• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried to assist on the Pursuer and I'm pretty sure
that the other phantom with me shot the host with the balista...
he wasn't anywhere near the boss and suddenly "world master has died" flashed up on the screen. Those things are more trouble than they are worth!

Just beat the
Smelter Demon in Iron Keep.
So far, the only bosses that have felt like classic Dark Souls bosses are
The Lost Sinner, Smelter Demon and, to an extent, the Gargoyles of Belfry.

Levyne

Banned
Just reached
Belfry Sol

Is it safe to activate the levers here? I remember someone saying not to do one of them..

I'm so frustrated with myself.

I was like oh, The R
otten
is such an easy boss since I was only one hit away from beating it and didn't want to get too greedy. Then I glitched into the ground near a fire pit and died. The next 10-12 tries, I kept dying and making dumb mistakes as I got more and more impatient since I felt like I had practically beaten the boss anyway. That was probably karma.

Loving the game..

Character image said:
darksouls2_2lmdeh.jpg

Pretty happy with the performance, too.. even after using Durante's tool to downsample and with the Bokeh DoF enabled. To top it off, I'm forcing 4x SGSSA with nvidia inspector as well.

LiK

man, one thing about playing PC compared to consoles is that everything is so much clearer and more detailed. all those enemies are no longer a blurry mess. altho some of them are way uglier now that i can see their faces more clearly lol

Levyne

Banned
You'll know when it is the lever in question.

Go ahead and pull. Just do it.

Ah okay. Just wondering because of what the person outside the area said.

Also, defeated a Grey Phantom that tried to get me. Of course, this was after a couple losses D:

LiK

so i assume if i wanna play this offline, i need to make Steam go offline mode right? don't feel like getting summoned in the
Grave of Saints
. just wanna join the covenant for the achievement.

You can get killed while entering fog doors now? What the hell...

yup

Cerity

Thinking it's about time I started going back to being human, I know I've got at least 17 human effigies and have picked up more since.

I've been getting along fairly well with my Hex build, but I haven't committed to a Staff or Chime to start upgrading yet. Anyone know what a good Staff/Chime to use for the early to mid-game is?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You can get killed while entering fog doors now? What the hell...
Yeah, because you can still cancel out of the (early parts of the) animation.

RedSwirl

Oh snap. Just learned I can
break down doors
. A little bit of that Ultima Underworld inspiration still popping up in new Souls games I see.

LiK

Is is a huge difference? I can't beat this Giant Lord dude and it's pissing me off. The other ones just have loot?

pretty huge. each Giant Soul increases his defense by a lot. you need 5 to make his defense go to normal although i've beaten him with just 4 cuz one of the Giant Souls is a huge pain to get. you can still technically take him on but you'll only do chicken scratches on him so the fight can last a long time depending on how many Giant Souls you have. there's a dead Giant at the end of each memory that holds a Giant Soul. You could technically try and run to them and grab it if you don't feel like fighting them. there is one Giant Soul from the hardest optional boss in the game. If you wanna know who, I can tell ya.

Ellite25

pretty huge. each Giant Soul increases his defense by a lot. you need 5 to make his defense go to normal although i've beaten him with just 4 cuz one of the Giant Souls is a huge pain to get. you can still technically take him on but you'll only do chicken scratches on him so the fight can last a long time depending on how many Giant Souls you have. there's a dead Giant at the end of each memory that holds a Giant Soul. You could technically try and run to them and grab it if you don't feel like fighting them. there is one Giant Soul from the hardest optional boss in the game. If you wanna know who, I can tell ya.

Gotcha.
If there are three memories, where are the other two giants souls?

Is it that dragon boss in the shrine? I saw there was another way to get that one

2AdEPT

Is there a way to change the R1 button to R2? My pointer finger naturally falls on the R2 instead of the R1 button for blocking. It's cramps my finger to have to hold it over the R1.

try holding with both hands (the sword that is) ............most liberating decision ever made for souls....totally different game (better as it allows for more creativity) and learning curve wasn't all that bad really.

Vaporak

Sometimes when I use the small soapstone I can fight the boss with my summoner. And sometimes I get the message that he has left the area and get kicked back to my game. I haven't been able to see what determines it yet, anyone know?

LiK

Sometimes when I use the small soapstone I can fight the boss with my summoner. And sometimes I get the message that he has left the area and get kicked back to my game. I haven't been able to see what determines it yet, anyone know?

i've noticed that using a small soapstone will only let you kill a couple of enemies before kicking you back. i guess you could fight the boss if it's the only enemy left.

Vaporak

i've noticed that using a small soapstone will only let you kill a couple of enemies before kicking you back. i guess you could fight the boss if it's the only enemy left.

Na that's not it. I'm going through the same area over and over again so the enemies are static. And I'm getting kicked right as the summoner goes through the fog gate with a message that he has left the area, not based on time/enemies where you get the duty completed message.

2AdEPT

I've been getting along fairly well with my Hex build, but I haven't committed to a Staff or Chime to start upgrading yet. Anyone know what a good Staff/Chime to use for the early to mid-game is?
early to mid game I rolled with
sunset staff and archdrake chime
with the intent of going for
licia
's chime later...I think the
dragon
staff is better for end game, bt havent got it with my hex character yet. Keep in mind that if you dont mind compromising a small spell power nerf in each domain the
witches
staff will do ALL spells hexes miracles AND pyro. sometimes its nice to roll it all up into one tight package.

brief intro to hexes and how to get started

HeelPower

The lost bastille never gets enough credit.

Imo its the best area in the game.

Amazing bosses, thick atmosphere, great loopy level design and it connects to other areas seamlessly.

cheezcake

Is is a huge difference? I can't beat this Giant Lord dude and it's pissing me off. The other ones just have loot?

Each giant soul reduces vendricks defense by a factor of 2, so 5 makes him 32x weaker. You need 4 at least or you're going to be in the fight for an hour

Gazoinks

The lost bastille never gets enough credit.

Imo its the best area in the game.

Amazing bosses, thick atmosphere, great loopy level design and it connects to other areas seamlessly.

I'm working my way through there right now. Definitely my favorite level so far. It's like a cross between Sen's and Latria.

Cerity

Man, I just realised you could speed up climbing ladders, one of those "I wonder if you can..." moments after so long of playing the game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Man, I just realised you could speed up climbing ladders, one of those "I wonder if you can..." moments after so long of playing the game.
And it takes plenty of stamina!

God damn it, that's one thing I dislike about this game. Everything takes stamina now. I get that they're trying to balance stamina management out through all types of gameplay-styles, but casting magic drains stamina? WAT. (I also hate that shooting arrows costs a bunch of stam as well, but at least that "makes sense").

jourdy

Hi guys, just want to ask for some advice

First time playing this series. I picked Knight.
Just finished off the first boss - and got a load of souls.

Wondering, what stats should I level up?

Levyne

Banned
Smelter Demon
was a toughie. Seems to be a boss magic people could excel on, but I had to resort to Resin. Lucatiel tanked him better than any summoned players, haha.

Odrion

Banned
Dark Souls 2 is making me hope that someday FROM will go hog wild and straight up make a PSO style Dark Souls MMO.

They're sooooooo close with it too.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So Belfry Luna just trolled away my boss souls -.- I get up to 3 invasions when I head there right now, so what would be a good alternative route until it's actually managable to survive there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom