• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruuppa

What I did was add all the stats that will require any kind of investment even 1 or 2 points and the spare levels of each class. (spare level as the Cleric has the highest of 14, so the deprived which starts at lvl 1 has 13 spare levels)

This should be relevant for anyone doing a build which does not use any magic/faith.

STR + DEX + VIT + VIG + END + ADP

warrior: 53
knight: 54
swordsman: 49
bandit: 55
explorer: 50
deprived: 49

Class info: http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Starting+Classes

Personally I'm going with Knight. Bandit is technically better however I'm doing a STR build and I don't think I need that many DEX points.

Haha, I did the same calculations earlier today. Yeah, Knight and Bandit are great for physical stuff.
For a pure physical build, with 40 Vig/End/Vit/Str/Ada and 20 in Dex, this is how the classes pan out in terms of final SL:

182 Warrior
180 Knight
185 Swordsman
178 Bandit
193 Cleric
197 Sorcerer
184 Explorer
185 Deprived

Edit: I meant how many times they need to level to get those stats, my bad.
Edit2: No, it does mean the final SL. I can't make sense of my own stuff anymore.

Krakn3Dfx

Pre-ordered the PlayStation 3 Collector'S Edition since it's available on Amazon even tho I want to play this on the PC. But that statue and that cloth map...

What the hell am I doing.
huge-mistake.png

aFIGurANT

So Amazon is saying my Black Armor edition is scheduled for delivery on the 13th. Not liking that
At least you have a date even if it's not release day. Is anyone else still getting the following: "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." For PS3?

I may just hit gamestop this week if amazon doesn't get their shit together in the next couple of days, the tax is well worth it here.

Dresden

I'd go gamestop, but I don't think they offer the black armor edition anymore. Shouldn't be so attached to the idea of getting it, but that steelcase, man. :(

At least my delivery is scheduled for the 12th, which is bearable. Looking forward to being manhandled by all the nerds who played for 24+ hours straight after release.

Facism

DragonSlayer in that Vaati video :D

Fuck now i have to rethink my dex/int build and consider a str/int build :(

Ah well plenty of time to decide whilst we wait for the PC version.

At least you have a date even if it's not release day. Is anyone else still getting the following: "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." For PS3?

I may just hit gamestop this week if amazon doesn't get their shit together in the next couple of days, the tax is well worth it here.

Me. I don't don't have an estimate for my CE. If it's not the 11th I'm just going to pick it up at Gamestop.

LProtag

Hm, it's looking like Bandit is the best class for a pure physical build... but I'll still start with Knight probably.

zma1013

I starting out with deprived class. I want to know what it's like starting out with crap gear as I usually opt for a knight or warrior class.

Jeez, the stats are so evenly spread this time. Everything does something important.

I think the average community soft cap is gonna be raised to about 150 or 160, with a 10 - 20 SL gap depending on what you are going for.

Ruuppa

Jeez, the stats are so evenly spread this time. Everything does something important.

I think the average community soft cap is gonna be raised to about 150 or 160, with a 10 - 20 SL gap depending on what you are going for.

And the devs even factored in the different starting SLs of the classes! Every class starts with 54 overall points if set to SL 1. Not that the point-difference in DaS1 was big but still.

Ruuppa

Mad Explorer RP incoming!

What's the adaptability stat?

How fast you move, dodge, block, and how well you can resist Guard Break(Poise?). Also boosts Phys/Poison/Bleed defense and how well you can disarm traps. Sounds like a damn important stat.

Bloomers

Casual heads up for those on PS3: Best Buy is currently the only place still taking pre-orders for the Black Armor edition.
If you haven't made yours yet, GET ON THAT NOW

Soriku

Fuuuuuuuuuu

Just clicked that gamespot link. They are definitely not at the starting area. Don't click guys!

They actually were. I thought that area would come later in the game, but I guess it makes sense it's next to Majula with the surrounding sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom