• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Try to stay under 50% equip load for longer rolls and better stamina regeneration, and try to get your ADP to around 90, then shoot for 100 if you really like the snappiness and i-frames it gives you. The game feels a lot better at 50% with around 100 agility.

It's unfortunate that you have to level up a stat to make the game feel closer to the previous ones, but that's the case so roll with it.

I get it!

I agree, but at the same time it's interesting seeing your character actually improve in those respects as you level up. You wind up feeling a lot more powerful just because you're more agile. Also, having low agility makes the first areas of the game kinda hard compared to DS1 imo. I like how tough the beginning is, and the lack of being able to spam forward roll through everything definitely contributes to that.

Sullichin

I just went back to the well, the item isn't there anymore. It definitely saved it. Help. :(

Emerald Herald gives you the flask itself, not a shard. The first shard you get is that one at the well. If you have 2 estus flasks now, you're good. If you still only have one... I guess it's gone. I wonder if you can use a bonfire ascetic to get it back. Probably not.

EDIT: double post. Thought this thread was moving faster.

Daante

Bought earlier today and played a few hours.

The first hour went to try to see what downsampling and other graphical settings from Durantes latest wizardry that i could squeeze out of my rig (3570k and a gtx 760).

Then i started play the actual game, and boy does that 60 fps and PC graphics FEEL GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

I have a tradion with the souls game to always start my first character as a melee, so i choosed the Warrior this time around. Haha i died so many times already..., even though i know my Souls gameplay good from previous games.

Shame i wont be able to play much more this weekend, since im leaving town with my girlfriend. But next weekend she will work, so then i will be able to PLAY!

It's also because they changed bleed. You no longer get the bonus damage from it, which is where the giant nerf comes from on DEX. Bleed in DS2 lowers your total stamina until the bleed bar goes away, but does no bonus damage.

Wow this is really making me think about re-rolling to a strength class.

That 30% life scrape was the bnb of dex weapons in DS1.

nbthedude

Agility is a stat that is directly affected by ADP and ATT. As you pump points into either, your Agility increases. ADP increases it more so than ATT.

for instance, at 14 ATT and 4 ADP i have 86 Agility.

Thanks well I need to do something different.

I'm below 50% equipment load but fucking everything in Forest of Sleeping Giants stun locks me and kills me in like 3 hits. I don't even have a shield that will block complete physical damage yet. I just fucking die all the time because all it takes is literally ONE mistake and any peon in this entire leve can kill me before I get a chance to move again.

I'm beginning to regret going Deprived.

ElFly

What's up with all the "illusory wall ahead" messages that lead to a brick wall that does nothing?

Are you pressing the interact button.

Other than not knowing that most fake walls have to be pressed instead of hit upon, maybe it's trolling.

Sullichin

What's up with all the "illusory wall ahead" messages that lead to a brick wall that does nothing?

Probably trolling, but in case you didn't know, you press the action button in front of illusory walls to activate them instead of hitting them with your weapon now.
Except Pharros doors

JimPanzer

finally beaten the pursuer! 20 ADP definitely helped!

I'm now 5 hours in and haven't seen a single invasion or summoning sign, only blood stains and message - is this normal?

yatesl

Are you guys playing co-op? I just beat
The Pursuer
and
Three Sentinals
, but both times I was with 2 other people. The first one took 10 seconds, as I'd already co-oped that boss before my go so I knew the trick.

It's a lot stress free, and also fun... but I feel like I'm cheating.

Also, whycantiholdallthesesouls.jpeg

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Having a rough time against
Scorpioness Najka
, but it looks like I blew my only chance to get an AI summon to help :(

Trying to avoid getting assistance from other players so I'm in a real pickle here.

chris121580

I'm now 5 hours in and haven't seen a single invasion or summoning sign, only blood stains and message - is this normal?

Have you joined the covenant from the guy in Majula? That's the only thing I can think of as to why that isn't happening, especially summoning signs

iNvid02

this game looks really cool sometimes

darksoulsii2014042521g2q10.png

zma1013

whoever thought of the pursuer should be fired for making such a fucking shitty ass boss.

Pursuer is an awesome boss, although sometimes he can have some wonky hitboxes.

Maybe a dumb question but are you in human form?

They might as well rename the pursuer's area to Detroit for how many times I have straight up murdered other players with that ballista. Thirty Helens gonna rock your world.

styl3s

So is it viable to play a ranger type character? Or maybe a sword/shield caster ala Battlemage? Do i have to use a staff to cast magic?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So is it viable to play a ranger type character? Or maybe a sword/shield caster ala Battlemage? Do i have to use a staff to cast magic?

I ended up using a particularly good short bow so much in the game I felt like a ranger half the time. Bows and especially crossbows seem more responsive and efficient here.

Grief.exe

Damn this thread moves fast.

Just lost 20,000 souls because I was trying to rush back to my body.

Wanted to dump them into Faith and get that Sun Spear rolling, oh well.

Thrakier

I'm playing a warrior. Where should I put my points? Any good weapon levleing guide out there? I'm a bit overwhelmwd.

This thread is moving way too fast. :( also all these item stats...how am I supposed to know what is what!? There is no explanation provided.

It'd be nice if there was a way to stop the enemies from going into 15fps animation mode when they're more than a few feet away from you. It's rather distracting.

I thought he was underwhelming as well, but the (late game/NG+ spoilers)
encounter with two of them simultaneously in the Drangleic Castle throne room
is another matter.

Sounds intense. Looking forward to finishing up NG+. I got about halfway through it on the console release before deciding to just hold off for the PC version. So glad I did, those old load times were murder.

Scorpioness Najka

Trying to avoid getting assistance from other players so I'm in a real pickle here.

What weapons/armor are you working with?

This thread is moving way too fast. :( also all these item stats...how am I supposed to know what is what!? There is no explanation provided.

There is a "help" button that will explain pretty much every stat you see in your menu. As for where you should put your stats, it depends on what weapons and armor you want to use. You say you picked warrior for your starting class. You've probably got enough strength and dexterity for good melee items (e.g. mace) in the early game. I recommend focusing on raising your Vigor (HP), Endurance (Stamina), and Adaptability (agility) until you feel comfortable with those. Points in the first two, in particular, are rarely wasted until much later in the game.

Scorpioness Najka

Drop your summon sign outside her door and help someone else. You'll restore your humanity when you defeat her and return to your world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom