• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Despair ahead... I cannot beat the Ruin Sentinels for the life of me, I summon two other people and still haven't been able to beat them, I've been grinding a bit to see if that helps but I'm just hitting a road block with this boss.

If you want some tips:
Kill the first one on the top platform, then when you drop make sure one person is on one of the sents while you and another person are on the other. Keep circling around them and just attack like twice in a row after they attack

Best tip? Dont get overconfident.

On that note, where can you buy a trinket to use miracles?

Chuck

Still without luck
jIZhpZKwEQxWx.png

do you have a higher res version of this? it's awesome

Grief.exe

I just remembered, I used a Pharos Lockstone in No Man's Wharf that
lit up the lighthouse of the area

Did it unlock something else that I missed?

I also unlocked on in Last Bastille that
has statues of a man and a woman in the room. I only found a few chests after I unlocked, seems like there should be something more.

I just used a Pharos Lockstone to unlock an entire Covenant, so I find it hard to believe there is not more

Sober

If you want some tips:
Kill the first one on the top platform, then when you drop make sure one person is on one of the sents while you and another person are on the other. Keep circling around them and just attack like twice in a row after they attack

Best tip? Dont get overconfident.

On that note, where can you buy a trinket to use miracles?
Basically that. Don't get greedy. Make sure they are all on screen and possibly 'recovering' from attacking before swooping in for a hit.

I just remembered, I used a Pharos Lockstone in No Man's Wharf that
lit up the lighthouse of the area

Did it unlock something else that I missed?
Basically all those long-armed monsters that jump at you and cause bleeding will stay indoors so you can pretty much run around and only have to deal with those ripoff-vikings.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm so completely failing at backstabs while people I summon/get summoned by make it look easy.

Three games in the series and I still don't backstab.

Sober

I'm so completely failing at backstabs while people I summon/get summoned by make it look easy.

I think they really reduced the window whereas in Dark Souls 1 it was relatively easy to get. I think another thing you could do is just stagger them with a huge fuckoff 2-hander and do a "frontal" backstab.

Make sure your shield is not raised when you do it. I had that problem for a long time and couldn't figure out why I never did them.

Grief.exe

Nah, that's all it does.

Basically all those long-armed monsters that jump at you and cause bleeding will stay indoors so you can pretty much run around and only have to deal with those ripoff-vikings.

That's right, the creatures born of the Dark are easier to deal with.

Thanks for the information.

Did you manage to check my edit? I remembered another spot where I thought there should be more.

Levyne

Banned

Did you manage to check my edit? I remembered another spot where I thought there should be more.

That Bastille one gives
you a semi-useful shortcut path of sorts via the cages. Otherwise yeah, just the two chests to my memory.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Make sure your shield is not raised when you do it. I had that problem for a long time and couldn't figure out why I never did them.

Maybe that explains it. I'm a shield and "HO-SHIT *roll roll roll*" person. Though Dark Souls 2's enemies seem to REALLY telegraph their attacks so far but when I try to strafe around (while giving them a berth to avoid their attack) they recover before I can attempt to back stab. Same for sneaking up on them. It's annoying.

Sober

I haven't been up to date or looking up stuff on wiki's so I could be wrong but dunno if they decided to make more Lockbox holes than lockboxes exist. As far as video gamey stuff like this goes that might be true as well as them ranging in effect from what you've seen to big wet onscreen farts.

But I'm glad you found
the Belltower convenant. Prepare to drown in titanite chunks!

Wait til you are in the
Rat tombs, there are way too many lockbox holes for them to be really worth anything

impact

Banned
Moonlight
Greatsword get

NPC helper was better than normal people for helping me with asetic/NG+
Freya
-_______-

Grief.exe

But I'm glad you found
the Belltower convenant. Prepare to drown in titanite chunks!

I spent all afternoon pvping in that area. What an interesting fun house From has crafted for that purpose.

I was even putting my sign down to help others.

Gazoinks

Just finished up N
o Man's Warf.
I know a lot of people found it frustrating, but I had a lot of fun with it. The theme was really cool, and as long as you pack two weapons durability shouldn't be much of a problem. Lame boss though.

And now I've got enough Dex to rock a Halberd, so I'm rolling full Alva set with Halberd, Bastard Sword, and magic for backup. Yeah!

Nice playing a Dark Souls game with ridiculously active multiplayer. :D

Now looks like there's only one place I can go to next.

npa189

How many of you useless Grey spirit fucks do I need to kill? Who are these people?!? And they keep breaking against my +5 mace.

Levyne

Banned
People talking about armor sets and items and stuff that apparently I should have by where I'm at but I don't.

Gonna have to go secret hunting :p

Grief.exe

steady hand mcduff
I believe

I haven't gotten him to open up shop yet.

I did just get the Bastille key and found some black goo that I tested with a torch to see if it was flammable. I haven't checked back with mcduff yet to see if that fired up his forge.

Are the enemies in No Mans Wharf
corrosive or something? My weapon durability just seems to go down super-fast there. Demons Great Hammer is nice in this area, the 2H attack flattens those green long-armed things, and they can't get back up before the second one finished them off.

I haven't gotten him to open up shop yet.

I did just get the Bastille key and found some black goo that I tested with a torch to see if it was flammable. I haven't checked back with mcduff yet to see if that fired up his forge.

The item you need is far, far away in another land.

GetemMa

I've defeated a few bosses and I'm at
No Man's Wharf.

And yet, I'm really tempted to restart with a new build. It only took me about
6 or 7 hours
to get to this point and I'm really not loving my build and the investments I've put into weapon upgrading. My Leveling has been good, but I feel stuck and not thrilled about moving on with my current character.

In Dark Souls I just loved the Halberd. I don't love it in DS2. The strikes are far less effective.

Problem is, I'm not sure what I would start over with.

Thus far I have to say I agree that Dark Souls 1 is a better game than this but this is still a really great game. The DS1 World is a better design and I think they made a mistake of
putting leveling up back at one bonfire but allowing you to warp from wherever you want.
It just makes you jump back and forth constantly and it really disrupts my flow.

Grief.exe

The item you need is far, far away in another land.

I feel like he wants a flame ember, but I haven't found one yet.

For the record, any hints on what lighting the braziers in front of the Last Sinner room does?

Looks like it just makes that fight easier.

Does the ds4 light always stay on when hooked up to pc, or perhaps a way to turn it off?

You can turn that off in the DS4 Tool settings.

Conezays

Managed to hookup for co-op with my friend tonight. Had a total blast, not sure how much the name-engraved ring helped our chances but it worked nonetheless.

I feel like he wants a flame ember, but I haven't found one yet.

For the record, any hints on what lighting the braziers in front of the Last Sinner room does?

Looks like it just makes that fight easier.

yep, just allows you to see and lock on to Sinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom