• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Hi,

I've heard that spoilers are becoming slightly problematic with people wanting a place to discuss the second game, yet to be localized. Having discussion of a spoiler-sensitive game in a thread with people trying to avoid those very spoilers...doesn't really make sense, even if tagged.

I think the best option is to have somebody make a Danganronpa 2 Spoiler thread for importers. This would sit in Gaming Community to separate discussion. That way people don't have to tip-toe around plot points.

When Goodbye Despair gets its localized release, that spoiler thread could be moved to Gaming to invite those who play through the localized release, or a new spoiler thread could be made - doesn't really matter.

Thoughts?
I think this is for the best. GAF is the only safe place left on the internet when it comes to DR2 spoilers, and I'd hate to have to leave this thread too for the next 4 months.

Thanks everyone.

i'm glad everyone can agree on the winning combination that is byakuya togami and slapstick

ibujwf3dwtaQqD.gif

That's for sure
byakuyapls29yskk.gif

I approve of this.

And it's also better if theres no spoilers of DR2 here. Hope this thread doesn't get halved now with posters though.

Nachos

I'm grateful for the split, but at the same time I'm really paranoid I'll accidentally click into the DR2 spoiler thread thinking it's this one, lol.

That's why I added the [SPOILERS] label at the beginning. I heard some people accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread instead of the main one out of habit since they just read the first few letters. I figured throwing something like that out at the front would help at least a little bit.

It just wouldn't be a Danganronpa spoilers thread without people accidentally wondering into it like what happened with this one.

How else are we supposed to spread despair?

I'm pretty sure that's how the thread been since Day 1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of which, a new volume of the Danganronpa 4 koma collection came out recently and introduced someone very interesting:

Source of a source

It's everything I wanted a mastermind Ishimaru to be and more.

So the other day I finished the good ending at last of school mode, pretty surprising to say the least. Was that character only a joke, or was that really something about the future?

Also lol at the prize being undergarments.

BTW, there's a parody drawing on the chalk board in school mode to Attack on Titan.
2014-05-06-011548upkl3.jpg

87cc04415f0b8177977940195489eed51365829744_full.jpg

i ordered the kyoko statue from my comic shop, very excited

also I just finally finished this game last night

holy shit

I even had the junko thing spoiled for me but it didnt even matter with how crazy that ending was. didn't expect ANY of that shit

Have you guys seen the unused stuff from the PSP version yet?
http://tcrf.net/Danganronpa:_Kibou_no_Gakuen_to_Zetsubou_no_Koukousei_(PSP)

Of note, apparently at one point Mukuro was gonna actually be murdered rather than executed by Monokuma, and Ishida had a short free time event.

I'm pretty sure that's how the thread been since Day 1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of which, a new volume of the Danganronpa 4 koma collection came out recently and introduced someone very interesting:

Source of a source

I never knew I needed dictator mastermind Ishimaru in my life until this moment.

Hi there, I was just introduced to this a few days ago and thought it would be stupid as heck. I did the same with the same people who introduced me to Persona. I thought ' stupid anime bullcrap I don't care for that' then suddenly I'm love with it and enjoying it. The same happened here with this.

I beat the game just yesterday, and my question is,
is everything outside really destroyed? And everything being in ruins and junk, since they are just about to leave and ends on the cliffhanger there.
I'm guessing it'll be explained the second one that comes out in fall?

And same with Persona, I ended up hating the characters at first then I came to love them. lol

Hi there, I was just introduced to this a few days ago and thought it would be stupid as heck. I did the same with the same people who introduced me to Persona. I thought ' stupid anime bullcrap I don't care for that' then suddenly I'm love with it and enjoying it. The same happened here with this.

I beat the game just yesterday, and my question is,
is everything outside really destroyed? And everything being in ruins and junk, since they are just about to leave and ends on the cliffhanger there.
I'm guessing it'll be explained the second one that comes out in fall?

And same with Persona, I ended up hating the characters at first then I came to love them. lol
This will be answered in the next game(s). They reveal more in DanganRonpa Zero too. (A light novel.)

Jachaos

So I loved this game. I don't get the hate for Hiro, his cattle mutilation story was great. It's too bad there's no way you can play through the story and have different people survive or have more people survive. Sayaka dying at the same time as Leon is a shame. I also thought Sakura was great. Kyoko was probably my favourite and if I hadn't seen someone else on here rocking an avatar of her with cup noodles on her head I would've probably used it. All in all I loved this game and am waiting for early September !

So I loved this game. I don't get the hate for Hiro, his cattle mutilation story was great. It's too bad there's no way you can play through the story and have different people survive or have more people survive. Sayaka dying at the same time as Leon is a shame. I also thought Sakura was great. Kyoko was probably my favourite and if I hadn't seen someone else on here rocking an avatar of her with cup noodles on her head I would've probably used it. All in all I loved this game and am waiting for early September !

What annoy me about sayaka is that it hints in school mode that she really has esper powers and what wouldn't have to do to make her survive so we can see more of her.

Jachaos

What annoy me about sayaka is that it hints in school mode that she really has esper powers and what wouldn't have to do to make her survive so we can see more of her.

Yeah I just finished her School Mode ending a couple of hours ago and was wondering what the hell was going on. At least there's something there, there's something interesting about the character that is still to be seen. The conversations have substance and the role was more important than others'. I wish we could play the game again and have some impact on what happens to that and have Hifumi die instead or something. Or have none die for that chapter.

By the way I saw looking at a page on the Wiki something about the Ultimate Despair using the technique some Yosuke (Not really Yosuke but his name looked like that) showed them to wipe memories. Is that explained in the sequel or in a novel ?

Clov

Have you guys seen the unused stuff from the PSP version yet?
http://tcrf.net/Danganronpa:_Kibou_no_Gakuen_to_Zetsubou_no_Koukousei_(PSP)

Of note, apparently at one point Mukuro was gonna actually be murdered rather than executed by Monokuma, and Ishida had a short free time event.

I knew about most of the missing content, but I had no idea about the missing evidence bullets and Ishida's free-time event. Those are pretty neat! Judging from the description of the evidence bullet, it's possible that Leon would have been the culprit in Mukuro's murder case. This must have originally been the first case, since it has testimony from Sayaka.

Uggggh, I bought a Danganronpa figurine from Japan (they had a bunch of stuff from The Animation there)...

And it's freaking Sakura.

Someone trade me for a superior character. Like, you know, everyone else D:

Acid08

Banned
Uggggh, I bought a Danganronpa figurine from Japan (they had a bunch of stuff from The Animation there)...

Pft whatever, Sakura is awesome. At least you didn't get Hifumi, Leon, Byakuya, or Hiro. Man, most of the DR males suck.

Alpha_eX

Just finished it, great game but one thing really bugged me.

Why didn't they look for the 2nd Monokuma Chess Piece at Sakura's murder scene after realising there was two bottles? That really bugged me, especially after the game focuses so hard on missing things in other cases.

Had the Junko thing spoilt by reading the synopsis of zero which kinda sucked but thankfully I was very near the end of the final case.

Be careful, the Danganronap wiki can be dangerous. The site automatically shows the last 3 images that were recently uploaded, so there's a chance you'll run into some DR2 spoilers.

Oh snap. Thanks for the warning, I just googled for a character page.
Reading over the page, it doesn't really go much into the memory-altering stuff anyway.

Stay off the internet until after every DanganRonpa game every created is released. It's the only way.

But really, DO NOT go to the wiki for any reason until after DR2 drops, and you've completed it.

From which set of figures? The little ones with the swirly eyes? Keychains? Rubber straps?

Which ones I probably already rolled my luck in?

kewlmyc

As for DanganRonpa merch, I have the Monokuma spraypaint stencil shirt, Monokuma baseball cap (which is pretty fly looking), and the artbook.

All I've got in terms of DR stuff is my Mondo costume, but it's cool enough to count for like, 50 pieces of small merch.

That's how coolness works, right?

I'll agree with that. Ishimaru's death was bad enough, but killing Asahina too would have just made me bummed with whoever was left over.

Top Bottom