• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

88. I'm a mixture of both. Soul arrows and +10 magic uchi.
Anyways I beat Rotten boss just now. Putting all those points to Adaptability.

Yea, good idea, you'll need 100+ for your uchi build.

I already have her stuff, so I want to do it alone (also I can't be bothered clearing all those water enemies). The pyros just keep dodging my lightning spears.

Oh, a bit late, but I just pummeled her ass solo in NG+++. I didn't bother to kill the pyros until after I killed her first lol, I ended up kiting her and the pyros, making sure their spells missed me. When she died, I just took out my MLGS and went to town with the pyros, they can't dodge melee blows and with no Sinner to distract me, they went down fast. Took me 5 tries to do it though, since I had to get the hang of having them and the Sinner around with no Luca tanky to pull aggro.

It's surprisingly doable with all 3 of them in the picture, I just don't want to do it again like that lol.

Hi all.
New to Gaf and to this topic :)

I got a question for the Blue Sentinels covenants : is anyone have ever reach level 2 or 3?
The amount of victory needed is insane...
I've been summoned only 5 times during my first playtrough.

And only one time during my new...(already at 40+h) it's seems to take forever and all i do is keep waiting.

I put my summon sign to help with some bosses (to obtain Token of Fidelity -for the dueling-), but the result is the same : waiting and waiting.... and nothing.

Any idea?

Blinck

Hi all.

I got a question for the Blue Sentinels covenants : is anyone have ever reach level 2 or 3?

And only one time during my new...(already at 40+h) it's seems to take forever and all i do is keep waiting.

I put my summon sign to help with some bosses (to obtain Token of Fidelity -for the dueling-), but the result is the same : waiting and waiting.... and nothing.

Any idea?

I just joined the covenant in NEW GAME + as I wanted to rank it up to +3, but like you said it's pretty insane so I don't think I'll do it.

I think you can have the miracles that you get when you reach +3 in it by going into New Game ++ and buying them from the chancellor in Drangleic Castle, and you can get the Blue Sentinels armor by killing the covenant dude (Targrey or something like that).
So I don't think you have to get 500 kills in order to get the Miracles and stuff...that would just be insane :p

PranooY

Jesus, dark chasm of old is tough. Can't see shit and super powerful phantoms. 4 times I entered- 3 times I fell, once 3 phantoms ganged up on me. Wasted 4 human effigy too.

Jesus, dark chasm of old is tough. Can't see shit and super powerful phantoms. 4 times I entered- 3 times I fell, once 3 phantoms ganged up on me. Wasted 4 human effigy too.

To make your life easier in the chasm, come later on in the game
after the end bosses
. If you enter as a Dark Phantom the place is quite well illuminated, no torches required.

Soulhouf

Holy shit... My Dark Zweihander (AR of 530) was doing ~16 damage per hit to a Havel -_-

Yep. I did some tests the other day with a friend and the general conclusion was the split damage weapons are the ones that are penalized the most against high defense.
Pure physical weapons rule.

Yep. I did some tests the other day with a friend and the general conclusion was the split damage weapons are the ones that are penalized the most against high defense.

Interesting, is this a new thing due to a recent calibration/patch? I thought that most infusions were simply better than pure physical.

Firebrand

Hi all.

Any idea?
2? I've been in Blue Sentinels for a total of maybe 100 hours over several characters and I haven't reached rank ONE.

It's really more of doing co-op to get tokens and then winning your points through the arena. (edit: Or well, I guess you can go counter-invading by farming the blue crystals too, though that requires a lot of patience as well). I haven't transitioned into NG+ yet though, maybe it was a fluke but I seemed to be getting more blue summons towards the endgame.

I just joined the covenant in NEW GAME + as I wanted to rank it up to +3, but like you said it's pretty insane so I don't think I'll do it.

I think you can have the miracles that you get when you reach +3 in it by going into New Game ++ and buying them from the chancellor in Drangleic Castle, and you can get the Blue Sentinels armor by killing the covenant dude (Targrey or something like that).
So I don't think you have to get 500 kills in order to get the Miracles and stuff...that would just be insane :p

I just want wrath of the god on ng :(

2? I've been in Blue Sentinels for a total of maybe 100 hours over several characters and I haven't reached rank ONE.

It's really more of doing co-op to get tokens and then winning your points through the arena. (edit: Or well, I guess you can go counter-invading by farming the blue crystals too, though that requires a lot of patience as well). I haven't transitioned into NG+ yet though, maybe it was a fluke but I seemed to be getting more blue summons towards the endgame.

Yeah i give up, i will never reach even level one. And i try using blue orb with little result.

squidyj

Hi all.

Any idea?

In NG+ you can buy cracked blue eye orbs from targray for 10k apiece, they are probably your best bet. Most of the time it'll fail to find a world to invade but keep spamming it and you'll find people eventually.

Krasnoya Ronin

Neo Member
This is interesting, I didn't realise we knew the exact break points for i-frames now. I'm almost afraid to ask this but is it affected at all by framerate, i.e do you have longer invincibility if you're running at a lower framerate?

According to the testing done here, it seems that they actually planned around this. If you're playing at 30fps, you get the frame data I mentioned before. If you're at 60fps, it doubles, which makes them both the same as far as when you are invulnerable during a roll. Interesting that they had the forethought for this, but forgot about weapon durability issues when you hit corpses. Haha.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Jesus.
Licia
would fucking destroy Yurt and Lautrec.

Her spell is absolutely broken. WotG.

Basically one shots anything, and the roll doesn't have enough invincibility frames to ever make rolling viable against it.

Basically one shots anything, and the roll doesn't have enough invincibility frames to ever make rolling viable against it.

Her WoTG is actually 100% physical, unlike the ones we can cast. Just go in with a 100% phys shield, block it when you see her animation to cast and you should be golden. Minimal stamina drain too.

I find her instacast Heals the most annoying aspect of her repertoire. Stop. Healing. Yourself.

Krasnoya Ronin

Neo Member

Her WotG does physical damage though, while the one used by players does lightning. So you can just block hers with a 100% phys shield.

EDIT: Beaten.

Booshka

Agreed +10 Estoc and +10Great Club 40 STR and Ring of Blades +2, consistent damage to everyone I invade. Gold Pine resin is excellent on Great Club versus heavy armor builds, pure physical strike + lightning damage does a ton of damage to even the tankiest of builds.

I laugh when I see GMB cast by other players.

Hi all.

Any idea?

I made it to rank 2 (150 wins) with only being summoned twice. Once I got my character and equipment to the levels I wanted, I spent all my souls on cracked blue orbs which you can buy from the man in the cathedral. You can also farm blue orbs from the knights in Heide's tower. When low on souls I would put my white sign down, usually at the guardian dragon at Aldia's Keep, and I was usually summoned right away. I would then spend my tokens in the sparring arena. Also use bonfire ascetics at places that you can easily beat to farm souls.

PranooY

Noob question: Is there any use infusing my shield, since I don't use it for attacking. Ordinary upgrade raises stability, isn't it enough? Also can multiple infusion be performed on a weapon?
Is drakekeeper shield, a good lightweight shield?
I want a good <6 shield.

Krasnoya Ronin

Neo Member
Noob question: Is there any use infusing my shield, since I don't use it for attacking. Ordinary upgrade raises stability, isn't it enough? Also can multiple infusion be performed on a weapon?
I want a good <6 shield.

It will increase your defense of whatever element you infuse it with, while slightly lowering others. It's possible on a few shields to get close to 100% resist to specific elements, so it's good if you know what you're going to be facing (i.e. Transgressor's Leather Shield can block 100% Dark if you infuse it with Dark, which could be good for Darklurker or facing hexers in PVP).

Mistel

Banned
I want a good <6 shield.
Drake keeper shield is a superior drangelic shield. It's like a mini greatsheild really.

Krasnoya Ronin

Neo Member
I m using drangelic shield now, but to upgrade u need twinkling titanite :(.
Any other cool light weight shields?

Watcher's Shield is my personal favorite. Lightweight, looks neat with a weird skull design on the front, decent resists, and makes a bell-clanging sound whenever it's struck with an attack that can be parried.

Mistel

Banned
I m using drangelic shield now, but to upgrade u need twinkling titanite :(.
Any other cool light weight shields?
Drakekeeper and old knight are two standard sheilds on the normal upgrade path that are alright. I prefer drakekeeper though.

Blinck

Sweet Gwyn...NG+ is full of invasions...insane. I was invaded like 3 times in NG and did a very lenghty playthrough...and now just in the forest of giants I was constantly being invaded.
Any reason for this?
IIRC in Dark Souls 1 invasions were much more common in NG

Myomoto

Sweet Gwyn...NG+ is full of invasions...insane. I was invaded like 3 times in NG and did a very lenghty playthrough...and now just in the forest of giants I was constantly being invaded.
Any reason for this?
IIRC in Dark Souls 1 invasions were much more common in NG

No idea, but I seen multiple times that people recommend waiting to lvl Way of the Blue and Blue Sentinels until NG+ because of the invasion madness.

Myomoto

You can usually roll through it if you're on the outer edge and roll away from her.

She is actually completely broken. He poise breaks whenever she's hit, so simply equip a dagger or other light weapon (preferable poison infused) and just keep attacking her, and she will never be able to get off any attacks or miracles.

Mistel

Banned
Any reason for this?
Your soul memory range is within that of the invaders so you will get invaded more often.

I happened to read that there's a way to get a fifth soul of a giant before NG.
If you ascetic the bonfires in the Black Gulch, you can get it from killing the giants that rewpawn in the cave below.
I tried that, but didn't get another soul of a giant. Is there something I'm doing wrong? was that patched out?

EDIT: found this

I've been looking at getting that fifth soul without going through the tedium of AD and apparently, you should use the ascetic on the first bonfire, not the hidden one.

I was about to do it myself.

Edit: just did it, I can confirm it works on 1.03.

I made it to rank 2 (150 wins) with only being summoned twice. Once I got my character and equipment to the levels I wanted, I spent all my souls on cracked blue orbs which you can buy from the man in the cathedral. You can also farm blue orbs from the knights in Heide's tower. When low on souls I would put my white sign down, usually at the guardian dragon at Aldia's Keep, and I was usually summoned right away. I would then spend my tokens in the sparring arena. Also use bonfire ascetics at places that you can easily beat to farm souls.

Like i said, i just want to go to level 2 to have WotG in NG.
Anyway, i gave up, i'm a member of the Rat covenant now, more fun.
But thanks for the advice, i will try on NG+.

PranooY

I tried praying at Amana Shrine, but that didn't restore my humanity. It says "alas, nothing happened". Why?

Does it restore humanity, only if we have no effigies?

Mogwai

Anybody else noticed those creepy laughs at building with the first Milfanito in Shrine of Amana.

Are those sounds from her???

Edit. Maybe that curse jar... Never noticed that sound before :O

Danny 117

Noob here, just bought Dark Souls II from the Xbox marketplace. *waves*

I have played Dark Souls 1 but was a melee build, this time I want to be a sorcerer.

To all you sorcerers on GAF, what advice would you give to a complete beginner when it comes to magic? What stats should I be focusing on early game? Etc.

Minamu

Hexes used to be super OP, lightning still is. Sorceries are good too but not as. You can get 60 soul arrows within the hour though. I'd go with Lightning which is faith. Attunement gives you slots as before and also makes you cast spells faster. Really, any spell sort is good I think.

Hexes use both magic stats, and sorceries intelligence as always. Fire magic is great but might take a while to find. It used no stats as well (not technically true but in practice true).

Anybody else noticed those creepy laughs at building with the first Milfanito in Shrine of Amana.

Are those sounds from her???

Edit. Maybe that curse jar... Never noticed that sound before :O

Its a hidden path actually, there are more further that area to prevent the milfanitos to leave the houses

Noob here, just bought Dark Souls II from the Xbox marketplace. *waves*

I have played Dark Souls 1 but was a melee build, this time I want to be a sorcerer.

To all you sorcerers on GAF, what advice would you give to a complete beginner when it comes to magic? What stats should I be focusing on early game? Etc.

Depends of what you call a sorcerer

Pure sorcerers are more capable of fighting in DS2 and are capable of destroy everything at long safe distant. Spell casting is faster and more dinamic than DS1 allowing you react faster and move from danger, the souls arrows have 10 more ammo in DS2 so you can survive and explore little longer, you can also start with a Dagger to finish off nearly death enemies and break objects without using your spells.

RedSwirl

Didn't quite one-shot me, so it wasn't that horrible, but still pretty bad.

Her WoTG is actually 100% physical, unlike the ones we can cast. Just go in with a 100% phys shield, block it when you see her animation to cast and you should be golden. Minimal stamina drain too.

I find her instacast Heals the most annoying aspect of her repertoire. Stop. Healing. Yourself.

Shit I never once tried to block when fighting her. I've gotten so used to dodging instead.

On the subject, those whole game I've been rolling a DEX build focusing on endurance with 100 agility. I'm finding I almost never block at all and am actually still using the hard leather shield which only blocks 90% physical damage. Should I just chuck it and dual wield or two-hand?

Booshka

Didn't quite one-shot me, so it wasn't that horrible, but still pretty bad.

Shit I never once tried to block when fighting her. I've gotten so used to dodging instead.

On the subject, those whole game I've been rolling a DEX build focusing on endurance with 100 agility. I'm finding I almost never block at all and am actually still using the hard leather shield which only blocks 90% physical damage. Should I just chuck it and dual wield or two-hand?

Use a very light small shield for parry purposes and maybe to block magic when you cant dodge it. I love my Dark Infused Transgressor's Leather Shield and the 100% dark resist. It weighs 0.3 so it's perfect for a playstyle that relies on rolling, dodging and 2 handing the majority of the time.

100 agility is the shit, makes the game far more playable.

Top Bottom