• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Can you explain that mechanic?

I did so in a subsequent post:

The mechanic is relatively simple - gaining souls puts that into your soul memory bank (regardless of whether or not you actually use them), and the game looks at that along with your actual soul level to gauge multiplayer ranges.

The problem arises when you play a decent amount of co-op. You attain a meaty amount of souls for helping someone beat a boss, especially in the mid to late game, and those souls go into your soul memory bank.

So you can see the problem...

Soul memory disappears in NG+ but in the normal game, where the player base is naturally larger, it can become a major problem. Eventually I ended up not being able to be summoned at all for anything, even very late-game bosses and encounters.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh damn, the thread title
KuGsj.gif
so good

eot

Banned
I just want to play.

But the KB+M controls are awful. They should've just copied DSMFix, it was 10x better then what we have now.

And to support no controllers but Official X360's.

So annoyed. This should've been an awesome night, but now it's turning into a night where I just wanna go to bed and not wake up.

This is the reason you don't do double-click in action games. It forces you to explicitly add input latency, because you have to give the player some time to do the second click. Even if you unbind all the double click commands there's still built in latency for the mouse buttons :| which is why you can't do the jump attack, the timing is totally off. And there are even more issues on top of that, what a bummer.

Okay now I'm pissed off, I was calm at first but I tried all possible suggestions:

1.Re-Downloaded the game
2. Tried 3 new drivers:335.23,334.89 and of course 337.50
3.Run in administrator mode,run in 640x480 resolution, disable desktop composition,disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
4.Disable SLI
5.Try changing my DVI to a different port on my graphic card(s)
6.Check Integrity
7.Swear at my screen when the "Dark Souls II is not responding" error message pops up.

Then I did this and boy was it painful as it took a while, I played every single steam game I have Installed,Origin, UPlay, MMO(Guild Wars 2,SWOR,FFXIV) etc to see if there is something wrong.

I can say this they all bloody work perfectly, I mean Dark Souls runs great and looks amazing.(DSFIX)

Conclusion: FUCK YOU FROM AND NAMCO,I tried everything possible, if there is no patch or solution soon, I'm requesting my money back.(Greenman gaming is more difficult then steam)

Even BF4 which was a broken mess at launch and still has issues today at least could be booted up and played for crying out loud.

JLeack

Banned
Just leave via the cat. No loss, no need to be dramatic and start over. If you talked to her, she warns you about joining it.

I thought it was permanent. Sorry for being a newb. Given this game's design it surprises me From Software didn't punish me.

Thanks for letting me know of what the Covenant did and how to leave it. I'm good now.

What/where is this?

Majula. The middle house. The cat is standing on a table.

I thought it was permanent. Sorry for being a newb. Given this game's design it surprises me From Software didn't punish me.

Thanks for letting me know of what the Covenant did and how to leave it. I'm good now.

Majula. The middle house. The cat is standing on a table.

Thanks!

Grief.exe

It helps none. DS4Tool is spyware. It doesn't work. I've tried it all, everything posted here.

This is the only game this issue is in, even DS1 works =/

That is the second time you have said that, and people blasted you for doing it then and rightfully so.

Why do you keep saying that?

Okay now I'm pissed off, I was calm at first but I tried all possible suggestions:

1.Re-Downloaded the game
2. Tried 3 new drivers:335.23,334.89 and of course 337.50
3.Run in administrator mode,run in 640x480 resolution, disable desktop composition,disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
4.Disable SLI
5.Try changing my DVI to a different port on my graphic card(s)
6.Check Integrity
7.Swear at my screen when the "Dark Souls II is not responding" error message pops up.

Then I did this and boy was it painful as it took a while, I played every single steam game I have Installed,Origin, UPlay, MMO(Guild Wars 2,SWOR,FFXIV) etc to see if there is something wrong.

I can say this they all bloody work perfectly, I mean Dark Souls runs great and looks amazing.(DSFIX)

Conclusion: FUCK YOU FROM AND NAMCO,I tried everything possible, if there is no patch or solution soon, I'm requesting my money back.(Greenman gaming is more difficult then steam)

Even BF4 which was a broken mess at launch and still has issues today at least could be booted up and played for crying out loud.

Have you tried updating Windows Media Player?

Have you tried forcing the scaling to GPU rather than display through drivers?

sprinkles

My dual-wielding Swordsman is seriously squishy. But staggering fools to death with fast attacks is fun. Beat the
Giant, but nothing is in its cave or did I miss something?

gotoadgo

It helps none. DS4Tool is spyware. It doesn't work. I've tried it all, everything posted here.

This is the only game this issue is in, even DS1 works =/
You realise that DS4 tool is open source right? If it were spyware it would be seen in the code by anyone who chose to look at it. Stop spouting nonsense.

Facism

I just got invaded by a guy using the Halberd 2 handed R2 cheese. Thought i was going to get caught in a lag vortex of spam.

He missed and got bodied with a mace. Dominated.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Absolute travesty. Well, I'm starting over then despite having 25 hours in the game.

What a stupid idea of From Software.

Chill out. You can leave, and moreover, the game warned you repeatedly. There's like 3 prompts before you join for real. It's your fault, lol.

Lazyslob

Banned
I just want to play.

But the KB+M controls are awful. They should've just copied DSMFix, it was 10x better then what we have now.

And to support no controllers but Official X360's.

So annoyed. This should've been an awesome night, but now it's turning into a night where I just wanna go to bed and not wake up.

Haha, i dont really like the mouse and keyboard controls either, but im used to it now so it's okay.

Been loving the game so far. Haven't had any issues.

Levyne

Banned
Finally at the boss door at the wharf. Wonder what awaits me...

... after I homeward bone and spend souls.

Hey, where do you get the (person's thing)
blacksmiths key?
It would be nice to be able to shop with him.

dmr87

Upon entering the forest my fps goes to hell and the usage on both GPUs drops as well, same thing happens when I go near the well in the village, works everywhere else so far. Don't know if my settings are shit or if the SLI support is ass, I'm using 0x02004005.

JLeack

Banned
You linked a review.

Which at no point, mentions how to use a DS4 controller.

And please for the love of fucking GOD do not post this link:

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...sion-using-the-dualshock-4-heres-how#/slide/1

Because that's shit. It doesn't work. It never worked. Others are posting it not working as well.

Have you tried restarting? I had the method in that article not work for me a few times. Make sure the X360CE reads all your inputs before booting the game.

r3n4ud

Have a few questions if anyone is willing to answer...

1. How can I place items from inventory on play screen to use them quickly, such as health?
2. Why is my face looking zombie-ish after a bit? It's looking worse and worse, lol. Any
negative effects of this?
3. I summoned someone earlier. Wtf is this? All I know is that they were helping me in battle.

Facism

Upon entering the forest my fps goes to hell and the usage on both GPUs drops as well, same thing happens when I go near the well in the village, works everywhere else so far. Don't know if my settings are shit or if the SLI support is ass, I'm using 0x02004005.

prob SLI, having no problems with my single 660gtx. No framedrops outside some bizarre menu nonsense.

Reading around it seems like a lot of people are having trouble connecting to the server if they've received a VAC ban in the past for another game (temporary or otherwise) which doesn't help me since I've never received a VAC ban, to my knowledge.

Still, that seems... not right either.

Havel

Have a few questions if anyone is willing to answer...

1. How can I place items from inventory on play screen to use them quickly, such as health?
2. Why is my face looking zombie-ish after a bit? It's looking worse and worse, lol. Any
negative effects of this?
3. I summoned someone earlier. Wtf is this? All I know is that they were helping me in battle.

1. Start > Equipment > Go to the bottom 2 rows and put what you want there. Then use down on the D-Pad to cycle through.

2. You are going hollow. Every time you die, your health decreases down to a maximum of 50%. To rectify, you need a Human Effigy.

3. Summoning and being Invaded is a big part of Dark Souls. You summon someone, they help you. You get invaded, then put up your dukes.

r3n4ud

Heres a tip guys for a later area:

Do not ring the bell. For the love of all Solaire do not ring the bell.

I have no intentions of doing such a thing, lol. If I could sneak around and hide in the shadows, I would. I'm scared shitless as to what is around the corner ;)

1. Start > Equipment > Go to the bottom 2 rows and put what you want there. Then use down on the D-Pad to cycle through.

2. You are going hollow. Every time you die, your health decreases down to a maximum of 50%. To rectify, you need a Human Effigy.

3. Summoning and being Invaded is a big part of Dark Souls. You summon someone, they help you. You get invaded, then put up your dukes.

Very kind of you for the help. Thank you very much.

Facism

Reading around it seems like a lot of people are having trouble connecting to the server if they've received a VAC ban in the past for another game (temporary or otherwise) which doesn't help me since I've never received a VAC ban, to my knowledge.

Still, that seems... not right either.

bizarre, VAC bans are supposed to be a game-by-game basis, innit?

Did I just try to push it too much, it's capping at 30fps when I use GeDoSaTo and basically pushed everything to it's highest values at 3840x2160 downsampled to 2560x1440?

After playing on consoles, 60fps is sooo jarring...I love it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom