• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I did was add all the stats that will require any kind of investment even 1 or 2 points and the spare levels of each class. (spare level as the Cleric has the highest of 14, so the deprived which starts at lvl 1 has 13 spare levels)

This should be relevant for anyone doing a build which does not use any magic/faith.

STR + DEX + VIT + VIG + END + ADP

warrior: 53
knight: 54
swordsman: 49
bandit: 55
explorer: 50
deprived: 49

Class info: http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Starting+Classes

Personally I'm going with Knight. Bandit is technically better however I'm doing a STR build and I don't think I need that many DEX points.

Dexterity and Adaptability will definitely be my main two stats, with Vigor being of least interest to me, so I think the Explorer would be fine... I like the Swordsman's stats, though. But if I can respec at least once later, it's not a big deal. (And I'm sure I'll appreciate a certain number of points in all stats.)

Tex117

Banned
Im still not a dual wield kinda guy but will probably still go Swordsman.

Equip a small shield in the left hand, curved sword in the right, pump INT for magic use, Raise endurance enough for strong middle armor...

That's my jam right there.

mindsale

Has anyone seen anything well-lit or any vibrant color scheme? I really like that kind of aesthetic and this one just seems depressing.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What I did was add all the stats that will require any kind of investment even 1 or 2 points and the spare levels of each class. (spare level as the Cleric has the highest of 14, so the deprived which starts at lvl 1 has 13 spare levels)

This should be relevant for anyone doing a build which does not use any magic/faith.

STR + DEX + VIT + VIG + END + ADP

warrior: 53
knight: 54
swordsman: 49
bandit: 55
explorer: 50
deprived: 49

Class info: http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Starting+Classes

Personally I'm going with Knight. Bandit is technically better however I'm doing a STR build and I don't think I need that many DEX points.
Excellent post, thank you for sharing.
Lagstab this filth.

Did that German reviewer say that it took him 60 hours to beat the game? Interested to see how playtimes vary across players. Regardless, I will be playing this 100+ hours easily.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I shall join him in the sun
fNFDxsX.png

Will try to stick to twohanding an Ultra Greatsword. The new moveset looks incredible in my opinion.

Hopefully there's some Berserk inspired gear this time as well so I could go full Guts mode.

Nasser

God! I feel so bad that I won't be getting this game at launch since I currently don't own a PS3 or 360. I only have PS4 atm. Why do I have the feeling that this game is going to sell poorly compered to the first one due to not releasing a next-gen version?

Anyways, I am for sure going to play it in the summer!

Fhtagn

it's apparently pre-ordered at 50% higher than the previous one, so it's going to have higher revenue at least, if not total sales.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Can't wait to join in the die-ness :p
I'll prolly go day1 on PC, super hyped, only to start playing the game 7 months after that like with DeS and DS lol (I'm even lazy at playing videogames, sob)
I actually waited for DS PTE on PC to start playing the game "seriously" even tho I had the LE on PS3 day1... but this time might be different since I'm *really* attached to the series and absolutely loved (game of the gen together with Mario Galaxy) Dark Souls. I'll be going in after an almost total media blackout, wanna be surprised at every corner!

2AdEPT

Found out my wife is pregnant last week, and I canceled all my preorders except for this sucker. My body is ready.

demon's came out just after my little one was born....your going to be up late anyway, might as well enjoy it!

Sendero

Vaati put out another video.
His 5 favorite things in Dark Souls 2. Features some new gameplay footage.
Interesting, he took a small beating from a fist fighter. Bet that will be one of the new challenges.

As for the starting class, I will go with the Explorer, as I want to experience as much of the game (magic, weapons, conversations) as possible on my first go, and then maybe respecc for the 2nd part of the game to accomodate a more specific style (Dex/Faith?). In any case, adaptability will likely be my highest attribute anyway.

Men, avoiding the Spoiler thread will be difficult..

Antagon

I've actually finished dark souls and only played melee (bandit with a str/dex + shield build). Thinking about dabling a bit in magic + dex/adaptability this time. Not sure what exactly or what class thoughh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom