• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Few will summon for ancient dragon. Or at kings passage as mirror knight is rather weak too. The other two are based on soul memory.

Damn way to make me feel like a chump, I hate mirror knight. He is one of the hardest bosses for me cause I don't use magic. Dudes def is way high and having him summon a real player to deal with is also a major pain. Idk I fuckin hate mirror knight.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Well if nothing else..this game has the best lag ever. I just watched some poor soul swing away at me for at least 30 seconds before getting DC'd.

Ruuppa

Damn way to make me feel like a chump, I hate mirror knight. He is one of the hardest bosses for me cause I don't use magic. Dudes def is way high and having him summon a real player to deal with is also a major pain. Idk I fuckin hate mirror knight.

Summon Benhart to tank him. All of his attacks are pretty well telegraphed, so you should be able to dodge them pretty handily. Just circle him to your left and punish him when he finishes a combo. Some of his lightning attacks can be hard to dodge from up close, so either have a good shield or be ready to back off when he charges those.

SoldnerKei

Wow, was not expecting to get ganked the moment I entered NG+.

welcome to NG+ when DaSII turns into survival horror

I was trying out Daggers last night, but damn, they completly sucks, at least infused with poison, they did near to no damage, and people were like, yeah wuteveh and cure the poison with items, power stance daggers look so cool, but I find them rather ineffective, thou I am bad at making builds and I think I don't have the right weapons, has anyone won pvp constantly with dual dagger?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

I was trying out Daggers last night, but damn, they completly sucks, at least infused with poison, they did near to no damage, and people were like, yeah wuteveh and cure the poison with items, power stance daggers look so cool, but I find them rather ineffective, thou I am bad at making builds and I think I don't have the right weapons, has anyone won pvp constantly with dual dagger?
Daggers aren't good at all for attacking normally unless you have already gotten a few strikes in with a regular weapon. The ability to rapidly attack thanks to low stamina drain following a heavy or medium attack can allow you to guard break. But in general besides that you shouldn't ever use them to attack regularly, use them for parry and backstabs.

Ruuppa

I win sometimes when I use my Mytha + Poison Mail Breaker thief.. The problem with the build is that you need to constantly be on the offensive, and when the opponent notices that they're nearly poisoned, they back off immediately. Or Moss it up. It's a nice build in low-SL PVP, since people have lower poison resist and not as much access to Mosses.

I was told people summon a lot in NG+, I guess they're wrong cause I've had my sign out for over an hour at Pursuer and only 1 summon and it failed to summon me. Speaking of which everytime I am summoned now I get "failed to summon".

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I win sometimes when I use my Mytha + Poison Mail Breaker thief.. The problem with the build is that you need to constantly be on the offensive, and when the opponent notices that they're nearly poisoned, they back off immediately. Or Moss it up. It's a nice build in low-SL PVP, since people have lower poison resist and not as much access to Mosses.
Having a ranged option here is important, as when you see them turtling up with their shield (guard break my friends) and wanting to back off, you can fool them into thinking they have some distance/breathing room, and then hit them with a Forbidden Sun or something else quick firing. Dual +5 Poison Spotted Whips complementary as well if poison is your game, make sure you have the rat bro ring equipped to get a major buff to your poison damage and rate.

Ruuppa

Having a ranged option here is important, as when you see them turtling up with their shield (guard break my friends) and wanting to back off can fool them into thinking they have some distance/breathing room, and then hit them with a Forbidden Sun or something else quick firing. Dual +5 Poison Spotted Whips complementary as well if poison is your game, make sure you have the rat bro ring equipped to get a major buff to your poison damage and rate.

Rat ring does give a nice boost, and I use it constantly. I should probably have some instant high-damage ranged spell up my sleeve, instead of just Poison Daggers/Dung Pies. I might go for the Whips, since they also counter parries.

I just got unlucky cause he kept summoning this one dude who would run away and toss lightning spears at me then MK would jump my ass if I tried to do anything about it. MK isn't that hard but if he summons a real person it can be a nightmare.

Just wait until he summons someone who casts Bountiful Sunlight on the boss. That's real fun!

Alright folks, after a short break of a couple of days, it's time to venture forth in NG+++.

I've decided to be a bit more lenient on meself. Going for a hybrid might and magic this time around for some breathing space as opposed to pure melee in NG++.

Amazingly enough, unlike most of you fine, adventurous folk on DkSGAF, I've managed to resist the temptatation to use the Bonfire Ascetic item on ANY of my bonfires, so every one of them is still at the same appropriate level they should be for a given playthrough.

I've completely emptied my inventory of most item/weapon/armour duplicates to good' ol Gavlan. I've got over 487 free slots (according to Maughlin, from checking the number of duplicate weapons of the same type I can purchase from him), so I shouldn't have another Inventory full image for quite some time. I had to sell 20+ Effigies since I had 90+ from NG++.

Oh, and if you were to ask me which was the most annoying encounter from NG++, I'd have to give it to Licia of Lindelt. That traitorous wench has a buttload of HP in NG++ and below a certain threshold she insta-heals for a few K OVER and OVER again. The only reliable way I found to stop her from doing that shit was to go in for the continous backstab when she tried to heal. Spells are rather useless against her. Had to be wary of her 1 hit KO Wrath of the Gods spell too, which can be 100% blocked if you're ready for it, thankfully.

*fingers crossed*

Firebrand

I don't get the Blue Sentinel arena. I went dueling fairly early on my new character, everyone was really good and had crazy gear I'd never even seen before. I get up to 1.5M soul memory and try it again and I have people trying to kill me by spamming Fireball and fire bombs...?! Maybe some of them were just trying to have fun and I was the funspoiling jerk, but in that case there sure was a lot of them. I don't care about fairness or fun - I need those precious blue points! One day... I'll get to rank 1. Maybe in NG++.

Ruuppa

I don't get the Blue Sentinel arena. I went dueling fairly early on my new character, everyone was really good and had crazy gear I'd never even seen before. I get up to 1.5M soul memory and try it again and I have people trying to kill me by spamming Fireball and fire bombs...?! Maybe some of them were just trying to have fun and I was the funspoiling jerk, but in that case there sure was a lot of them. I don't care about fairness or fun - I need those precious blue points! One day... I'll get to rank 1. Maybe in NG++.

There's no SM range in the arena, or it's so big that it makes no difference. You might get set up against a max level guy, or a low level guy. I think it does give priority to guys closer to you though.

SoldnerKei

Having a ranged option here is important, as when you see them turtling up with their shield (guard break my friends) and wanting to back off, you can fool them into thinking they have some distance/breathing room, and then hit them with a Forbidden Sun or something else quick firing. Dual +5 Poison Spotted Whips complementary as well if poison is your game, make sure you have the rat bro ring equipped to get a major buff to your poison damage and rate.

damn, how could I forgot rat bros ring, told ya, I am bad at builds, that's why I go straight-forward STR-DEX weapons lol, thou Forbidden Sun sounds good, perhaps Sunlight Spear would work too? oh well, time for some pvp tonight hurhur

There's no SM range in the arena, or it's so big that it makes no difference. You might get set up against a max level guy, or a low level guy. I think it does give priority to guys closer to you though.

oh, that would explain why I got beated quite oftenly at the arena
no johns
but hold on decently at Iron keep bridge

SoldnerKei

Looks like Dark Souls II DLC incoming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_24S4j-jWU

On December 19, 2013 in an interview with Edge it was confirmed by producer Takeshi Miyazoe that "For Dark Souls 2, we don’t even expect any additional downloadable content because we want to deliver a full game, the full experience, to fans who purchase the package from day one.

well, money is moneyz... not like I am complaining but I know some people will come up with this statement

hopefully this dlc is artorias dlc quality, I loved that side story

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I got too far into that trailer. DLC is on my purchase list, people - please be sparing with DLC spoilers! I don't want to have to duck out of this thread!

Krasnoya Ronin

Neo Member
What?
I thought that happens only in Belfrys and invasions are like dark souls. I'm almost 60% of the game and i didn't know. LOL.

Yeah, you can be invaded while hollow, but it makes you less of a priority in matchmaking, so it's less likely you'll be invaded the more hollow you are. Still possible, though.

Ruuppa

I did mention that earlier no?

Not using dual Mytha's?

Lower normal poison buildup and worse powerstance attack. With Mail Breaker in the off-hand both the blades hit at the same time, whereas dual Mythas swing them so that you can dodge the 2nd hit much easier.

That's my excuse, anyway; I just don't want to Ascetic Earthen Peak because I hate the place.

Red Lion Warrior Cape does not exist, farmed him to despawnation 4 times now (resseting save file not aestics.)

Edit: lol as soon as I make this post I get it.

Looks like Dark Souls II DLC incoming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_24S4j-jWU

Nice, I'm not holding my breath but I hope the bosses are atleast 1/2 as good as the the DS1's DLC was.

Looks like we're going to Hiede, that's great, hiede was by far my favorite zone in the game, shame how damn tiny it was, second one looks like it's going to be the iron keep king's area, no idea about the 3rd.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
My favorite posts from the DLC announcement thread:

DLC 1: Dragonrider Trio
DLC 2: Dragonrider Tetrad
DLC 3: Dragonriders in Star Formation

Wow I am amazed they were able to put together a whole DLC episode in only 4 months!

Will wait for impressions of the first episode (dropping in July apparently). If it is anywhere near AotA level I will pull the trigger on the PC version of the game + DLC.

Xeroblade

My favorite posts from the DLC announcement thread:

Will wait for impressions of the first episode (dropping in July apparently). If it is anywhere near AotA level I will pull the trigger on the PC version of the game + DLC.

You should pick up the pc version regardless!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Xero, I put 150 hours into Dark Souls 2 on PS3, maxed every covenant except for Brotherhood of Blood and Sentinels of Blue and just finished every achievement last week.

It's time for a break.

If (and it's a big if) the DLC is as good as we hope, I will definitely be back to bask in the gorgeous visuals and sweet instant load times of the PC version.

Xeroblade

Xero, I put 150 hours into Dark Souls 2 on PS3, maxed every covenant except for Brotherhood of Blood and Sentinels of Blue and just finished every achievement last week.

It's time for a break.

If (and it's a big if) the DLC is as good as we hope, I will definitely be back to bask in the gorgeous visuals and sweet instant load times of the PC version.

Haha. Yea I guess it would be time for a break then. Its just that most of those hours were probably spent in the loading screen :p. The only other games I am currently playing are Transistor and Mario Kart 8, and I always choose to go back to souls 2. I have a problem.

Mistel

Banned
Lower normal poison buildup and worse powerstance attack. With Mail Breaker in the off-hand both the blades hit at the same time, whereas dual Mythas swing them so that you can dodge the 2nd hit much easier.

That's my excuse, anyway; I just don't want to Ascetic Earthen Peak because I hate the place.
Earthen peak I found alright not my favorite place but still. Dual Mytha's have less poison build up than an infused mail breaker and a single Mytha?
My favorite posts from the DLC announcement thread
A tetrad is an area though not a grouping.

onionfrog

Hmm,
I think I'll wait to see what the impressions are for the first DLC chapter.

I'd hate to pay $25 and find out that each new chapter is only an hour long or something...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
A tetrad is an area though not a grouping.
Area made out of Dragonrider statues, good idea. Everyone thank Stormtrooper for giving FROM more ideas for statue infested levels.
I bet we finally get to see what the Three Heide Knights were for...
I want an emotional gut punch when people realize these peaceful guys they killed at every encounter and farmed for their gear actually have a tragic story attached.

Brakke

Banned
Got my plat the other day. Feels good. Definitely ready to stick a fork in this game though, not sure I care about DLCs at this point.

bj00rn_

Banned
Ok guys, explain this difference to me:

hRo5IEf.jpg

MhJQMle.jpg

I've had only one character from the start, so why is Dark Souls 2 counting faster than Steam?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'd trust the game itself over Steam. From my experience Steam's 'You've played' is closer to an estimate than an approximation.

That is a big difference though.

Mogwai

Hmm, when I leave my game for 1-2 mins it starts to create artifacts like crazy. Really haven't experienced this with any other game. The GPU isn't hot either.

Common bug? (PC, obviously)

Ruuppa

Earthen peak I found alright not my favorite place but still. Dual Mytha's have less poison build up than an infused mail breaker and a single Mytha?

Mytha has 100 buildup when +5, and Mail Breaker (as almost all +10 Poison weapons) has 140. Mytha's benefit is only in the Toxic buildup.

Toxi

Banned
Dragonriders in star formation should have them resurrect and morph into the Dragonrider Rangers when you beat them the first time.
Is finite enemy poise even a thing anymore? They seem to power through ultra weapons which would have knocked them silly in the first game.
LOL Gyrm Great Hammer 2 handed R2

It makes even the bosses your bitch. Such a fun weapon.

Top Bottom