations safely.

They are more like "the answers" for 999 though. They are supplementary material for the first game in the series not the second, they won't spoil you on SDR2 since they both came out before SDR2.

Edit: And yes, I know you mean spoil in terms of looking for those and stumbling on something else but other people have been able to hunt down translations safely.

Oh yes, I meant to say 999, not Virtue's Last Reward.

PK Gaming

FUUUUUUUUUU! I went to the Danganronpa Zero Wiki page to simply read the plot summary for it – I scroll down and BOOM! An image of a death from Danganronpa 2. Bloody hell! : (

Oof, that seriously bites. Hopefully its an early game death...

wikia always has recently uploaded images on the right side of every page. you're automatically taking a risk by simply visiting the site.

anyways it goes Miles Edgeworth tier, then Kyle Hyde tier, then Phoenix Wright tier, then Athena/Apollo tier, then Sigma tier, then Makoto tier, and finally at the bottom, Junpei tier.

Fixed

kewlmyc

Sayaka and Mukuro are neck-in-neck for the next subject of Pokéronpa. Who will cast the decisive vote?

Mukuro because Sayaka sucks.

FUUUUUUUUUU! I went to the Danganronpa Zero Wiki page to simply read the plot summary for it – I scroll down and BOOM! An image of a death from Danganronpa 2. Bloody hell! : (

Went to the page you're taking about and saw it. Yeah, it's silly, but that's how the photo section works: it shows thumbnails of the latest photos to be uploaded, and it seems like someone is in the middle of uploading murder screenshots. Bit of bad luck, sorry bro.

Went to the page you're taking about and saw it. Yeah, it's silly, but that's how the photo section works: it shows thumbnails of the latest photos to be uploaded, and it seems like someone is in the middle of uploading murder screenshots. Bit of bad luck, sorry bro.

I don't wanna know what case the death I saw happens in, but can you tell me if it happens early-ish, middle-ish or late-ish in the game? If it’s early on that would make me feel a bit better.

kewlmyc

I don't wanna know what case the death I saw happens in, but can you tell me if it happens early-ish, middle-ish or late-ish in the game? If it’s early on that would make me feel a bit better.

It's not early-ish, that's all I'll tell you.

EDIT: The guy uploading them uploaded all of the murder related screenshots within minutes of each other, so I'm assuming you saw the last ones he uploaded.

Comin' at ya today is a double-dose of Pokéronpa to make up for my schedule slip yesterday. Today's first subject is the dearly departed corpse warblade, Mukuroooooo Ikusabaaaaaa!

zKdOcMC.jpg

Lucario: There's not much to work with in regards to her true personality, so bear with me here. Lucario is representative of Fenrir, whose members are characterized by their wolf tattoos. Lucario is also incredibly popular despite being entirely unimportant in its debut game, much like how Mukuro is one of the most well-loved characters in DR even though her role in the story is minimal.
Manectric: Wolf wolves wolf wolves wolf wolves. It's in its Mega Form to better fit the Wolf of Ragnarok's appearance.
Beedrill: This one's a bit of a cruel joke, as Beedrill's name in Japan is Spear.
Forrettress: This shelled Pokémon's true appearance has never been observed by humans, similar to how Mukuro's true nature is never known to the her fellow students (well, at least after their memories got wiped). It also represents the Ultimate Soldier's military vocation, having the potential to be both an impenetrable fortress and an action bomb.
Mawile: "Deception" is the name of Mawile's game, and as such I think it's rather fitting for Mukuro to be in cahoots with a Pokémon who masks its cute appearance with a fierce demeanor and unparalleled strength.
Shedinja: Shedinja only has 1 HP, meaning that it needs to avoid taking any damage whatsoever if it wants to survive on the battlefield. Mukuro went her whole mercenary career without suffering a single injury, so she'd naturally be drawn to such an indomitable Pokémon.

I guess pairing up cool characters with losers is something I do on double days to make my life easier.

Tangrowth: They've both got impossibly shaggy hair, maaaaaaaaan. Also Tangrowth is outclassed in every one of its potential roles by better Pokémon, just like how Hiro is the most useless student of the group.
Xatu: Xatu and Hiro are both known for their predictions, albeit the former's are faaaaaaaar more consistently accurate than the latter's. By like, 80%.
Spiritomb: I couldn't think of another Pokémon to adequately represent Hiro's strange fascination with the occult, so here ya go.
Garbodor: Hiro's the Super-Duper High School Bum, so he probably owns like 10 of these.
Rampardos: As much as I hate associating Hiro with one of my favourite Pokémon, their skulls are probably of comparable thickness.
Wobbuffet: This Team Rocket alum can take an astonishing number of hits and somehow stay in the game against all odds, similar to how Hiro inexplicably survived Murder Murder Revolution despite being the last one anyone would bet on.

Who could be next? Maybe those who are psychic have good intuition can tell!

23. Characters from previous Danganronpa games will appear in Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo: Danganronpa: Another Episode.

When scenario writer Kazutaka Kodaka was asked to comment, he said that’s remaining mum about whether anybody else beyond Komaru Naegi, the younger sister of the first game’s protagonist, and Toko Fukawa would show up in the upcoming Vita action game spin-off for Danganronpa. He did, however, forward them a new screenshot that shows an altogether new boy joining the fray in an unknown capacity. Famitsu was additionally told that the scenario was complete and while a release date hasn’t been announced yet, “good news” is set to arrive in the coming days.

The magazine also has two new screenshots of Another Episode.

Source

Yessssss, give me all the Another Episode news. Wonder if the new boy will have some Super Duper ability.

FluxWaveZ

News in the coming days, huh. That's cool. Still don't know how I should feel about this spin-off, though. Having just played Danganronpa without reading Zero or playing DR2, of course, it seems a bit... weird?

So was I the only one that thought the anagram/hangman minigame was the lamest of the bunch? Maybe I'm just bitter about the Chapter 2 iteration where the patch (how I played) used DID to be the answer. I literally guessed every letter for that (and somehow got them all right on the first show). From the video I saw of the official localization, they used Schizo which I think I would have been more likely to figure out on my own. It still felt like the lamest of the bunch despite that.

I also remember being annoyed at first about the BTB/MTB minigame because I didn't understand how it worked the first time. It lead to my first game over in the one against Leon. But once I finally understood what I was doing and realized that it was pretty much a rhythm game with specific button presses, it was pretty fun.

The main Nonstop Debates and Climax Inferences were definitely the best of the bunch though. I REALLY liked how you could use one part of the testimony/debate as ammo to contradict another part.

So was I the only one that thought the anagram/hangman minigame was the lamest of the bunch? Maybe I'm just bitter about the Chapter 2 iteration where the patch (how I played) used DID to be the answer. I literally guessed every letter for that (and somehow got them all right on the first show). From the video I saw of the official localization, they used Schizo which I think I would have been more likely to figure out on my own. It still felt like the lamest of the bunch despite that.
I'm pretty sure everyone feels this way.

The only good thing about it is the music and the name.

kewlmyc

News in the coming days, huh. That's cool. Still don't know how I should feel about this spin-off, though. Having just played Danganronpa without reading Zero or playing DR2, of course, it seems a bit... weird?

It's set between DR and DR2, so it shouldn't be that weird. It's just showing everyone what the outside world is like, I assume.

FluxWaveZ

It's set between DR and DR2, so it shouldn't be that weird. It's just showing everyone what the outside world is like, I assume.

I'm not talking about timeline. I'm talking about what's going on in that game, which consists of—from the little I've seen of it—shooting megaphone sounds at Monokuma killer dolls? Again, it might make more sense when experiencing other DR material, but it seems very weird having just played DR.

I'm not talking about timeline. I'm talking about what's going on in that game, which consists of—from the little I've seen of it—shooting megaphone sounds at Monokuma killer dolls? Again, it might make more sense when experiencing other DR material, but it seems very weird having just played DR.

Well it is supposed to be some action game. It is also maybe? Spike Chunsoft's first real attempt at an action game, so it would definitely be interesting to see what they do with this.

I mean, we literally know almost nothing about it especially gameplay-wise, so hopefully this upcoming news about it sheds more light about it.

I also hope this leads to making more Danganronpa games in other genres. Like a fighting game, will be swell. Just swell.

Honestly it's not much better with full knowledge of everything

Wazzy

Banned
Can DR IF just become the canon so that Taka and Mukuro are alive. ; ;

I am interested in this action game. I didn't even know about it until now.

I like the finality of the ending of DR1, but I think I'd be ok if School Time was the canon if only for a living Taka.

I'm surprised that Spike didn't try to paint this School Time portion of the game as being what happened during the happier first year of the school, instead of being an alternate sort of What If thing. But maybe the devs thought it would be depressing to show the kids being happy and cheerful only for them to kill each other later on.

FluxWaveZ

I'm surprised that Spike didn't try to paint this School Time portion of the game as being what happened during the happier first year of the school, instead of being an alternate sort of What If thing. But maybe the devs thought it would be depressing to show the kids being happy and cheerful only for them to kill each other later on.

Haha, I really don't think they care about that. It's probably that it would have been too much effort to have constructed something like that. I believe there'd have to be no Monokuma, no cameras, no guns or whatever else would contradict the peaceful times they were supposedly having before they lost their memories. The dialogue between characters would be dramatically different and probably way more plentiful to set up context, real Junko would be running around, Mukuro would as well so she'd need her own sprites...

I like the finality of the ending of DR1, but I think I'd be ok if School Time was the canon if only for a living Taka.

Nah, I'm pretty sure the devs relish in the despair. School Mode is just proof of that!

Heyo, DanGAF Ronpa! It's been a few days since the last iteration of Pokéronpa, so let's get back on the proverbial horse and charge on ahead with today's special guest: the blackhearted weaboo idol, Sayakaaaa Maizonoooooooo!

Jigglypuff: It's a given, really! Both Sayaka and Jiggs are outwardly cute singing sensations with mean streaks longer than the Thames, so they'd probably be drawn to each other like me to a candy store.
Chatot: What's a musician without a metronome? I couldn't find a Pokémon to adequately represent her prior relationship with Makoto (what with the crane and all that), so I just settled for this musically-inclined bird to pull double duty.
Togekiss: Togekiss' main priority is to fly around the world on its supersonic jet wings, making people happy along the way. Sayaka's idol status allows her to spread the happiness she was deprived of as a child to the rest of the world, albeit sans awesome jet wings.
Glameow: This little kitty isn't afraid to use its charms to bend others to its will, similar to how Sayaka manipulated Makoto into taking the fall for her by playing up the "sugoi childhood friend" aspect that the poor boy seemed so fixated on.
Lopunny: A Buneary only evolves into Lopunny after forming a close bond with its trainer, just as Sayaka rose to fame by forming ironclad relationships with her fellow bandmates (to the point where Junkokuma considered them to be the most precious individuals in her life). Plus you've got the whole "cuteness" thing going on with Lopunny which fits with Sayaka regardless of how hamfisted and gross it is.
Bisharp: My personal favourite choice for this entry; Bisharp is known to control and order around its pre-evolved Pawniard cohorts like, well, pawns. Sayaka did the same thing to Makoto, and Kyoko even sums their relationship up as "the manipulator and the pawn." Additionally, Bisharp's Dark-typing and knife motif mesh well with Sayaka's willingness to get down and dirty in order to get what she wants, as well as her weapon of choice.

So who's next, guys? We're drawing near to the end!

Haha, I really don't think they care about that. It's probably that it would have been too much effort to have constructed something like that. I believe there'd have to be no Monokuma, no cameras, no guns or whatever else would contradict the peaceful times they were supposedly having before they lost their memories. The dialogue between characters would be dramatically different and probably way more plentiful to set up context, real Junko would be running around, Mukuro would as well so she'd need her own sprites...

I didn't think about the how the team would have to mess around with the games assets to make such a story work. I suppose that makes sense, and it'd be a lot of work for what amounts to post game content.

What time is it? TOKOMON TIIIIIIIIIIIIME~!

Scizor: SCI-I-ZOR! It's in the name!
Aegislash: This mighty blade signifies Toko's dissociative identity disorder (NOT schizophrenia, thank you very much, game), as it can change from a defensive shut-in to an extremely competent killer and back again at the drop of a hat, just like Toko. It also is a stabby murder weapon, so there's that too.
Banette: Toko's backstory revolves around her rejection issues and how they may have inadvertently caused a great evil to grow within her, similar to how Banette was just an ordinary doll until the act of its owner throwing it away led to it becoming possessed by an evil spirit fixated on vengeance and destruction.
Mandibuzz: This one's more Genocide Jack than Toko, but Mandibuzz's habit of singling out specific prey based on its cruel whims is reminiscent of Jack's insistence on only killing young Japanese males. Ol' Buzzkill is also a natural enemy of Scrafty in the anime, which kinda sorta reflects how Toko was made into a fallguy for Mondo's crime, even if it wasn't the latter's intention to do so.
Feebas: Toko's got some SERIOUS image issues even though she's anything but ugly, so who better than to embody these traits than the Ugly Duckling of Pokémon itself? Feebas is also relevant because the novel that made Toko famous was about sexy fishermen, I guess.
Mega Pinsir: An extremely violent and brutal Pokémon that moves too fast to catch and rends opponents with scissor-like appendages. What more needs to be said?

Who's next? Maybe it's time for The Ultimate Lucky Student himself to make an appearance...

I'm confused about school mode ? i don't get to keep school tickets ? so i should just gather material "to" level up everyone stats ( gathering and cleaning ) and then get tickets ???
i don't want to replay some chapters so how do i gain more coins ?( since it seems that i need to buy things but i don't have enouhg money .

is it true that the more filled the report card is , the more hints i get on gathering ?

Top Bottom