• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

I'll agree with that. Ishimaru's death was bad enough, but killing Asahina too would have just made me bummed with whoever was left over.

When the end trials were ocurring and asahina was surviving, after seeing the cast that was left, I was pretty sure she was going to be one of the survivors only becuase it was one of the only rays of hope in a character sense that was left. In fact, I thought Kirigiri was going to be killed in some manner because she was too good.
I really thought Asahina was incapable of killing until she acts strangely weird during the Sakura case, and I was bummed that she was probably the killer, but again, the game wanted to trick me.

Thank god neither of them died (or killed). Just imagine if the final cast would have been Byakuya, Toko and Yasuhiro... I don't know if I could have continued lol

Hina has the cutest faces

5%28137%29.png

5%28125%29.png

Yep. Love both of those faces. She also has one of the most cute school mode endings.
In thos endings Makoto is a huge idiot lol

Well, got every trophy for Danganronpa.
It took 43:45:45 and 968 saves.

After beating the game I watched the anime just because. That last epsiode. Really animation team, did you really have to focus on that one part of Junko so much.

Currently going through Danganronpa Zero, and I am looking forward to Danganronpa IF, since Mukuro became my favourite character from the game.

I would love to see a spin-off game that points her in the spotlight some more. Like a game that expands on whatever happens in the IF scenario, or a game covers the time when class 78 attended Hope's Peak properly.

Definitely looking forward to see where the story goes from here in Danganronpa 2 and Another.

Edit: Since it looks like everyone else has been talking about their favourite characters, I'll mention my top 3 to.

Mukuro: If you just look at her from what you learn from the main story, one of the despair sisters who helped plan orchestrate the events leading up to now before being killed by her sister. she isn't very interesting. When you add in the free time and school mode events, where Mukuro's personality shows itself through the Junko facade, you can start to form a better picture of her character. Danganronpa IF and Zero add to this as well. You have a older sister who just wants to her sister to be happy and accept her, to the point where Mukuro becomes the ultimate soldier and blindly follows Junko's orders. Then she starts interacting with Makoto and new thoughts take root and she starts to ask herself what if this is the path she wants to follow or if there might be other possibilities. She just really struck a cord with me for some reason.

Junko: Miss crazy despair herself. She really is an interesting character both in terms of personality and motivations. You have someone who embodies Hope Peak's mantra of talent is the hope for mankind, with Junko being perfect at everything she does. But all this perfection and talent bring Junko is despair. Because she is so good at everything, there is no challenge, risk, satisfaction, or effort in her action. Everyone she does is effortless, so everything she does bores her. She can't feel the satisfaction of meeting goals because everything comes so easy for her, so she despairs and her thoughts become twisted to the point where despair is happiness. This becomes her obsession where all her actions are meant to bring despair to herself and others. It would be interesting to see Junko growing up. Like many people said, she is the villain you love to hate, though I feel a certain amount of pity for her as well.

Makoto: Sure he is the average, bland person of the group. But the fact that is starts of so generic is what makes me like him by the end of the game. He starts of not knowing anything and having Byakuya and Kirigiri hand hold him for most of the game, but that is natural considering he is an average person stuck in an extraordinary situation. He slowing gains knowledge as time goes on until the final chapter he is standing on since own. Byakuya and Kirigiri still back him up during the last trial and ask the right questions, but Makoto is completely relying on them for all the answers. His perseverance and optimism allow him to take the title of ultimate hope and defeat Junko. I feel like this channels Taka's dream of effort > genius, since Junko is so talented she definitely fits the bill. Despite all of Junko's plans and talent, Makoto just takes the despair head on and keeps pushing forward.

Even though I'm sure everyone's seen it by now, here's a link to the first English trailer for DanganRonpa 2.

It contains spoilers for the first game and minor case one spoilers for DR2. Also, please be wary of looking at any related videos on the YouTube page, even the thumbnails, as spoilers are EVERYWHERE, especially on YouTube.

I actually deleted and paused my video history on youtube so I wouldn't keep seeing Danganronpa (and Phoenix Wright) spoilers on the first damn page.

So I attended Anime North in Toronto this past weekend, and decided to cosplay as Mondo because he's Da Man. One of my friends accompanied me as Chihiro, because she is also Da Man. Little did we know what kind of amazing adventures we'd embark on...

Here's us with a super cool Taka cosplayer we met. She was so awesome that we took her out to lunch, and then hung out with her for the rest of the day. Also note the lovingly hand-crafted tub of Mondo Butter, which I lugged around all day and also stored my wallet in.

There were actually a lot of Kyokos and Celestes in attendance, but these two were the best. Just all-around good people.

At 4:00 PM, there was actually a Danganronpa photoshoot! First we did a big group picture with all of the DR1 peeps. I was the only Mondo there because I'm a special snowflake.

After the ensemble shot was over, we were split into smaller groups based on character relationships. Here I am doing the Josuke Higashikata pose amidst a sea of Chihiro.

"FORGET FORGET FORGET BEEEEEEEEAM!" "NICE ONE, BRO!"

There was another "shipping" picture in which I was group-hugged by every Chihiro and Taka, but unfortunately I didn't get that one. Rest assured I'll post it here the second it's up on Tumblr!

I got the heck outta dodge before the DR2 photoshoot began so I could avoid spoilers. Wish I could've stayed to hang out with this awesome group more, but I have to keep my own interests in mind, too. I'll be going as Gundam next year though, so I won't miss out on anything!

Finally, here's me with Rising Superstar Liam-sama of Two Best Friends Play fame. He's a super cool guy, and he even recognized my costume!

Oh, and here's a pic of a DR button set I accidentally bought. I dunno what to do with them, but they look cool!

It turned out to be a wonderful day, and I met some really incredible, passionate people there. Here's hoping next year is even better!

pariah164

So I attended Anime North in Toronto this past weekend, and decided to cosplay as Mondo because he's Da Man. One of my friends accompanied me as Chihiro, because she is also Da Man. Little did we know what kind of amazing adventures we'd embark on...
There is much win in this post. You make an awesome Mondo as well. So glad you had fun!

Sounds awesome dude. Surprised I don't see any Togami's though. Seems to be one of the easier characters to do.

There were actually a few Byakuyas there, but unfortunately the angle at which the group photo was taken kinda blocks them out of the frame. I think there were 3-4 in total.

Wig or actual hair?

Reinforced with mondo butter

Real hair. I'm dedicated to my craft.

It's a $20 wig that I hairsprayed the crap out of. It's droopier than I would like, but eh.

Acid08

Banned
Scrafty that looks like so much fun! Great costume. So many Chihiro cosplayers o_o also the dude kneeling down in the full Monokuma outfit is terrifying.

On another note, I finally watch the DR anime. It kinda sucked! Animation was pretty poor and the story was super rushed.

cjkeats

While not quite the party Anime North is, but there was a sic-fi convention here in my city. It was a fun time, lots of cosplay around, more anime than sic-fi surprisingly, only outclassed by ridiculous number of Dr. Who's. There was a surprising amount of Danganronpa costumes around, I was impressed. Even two DR2 costumes. That probably had something to do with the one and only Erin Fitzgearld being a guest at the con.

During her panel she spoke a little about Danganronpa and how she loved "sharing" her characters with other VA's. She also did the stoic gloomy Junko voice for a bit and at the end of her panel everyone shouted characters and she did the voice as fast as she good. She let out a very loud Genocide Jill laugh. It was awesome. She's awesome. Fun time. Fellow PersonaGAFers saw my signed Chie.

There was a local artists selling prints of their art, which included several Danganronpa pieces.
My girlfriend snuck off while we were waiting in line for the panel and bought me the Taka print. She bought herself the Junko. There was another small Junko one I forgot to get a picture of that was really cool.

So Danganronpa PSN avatars are now available to purchase on the US store.

Guess I might as well get one cause I haven't changed my PSN avatar in a while. Dunno who to choose, though...

So Danganronpa PSN avatars are now available to purchase on the US store.

Guess I might as well get one cause I haven't changed my PSN avatar in a while. Dunno who to choose, though...

I liked the avatars. But I didn't see one of Hina and some characters. Will It be released a second package?

Why is the botanist guy even there
Yeah, it's kinda funny. But as long as Aoi and Monokuma appear eventually, why not.

I wonder if that dude plays any part in DR2. I always thought it was strange that they'd do full-blown art for someone that is only briefly mentioned once.

kewlmyc

Yeah, it's kinda funny. But as long as Aoi and Monokuma appear eventually, why not.

I wonder if that dude plays any part in DR2. I always thought it was strange that they'd do full-blown art for someone that is only briefly mentioned once.

He's dead. Why would he be in the sequel?

It's one of the few characters that I'm confused as to why the made art for him to begin with. I'm not sure if he even plays a part in DR0.

He's dead. Why would he be in the sequel?

It's one of the few characters that I'm confused as to why the made art for him to begin with. I'm not sure if he even plays a part in DR0.
He can still be a part of DR2 even if he's dead. (They are on a tropical island after all, maybe he is responsible for the vegetation.) I forget who said he was dead in DR, but just going off someone's word isn't enough for me. Show me the body.

As for DR0...

*DanganRonpa Zero Spoilers*
He does not play a part in it.

enoki

I just finished DanganRonpa this week, and I was pleasantly surprised! I expected a pretty barebones, kitschey storyline after the first hour, but it turned into a pretty great psychological thriller.

Wazzy

Banned
My friend just came back from Japan and she brought me back some Dangan Ronpa merch!

I got a mini-Taka figure, a random keychain(I got Byakuya ugh) and some fabric banner with all of the cast on it. Oh and some stickers.

Also loving all of those cosplay shots!

My friend just came back from Japan and she brought me back some Dangan Ronpa merch!

I got a mini-Taka figure, a random keychain(I got Byakuya ugh) and some fabric banner with all of the cast on it. Oh and some stickers.

Worst outcome ever. (Well, except for Hifumi.)

Assuming which one I think it is, probably super duper jelly

Edit: The game is looking pretty cool. I was skeptical at first, but it seems like it would be a lot of fun.
Yeah, it looks fun and the 3d models look very cool ineed, a nice change from the main games.

Have you guys seen the Limited for SuperDanganRonpa 2? I'm kinda tempted, but I don't think it's really worth it.

Labrys

Yeah, it looks fun and the 3d models look very cool ineed, a nice change from the main games.

Have you guys seen the Limited for SuperDanganRonpa 2? I'm kinda tempted, but I don't think it's really worth it.

Ordered it as soon as I saw it in the store. Looks 3 times better than the THH LE

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I rarely if ever buy LE's. Most of the stuff just isn't worth it, to me anyway.

I'll just be happy with the game by itself.

Clov

I really wish I didn't lose track of time at the dealer's room at Anime North, I really wanted to make that Danganronpa photoshoot! I had worked so hard on my Chihiro cosplay too. Well, I got a bunch of pictures, at least. There's even one on Tumblr! I'm a bit too shy to post it, but I'm the one beside the girl cosplaying Misaki Mei from Another.

I searched hard, but I wasn't able to find any of those Chihiro trading figures. Maybe next year!

Top Bottom