• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
A Sorcerer summoned me as a grey spirit to his world
Grave of Saints
and he decided to use Heavy Soul Arrow Vs Lighting Spear... I killed him with 1 hit.

The boss you just defeated is an optional boss. Go back to last bonfire you hit in the area and search for a ladder to use to slide down

after you defeat the smelter demon mid boss in area, you can run by every enemy in the subsequent area save for 3 right before last bonfire . Watch out for ladder in tiny room with 4 way flames. Go up :)

Yeah got it. I'm now up to the
snake girl in poison water lol no idea the name.
Guess I'll have to figure out how to beat her tomorrow.

Got a huge graphical glitch in this area:
jb18oubyUqzGGa.png

Team Fortress Souls.

I actually like the way that looks. :p

Also, has anyone seen this mod yet? Oil Painting textures:

So surreal and odd, I love it.

A Sorcerer summoned me as a grey spirit to his world
Grave of Saints
and he decided to use Heavy Soul Arrow Vs Lighting Spear... I killed him with 1 hit.

I had a similar one-shot battle in
Iron Keep
. His Resonant (I'm guessing it wasn't Great) Soul hit me for ~700 and my Great Lightning Spear hit him for ~1700.

I gave him the biggest finger wag ever afterwards!

Sober

It does. For the smaller straight blades, the Sun Sword has a 1h R2 thrust, and the Heide Knight Sword's 1h R2 chains into one on the second blow.
Time to join the Dark Souls 2 hatewagon!
I kid but seriously I loved the Short/Longsword moveset in DS1, why did they have to change it for LS?

Trickster

So many people that summon me for the
Myrha
fight don't
drain the poison from the room first.

To be fair, the requirement to
drain the room of all the poison
isn't exactly the most obvious thing in the world. Only reason I found out how to do it, was because after I tried the fight the first time
without having drained the poison
, my reaction could essentially be summed up as "nope, this is impossible, let me go read a guide for this bullshit"

Well I decided to go to
Heide's Tower
instead of facing
Pursuer
again and I ended up beating the
Dragon Rider
on my first try at half health without taking a hit, which makes me feel a bit better since I made some progress but I can tell he has to be one of the easiest bosses.

Levyne

Banned
So a lockstone in the
earthen area...gives you healing water, haha.

This area is has a good feel to it. The enemy placement and poison and traps.

I found the old Bandit's Knife again, but reuniting with my old friend only depressed me. It has been nerfed to hell and back. It was my starting weapon as a Thief in DS1 and carried me up through Sen's Fortress, and now it's...what it is now.

Wunder

What are the advantages of using the
white soap stone
compared to the
small
one? As in for the
person that is being summoned. Do you get more souls? Same benefits, just longer up time?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Black Gulch is the worst god damn fucking piece of SHIT area I have EVER encountered in any video game. Whatever guy on the dev team came up with Black Gulch should be taken out to pasture.

Nice, got lucky with Demons Greathammer, having a bit of fun with it :D

One question I've been to afraid to try... I've built up a decent stockpile of smooth and silky stones.
Can I leave them all at once in the nest? Or I have to do them one at a time? I know I can drop them one at a time in sequence, and then pick up all of the items. But can I drop say 30 of them in one go and get 30 items? I'm afraid to drop 30 and get 1 item ;)

Black Gulch is the worst god damn fucking piece of SHIT area I have EVER encountered in any video game. Whatever guy on the dev team came up with Black Gulch should be taken out to pasture.

Ya, it's horrible. I always just run to the second bonfire and skip every single thing in that zone. It's off to the right towards the end sorta hidden.

Nice, got lucky with Demons Greathammer, having a bit of fun with it :D

One question I've been to afraid to try... I've built up a decent stockpile of smooth and silky stones.
Can I leave them all at once in the nest? Or I have to do them one at a time? I know I can drop them one at a time in sequence, and then pick up all of the items. But can I drop say 30 of them in one go and get 30 items? I'm afraid to drop 30 and get 1 item ;)

You can drop 30.

white soap stone
compared to the
small
one? As in for the
person that is being summoned. Do you get more souls? Same benefits, just longer up time?

Large:
30 minute timer or killing the boss to get sent home
Token of fidelity

Small:
5 minute timer or killing the boss to get home
Winning restores you to human, repairs all non-broken gear, refills estus

Despair ahead... I cannot beat the Ruin Sentinels for the life of me, I summon two other people and still haven't been able to beat them, I've been grinding a bit to see if that helps but I'm just hitting a road block with this boss.

Alric

white soap stone
compared to the
small
one? As in for the

The small one always gives you
Small Shiny Silky
items while the regular one gives you either
Token of Fidelity or Sun Stone (sun bro covenant.

Wunder

Large:
30 minute timer or killing the boss to get sent home
Token of fidelity

Small:
5 minute timer or killing the boss to get home
Winning restores you to human, repairs all non-broken gear, refills estus

Thanks! Does the large one
not restore humanity, repair, refill?
I assume
Token of Fidelities are for the Blue covenant?

I don't think Dark Souls 2 is as good as Dark Souls 1, Is there any areas that's like Paint World from DS1? The level design isn't as interesting and I haven't found an NPC that's as charming as Onion knight or Solaire.

Thanks! Does the large one
not restore humanity, repair, refill?
I assume
Token of Fidelities are for the Blue covenant?

No, you get the token, and your gear stays damaged and estus used (but humanity restored). But you can gain unlimited (up to the max reward from the boss) souls. The small one caps at 7K souls, sorry forgot that part. And yes the tokens are for the Blue covenant (you have to join at Cathedral of Blue)

Wunder

No, you get the token, and your gear stays damaged and estus used (but humanity restored). But you can gain unlimited (up to the max reward from the boss) souls. The small one caps at 7K souls, sorry forgot that part. And yes the tokens are for the Blue covenant (you have to join at Cathedral of Blue)

Thanks again!
Looks like I'll be sticking to the small ones for now I suppose! If you take longer t han 5 minutes but you're in the middle of a boss fight, will you get teleported out?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Can I go anywhere else? I haven't found any other areas to explore besides the forest.

In Majula, find a stone archway into a tunnel. If you're at the bonfire, run toward the mansion and then go past it on the right side and you should see the path. There is one boss there that is much easier than Pursuer, though the enemies can be tough. Some good items, too.

Thanks again!
Looks like I'll be sticking to the small ones for now I suppose! If you take longer t han 5 minutes but you're in the middle of a boss fight, will you get teleported out?

I don't know TBH... I suppose you would, but I can't see a boss fight going over 5 minutes, either you would win or host would be dead by that point. I've never had it happen at any rate, and I use pretty much exclusively the small one. Man, I forgot to mention even one more thing, I don't know what it is with me tonight! Instead of a token the small one gives you a Smooth and Silky stone to trade to the crows. I'm pretty sure that's it, not forgetting anything else this time.... maybe... ;)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Some pics. Just in case some people consider them spoilers I'll just link.

http://i.minus.com/iVPF8ONzj7NeS.png
http://i.minus.com/inlDXiEJS7FnM.png
http://i.minus.com/ibkUSEt8sNDi66.png
http://i.minus.com/iLYFQYOh0QUJQ.png
http://i.minus.com/ifJn21UuYe9XR.png
http://i.minus.com/iKKkoA0EWmIns.png
http://i.minus.com/i85fN6p0qvCfe.png

I don't think Dark Souls 2 is as good as Dark Souls 1, Is there any areas that's like Paint World from DS1? The level design isn't as interesting and I haven't found an NPC that's as charming as Onion knight or Solaire.

Lucatiel
has a good story if you bother to do her quest and
Vengarl
too. Also
Pate Vs the other guy from Mirrah
is entertaining if you follow the story.

HoosTrax

It's easier to start from the bonfire at the beginning of the area, take the first rope, and then go through the door on the left and follow the path until you reach the boss zone.
Thanks, that tip definitely helped and I killed the boss after a couple attempts. But it didn't at all go smoothly...

The boss fight itself went fine. But I was out of Estus and there were still spiderlings alive after the spider queen died, so I was forced to run around frantically, mopping them up. At one point, I accidentally hit X and starting screaming at my monitor as my character did the "empty flask animation" while the spiders were running towards me.

Afterwards, I figured it was time to go light the primal fire. Thought it was odd that there was this guy standing at a desk inside the tunnel, but figured I'd talk to him after I had lit the fire. Run happily into the primal fire room. Only to find a hulking warrior inside who promptly smacked me over the head with his giant blade and knocked off the final sliver of health I had left.

>:|

That whole area (including the giant rolling boulder and mages firing homing lightning orbs) felt like a giant troll and ragefest despite having one of the easier bosses.

The level design has taken a massive beating that's for sure but I still really enjoy the combat of DSII. Especially sorecery

LogicStep

I feel like such a noob. I've been playing for an hour and I haven't gotten past the 3 big dudes. Just getting to the is a hard time. I'm talking about the first 3 armored giants and then the room with 3 at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom