• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutombo

Stop it man...the wait is really hard, especially for us in Euroland :(

I will not watch this, I've seen enough (maybe too much actually).

Fuck the game's already out at some retailers in the US, I expect it will be the same over here.

DARK SOULS OT | SHOUTING VULGARITIES BEFORE TRUE ELATION SENSATION

Yes I know it's already taken yet here's my token.

There's no game that punishes me for being greedy like DS. It makes me bite my thumb and whisper to myself "Why did you have to heal - fuck you should've healed - etc".

Of course, that comes after I've been FUCKSAKING and YOU GOT TO BE FUKKIN KIDDIN ME and HOW IS THIS EVER POSSIBRU a bunch of times of course.

So is SL 120 looking to be the unofficial ceiling again for pvp builds?

I think it will need to be raised in DS2. With 1 extra stat and no useless stats like resistance it would be dumb not to. Making an effective pyromancer or hexer build at 120 sounds close to impossible, since you need to level up 3 stats (though not necessarily to 40 all if them) just to use your spells.

LProtag

I wonder if Amazon will ever give me an estimated shipping time.

They upgraded me to one day shipping because I emailed them worrying about getting it on time, but they completely ignored the fact that I didn't have a shipping date at all.

I'd go gamestop, but I don't think they offer the black armor edition anymore. Shouldn't be so attached to the idea of getting it, but that steelcase, man. :(

At least my delivery is scheduled for the 12th, which is bearable. Looking forward to being manhandled by all the nerds who played for 24+ hours straight after release.
Yeah I preordered at Gamestop but it's the standard edition. Good thing I preordered on Amazon early in February and got my date moved up.

Amazon chat was less than helpful about explaining what's going on with my order. Explained everything to him and his response was basically "I apologize, but your item doesn't have a delivery estimate yet".

Yes, I know.

Jobbs

Banned
So Amazon is saying my Black Armor edition is scheduled for delivery on the 13th. Not liking that

I got the same dreaded march 13 delivery estimate on my CE. looks like I'll be double dipping, which I'm fine with (it's DS2, for fuck's fuck). Maybe I'll buy it digital on day one.

HAZCiWn.gif

The thread title makes up for the CRIME that was renaming the South Park game thread.

I'm on blackout so the Class information in the OP is...interesting. SO MUCH MIN-MAXING. OMG NO SHIELD ON SOME. MADNESS! lol

Jobbs

Banned
HAZCiWn.gif

The thread title makes up for the CRIME that was renaming the South Park game thread.

I'm on blackout so the Class information in the OP is...interesting. SO MUCH MIN-MAXING. OMG NO SHIELD ON SOME. MADNESS! lol

It seems that no one gets a shield to start with, other than the warrior.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I guess its time to Dark Souls 2 Spoiler thread as it seems some people are getting it early.

dreamfall

My PS3 CE was ordered on Amazon months back, but I'm still trying to decide whether or not to cancel and just wait for a PC release date.

The extras are pretty rad, but the glory of higher res/framerate...

Sullichin

I got the same dreaded march 13 delivery estimate on my CE. looks like I'll be double dipping, which I'm fine with (it's DS2, for fuck's fuck). Maybe I'll buy it digital on day one.
I manually changed my shipping speed to one day on Amazon (CE) and now it's scheduled to deliver on the 11th. I emailed them requesting that the shipping be free though because I usually get release day delivery with Prime for free.

Really for what? I only really ever used magic for regular enemies.

Yeah, it wasn't easy, but I beat O&S with only my trusty zweihander. Don't think you need to use any specific style anywhere in that game, but some styles are better suited for some encounters than others.

zewone

Sorry if I missed the info, but how long is the summoning timer for white stones and small white stones?

Me and a friend like to play DS as a co-op game.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Wow the game looks fucking amazing visually. A big step up from the previous one.

Outdoor environment geometry is going to be to this game what steep-angled ground textures were to Pikmin 3: a big fat red herring distracting everyone from what actually looks good in motion.

LProtag

Aw, I just realized that Tuesdays are my extra help day at my new long term substitute position... hopefully no kids need any help next week...

Edit: Wooo! Got my delivery estimate for the 11th.

I wonder if we'll get lucky and score a Motoi Sakuraba x Emi Evans combo for the ending credits theme again. Nameless Song is my favorite song from the first Dark Souls OST.

Yes please! I will listen to anything featuring Emi Evans for days!

Watched the Gamespot thing for a few minutes. Final build seems to have beautiful graphics and solid framerate. Didn't want to spoil much though so I could be wrong.

Wowbagger

Anyone in Norway know if Platekompaniet.no is known for sending out games early? Preordered from them ages ago and just read Elkjøp.no will send out their copies on the 10th. Wonder if I've made a huge mistake. Got a good deal, but... ugh.

aFIGurANT

Me. I don't don't have an estimate for my CE. If it's not the 11th I'm just going to pick it up at Gamestop.

I talked to an Amazon rep and he was cagey when I asked if supplies would be sufficient for a shipment this weekend/monday. I will probably wait it out till the 10th and go that route too if I don't have a date set yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom