• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
Locations like this are what I'm looking forward to:

ibaq1LRuz8Bq3f.gif

Shady859

Looks like the 360 CE is available on Amazon right now. Wonder if the PS3 will end up being rare, I bought one but considering getting the Vanilla and keeping it sealed.

brb

The only game I really care about this month. Can't believe it's only a week away! Bring it on From, I'm prepared to get slaughtered.

Tiops

My first character will be a Deprived, and I won't consult any Wikias. But I'll visit this thread a lot.

No thief class??

Since I have completed DS1 and I consider myself somehow experienced, what class would you advice me guys to go for?
Not deprived ofcourse...:)

To play or not to play? I just beat Demon's and Dark for the first time in the span of a month... I'm pretty burned out on the style of gameplay though. I don't want to not enjoy DS II because of diminishing returns. It looks incredible though.

Cetra

For those concerned about their Amazon pre-orders, I just got off with Chat Support:

Annie:There are two items for this order. The first one is Dark Souls II Collector's Edition Strategy Guide which will be delivered to you on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 while the other item, Dark Souls II (Black Armor Edition) - PlayStation 3 Black Armor Edition, which will be released on March 11, 2014.
Me:Right, it's the Dark Souls II Black Armor Edition I'm concerned with
Whenever I've preordered a game, or movie in the past it's been delivered on the release date.
Annie:Oh I see. No worries! This will also be shipped on the same date.
Me:So the game will be delivered on March 11th along with the guide?
Annie:Yes correct, Cetra.

Gorillaz

No thief class??

Since I have completed DS1 and I consider myself somehow experienced, what class would you advice me guys to go for?
Depends on what route you want to go

Most of us are going in blind basically, which makes it a little more exciting as well

Soriku

No thief class??

There's no "thief" but a bandit class does exist.

We have little idea of stat requirements for weapons, armor, spells, etc. and neither do we know how powerful certain items are, so it's hard to say anything at this point.

Just take a look here and see what stats seems good for what you probably want to do (with limited knowledge):

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Starting+Classes

Personally I think I'm going with a Knight.

Essay

I think I'm settled on going pure strength Knight on my first playthrough so that I can test out as many weapon movesets as possible. (That's assuming that weapons swing normally when you're under-Dex'd, but not when you're under-Str'd.)

Camwi

That, and it is just so gorgeous. High ass rope bridge leading a mountaintop castle with dragons swirling around in the sky stalking you? Yes please.

The Souls series does a way better job with that than most games. I can understand peoples' complaints with the Demon Ruins, but I was just wowed by how beautiful it was.

Gorillaz

Yea I'll probably settle for dual swordsman starting out since I've been wanting that for awhile. Combat wise it was just "off" in DS1

Randam

I still dont know what character I will try first.

swordsman looks like a good starting class for a dex/int build.

Depends on what route you want to go

Most of us are going in blind basically, which makes it a little more exciting as well

Well, I completed the first one with the usage of spear and shield, along with the sporadic axe hacking and then Gaf told me that this is not the way to beat the game:), so I was hoping for something different..
The bandit class puts me off a little bit, as it doesn't have the romantic charm of the Thief class.
Thx Soriku, I will have a look on them!

Moongazer

To play or not to play? I just beat Demon's and Dark for the first time in the span of a month... I'm pretty burned out on the style of gameplay though. I don't want to not enjoy DS II because of diminishing returns. It looks incredible though.
There is nothing like playing a Souls game when it first launches. The community will be experiencing things together, no one will have discovered everything, and hopefully there will be fewer people trying to gank others early on. I say go for it and play DSII while it is at it's most active.

Tarin02543

There is nothing like playing a Souls game when it first launches. The community will be experiencing things together, no one will have discovered everything, and hopefully there will be fewer people trying to gank others early on. I say go for it and play DSII while it is at it's most active.

Same here, everything moves for DSII even BF4.

edit: any more info on PC version? It is still a Steam title, right?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I completed the first one with the usage of spear and shield, along with the sporadic axe hacking and then Gaf told me that this is not the way to beat the game:), so I was hoping for something different..
The bandit class puts me off a little bit, as it doesn't have the romantic charm of the Thief class.
Thx Soriku, I will have a look on them!

Fuck what GAF thinks. You can beat DS with any damn weapon you please.

Uh... no offence guys and gals.

dreamfall

I don't know if I'm ready to dual wield- I've always gone Wanderer with Sword/Shield, switching to two hands when necessary. I don't think I'll know what to do without some defense (outside of rolling...)

Yeah I'm really not sure what class I wanna start with. Pretty sure I wanna use dex weapons again for the first playthrough and maybe go hybrid with faith or int. I just wonder how I'm gonna manage my build this time since they spread out the stats a bit more. Vitality now affects equip load, instead of it being the endurance stat with stamina, adaptability is resistance and agility which I'm sure could be good for dex builds (don't really care about resistances though), and attunement now affects casting speed. Definitely gonna need my fast roll that's for sure, always made sure my builds had enough equip load to be able to fast roll with 2 weapons, light armor, shield, and talisman/catalyst.

PS3 and PC versions pre-ordered so I don't ever have to wait or wonder.

Hopefully I can get in a good playthrough of the PS3 version to get my head around everything and then the PC version will be where I execute advanced tactics! It's scientific you see

Vaati put out another video.

His 5 favorite things in Dark Souls 2. Features some new gameplay footage.

Another great video from Vaati. The lighting of the torch plays perfectly of the enemies and environment.
I also really like that he feels any playstyle is viable this time around, since I decided to try something different and go for a heavy faith build, as a cleric with lots of miracles and hexes.

Fuck what GAF thinks. You can beat DS with any damn weapon you please.

Uh... no offence guys and gals.

If bow actually works as a weapon with real potential vs bosses and in pvp this time around, From will pretty much have made the perfect game.

Ferr986

I guess im the only one not planning much how Im going to level my first character. Ill probably level up STR and DEX to try the most styles of weapons posible, and whatever I feel the most I need at that time (vit, end...).

zlatko

Banned
Thanks a bunch for the help making the banners classier.

Thanks for the avatar. Praising the sun till the end of time.

Hope this game isn't a walk in the park. I'll be fine as long as it's on par with DkS 1.

If there's a archers of Anor Londo moment it will have done its job.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If bow actually works as a weapon with real potential vs bosses and in pvp this time around, From will pretty much have made the perfect game.

There was a poster in the OT who did a bow only run. He posted a video of beating an invader in Oolicile with a Dragonslayer Bow and said he beat Artorias only using the composite bow. 8o

Edit:

Can't find the video but how he whacked Artorias is here.

Toxi

Banned
I'd take a break and wait until the Souls fix comes back.

LProtag

Probably going to go with a Knight and do a quality build but focusing more on strength to use huge weapons. I'd like to try out everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom